December 18, 2014 | 1792 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2003 12:01:00 AM More reviews by bluenermal

this soap is a staple! dove is probably the first thing i have ever used on my face and what i almost always use on my body. my dermatologist recommended it to me years ago when i asked what was best to use if you have acne and sensitive skin. of course i have strayed to other products with tempting claims like bha and aha's, but there is nothing like the smell and feel of your face after using dove!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2003 5:15:00 PM More reviews by ambr

I think everyone agrees...this bar is pretty fine stuff. It's a soap that even guys won't deny using. My boyfriend uses it (I knew he was a keeper when I saw the Dove bar sitting in his shower caddy), the guy at Petland uses it (shook his hand, I commented on his skin and he said, "Oh, I only use Dove"), my mom uses it.....pretty universal. I agree, the pink Nutrium bar is a little harsher, oddly enough. You just can't go wrong with the classic white.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2003 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Fhorn

This is my all time favorite soap and I LOVE the smell

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2003 1:41:00 PM More reviews by niveous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Looking for a new cleanser, I went out and bought a 4-pack at Wal-Mart, just based on everyone's rave review. Boy, was I disappointed! Initially, Dove seemed to work well; it cleaned my face and removed even the toughest mascara, so I didn't even have to use a separate make-up remover. Soon enough, however, I started getting break-outs from using this soap! It seems to irritate my skin and make the blemishes even *more* red.
Also - what is with the scent of the soap, even though it's supposed to be *unscented*?! I was expecting none whatsoever, but was a bit put off by the smell. Don't tell me it's the moisturizing lotion bit, because fragrances of this type is synthetic and shouldn't be in an unscented bar. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2003 1:06:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A staple for years--I grew up using it and always seem to go back to it as an adult. Love them all--the white, sensitive, and most of all the pink and white striped nutrium! Great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2003 9:36:00 PM More reviews by hitiger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The absolute, hands-down, favorite of mine. I always go back to dove for my face. My mother looks a decade younger than she is and she has used Dove forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2003 4:22:00 PM More reviews by DanielleWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is a classic soap staple that i was raised on as a child. the only reason i don't use this anymore is that i've switched to thier nutrium bar and i prefer shower gels most of the time. how can you go wrong with this soap? it's creamy, it lathers well and it smells great. very soothing, especially for a bar soap!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2003 11:05:00 AM More reviews by ritape

This is the only soap I will use. This is best soap for the face and body. My parents used this soap and I have been using it for years. Other soaps leave skin dry, but this one is very moisturizing and leaves a clean fragrance - no matter which one you choose.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2003 6:19:00 PM More reviews by kozizi

With my combination skin, I tried the Dove Nutrium and it seemed ok at first. But after about a week, my face started to feel really dry and tight. I don't think its a good idea to use a bar soap for the face. So I just use it in the shower now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2003 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Cutie6680

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After having a very bad facial reaction, this is the only thing that i could wash my face with after wards. it smells great and never breaks me out. i really dont think i could survive w/ out this!