December 22, 2014 | 1815 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Tammee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this with my Lancome liquid foundation and together they help me create a flawless look. This powder is very fine so you don't really get a "caked on" look. It keeps my oil away for about 5 hrs till I either blot or re-apply.
I've used up one of these and I'm definitely going to repurchase.

I hate the packaging though. Ugliest thing ever.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by haraku1

I think this product is ok.
I saw a review video that it's good for setting foundation as it's not that powdery. So I was expecting a clean look after all.
But I had to apply quite a bit to settle my liquid foundation, I looked cakey.
If I decreased the amount to look more natural, my face didn't feel set.
So I stopped using the product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

I love this powder! I use a brush to apply this to set my makeup or for touch ups when I get shiny. It controls oil pretty well. The only downside is the packaging but it's ok if it keeps the cost down, right? I have this in transparent because the other two colors looks weird and dirty on my asian skin...don't know why.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2010 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Revolennon

I loved this product at first--until I realized it was breaking me out. It's a very heavy powder and is quite noticeable no matter how lightly you apply. The packaging is not the best; it has a flimsy plastic lid with no latch. Instead, the lid screws on but does not shut tightly and thus comes off very easily. Don't throw this one in your purse unless you want to have powder on all of its contents. It was an ok powder for its time but I have since switched to MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by sulfababy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use the translucent powder to set my liquid makeup, and it does the job! Only takes a little bit, too. Controls oil pretty and stays pretty well, especially considering how cheap it is! As others have said, the packaging isn't ideal, but I don't really need to take it with me in my purse so it's fine. Would definitely re-purchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2010 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Nicky1000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Good basic finishing powder. It takes away the oily look I get after applying sun cream. Decent price too, about $12 in Australia. This is the one product I think I'm actually going to finish!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 7:42:00 PM More reviews by henwen88

The packaging for this product was different, kind of interesting. I didn't hate it but I didn't like it either. It was also pretty shallow so when I accidentally dropped it, it shattered. I used this press powder alone right after I applied moisturizer and sunscreen. It kept shine away for maybe an hour to an hour and a half, not five hours like it claims on the package.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by volare424

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just an average powder. It's decent for the price but it doesn't mattify you for more than two to three hours. This would be okay if this powder was portable, but the bad packaging makes it impossible to put in your purse so you can't reapply either. It also doesn't come with a sponge or puff, so you should have your own brush or puff if you want to buy this. It also gives you a powdery appearance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has completely redeemed Rimmel for me. I usually use MAC mineralise skin finish natural as my setting powder, but it isn't great for photos or hot weather...so I wanted something to set my makeup for the New Year's Eve just gone which was a hot, warm night with guaranteed pictures. But, I also didn't have a tonne of cash to fork out on it either. Thank goodness for MUA, or I never would have looked at this. This powder is finely milled, and kept me matte (but still glowy) for about 7 hours until I washed it off...and it has worked just as well my past few shifts at work. I bought this in 'Transparent' since I'm very pale, and this is the right colour for me..I don't think it's entirely transparent. I only need a tiny bit applied to my t-zone with a brush to get the best effect...so I think this is going to last me ages. Only complaint is the packaging, the lid seems like it would fall off at the slightest movement which makes it hard to transport. Plus, mine looks different to the above pictures and has 'new'...so hopefully the formula hasn't changed for older users. But considering how well it works, and that it doesn't give me a rash or acne like so many products, I can put up with it. I would definitely recommend, for only $13AUD, it's a bargain.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by lolacupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this powder. i use a buffer brush to apply it, i find that with a powder brush it makes you look cakey. It really does absorb shine and it covers my large pores. The only problem that i have with this is the packaging,the lid falls off and powder comes out in my purse but i will repurchase!!