August 28, 2014 | 1433 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Kexner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Been lemming these ever since I heard about them. Finally found them at Target last night and was freakishly excited! Bought Sugar Plum, because I look like death with pale lips and absolutely love it! Creamy, shiny but doesn't scream LIPGLOSS. Staying power isn't great, but I wasn't expecting to, it's a balm/butter, not a long-lasting lipstick (which have been drying my lips out horribly lately) Can't wait till I find a bogo somewhere to pick up a couple more (or at least a backup one for my desk drawer at work)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by DrMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I went looking for these lip butters b/c I was excited that there was a "gloss stick" in the drugstore. I am a lip gloss junkie but I'm getting too old for it and have been trying to get into lipsticks. FYI - I Iove the sheen supremes that MAC came out with, which replaced the slim shines. Anyway, I finally found these at Rite Aid, and my first thought was would it kill people to not test it on their hands? The only ones left were colors that only had 1 left and obviously had been swatched. I picked up 2 colors - peach parfait and pink truffle. I love YLBB shades and this hits the spot! The peach parfait is a YLBB shimmer/sparkle color and the pink truffle is a slightly darker YLBB without any shimmer. Both have shine of a gloss. I ended up sanitizing these before using them b/c I could tell one of them had been swatched in the store. They are moisturizing but do not have the rich moisturization of the sheen supremes. They also don't give you much product which was obvious when I swiveled up the lipsticks while sanitizing them. Overall, great job Revlon, they are kinda expensive ($7.50 for 0.09 oz product), and good colors. I see myself buying more of these!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by cnd0020

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I found a nearly empty display of these and was sad that Sugar Plum and Peach Parfait were already taken. I settled for Pink Truffle and I'm SO glad I did! It's a beautiful pinky brown and is very flattering and classy looking on my NC20 skin. Instant HG from the line, no question. I love how you can build up the color, too. I'll definitely keep an eye on these, as I hear they're becoming a part of the permanent Revlon collection in a few months.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

Edit; have been wearing a few days now and like these even more. The shape reminds me of those old CG lip glosses in similar form. I always liked those too. NOTE, these feel a bit hard/dry at first, meaning first few times. But it seems thats just the top layer and if you just apply a few more times with slight pressure, its creamy and moisturizing underneath. I have very dry lips and this is comforting to wear.

Original post;I just got these today, one for my mother and one for myself. I am really a lipgoss gal but liked the idea of the shine of a gloss w/ a lipstick type application. The one I got myself is "Sugar Frosting," a somewhat iridescent, light, glossy, sheer, pink. I have looked for a shade like this in a gloss for ages. Neutral, flattering, pretty, shiny, swipe n go, no mirror needed. Makes lips look nice and full, and lets you wear a pinkish hue without the commitment of a lipstick that might require lip liner, or precision application using a lip brush. The consistency is more like a non-waxy lip balm, than either gloss or lipstick. There is a good deal of shine though the formulation is much thinner and more sheer than a gloss. I plan to get a few more, nice moisturizing feel.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by donnatd

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OK, then....
I am impressed with this product!

I've heard them compared with Clinique Buttershine lippies,
but they have less pigment than the Clinique... but!

This are far better than most lip glosses,
and feel terrific going on.

I purchased Pink Truffle... and Raspberry Pie
and they are very nice, priced reasonably
and are a great look.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by bodenhc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

woot!! I'm in love. So far I've picked up Peach Parfait and Pink Truffle. Lippy Hoarder....that is me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by apollosfrock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The quality completely blew me away. Here's some info:
These are going to be a permanent part of the Revlon line and widely available in January, though drugstores are still rolling them out. Keep looking, if you havn't been able to find them near you yet. While I would encourage everyone to at least try these, as I think they are fantastic for a drugstore product and worth every penny, I would encourage you to wait untill a sale hits Walgreens, Rite Aid or CVS, at least BOGO 50% off. They have them very frequently. I heard they are at Bed Bath and Beyond for cheaper but I don't have one near me. I thought I'd also mention that contrary to a review below me, there are no mattes in this line. :)

From Revlon:

New Revlon ColorBurst™ Lip Butter is a softening, smoothing and instantly hydrating** balm for baby soft lips in 20 mouth-watering shiny shades. Each delicious shade contains hydrating properties that decrease the need for constant reapplication -- giving more time to flaunt vibrant lip color. In a study conducted by Revlon, 94%** of women saw a difference in their moisturization!

