October 22, 2014 | 1821 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2011 1:55:00 AM More reviews by justwishin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow...this stuff is WAY overrated. I bought it thinking it would be rich and buttery. But it's kinda thin and Vasiline-y, like a cheap liquid lipbalm (think Blistex in the squeeze tube). I've noticed that some lip products, due to formula alone, make my lips look either fuller or (ugh) smaller. It has to do with whatever emollients are used. Some formulas just kind of plump your lips. But this formula makes my lips look SMALLER. It's like the outline of my lips actually seems to shrink in a little. I've had it happen with a few other products and I'm sad it happened with this. To get a good look, I'd need a lipliner and gloss and that kind of defeats the purpose of this product. Since this made my lips look worse, I can't really recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by westside

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I'm so iffy about this product, considering I love Revlon. In the last two weeks I've bought nearly every shade. There are some nicely pigmented shades like red velvet and shimmery ones like the peach one. But at least six colors barely show up. Sure, they're moisturizing, but so are the regular colorburst lipsticks from Revlon. I don't like the flat top bullet of the actual lipstick either because it's messier to apply, esp since I don't have Angelina's poufy lips. While the packaging is cute, the cap is so hard to remove sometimes. With all the sales and coupons I may purchase more if a new color comes out, but I'd much rather stick to the Super Lustrous classic line from Revlon.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by mmmMarilyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh, you know. Just the best thing in the entire history of the world.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Tlee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Everyone's raving about the Fig Jam and Pink Truffle, but I LOVE the Sugar Plum. The perfect rich&juicy MLBB shade. No brown. I'll go with Berry Smoothie next Spring, but for now I am set.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by productmomma

I got this in Peach Parfait and love it. Very moisturizing, but not greasy or waxy. Really flattering color. A keeper!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by rachelclay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love these! Sheer to buildable color. Not too thick or sticky. Decently moisturizing. Candy apple is a perfect red.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Kexner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Been lemming these ever since I heard about them. Finally found them at Target last night and was freakishly excited! Bought Sugar Plum, because I look like death with pale lips and absolutely love it! Creamy, shiny but doesn't scream LIPGLOSS. Staying power isn't great, but I wasn't expecting to, it's a balm/butter, not a long-lasting lipstick (which have been drying my lips out horribly lately) Can't wait till I find a bogo somewhere to pick up a couple more (or at least a backup one for my desk drawer at work)

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by DrMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I went looking for these lip butters b/c I was excited that there was a "gloss stick" in the drugstore. I am a lip gloss junkie but I'm getting too old for it and have been trying to get into lipsticks. FYI - I Iove the sheen supremes that MAC came out with, which replaced the slim shines. Anyway, I finally found these at Rite Aid, and my first thought was would it kill people to not test it on their hands? The only ones left were colors that only had 1 left and obviously had been swatched. I picked up 2 colors - peach parfait and pink truffle. I love YLBB shades and this hits the spot! The peach parfait is a YLBB shimmer/sparkle color and the pink truffle is a slightly darker YLBB without any shimmer. Both have shine of a gloss. I ended up sanitizing these before using them b/c I could tell one of them had been swatched in the store. They are moisturizing but do not have the rich moisturization of the sheen supremes. They also don't give you much product which was obvious when I swiveled up the lipsticks while sanitizing them. Overall, great job Revlon, they are kinda expensive ($7.50 for 0.09 oz product), and good colors. I see myself buying more of these!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by cnd0020

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I found a nearly empty display of these and was sad that Sugar Plum and Peach Parfait were already taken. I settled for Pink Truffle and I'm SO glad I did! It's a beautiful pinky brown and is very flattering and classy looking on my NC20 skin. Instant HG from the line, no question. I love how you can build up the color, too. I'll definitely keep an eye on these, as I hear they're becoming a part of the permanent Revlon collection in a few months.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

Edit; have been wearing a few days now and like these even more. The shape reminds me of those old CG lip glosses in similar form. I always liked those too. NOTE, these feel a bit hard/dry at first, meaning first few times. But it seems thats just the top layer and if you just apply a few more times with slight pressure, its creamy and moisturizing underneath. I have very dry lips and this is comforting to wear.

Original post;I just got these today, one for my mother and one for myself. I am really a lipgoss gal but liked the idea of the shine of a gloss w/ a lipstick type application. The one I got myself is "Sugar Frosting," a somewhat iridescent, light, glossy, sheer, pink. I have looked for a shade like this in a gloss for ages. Neutral, flattering, pretty, shiny, swipe n go, no mirror needed. Makes lips look nice and full, and lets you wear a pinkish hue without the commitment of a lipstick that might require lip liner, or precision application using a lip brush. The consistency is more like a non-waxy lip balm, than either gloss or lipstick. There is a good deal of shine though the formulation is much thinner and more sheer than a gloss. I plan to get a few more, nice moisturizing feel.