Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

on 6/21/2011 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

So far, so good with this product. I have this in "Transparent".

I had trouble finding my go-to Physican's Formula Mineral PP (translucent), so I purchased this on a whim - I think it was about $4 at Walgreens.

What's funny about this powder is that it's pressed, yes, but it goes on much like a loose would - sheer, light, and buildable. I notice that it is very, pale, almost white, upon ititial application - but within a few minutes it looks the same color as your skin. I use this in conjunction with Lancome's Teint Miracle and it doesn't mask the glowy effect of this foundation, which is a definite plus. I like it by itself, too - keeps shine at bay without looking mask-like.

As many other reviewers have said, wow, you can't beat the price. This is the first time for me buying this, so I'd say time will tell about how well it works. I don't care for the packaging, but a little packing tape on two sides seems to fix the problem, and I'm trying hard not to drop it!!

I find that I like most of Rimmel's line - decent quality without a scary price tag.

on 6/20/2011 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My friend first introduced me to this product, and, being impressed with the initial results I decided to buy it for myself. Honestly, even though there is a supposed range of colours, I only ever came across three so I bought the 008 Cashmere which I hoped would fit my asian skin.

- Average pricing ($10-12)
- Mattifies face for 4-5 hours
- Easy to work with; hard to cake on.

- No applicator
- Lasts only 5 hours (or a bit longer if you apply a finishing powder, as I do)
- Comes in 4 shades (in Aus)

I looove this product, but my oily skin forces me to apply this a least twice throughout the whole day. :(

on 6/12/2011 1:38:00 AM

I really really like this powder! I use it everyday as a setting powder, currently I am on my third one. Cant say enough good things about it. And you cant beat the price!!

So I am pretty oily, especially in the heat. I have been using this powder for over a month now and I must say it may be a HG for me. It does not break me out, and keeps my oil under control for far longer than any ds powder I have ever used. It has a scent that some may not like, but personally I love. The packaging isn't great, as most have said. But for what it does and what it costs, I can live with it.

on 6/8/2011 12:33:00 AM

I LOVE this powder! Sometimes I dont even wear foundation and instead I just use this powder because even though I got in transparent, its still gives a nice fresh clean coverage and its not orangey or pinky. Its great if you are the palest of pale like me and even if you have yellow or neutral undertones!

I have very acne prone sensitive skin and it has never broken me out or clogged my pores. It has a slight kind of flowery fragrance to it but it goes away and its not bothersome and I kind of like it actually!

I really like the packaging because its very thin and doesnt waste space in my makeup bag. I actually will pry the pan out (you do this carefully so that the powder doesnt crack) and put the pan in my refillable makeup compact. Its way better than spending at least 30-50 dollars on refills from department stores YUCK!

I will be using this forever! They better never change it!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I have been using this as a translucent powder to set my liquid foundation for over 6 months and have not even hit pan yet! It looks super light in the packaging but does not leave a powder look on the face, just sops up shine and oil like nobody's business. Will repurchase for sure..but won't need to for probably another 6 months. this stuff lasts forever.

one con: The packaging doesn't allow the lid to securely close. It does not open in my makeup bag but would like that "click" ..

on 5/23/2011 5:07:00 PM

I really like this powder but I wish it lasted longer , however it does say that it only lasts for 5 hours so after lunch i have to touch up otherwise i get very very oily on my nose. This is one of the best cheap powders I have found and I will carry on using it until its gone although there is so much product!

on 5/21/2011 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This review is for 001, Transparent. I'm an NC25 and oily, oily, oily, no matter the skincare routine or products I use. I have spent a fortune! However, there is hope...and it was only $3.58 on sale at Target. This stuff lasts a good 6 hours with breakthrough only on my oiliest spot, between my eyebrows. I apply it with a sponge & buff slightly. The color is awesome--truly transparent, and it doesn't settle in to my pores or fine lines (another issue I have). Yes, the lid comes off easily, but I'll duct tape it if I have to. At this price, I can afford to have one in my purse, another in my desk at work, and a third with my makeup kit. Thank you, Rimmel!

I had used this product for around a week and I immediatly started breaking out. I do breakout easily, so maybe people with less acne prone skin would benefit more from this product. The product itself is wonderful. It has amazing coverage and last without touch ups up to 8 hours which is GREAT. The packaging I do not like however, the lid I feel slips off which makes me nervous that product will fall out. All in all: The only downside is the fact that it broke me out and that the packaging overall sucks.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I've repurchased this product 3 times because it works!

- Definitely gives you a matte finish. My face doesn't look cakey at all. This powder gives you a clean finish. (:
- I like the packaging, although I wish it was more compact so I could carry it around in my purse.
- Color selection is good. At first the colors look dark, but when you apply the powder on it's a bit lighter, so make sure you carefully look at the color selection before purchasing.
- Lasts long. I wouldn't say it lasts all day though. I have to blot at least one time.
- Affordable! Cheap at Target.