April 18, 2014 | 1938 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2007 3:19:00 PM More reviews by crazyfrog13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder is light and sheer, great if you're not looking for a lot of coverage. I found it didn't have a lot of staying power and none of the shades were light enough for my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2007 10:38:00 AM More reviews by gingerscent

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I find this powder to be cakey. It doesn't seem to set your foundation either. I think from now on I'll look for a better matte powder for my oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2007 12:15:00 AM More reviews by spackle_n_smear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First rant--I wanted to love this product from the rave reviews here, but firstly, what I don't understand is why in all the US convenience stores I've been to which carry Rimmel only carry three shades which seems to take care of those who are pale to light-medium skinned people. Rimmel UK seems to carry 9 attractive shades, including tan to dark. I'm an NC50 by the way.

Next rant--I bought the Transparent and it didn't seem to be transparent at all, but made me a deathly pale and pasty shade of thick and cakey. The only plus is that it did control shine, but not in a natural way.

I bought the Silky Beige hoping that I wouldn't look like a Kabuki artist--just barely...at least it looks like a little blood courses through my veins now. This powder doesn't disappear either and blend into my skin. It gives quite considerable coverage making my face look mask like by the end of the day by just two light - LIGHT touch ups made by tapping the puff onto the powder. Swiping or swirling causes too much color, coverage and cakiness.

Using a powder brush only prolongs the horror of any chance of the powder settling nicely. Using a sponge puff doesn't disperse the powder evenly and the look of too much makeup--only plus is that at least the powder looks a little more settled.

I can only recommend this powder for photo ops or sittings, or dare I say it, for the dearly departed. The result is just too extreme to pull off a natural look for day to day situations. Never had such a bad experience with makeup since I played with my mother's stuff as a kid.

I guess I'll go back to my EL Aeromatte until I find a long lasting mattifying powder that becomes like skin. Aeromatte does this, but only for so long until you have to touch up again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2007 9:02:00 AM More reviews by ilovelomos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [+/- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

AAA200

25 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2007 6:00:00 PM More reviews by mittens86

This product does what it claims. I am usually very oily all day but with Rimmel's matte powder I just need a quick touch up halfway through the day and I'm good to go

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2007 2:46:00 PM More reviews by organizer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

fabulous product!! i have very oily skin, use a long-wearing foundation then add this powder in translucent. i blot w/blotting papers during the day and touch up once w/this powder. ive tried several and this one by far is the best, its not cakey and doesnt 'sit' on my skin. and the price is right. i went out and bought 3 more, travel bag, purse, and desk.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2007 5:57:00 AM More reviews by hotpeenk

i'm on my 2nd one, both in 'transparent'. it's a nice, simple, cheap powder that does the job. i don't mind the non-compact packaging, as i only use it with a big brush to set my makeup. it keeps my t-zone non oily. a staple for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2007 4:50:00 AM More reviews by JMWT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was not particularly impressed with this pressed powder. I found it gave a very cakey finish on skin, no matter how little I applied. It did not give long lasting shine control even though it claims to control oil for up to 5 hours.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2007 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Wuzzo

I started out as a Rimmel Girl decades ago in the UK, when it was sold in the typical "Chemist" shop. How times have changed! Buying the Stay Matte powder was like taking a step back in time, even the packaging is similar. I keep this product in my purse for touch-ups during the day. It is defintely transparent and doesn't cake up, no matter how many times I apply it. Unfortunately, I have to apply it often as I have very oily skin and nothing seems to control it. No puff or sponge is provided, this is a bare bones pressed powder with no frills. I would have given it a 4, but the packaging really is rather basic and likely to break or crack.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2007 5:12:00 AM More reviews by tartina

Wow. I have been spending way too much money on uppity powders for years now. This is an amazing lightweight, good coverage powder that doesnt get cakey, doesnt turn orange and looks great! Much better than MAC, and most others for that matter.