November 28, 2014 | 1847 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2007 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Jessie39

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very sensitive skin/rosacea that reacts to everything. Jojoba oil is the only moisturizer I've tried that doesn't trigger a breakout. Unlike some of the other reviewers, however, I can't use it as a makeup remover--It manages to get into my eyes and creates a film.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2007 5:27:00 PM More reviews by shyviolet

This is a huge staple for me. I do not leave this on my face as a moisturizer, though I do use it on my body. I mix it with all of my Victorias Secret and other lotions that are too thin on their own to do any real moisturizing. I massage it on my face to remove my makeup (it takes off eye makeup better than anything I have used), then use cetaphil without rinsing off the oil first. I also massage this into my nails for instant shine. This is like a frizz control serum for the hair, I just smooth it on my hair after it is dry. I'll also massage some in before I wash my hair, kind of like a hot oil treatment. And on a side note, I am also using it to polish the wood in my home ( I have a toddler who occasionally tries to chew on tables, so it is great to use instead of the toxic wood cleaners). A great product with multiple uses.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2007 3:03:00 PM More reviews by circe1202

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I read how others were using this as a moisturizer, so I thought I would give it a try. I have been using it alone after cleansing at night, and mixed in with moisturizer during the day, and I am so pleased with the results! My typically dry skin seems brighter, softer, and less ruddy after about two weeks. Additionally, I think it has helped to soothe the mild rosacea that I have been unsuccessfully treating with prescription gel, making it appear almost invisible. As a result, I have a newfound respect for basic organic ingredients as effective skincare-- I don't know that I will ever return to department store brands and their prices after this!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2007 10:48:00 PM More reviews by minanmi

I'm torn on this. I really wanted to love this, but ultimately, I've come to conclude that this miracle product doesn't work for me. I faithfully mixed it into my facewash for 2 months --- pimples. I used it as deep cleaning mask --- pimples. I put it in my shampoo --- oily hair.

When it's really dry, I'll use this alone on my face as a moisturizer to mix things up. I use it on my body which works well, but just about as well as mineral oil, which is lots cheaper and easier to find. I do use it also as an eyemakeup remover, but I've stopped wearing difficult eyemakeup, so I don't really need it anymore.

Won't buy again, but at least I tried!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2007 2:45:00 PM More reviews by waimingsiu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

oh man, it took me about 2 months to work up the nerve to use this b/c i was having trouble getting over the "oil" part (fyi, i have normal to oily skin). but it's good to remember that it's not really an oil but a wax. now that i've tried it (twice a day mixed in with my cleanser), i absolutely canNOT live without it! now i can use any kind of cleanser (foam, creamy, liquid, etc.) with the jojoba oil and my skin is great! love it =) i usually just put 3-4 drops and mix it with the cleanser and a little bit of water to create a light foam. i did, however, try it on my hair but didn't notice much of a difference. still, i'd recommend it to anyone!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2007 3:26:00 PM More reviews by rdesai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Do not use if you already have nice skin!!!! I woke up with all of these white heads in the morning and my complexion is normally blemish free. I read reviews thinking that this oil would keep my skin soft but instead it clogged my pores. I need to stick with Oil of Olay!!! Never again! I'm giving this crap back.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2007 2:11:00 PM More reviews by sophiesmom

I love this product! It is a great multipurpose moisturizer.

I love natural products and I am trying to switch to more natural products. This one is a winner.

I use it to shave my legs (be sure to clean the razor often while shaving.), moisturize my skin after my shower, I use it as a facial moisturizer at night, I add it to other moisturizers to rev them up a bit. I love it as a hair oil also. This is a fabulous product and it is organic. It is tops in my book.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2007 1:27:00 PM More reviews by CraxFactor

I don't like to moisturize because my skin is so oily anyway. At night I use two drops of this after an aspirin mask and using a wet washcloth. It keeps my face from getting that tight, dry feeling. More than two drops turns me into a complete greaseball again though. Powerful stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2007 8:17:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a review for organic jojoba oil generally. I had been using AHAs on my face and although they worked very well to control and heal pimples and scarring, I was after something that wasn't so high-maintenance. (Did I also mention I am a chronic picker?!) I have combo skin which is oilier in summer and drier in winter and as previously mentioned I have the odd pimple and scar very easily on my face. Jojoba oil fit the bill so far as what I was looking for in a moisturiser and it had the added benefit of being a good ingredient to put in my homemade cleansing oil. I apply jojoba oil after cleansing and misting my face with orange flower water and I mix it with a drop each of calendula oil and German chamomile oil to help with scarring and redness. So far it seems to be working quite well (I've only been doing it for a week). My skin looks hydrated and healthy, the small pimples I have are healing faster than usual, and I even think my old scars have faded a smidgen and my blackheads have diminished. My chin, usually the worst offender when it comes to massive hormonal pimples and general congestion, looks clear- those tiny under the skin bumps that you can only see when you stretch the skin out seem to have vanished. Some of this may also be attributable to the oil cleansing method, which I started at the same time as the jojoba oil. Jojoba oil also makes a good base for makeup. It's relatively cheap (compared to how much I would spend on different moisturisers etc) and easy to obtain. It absorbs very quickly- about five minutes and it's sunk in completely. I'll update this later but I hope that my good results continue. UPDATE JULY 2007: Still good! My skin has totally balanced out and is finally normal (it hasn't been normal since puberty, a good 15 years ago). I don't know whether it was the jojoba or the oil cleansing method that helped (probably both) but I'm really happy. I should also mention that I haven't had any huge under-the-skin pimples since starting this regime, whereas before I'd get one or two at that time of the month.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2007 2:45:00 PM More reviews by FunnyValentine

This seems to be the best all-natural way to moisturizer skin. It's greasy because it's an oil, so it's not cosmetically elegant, but a light coating of it at night really helps moisturize the skin.
Also, I read it's good for the scalp, to leave on for a while before washing your hair--supposedly it helps control sebum, which, when overproduced, can block hair follicles. I read on acne.org that because it's like the skin's own oils, it also helps control oil production on the skin's surface. So far, I haven't experienced that, but I'm waiting hopefully!