April 24, 2014 | 1999 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2007 1:01:00 AM More reviews by switchbladie

I got sick of cover girl caking itself on my skin so i tried a different brand, i made the mistake of listening to commercials and tried out Rimmel. it did nothing but make me look worse!

pros: i like the case its thin and pocket friendly. good color matching

cons: doesnt stay on your face AT ALL. comes off from the lightest touch. makes my skin extra oily makes me skin look blotchy. feels greasy.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2007 2:18:00 PM More reviews by bambi53

This is a decent powder. It last long, and it looks natural. All though i must say, that i have tried better powders. But for the prise, its okay.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2007 9:43:00 AM More reviews by CLPOOH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've bought this in both Transparent, which was too light, and Sandstorm, which did work. I've given up on ever finding the "perfect" powder, as my skin is oily, and it doesn't take long for the oil to break-through. However, this is a good product. I love the price, and also the fact that the Sunday newspaper actually has coupons for Rimmel from time to time. The packaging and the cheap, flimsy sponge that comes with it leave a lot to be desired, but I just replace the sponge with a Cover Girl powder puff. I'll definitely buy this again. Oh, by the way, you can register at Rimmel.com, and get info. about their products. They sent me a "happy birthday" email this week, allowing me to register for a makeup-giveaway sweepstakes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2007 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

Oh, how I love this powder! It's my new HG for pressed powder. I have very oily skin and it is darn near impossible to find any powder that will keep the shine off of my face for more than an hour or two. But this pressed powder actually keeps my face matte for 5 hours ... just as it promises! I am so very happy with this powder. I purchased this from my local Meijer in "Peach Glow" which is a fairly light color - it is a perfect match for my skin color, and for reference I am a Bare Minerals "1.2 - Fairly Light" and Covergirl "Natural Ivory". So I am not the palest of the pale, but I am fair-light skintone. Peach Glow is perfect on me - it has more color than transparent, but just a little ... definitely as the name implies it's a sheer peach glow. This hint of color is good because I use this instead of foundation. When used alone it is sheer, adds just a tint of color, and hours and hours of mattifying power! Works really well used over concealor for spot treatments (zits). Looks great when used for mid-day touch-ups too. Love! 5 Lippies!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2007 3:19:00 PM More reviews by crazyfrog13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder is light and sheer, great if you're not looking for a lot of coverage. I found it didn't have a lot of staying power and none of the shades were light enough for my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2007 10:38:00 AM More reviews by gingerscent

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I find this powder to be cakey. It doesn't seem to set your foundation either. I think from now on I'll look for a better matte powder for my oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2007 12:15:00 AM More reviews by spackle_n_smear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First rant--I wanted to love this product from the rave reviews here, but firstly, what I don't understand is why in all the US convenience stores I've been to which carry Rimmel only carry three shades which seems to take care of those who are pale to light-medium skinned people. Rimmel UK seems to carry 9 attractive shades, including tan to dark. I'm an NC50 by the way.

Next rant--I bought the Transparent and it didn't seem to be transparent at all, but made me a deathly pale and pasty shade of thick and cakey. The only plus is that it did control shine, but not in a natural way.

I bought the Silky Beige hoping that I wouldn't look like a Kabuki artist--just barely...at least it looks like a little blood courses through my veins now. This powder doesn't disappear either and blend into my skin. It gives quite considerable coverage making my face look mask like by the end of the day by just two light - LIGHT touch ups made by tapping the puff onto the powder. Swiping or swirling causes too much color, coverage and cakiness.

Using a powder brush only prolongs the horror of any chance of the powder settling nicely. Using a sponge puff doesn't disperse the powder evenly and the look of too much makeup--only plus is that at least the powder looks a little more settled.

I can only recommend this powder for photo ops or sittings, or dare I say it, for the dearly departed. The result is just too extreme to pull off a natural look for day to day situations. Never had such a bad experience with makeup since I played with my mother's stuff as a kid.

I guess I'll go back to my EL Aeromatte until I find a long lasting mattifying powder that becomes like skin. Aeromatte does this, but only for so long until you have to touch up again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2007 9:02:00 AM More reviews by ilovelomos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [+/- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

AAA200

25 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2007 6:00:00 PM More reviews by mittens86

This product does what it claims. I am usually very oily all day but with Rimmel's matte powder I just need a quick touch up halfway through the day and I'm good to go

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2007 2:46:00 PM More reviews by organizer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

fabulous product!! i have very oily skin, use a long-wearing foundation then add this powder in translucent. i blot w/blotting papers during the day and touch up once w/this powder. ive tried several and this one by far is the best, its not cakey and doesnt 'sit' on my skin. and the price is right. i went out and bought 3 more, travel bag, purse, and desk.