November 25, 2014 | 1782 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2009 11:29:00 AM More reviews by intercitykitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is great.

The colours are a little limiting, but luckily one of them works for me.
I like that the colours are mostly a neutral beige base, as opposed to a pinky or orangey base. Very true neutral.

It goes on smoothly and evenly. It leaves a very nice matte finish without being cakey or looking too powdered.

I find it absorbs oil throughout the day well, because I rarely have to reapply.
If you do need to reapply, I suggest first blotting or wiping some off the t-zone (or where you tend to get oiliest) THEN reapplying so you don't end up with areas that look heavily packed with makeup. For some reason, I find it tends to cake to oil if you reapply directly over the oily spots.

The price is right, and it travels well.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2009 1:25:00 AM More reviews by anywayreally

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this powder. It does indeed give a perfect matte finish for the very old-fashioned look I like, it smells nice, and it's very economical. Best of all, and this is the thing I have seen the most complaints about, I love the packaging. It is easy to de-pot, and it fits perfectly in my antique powder compact. I thought I was going to have to start buying Estee Lauder powder at ten bucks a pop. This costs less than half that! Win!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2009 8:35:00 AM More reviews by ameliemay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this powder! The only other setting powder I've used before this has been Maybelline's pure.powder, but that was really chalky. I wanted MAC's blot powder, mineralize skinfinish natural or maybe even studio fix, but forking out $50AUD compared to $10 seemed silly.
I still want them, just to try out, and I probably will once I run out of this - it doesn't last for 6+ hours or whatever it says on the packaging, maybe 3 at most.
It doesn't look as natural over my already-mattifying foundation (MUFE Matt Velvet), but day-to-day I either use it just over concealer on a good skin day, or over MAC studio moisture tint. It looks quite natural applied lightly over other products, and really does mattify my extremely shiny nose. It can look extremely fake and cakey if too much is applied, so just lightly swipe the brush/cotton pad in and maybe tap the excess off if you really want something natural. It's good for touch-ups too, it's so small you can just throw it and a little fluffy brush in and go :]
I haven't had any problems with the packaging yet and I've been whacking it around in a lot of unsafe bags and purses.
Brilliant all-round powder, especially considering the price :D

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2009 3:09:00 PM More reviews by spifftiff88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this powder, since it's the only one I have but am on the lookout for a good one (mainly for under my eyes to set concealer and lighten it up a bit) I could use a rec! Anyway it's ok for the rest of the face..it is pretty obvious that you aren't going natural..but the worst is that it cakes under the eyes and looks flaky and shows every line

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by strawberryblonde86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

very good powder especially for someone with oily skin, I love dusting it on over foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2009 12:04:00 PM More reviews by kelsey327

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

If there is such a thing as TOO matte, then this product is exactly that! It ends up looking instantly cakey and just TOO powdery for me. I used this to set my Clinique Superbalanced foundation and it just caked and didn't last very long either. I bought it at my Walmart for around $2.50 so I wasn't disappointed in the money I spent on it. Also, it had that baby wipe smell that a lot of Cover Girl powders have and that grossed me out as well...won't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by piggy1015

It does keep you matte but it also does make your face obvious that you have powder on. I'm trying to find a finishing pressed powder that does not make my face look "powdery", instead give me a more dewy finish. I'm thinking about MAC mineralize skinfinish natural and MAC mineralize skinfinish, but am not sure if the natural also will give me a "powdery" look, and the one without natural, i don't know if i can apply that all over my face or just on my cheeks? If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know, thx!~

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2009 9:27:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

----UPDATE----
I repurchased this again because I was on the lookout for a new powder that would last - and I remember liking this. Unfortunately I am VERY disappointed. No matter how lightly I apply this it's VERY obvious I am wearing powder, it emphasizes every hair on my face (which obviously isn't visible otherwise) and looks very powdery. The lasting power is pretty good - but for the finish, it's not worth it. I am returning this as soon as I can - even though it was only $4, it's horrible. The color match is OKAY, I got Transparent & I'm on the lighter side of NC20, more appropriately NC15 I'd say since it is the winter time. I don't recommend this and if you are going to have to buy a drugstore powder I suggest Maybelline Dream Matte...it works much better and looks way more natural!

OLD REVIEW...
I used to use this stuff back in High School, I believe I used the Translucent shade, and wow it's amazing. I was a bit make up retarded back then (hahaha) but this totally saved my ass! I really love the matte look it gave me and it didn't look chalky. Plus it's a STEAL, super inexpensive and great for girls who are just starting out with make up and can't afford the more expensive brands like MAC, Clinique, etc!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2009 5:49:00 AM More reviews by ameliemay

This is a great finishing powder, and it works pretty well on its own as well :] when I first started using it it looked cakey JUST on my nose for some reason... but now it seems to work really well, keeps my face matte better than anything else I've used.
Also, peach glow is a perfect match for my pale skin ^^
Packaging isn't that much of an issue for me, doesn't seem to have been destroyed yet :P

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2009 9:47:00 PM More reviews by colombianaj93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So overall i like this product, it has a silky finish too it, its true to its name, so its matte, it claims to minimize pores, but that doesn't really work on me. for almost 4 bucks at walmart, its a good price. the packaging it kinda cheap and bad, i feel lik the top can easily fall off and even though i just bought it, it has some crack around the edges, but i like it so far