Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 5/8/2011 11:24:00 AM

A thousand times yes. I would buy this product again and again despite its HORRIBLE packaging. Lemme tell you why.

This powder is fantastic.
Finely milled. It feels like cream on my fingertips, and that's something two other powders have managed to feel like...some Chanel compact and a powder from Seventeen (quite unpopular here, from what i saw), though they didn't have my shade....

Covers. It covers not like a powder, but as a mineral foundation. I don't have major discoloration on my face so i can easily use it as a foundation, on top of my face cream.

It doesn't cake AT ALL. It doesn't look like powder either, it just makes your skin....fresh. No glowy effect, that's for sure- it' a mattifying powder, obviously- but gives that Liv Tyler-esque fresh face, Lolita skin. I can't tell i am wearing it even if my foundation is long gone and i have to apply it on the wings of my cheek (the portion next to the nose), which are full of pores, or my nose, which usually looks like sh!t when powdered with anything less than perfection. This powder makes my skin look AMAZING.

It feels and looks like cream, doesn't create that product excess when you swirl your brush on the pan, like it usually happens with my Max Factor creme puff or anything else for that matter. It just picks up wonderfully on the brush (The Body Shop's short handled, natural bristles, dome-shaped kabuki brush in case anyone's wondering-natural bristles DO make a difference), and then covers beautifully; the bristles seem to work with the brush and the powder gets dispersed on the skin like mineral foundation- i don't even have to 'fight' it, or blend it in, or anything in the family.

The packaging is the worst thing ever because the lid is very sensitive, gets cracked and dirty very easily; this wouldn't be a problem if you could properly close it, and if it were more resistant. I broke two so far...when you drop the powder, it cracks on the spot :(

However, i found my best match ever, 006 Champagne. I noticed they also have another 006 under Beige something, which was a bit confusing even for the SA. it is a wonderful light beige which matches my skintone perfectly, and it also has a bit of sheen....i think it looks less powdery than the other shades, but again, this could be just me.

as far as the maybelline dream matte powder comparison goes..i find this powder a thousand times better. much, much better.

it does last all day- i have normal skin and i find that if you exaggerate, this could make your skin feel a bit dry on those areas. however, it's godsend for those with heavily oily skin, and it's true that it not only covers, but also helps heal blemishes/acne.

i will continue buying this forever. if only they changed the packaging....(which is why i gave it only 4 lippies)

on 5/7/2011 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a pretty good powder. I use it sparingly in the t-zone only, so haven't noticed it settling into lines. The packaging could be better. The powder comes in a flat pancake shape with a twist off clear lid, that completely comes off, instead of the usual flip-open compact. It makes it a bit cumbersome because you always have to put the lid down somewhere before using the product, and a bit cumbersome to put it back on when you're done because you have to twist it back on. There is no mirror included either. It also doesn't come with any sort of puff, which I found odd. It's OK because it should be applied with a brush anyway, but a puff would be nice for touch ups when you're out. So not a bad product, but the packaging needs some revamping in my opinion.

on 4/25/2011 12:20:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

First off, the packaging was annoying. I know it's cheap, but the screw on cap was super flimsy and no application sponge?? The colors are very yellow, and since I have pink undertones, these did not look that great, but honestly, since there was little coverage, who could tell? and, to it's matte qualities, I think any other pressed powder would do the same job. Not impressed.
**EDIT** Have moved my review up a lippie, because I see how it works well if used merely to soak up excess oil and set your makeup, not if expecting coverage.
*EDIT* This is a very decent drugstore alternative, if you cannot afford my new HG, MAC Blot pressed powder. My only complaint is that MAC Blot shatters quite easily, which is terrible if you want to carry it around in a purse. But in terms of how finely milled it is, Rimmel Stay Matte will keep the oil away but sits right up on your skin. Not opaque enough for a foundation powder, but not translucent enough to keep from messing with the color of your foundation as you touch up during the day. If I didn' t know any better, I'd give it a 4. But I do...

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This powder was "just OK" for me, nothing special, but at the price point, it didn't have to be. I purchased this because I was tired of dumping out loose face powder into its cap and making a mess. This was just a "convenience" purchase. I have the lightest shade, and its name escapes me, but this offers very little coverage, I use it as more of a quick setting or blotting powder with a big fluffy brush. It does well at first, but with any oiliness, it is quickly washed away and in those spots, it tends to oxidize on me. (Around my nose, on the sides of my chin, and forehead, etc.) Underneath my eyes, it tends to settle in creases, it's just not something I'm gonna buy again. but for quickness and ease, I'll give it five stars. The packaging, too, is much to be desired. My transparent cap broke on mine as soon as I brought it home. I will continue to use what I have but it's not something I plan on repurchasing.

on 4/23/2011 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

keeps face matte, but settles into creases of my eyes. i'm going to continue using this until i find an alternative.

on 4/20/2011 1:20:00 PM

I like this product because it does what it says it does. I keeps away that shiny twit look and with a quick touch-up in the middle of the day looks natural. However, the only reason I haven't given it 5 stars that is if you apply to much it makes your foundation go cakey and dry. Not a good look. When you apply not a lot though it does go along way.

on 4/17/2011 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's a great setting powder over liquid foundation. Not to light nor to heavy. I love the smell of it. I thought it would be heavy fragenced because of the smell and afraid it might irritate my sensitive skin, but it didn't. Kept me matte for about 5 hours, after that my nose and forehead was a little shiny again. Not a fan of the packaging. Worked well on my dry skin, just make sure that you moisturise really well before hand.

I've found myself going back to this powder many times. I love the scent of it, it smells feminine and floral - not medicinal like some powders. The coverage for me (i apply with a powder brush) is wonderful. I love full-coverage and I feel like this powder does wonders when setting my foundation. It evens out my skin tone and it is very matte. Only dislike is the packaging and the colour range. The packaging is very cheap looking/feeling to me. I hate how I'm scared to bring this with me anywhere because of the lid just sliding right off. There arent many colours to choose from, so i'm not sure if this powder is right for everyone. I, however, would repurchase.

on 4/13/2011 11:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

The powder is quite heavy and un-natural for me. It also looks way too cakey almost too plastic when you try to apply it and gives me breakouts sadly.

The price is cheap for it's quality and texture anyway but, the packaging like most pressed powders are useless. Once dropped that's it just little specs of powder left inside and I still used it a little while after but stopped because there were no benefits from it anyway. Not worth the item to buy regardless for it's price.

on 4/13/2011 11:38:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Eh.
That is my feeling towards this powder. It works wonders on the parts of my face that aren't dry (my nose and cheeks) but it makes my dry areas (forehead and chin) stand out in a horrible way! I stopped using this about a week after I got it!

Video Reviews & Tutorials