Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 6/6/2010 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

First of all, this product lasts FOREVER. I used it almost everyday for a year before it ran out.
...
The color range is limited, and though I have tan skin, I bought a lighter color since I wanted a sheer setting powder to set my foundation rather than extra color on my face. It feels like pretty much any other powder, though it isn't as finely milled as more expensive brands. I have really oily skin so it only mattified it for about an hour, but that's my skin's fault and not Rimmel's. If you need super oil control, this isn't going to do the trick. It works absolutely fine for setting foundation, though. If you use it on it's own it probably won't do anything other than add powder. It doesn't offer any coverage since it isn't a powder foundation.
...
The packaging is pretty simple and the plastic cover can crack if you accidentally put pressure on it. It can also come off if you put it in a purse. The disk is pretty wide in diameter, which is nice as it allows you to really swirl your brush into it.
...
Overall, this is a basic powder that is really cheap and lasts a long time. It will set foundation just like any ol' powder will. It will mattify normal to dry skin, but it probably won't tame oilier skin.

on 6/5/2010 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

what's so good about this? it didn't make my skin matte. I don't like putting on makeup at school because that's just awkward. I applied this in the morning after foundation, I was just as oily by the time I came back. Was I expecting too much? The cover of this powder even has "shine control; control excess sebum" but that's obviously not true!

on 5/24/2010 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this pressed powder. First off, itís inexpensive but it does what I want it to.. which is keep me matte! Iíve oily skin and use a full coverage foundation so the only thing I need out of my powder is to set my foundation, be sheer with out caking up and keep my skin matte. This does all that. Itís packed fairly tightly so you donít get a lot of product waste cast off when you swirl your brush, yet it picks up enough product to do what you need it to. Iím very pale in color and the transparent goes lovely over my skin tone. The package is a bit bulky but for the price it all works.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product! It shouldn't have been named Stay Matte though because it does have very very slight shimmers (you would have to look closely). It is larger than my other powder and is very cheap and really does make my pores look noticeably smaller, and it makes my face look smoother. I don't really like the packaging because it doesn't stay closed at easily as I would like it to, and it looks very cheap.

hmm the problem i have with this is that the sponge always seems to collect the est of your makeup and then ruins your powder and it always has to go in the bin before its finished. its an ok powder it stops shine and its a good price, bu for me i like a slightly better coveage and i dont think this powder does that. but i would buy this again when im stuck for powder simply for the price and it is effective just no the best powder i have used in my life

on 5/21/2010 4:46:00 AM

MAC Studiofix pressed powder was a must have for me, but it is so expensive for a pressed powder. I have good luck with Rimmel products, so I decided to try the stay matte pressed powder.

I LOVE IT. I honestly think its better than studiofix. I use it on top of dream matte mousse foundation and it stays all day! I get so many compliments and people asking me what I use on my skin. I will buy this forever! I apply it with a round sponge (like the one that comes with the MAC studio fix), and it is amazing!

Only complaint is that the packaging is cheap and the lid doesnt really stay on, but i can live with that so it doesnt bother me.

on 5/17/2010 6:30:00 PM

Firstly, I don't suffer from oily skin, and so I don't know whether or not this powder is good for those who do.

However, as someone who suffers from eczema, I would recommend that people of the same skin type do not use this product ! Even when I put a small amount in some areas over my foundation, it left me with really dry patches that lasted for a couple of days AFTER I'd started using the product.

It's also quite cakey, and almost impossible to blend if like me, you don't like to wear a lot of makeup.
Normally I don't scrimp on skin products, but in this case I did - while the powder is cheap, the look it gives you is too, and the packaging is way too flimsy.

on 5/12/2010 3:29:00 PM

LOVING this stuff! It works as well as MAC without the exhorbitant price tag & without breaking me out(Yes, MAC actually breaks me out if you can believe that!). Yes, I need to touch it up a few times a day, but it lasts WAY longer than any other powder I've tried. The price is right, $4 at Wally World for a VERY generous amount(about half an ounce), It doesn't cake up & look gross, I don't think the fragrance is really necessary but it doesn't cause any problems(and it's not offensive), and the only thing I don't like is the packaging. It's not even the fact that its a 2-piece container, but they need to include a puff & a mirror.

on 5/9/2010 4:58:00 PM

This seems o.k. but I guess I'm disappointed. I was looking for an alternative to my MAC Blot powder which I have used for probably 10 years now. I picked this up at CVS because they were having a sale. I got the Translucent color which is, indeed translucent. It seems to hold back oil but not nearly as well as Blot does for me. I had to reapply every couple of hours which just doesn't work for me. I am willing to do a midday reapply but I don't want to have to check the mirror 10 times a day to see if I have oil breakthrough. I'm too busy for that. I'll use this up but will continue to look for some better options. (Edit: I'm talking this down to 2 lipsticks. It just doesn't do a good job at controlling oil on my face. I am constantly having to reapply.)

on 5/7/2010 7:19:00 PM

I bought this mattifying powder to....mattify my face. However, when I walked out of walgreens and opened the package in the sunlight I noticed a very light shimmer in the powder. Why would a powder that claimed to take away shine put shine inducing shimmer into the product? I have pores I'd like to make look smaller, not inhance them with shimmer. I even went into the store and wiped off the top layer of the powder with a paper towel and had the counter girl look at it, and yep, packed with a very fine shimmer, almost only visible in sunlight. Hey, maybe all pressed powders have a fine shimmer but I've never noticed and it really turned me off!

Video Reviews & Tutorials