October 31, 2014 | 1181 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2007 2:45:00 PM More reviews by waimingsiu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

oh man, it took me about 2 months to work up the nerve to use this b/c i was having trouble getting over the "oil" part (fyi, i have normal to oily skin). but it's good to remember that it's not really an oil but a wax. now that i've tried it (twice a day mixed in with my cleanser), i absolutely canNOT live without it! now i can use any kind of cleanser (foam, creamy, liquid, etc.) with the jojoba oil and my skin is great! love it =) i usually just put 3-4 drops and mix it with the cleanser and a little bit of water to create a light foam. i did, however, try it on my hair but didn't notice much of a difference. still, i'd recommend it to anyone!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2007 3:26:00 PM More reviews by rdesai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Do not use if you already have nice skin!!!! I woke up with all of these white heads in the morning and my complexion is normally blemish free. I read reviews thinking that this oil would keep my skin soft but instead it clogged my pores. I need to stick with Oil of Olay!!! Never again! I'm giving this crap back.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2007 2:11:00 PM More reviews by sophiesmom

I love this product! It is a great multipurpose moisturizer.

I love natural products and I am trying to switch to more natural products. This one is a winner.

I use it to shave my legs (be sure to clean the razor often while shaving.), moisturize my skin after my shower, I use it as a facial moisturizer at night, I add it to other moisturizers to rev them up a bit. I love it as a hair oil also. This is a fabulous product and it is organic. It is tops in my book.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2007 1:27:00 PM More reviews by CraxFactor

I don't like to moisturize because my skin is so oily anyway. At night I use two drops of this after an aspirin mask and using a wet washcloth. It keeps my face from getting that tight, dry feeling. More than two drops turns me into a complete greaseball again though. Powerful stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2007 8:17:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a review for organic jojoba oil generally. I had been using AHAs on my face and although they worked very well to control and heal pimples and scarring, I was after something that wasn't so high-maintenance. (Did I also mention I am a chronic picker?!) I have combo skin which is oilier in summer and drier in winter and as previously mentioned I have the odd pimple and scar very easily on my face. Jojoba oil fit the bill so far as what I was looking for in a moisturiser and it had the added benefit of being a good ingredient to put in my homemade cleansing oil. I apply jojoba oil after cleansing and misting my face with orange flower water and I mix it with a drop each of calendula oil and German chamomile oil to help with scarring and redness. So far it seems to be working quite well (I've only been doing it for a week). My skin looks hydrated and healthy, the small pimples I have are healing faster than usual, and I even think my old scars have faded a smidgen and my blackheads have diminished. My chin, usually the worst offender when it comes to massive hormonal pimples and general congestion, looks clear- those tiny under the skin bumps that you can only see when you stretch the skin out seem to have vanished. Some of this may also be attributable to the oil cleansing method, which I started at the same time as the jojoba oil. Jojoba oil also makes a good base for makeup. It's relatively cheap (compared to how much I would spend on different moisturisers etc) and easy to obtain. It absorbs very quickly- about five minutes and it's sunk in completely. I'll update this later but I hope that my good results continue. UPDATE JULY 2007: Still good! My skin has totally balanced out and is finally normal (it hasn't been normal since puberty, a good 15 years ago). I don't know whether it was the jojoba or the oil cleansing method that helped (probably both) but I'm really happy. I should also mention that I haven't had any huge under-the-skin pimples since starting this regime, whereas before I'd get one or two at that time of the month.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2007 2:45:00 PM More reviews by FunnyValentine

This seems to be the best all-natural way to moisturizer skin. It's greasy because it's an oil, so it's not cosmetically elegant, but a light coating of it at night really helps moisturize the skin.
Also, I read it's good for the scalp, to leave on for a while before washing your hair--supposedly it helps control sebum, which, when overproduced, can block hair follicles. I read on acne.org that because it's like the skin's own oils, it also helps control oil production on the skin's surface. So far, I haven't experienced that, but I'm waiting hopefully!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2007 5:40:00 PM More reviews by lunepremie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the only thing that is saving my sensitive eczema-prone skin, which reacted in some way to every other moisturizer I have tried before. It doesn't break me out and in fact, seems to help with combatting acne, makes the skin on my face less oily, calms the redness, and is very moisturizing. I heard other people use olive oil and sesame oil with the same results, but I personally find them too heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2007 1:20:00 PM More reviews by arlington2007

I have oily, combination skin and have been using this product for the past few nights, it does a great job of softening my face and it seems to be working on my fine lines too. It doesn't cause increased oiliness, doesn't even feel greasy and hasn't made me breakout. It's reasonably priced, packaging is just ok, I wish the cap was made to prevent oily leakage. Overall, happy with this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2007 11:25:00 AM More reviews by mauwong

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Find it too oily for face but works great on hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2007 9:22:00 AM More reviews by ajb1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

I have combo skin: flakes on my forehead and crater pores on my nose. I was really scared the jojoba would break me out but so far it seems to be doing a nice job of keeping me in balance. In fact, my skin looks nicer than it has in a long time. I am delighted with the lack of chemicals.