October 25, 2014 | 1727 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by dachua

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm one of those who doesn't understand the hype. These are ok, just barely ok. They are not particularily moisturizing and the color doesn't last long. I noticed in the photos above the thread that they are shown on a young woman with beautiful plump lips. Any lipstick will look great on those lips as opposed to older women with thinner/drier lips. The lip butters have a nice selection of colors, but the texture is not flattering to older lips--greasy and a little dry at the same time, if that's even possible, not long lasting at all in the lighter colors. I will use them, but I won't repurchase.

12 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2011 1:55:00 AM More reviews by justwishin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow...this stuff is WAY overrated. I bought it thinking it would be rich and buttery. But it's kinda thin and Vasiline-y, like a cheap liquid lipbalm (think Blistex in the squeeze tube). I've noticed that some lip products, due to formula alone, make my lips look either fuller or (ugh) smaller. It has to do with whatever emollients are used. Some formulas just kind of plump your lips. But this formula makes my lips look SMALLER. It's like the outline of my lips actually seems to shrink in a little. I've had it happen with a few other products and I'm sad it happened with this. To get a good look, I'd need a lipliner and gloss and that kind of defeats the purpose of this product. Since this made my lips look worse, I can't really recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by westside

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I'm so iffy about this product, considering I love Revlon. In the last two weeks I've bought nearly every shade. There are some nicely pigmented shades like red velvet and shimmery ones like the peach one. But at least six colors barely show up. Sure, they're moisturizing, but so are the regular colorburst lipsticks from Revlon. I don't like the flat top bullet of the actual lipstick either because it's messier to apply, esp since I don't have Angelina's poufy lips. While the packaging is cute, the cap is so hard to remove sometimes. With all the sales and coupons I may purchase more if a new color comes out, but I'd much rather stick to the Super Lustrous classic line from Revlon.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by mmmMarilyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh, you know. Just the best thing in the entire history of the world.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Tlee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Everyone's raving about the Fig Jam and Pink Truffle, but I LOVE the Sugar Plum. The perfect rich&juicy MLBB shade. No brown. I'll go with Berry Smoothie next Spring, but for now I am set.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by productmomma

I got this in Peach Parfait and love it. Very moisturizing, but not greasy or waxy. Really flattering color. A keeper!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by rachelclay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love these! Sheer to buildable color. Not too thick or sticky. Decently moisturizing. Candy apple is a perfect red.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Kexner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Been lemming these ever since I heard about them. Finally found them at Target last night and was freakishly excited! Bought Sugar Plum, because I look like death with pale lips and absolutely love it! Creamy, shiny but doesn't scream LIPGLOSS. Staying power isn't great, but I wasn't expecting to, it's a balm/butter, not a long-lasting lipstick (which have been drying my lips out horribly lately) Can't wait till I find a bogo somewhere to pick up a couple more (or at least a backup one for my desk drawer at work)

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by DrMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I went looking for these lip butters b/c I was excited that there was a "gloss stick" in the drugstore. I am a lip gloss junkie but I'm getting too old for it and have been trying to get into lipsticks. FYI - I Iove the sheen supremes that MAC came out with, which replaced the slim shines. Anyway, I finally found these at Rite Aid, and my first thought was would it kill people to not test it on their hands? The only ones left were colors that only had 1 left and obviously had been swatched. I picked up 2 colors - peach parfait and pink truffle. I love YLBB shades and this hits the spot! The peach parfait is a YLBB shimmer/sparkle color and the pink truffle is a slightly darker YLBB without any shimmer. Both have shine of a gloss. I ended up sanitizing these before using them b/c I could tell one of them had been swatched in the store. They are moisturizing but do not have the rich moisturization of the sheen supremes. They also don't give you much product which was obvious when I swiveled up the lipsticks while sanitizing them. Overall, great job Revlon, they are kinda expensive ($7.50 for 0.09 oz product), and good colors. I see myself buying more of these!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by cnd0020

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I found a nearly empty display of these and was sad that Sugar Plum and Peach Parfait were already taken. I settled for Pink Truffle and I'm SO glad I did! It's a beautiful pinky brown and is very flattering and classy looking on my NC20 skin. Instant HG from the line, no question. I love how you can build up the color, too. I'll definitely keep an eye on these, as I hear they're becoming a part of the permanent Revlon collection in a few months.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No