Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 1/11/2011 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

omg. best powder i have used so far. i actually got this because it was the cheapest powder at SDM, and i read lots of good reviews on it. no matter how much i try to put on, it just doesnt get cakey! amazing.
i even have MUFE HD powder, and its not as great as this. actually MUFE HD powder doesnt even do much for me.
this powder is great for mattifying your face completely, yet still looks very natural. and IT DOESNT GET CAKEY!!! :D
i apply it with my MUFE kabuki. :)
i think it comes in only like, 5 shades, but maybe they made more by now. i have the transparent one, but it actually does lighten my skin just a bit.
looks FLAWLESS over MUFE hd foundation.
i took off one lipstick because the packaging is the only problem with it. i swear. the worst packaging everrrr. its pressed very loosely, and is huge, and the plastic cover just falls off. i put this in my backpack, and it broke.
fortunately though, i just repressed it into an empty MAC compact i had around. LOL. now it looks like i have a MAC powder :3

on 1/7/2011 4:30:00 PM

The products does what it promises - keep the skin matte.

It works very well, but it tends to flake my skin, and i have breakouts of acne after use.

That is why i would not buy again.

on 1/3/2011 7:56:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is such an amazing pressed powder. I usually buy a mineral powder that is way more than this, and it is better quality. However, I think I like this even more! The packaging is nice and simple. Not too bulky. The product applies well and really gives a nice matte look and really helps control oily skin. I will be buying this again after I run out!

on 1/2/2011 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This was the first powder I've ever bought and I absolutely love it! This powder comes in various shades so there's bound to be one for you! I bought mine in 005 Silky Beige. The packaging isn't that fantastic, it's plastic, but that makes it light weight and easy to carry. I have combination oily skin so this is great at controlling shine and it really does last all day! The only thing is that the label isn't completely telling the truth. It doesn't really give a matte look. It's more like natural. But over all it does it's job quite well! I will be buying this again!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

ive had 3 of these so far, and i think its by far the best powder ive ever used. its also amazing for using by its self with out fondation, because it has pretty good coverage. Its only flaw is the packaging, the lids are prettty cheap and im always worried its going to fall off

on 12/20/2010 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I don't really like to use powders. I find they can sometimes give an unnatural look. I bought this to set my foundation in the shade 001 Transparent. I find it works very, very well at controlling shine & oil on my T-zone. I pair this with my Revlon Colorstay foundation and it works well to keep it on all day.

I find this when applied with a light hand, gives the best finish and is all I need to set the foundation. However, if I apply too much it can emphasize larger pores on my face. So a light hand is key. A little goes a long way with this, and I can see this lasting me litterally years! So it's very good value for money as you get a large amount. The packaging is not so good, I'm always paranoid that the lid is going to come off in my bag and it go everywhere!

As a finishing powder, I like this very much & would repurchase unless I find something better.

on 12/14/2010 9:16:00 PM

I never used to buy powders, I'm mostly fine w/ just foundation ( CG AquaSmooth=great foundation) however with my long work days and oily skin I just needed something to help me look fresher though out the day. So I saw this in the drugstore- saw it said Matte-saw the price, and I said "why not?" I'm very happy w/ this powder, it does help keep my makeup still though out the day and keeps it matte w/o looking dry. It also really minimized my larger pores around my nose. I have it in 001 Transparent. I only gave it 4 stars cause the packaging isn't that great, and it doesn't come w/ a sponge.

on 12/10/2010 12:30:00 PM

I really like this powder. I don't need very much coverage, I use tinted moisturizer from clinique and just wanted something to set it with, this is perfect. It takes away all the oil and shine from my face, and lasts almost all day. It doesn't irritate my face or clog my pores, I haven't broken out once while using this powder. I use 005-silky beige which is a perfect match to my skintone. I took off one star because i HATE the packaging. It doesn't really close all the way where it snaps, so i have to keep it flat on the bottom of my makeup bag. But, it's still worth getting if you need minimal coverage, just something to take care of the shinyness. But if you're looking for something kinda heavy with a lot of coverage, this isn't for you! I recently ran out, and i'm getting more today!

on 12/4/2010 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have been using this off and on for about 3 or 4 years. Nothing to complain about.

I really like this product. It gives my skin a nice feel to it and it leaves my face with a nice matte finish. I wish it gave more coverage, though, which is why I gave it a 4 and not a 5.