Chanel No.5

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I absolutely cannot live without this fragrance.
It is simply beatiful and expresses my personality perfectly.
It is timeless, classic, chic and graceful - something you don't find in modern fragrances.
I am tired of generic bathroom-cleaning product type perfumes and I find looking to the older more established perfumes delivers results all the time.
I will never be without this fragrance.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

A bare bones powdery floral. A nice uncomplicated fragrance to spritz on lighly after taking a hot bath on a chilly night. I suspect that if this same scent was a recent concoction by Avon, Revlon or Coty (rather than an old one by Chanel), it would have ten reviews and nine of them would be absolutely scathing....

I am firmly in the camp of those who love this classic fragrance. Now, I'm no perfume expert, and
I tend to lean heavily toward the older fragrances anyway, but this scent, to me, speaks volumes of grace and class. At first spritz I can pick out no specific notes in the EDT, but after about an hour this beautifully crafted, yet otherwise indistinguishable floral concoction reveals a soft
sandalwood base.

Professional, understated, confident, timeless.

I absolutely love Chanel #5. It is sheer luxury! It's vibrant, elegant, sophisticated and feminine. I love the softness of the vanilla, rose and jasmine. It is a fragrance I would wear to bed. It makes me feel a bit sexy, a bit girly and so comfortable.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hey, girls ... Gramma here! I'm sitting here LMAO at the many references to "grandma" and "old." Admittedly, I'm probably much older than most of you at the site, but hey, I'm not THAT old. :o) I've been wearing Chanel No. 5 since I was in high school (many years ago... LOL). Almost every other fragrance I've tried gets "stinky" on my skin in a matter of minutes. *sigh* Personally, I find the fragrance of Chanel No. 5 beautiful and soft. I've had complete strangers compliment me when I was wearing it, comparing it to Johnson's baby powder. My ONLY complaint is that the scent doesn't seem to last... at least on my old lady skin. :o)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Somewhere along the line we as a society jumbled the terms "classic" and "old." A simple black dress is classic; Chanel #5 is old. I mean really old. It smells of alcohol and reeks of a grandma (not my grandma who smelled of tomatoes - but probably someone else's more refined grandma). This fragrance also left me with a yellow spot on the location of the squirt. If you love this perfume, great. I just hate smelling like I'm trying to mask the smell of a diaper bag.

I tryed this and loved it but for some reason it turned on me. For that reason I returned it. Then the sensual elixer came out and I thought about giving it another chance. Before I made my purchase my husband gave this to his mother for her birthday. Apparently she wore this while he was growing up. This may sound bad but I just can't wear something my mother-in-law wears. It just isn't happening! And to make matter worse, she is a very, very heavy smoker who stays in the house all day. When I smell this now, I have a terrible associate with the scent.

This is a timeless, classic scent that (in my oppinion) anyone can wear as long as it works for them. I hated this last year.
I bought a 100ml edt because my nana wears it and it`s gorgeous on her. Some MUA gals have said that it`s a bit of an old lady scent. I really don`t agree. I am 23 and love it - now...
It didn`t seem to work for me but i tried it again recently and i love it ! I am a huge fan of the 50`s and Marilyn. A time when women were glam and i feel gorgeous when i wear it.
It lasts all day on me so i don`t think that i will ever need to bother with the EDP.

Someone bought me this for christmas, a nice size bottle and some powder and i really haven't given it a second thought. i wore it to work once and many people complimented me but i feel like a grandmaw with it...

I was in both boats with most of the reviewers here: I wanted to love this perfume because it's the one Marilyn wore to bed and, deep down, I'm just an old-fashioned girl (screaming classy VINTAGE!). In high school, I hated the way it smelled because, yes, it is terribly mature and it put me in mind of old women wearing White Diamonds or musk, which I hate. I tried it again recently- being 21 and more determined than ever to love it or leave it- and thought it smelled like black licorice in the bottle. On, though, I absolutely fell in love. Something clicked with me- it makes me think of dusting powder, and, surprisingly, I find it a lot more subtle than I used to. I bought the EDT and I don't think it has the right staying power, but when I run out I'll buy the EDP- this scent is definitely a keeper. I even spray it on my pillows before I go to sleep! :-) I definitely do not recommend this scent to the Tommy Girl, Lucky and Cool Water crowd- there's nothing "fresh" or "light" about it, but for those of us who enjoy seductive, personal scents, this one is the heavyweight champion. It's hard not to fall in love with a perfume that instantly connects you to the most elegant women in the world...

Popular Fragrances