July 23, 2014 | 1625 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2003 12:30:00 PM More reviews by RunLauraRun8

LOVE LOVE LOVE this bar! The only reason why I stopped using it is because I have stared a international soap collection. :) And there is no use to collecting soap unless you get to use it and test them out! :) But still, the Dove soap is the only soap that I have used that softens and moisturizes my skin. When I use it in my shower right before bed, I come out feeling all nice and soft and it really helps me fall right to sleep! I love the smell too... It became my signature smell (fragrances seem to stick to me... which isn't always great...) and my bf thought I smelled really cuddly. :) (BIG plus for someone who likes to cuddle!) But I digress.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2003 3:31:00 AM More reviews by Marianne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I grew up with this... it was the only soap my mom and dermatologist said I could use, b/c my skin is very sensitive. It never dried me out, and I never had a problem with pimples using this.. but then I am very dry-skinned. Very gentle, and the unscented is wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2002 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Fhorn

I must admit that my favorite smell in the world is dove soap, I wish they made a perfume, too. I use this on my body with good results but I'm always afraid to use it on my face because I'm afraid it will clog my pores.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2002 12:52:00 AM More reviews by shinejunkiemonkee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is good stuff. It feels and looks very pure, lathers well, and adds moisture to skin. I use it on my face sometimes, but the fragrance can be overwhelming. This is a very gentle cleanser. Be sure to rinse well though, or else it can leave a scummy residue.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2002 5:45:00 AM More reviews by balenciaga

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hate Dove, i think it's disgusting stuff! So many chemicals in the 'bar', it smells icky, plus it dries out my skin. Hate it. At least it's cheap- not that I would buy it anyway!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2002 1:38:00 PM More reviews by kate8

I use this sometimes when I get oily, but don't want to drag out my Olay Daily Facials. It feels clean, clears my skin, and if I'm just a little dry afterward, a light moisturizer sets me straight. It's hard to mess up your skin with this bar and a light moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2002 6:29:00 PM More reviews by michellechar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love soaps, and always have a 6 pack of these in the bathroom. You can't go wrong. I am a soap girl, and love fresh soaps and luxo bahno, claus porto and roger&gallet. I'm also a college girl on a budget, and Dove gently cleanses and doesn't make me feel like I'm missing out on the 'good stuff.'

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2002 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Rayvenn

I use Dove everyday. This cleansing bar is the best, and I've been using this since I was young. With my dry skin, it never leaves my skin tight, itchy or flaky, with no icky film or residue. I can even use this on my face without any problems. All other cleansing bars I've tried never stacked up to Dove. Very gentle and effective. I'll never be without it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2002 3:02:00 AM More reviews by LaFif

This is a classic! And the smell! But I really can only use this in the winter as it's so moisturizing for me. I tend to be oily in the T-zone, so summer is out for me. Worth trying.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2002 12:44:00 AM More reviews by KarenCG

ICK! I have always hated Dove soap, and always will. I can't imagine using this on my FACE, much less anywhere else. The smell is horrid and it's, well, SOAP!