KEY FEATURES/BENEFITS/INGREDIENTS:
Pampering gel formula glides on lips butter smooth and instantly hydrates* lips
94%** of women saw a difference in their lip moisturization
Medium coverage with a high shine finish
Mango Butter, Shea Butter and Coconut Butter naturally boost lip moisture
Gives balm-like feel to lips, making lips feel soothed, pampered and conditioned
Naturally fragrant with Vanilla Absolute
Sweet Tart
Creme Brulee

9 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by sadurday

These are just alright. I don't quite think they live up to the hype, but they are not "bad" by any means. First off, I LOVE the packaging and the names!! So cute!! Some of the colors are gorgeous (I prefer the mattes). I got Creamsicle. I think that I would think this was better if the name was not "Lip Butter". I know these are not supposed to be a heavy duty lip moisturizer, but rather a tinted lipbalm, but I feel like I have lipsticks more moisturizing than these, and these have less pigmentation. I will put them on, and it will not feel silky or smooth, then in 10 minutes my lips will be cracked again. I will probably buy again for the packaging, and for on the go lip color.. but I will use this as a sheer lipstick, not using it for moisture, because this product DOES NOT deliver.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by underthepink3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Count me in, guys. I'm in love. It's times like these I am so greatful that we have places like makeupalley and youtube to find out about great products like these from real people. Before the age of the makeup communitys and being connected to all you kick ass people all I had to rely on for product recs was the magazines, which of course just promote their sponsor's products. Maybelline Great Lash anyone? (I still want to know how in the actual f that mascara manages to keep winning awards but I digress.)
I'm greatful to have heard of these little drugstore gems at a time when my car was in the shop and I wasn't going to be able to take advantage of Sephora's F&F sale for the second year in a row. I was bumming, guys. Then, I kept hearing buzz about these new Revlon Lip Butters and decided to investigate. I probably looked up every review and and gazed upon every swatch on the internet. It was love at first sight. Out with feeling sorry for myself and in with my new obsession. An affordable, obtainable obsession. I needed to own these. I needed to rub them on my lips. I needed to calm down, my husband said. Lucky for me, I have a Rite Aid within walking distance and a few dollars in UP rewards to spend. I picked up 2, Candy Apple and Peach Parfait, fell in love and went back the next day for 4 more. They retail for 7.49 here in California but rang up as 6.74 with my wellness card. This week Rite Aid is printing out $4 UP rewards when you purchase $10 of Revlon's lip, nail or beauty tools, with a limit of 4 per card. I estimate that with the discounts and UP rewards all 6 cost me around 27 dollars, but with my initial UP rewards it came out to around 17, so happy about that. The four I picked up yesterday where Berry Smoothie, Red Velvet, Creme Brulee, and Sweet Tart. Candy Apple is this shimmerless beautiful warm orange-red. I'm NC20 and it is very flattering. I wore it for halloween and I can see myself wearing it alot for the upcoming holidays. (groan, I know, sorry) Peach Parfait is a gorgeous peachy pink and would be absolutely perfect if it didn't have the shimmer. Now, the shimmer is subtle and not a chunky glittery kind thankfully, it won't migrate to your chin and cheeks or anything so I don't mind it as much but I do prefer the shimmerless formula more. I just feel like it is smoother and more moisturizing feeling. The shimmers don't feel gritty or anything, I just find it to be a bit thicker and less slick. I originaly picked up the Strawberry Shortcake but put it back for Berry Smoothie and am so glad that I did. Berry Smoothie is definitely in my top three. It's a sheer medium berry pink and the shimmer in this one is actualy quite beautiful. I've already been reaching for this over all of the others. Red Velvet is a dark vampy brick red, but thanks to the light awesome formula that is the lip butters,
it is very wearble. One or two swipes will do ya for this one, but you can build it up to achieve a more vampy look. Great shade for the fall and winter. I can see this one looking great on almost anyone. Creme Brulee is a light very sheer beige with shimmer. I picked up Creme Brulee against my better judgment because I kept hearing about how it's a definite MLBB must. As I feared, It washed me out. Not a huge fan but I've been playing with it and it looks alot better mixed with the other lip butters, but honestly, I can't see myself hasseling with that too much. I applied it over smashbox's lipliner in pro and with the added pink it then looked like a suitable MLBB without giving me corpse lips. Or even worse, shimmery corpse lips. Last but not least, Sweet Tart is a warm medium sort of barbie pink but again due to the sheerness it is very wearble and flattering. While these are sheer, they definitely are very pigmented and buildable to a point. I love that you can quickly swipe them on without a mirror. I love that the foody names correlate with the shade, but not with any scent or flavor. Revlon really stepped up their game with these! The hype is real. I'm excited to collect more shades.

8 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by breakfastattiffanys11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love lipstick/lipbalm hybrids, and this one does not dissapoint. I bough Strawberry Shortcake and Pink Truffle. Strawberry Shortcake is a soft, baby pink and Pink Truffle is a pinkish,brownish,berryish...if that makes any sense!

When I first got these I was not so crazy about them. However, this was my own fault. Do not apply these like you would a lipbalm or chapstick. I tend to fully coat my lips with balms and chapstick. I also have Maybelline's Babylips and those are not quite as pigmented, so I'm used to being able to coat my lips. With these you want to apply a little bit more softly, apply it like a lipstick. I layed on Strawberry Shortcake and it looked tacky, bright, pale pink! However when I put it on with a gentler hand it came out gorgeous!

These are nicely pigmented and not as drying as regular lipsticks. I can't wait to try some of the other colors.