August 28, 2014 | 911 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2009 2:00:00 PM More reviews by karen137972

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Does what it says! Takes the shine away I've been told that your powder should be 3 shades lighter than your foundation, and following that advice I chose Sandstorm and the shade is perfect. I do have a problem with the fact that the lid doesn't screw on and doesn't seem like it snaps on either it just kind of sits there. So far it hasn't come off in my makeup bag, but I can see how it would. Overall a good product that I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I'm constantly on the lookout for the best kind of shine reducing light powder, even though I have loved and been (fairly) faithful to MAC Blot for years and years. When I came across reviews for Rimmel's Stay Matte, I didn't have anything to lose but about $5 CDN, so I went and purchased it. And I am quite pleasantly surprised.

For my NC25-30 skin, I went with Transparent. Keep in mind I have a very oily complexion, so what I do may be overkill for some. What I do is blot with Shiseido's blotting papers first, and then take my small MAC kabuki and dust on Stay Matte over my nose, cheeks and forehead. It is so silky, and never cakes. My skin looks glowy, not flat, and while there's not a lot of coverage, it still evens out any subtle redness. I'm impressed.

One complaint I have, however, is the packaging. I can stand having no applicator (I don't use them anyway) but to have it in anything other than a compact form seems silly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 8:40:00 AM More reviews by marlavm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this powder for daily touchups. Didn't care for it at all. I found it heavy/cakey regardless if I applied it with a puff or brush. Noticed a few clogged pores too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2009 5:47:00 AM More reviews by believemetoo

I bought this inexpensive pressed powder in 'Peach Glow'. NEVER has a powder matched my skin so perfectly and kept my oily nose as matte as this.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Chiquilla01

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really really wanted to love this product. my face is ridiculously oily during the hot humid summer months.. i saw this at Walmart and i had a coupon for it, so i figured what the heck... i wore it for a few days, during the 118 degree heat we were having a few weeks back... it stayed on perfectly!! no intense shine i have always had!! i was so excited... of course, something had to go wrong.. day four, my skin couldn't take it anymore.. it burned and tingled my face forever.. even after i washed it off.. it felt like i was wearing DuWop Lip Venom on my skin.. i am guessing it has that dreaded ingredient Bismuth in it.. its the only ingredient i am allergic to, and i can't wear BE because of it.. so sad. curse my sensitive skin!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2009 7:29:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Fantastic setting powder!! The shade I purchased was translucent and it was on sale for $4...nice!! I really wanted to try this powder based on all the positive reviews, and I was not disappointed. I apply it with a large fluffy brush to set my foundation and it actually preforms to it's name. Leaves my skin matte, but not at all chalky or dry. Keeps my makeup looking fresh for a fraction of the price of other powder products that I have tried or loved. Never oxidizes nor gets cakey throughout the day. Fantastic find and bargain! Definitely worth recommending.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2009 1:21:00 PM More reviews by cocobebe_77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I admit that I didn't have very high expectation when I first purchase this product. It was on sale for 2.99$ so, I figure it wouldn't be such a loss if the product turned out to be crap. Surprisingly, it worked extremely well! True to it's claim, it did make my skin matte, no shine for up to 5 h. However, it did not have any coverage whatsoever, very minimum at most, so, I would not recommend it for anyone looking for coverage. I have been using it all summer, and it stood the test of even the most humid days! Highly recommended! As a side note, I have yellow/tan skin/southeast asian and I used the 005 silky beige.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2009 10:04:00 AM More reviews by six30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using it during a hot muggy Toronto summer and although it looked good at the beginning of the day it tended to look a little bit chalky on my by the afternoon. I'm usually a MAC NC25 in the Fall/Winter to NC30 in the summer and chose the '001 Transparent' to try. This was a good matte pressed powder for the price, but I think I will stick to my MAC Blot in medium.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 8:31:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

I love this powder! I've been using Revlon color stay pressed powder for years and decided to explore to something new. I am glad to find this and its cheaper than Revlon. I haven't had any trouble with the cheap packaging but because I only paid $5.99 at CVS I am not going to complain about it. I am after all buying the powder, and not the packaging. I have very oily t zone and it keeps my oily nose and forehead stay matte for a good 4-5 hours. I bought the transparent one, so it's not going to give me color. I use powder brush to apply, so it's not cakey at all. I am loving this and will continue to buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2009 12:44:00 AM More reviews by missanyssa

This is a decent mattifying powder.
The packaging is awful, its impossible to take with you because it would surely break. I work in a cosmetic section at a drug store, and we have had countless numbers of these break from people dropping them, they really arent durable.
Otherwise, it does a pretty good job of sucking up excess oil, I usually need to reapply on my nose after about 4 hours of wear which isnt bad, and the rest of my face stays oil free.

If you are on a budget, it definitely works, but its not the absolute best.