July 25, 2014 | 1984 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2009 2:05:00 PM More reviews by poshm

I just loveeeee this product....!!...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2009 1:29:00 AM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am really surprised about this great ds find! I was looking for a nice, translucent powder and came home with Stay Matte in translucent. Previously I have used MAC mineralize skinfinish natural. This beats it hands down. Why? It's silky, not chalky, and really creamy. There is no caking. I apply with a big fluffy brush. Quite frankly I am unsure the MAC does anything at all. Perhaps smoke and mirrors? My nose gets oily a few hours after application of BeneFit's You Rebel Lite (or whatever I am wearing that day, usually a TM) and instead of looking glowy, I look more creamy, if that makes sense! Definitely a good use of $6. MACs for quadruple? Not so much. UPDATE! It was 92 degrees here today, and for some reason I used Bobbi Brown's moisturizing compact makeup, which tends to be greasy. I am not shiny! I love love love this. I can't bear to take a lippy off for the awful container! I use this at home and use another compact (if needed) when I am out...truthfully you may not need the one in your purse!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2009 10:11:00 PM More reviews by xsweetx

I really like this powder. It doesn't dry out my skin, and I only use it to set my foundation, not to absorb oil, because I don't have really oily skin. I don't need to retouch throughout the day. I use a liquid foundation, and without powder it tends to look very shiny, and when I use this one it takes away the shine without leaving my skin looking matte, so I'm really happy that I get a nice dewy effect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2009 2:18:00 AM More reviews by yayitsanne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great, inexpensive pressed powder. I bought it in shade 001, transparent, which I thought would be, well, transparent, but it's actually a bit light for my skintone right now, though not enough for me to stop using it since it's very sheer, and I'm sure it will be perfect come winter. I apply it with a huge fluffy brush and I use it to set my liquid foundation. Like others have said, the packaging is awful. The lid doesn't even screw on; if I shake it hard enough upside down it will fall right off. It's not that huge of a deal to me because I keep mac blot powder in my purse for touchups rather than this, but I could see how it would be a huge downside for those who want to use this for touchups throughout the day. Also, it doesn't have a mirror. All in all though, a very good product for very little money!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 2:15:00 AM More reviews by faerielfire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Best drugstore powder you'll get for the price! Slightly large grained in terms of powder but I "stay matte" all day, even in the summer and during exercise! Definitely try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by mushed

This product is the best pressed powder I have ever used, for the price (I bought this for under 4) it really does more than expected for cheap item of makeup. I put it over my foundation, and it makes it last so much longer, I want to say it doesn't 'cake' on, but unfortunately if you use a brush it more than likely will, I recommend using a sponge (which is not supplied) which gives a more even finish. This packaging is quite disappointing, but we can't expect everything, it would be great if it came with a sponge and mirror, very small and compact, so great to carry about and even put in a small handbag! Really can't complain with this product it leaves a very nice matte finish, no shine at all, comes in a variety of colours, I use transparent but you should be able to find the colour perfect for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2009 12:33:00 PM More reviews by chinesejade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is such an amazing powder. I have it in 006 Champagne, and I use it to set my foundation and just by itself. It soaks up all the oil and it's great to just put in your purse and add some if you look oily during the day. It's cheap and the packaging is handy, I just wish that it had a mirror or something. I have a powder puff in the packaging itself, which is very handy for on the go. At home I use a kabuki for it, and it workes great!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by suejinc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

very inexpensive and i really like this product. i have a very shiny/oily t-zone. after applying my foundation, i pat my face with a little bit of this powder, and my shine is gone for pretty much most of the day. anyone should definitely try it out-- even if the product ends up not working for you, you'll only spend about 4 bucks at the most (target). the only complaint is the packaging.. i wish it had a little powder pad or came in a better case. the product itself is wonderful though (:

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2009 3:15:00 AM More reviews by jazmatazz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great matte powder. Bargain price. I just wish they offered a wider variety of shades.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by ilurvemakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first got this powder I was using mineral foundation so it did absolutely nothing for me pairing the two up lol. Now that I'm back on liquid foundations I find this powder to work pleasantly well as setting powder on my oily t-zone. I particularly love paring it with Revlon Colorstay Active foundation. Wearing it alone doesn't anything at all, but it does control oily spots for a couple of hours. I'm really happy with this product as a oily control setting powder since the MAC blot powder broke me out, a great substitute for me :) The thing I do hate about this product is the packaging. The lid doesn't close as tightly as I'd like and a lot of times falls right off when I put it back in my training case. For that reason I hope Rimmel puts this in a mirror compact in the future so I can use it for touch ups on the go.