Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 1/16/2004 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love it...smooth clean feeling after shower.

on 1/7/2004 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I think this works best as a body soap. Classic.

on 12/31/2003 4:33:00 PM

When I really feel like splurging I git myself this at Aldi cuz its cheap there. It works good on me and my husband, he has dermatitis the dr said. Its my HG of soap

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i had been wary of this because i thought it would make me break out but i decided to buy it since it was so cheap and it got pretty good reviews. after 1 or 2 showers with it i was addicted, i never even want to shower with the expensive cleansers and shower gels i used to use. i now love the scent too and no other cleanser left my skin so soft. it rinses clean but really moisturizes. this is my hg soap!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this soap. It's milky and creamy and really moisturizes your skin. It smells great too, although my mother doesn't seem to like it that much. I love all Dove products! **I"m officially over Dove! The soap dried out my skin and made is so flaky, and I know this is o/t, but the shampoo/conditioner also made my hair itchy! :'(

I was at my grandma's house last year, and my aunt kept on telling me to cleanse my face properly. I looked in the bathroom, and there was a bar of Dove on the sink.

So I rubbed it, got some foam, and washed my face. It was very mild yet it helped with the odd spots.

When I was to go out somewhere the next day but there was that odd spot or bump on an unwanted area, I'd rub Dove on that for about 10 mins. The next day that odd area would be gone, or at the very least much less visible.

This soap is cheap. You don't have to totally hurt your wallet for it. No long hours of thinking whether or not to buy it. I highly recommend this product.

on 11/29/2003 12:16:00 PM

I always prefers soaps for a cleaner feeling compared to shower gels. This product is great as it lathers up nicely yet is not drying on my skin, unlike other normal drugstore soaps. Plus the fact that it's really cheap compared to those fr beauty or expensive brands, this one's a real bargain!

on 11/12/2003 2:50:00 AM

No matter what Paula B. said, I love this egg-shape soap. It makes my skin silkier, softer, smoother. I'm not very fond of the fragrance, but well, it's better than Ivory IMHO. I've been through MANY high end cleansers, but find myself reaching Dove Bar ever so often.

on 11/9/2003 2:43:00 PM

I love Dove soap! I've used this when I was younger and it cleansed my skin perfectly. I stopped using it for a while and tried other cleansers. When I used other cleansers, my skin always had one pimple or another. I had no idea what was going on with my skin. All I know is that now that I'm using Dove again, my skin is suddenly so much better . . . I'll never switch again.

on 10/13/2003 11:28:00 AM

I had this recommended by my derm back when I had acne years ago and but found it worked better as a body soap b/c literally anything that came in contact with my skin (on my face that is) at that point caused it to break out. Fast forward 10 years, after running out of my usual Aveeno Skin Replenishing, I decided to give it a try once again. And now I have yet to stop. It's working just as good, takes off eye makeup, no breakouts, no drying me out and smells heavenly - so much so that I actually look forward to washing my face. I think the older I get, the more I realize that some of the best products don't have to break your bank account. If it keeps working like this, I'll keep using it on my face too!