July 31, 2014 | 1681 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2007 1:20:00 PM More reviews by arlington2007

I have oily, combination skin and have been using this product for the past few nights, it does a great job of softening my face and it seems to be working on my fine lines too. It doesn't cause increased oiliness, doesn't even feel greasy and hasn't made me breakout. It's reasonably priced, packaging is just ok, I wish the cap was made to prevent oily leakage. Overall, happy with this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2007 11:25:00 AM More reviews by mauwong

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Find it too oily for face but works great on hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2007 9:22:00 AM More reviews by ajb1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

I have combo skin: flakes on my forehead and crater pores on my nose. I was really scared the jojoba would break me out but so far it seems to be doing a nice job of keeping me in balance. In fact, my skin looks nicer than it has in a long time. I am delighted with the lack of chemicals.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2007 8:51:00 AM More reviews by onthemove

I am a jojoba oil convert. It really is a multi-purpose product for hair, face, body! I have been using Desert Essence's version and it has really helped with my dry skin particularly my body. I mix a little with my regular body lotions and my skin feels soft and smooth. Great after shaving your legs. For my face, I add a tiny amount to my moisturizer and the dry patches disappear. I was a little skeptical about an oil going anywhere near my face but apparently jojoba is similar to skin's sebum. I have used it in my hair, pre-wash and as a scalp massage. Wonderful product! Update: I just cannot use this on my face because it has been going haywire lately. I still love this product but for my body only.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2007 8:52:00 AM More reviews by ladiihpnotiiq

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted so badly to love Jojoba Oil. I had finally perfected every other aspect in my skincare regime with the only missing element being a lovely, natural moisturiser.

I bought pure Jojoba Oil in a spray/pump bottle from my local pharmacy, ready to start my all natural regime.

For the first week my combo skin was lapping it up. I would cleanse with AOBS, tone with Rose Water and whilst still wet from the toner, spray a tiny amount of Jojoba Oil into my palm and massage thoroughly into my skin. My skin would be slightly oily, but soft and glowy aswell.

One morning I woke up and almost every single pore of mine in my t-zone was clogged, red and bumpy. Having never had a problem with any product before, with my skin being opposite to sensitvie, I was in shock. I had never had a breakout from a product and never had experienced clogged pores so this really dealt to my self-esteem.

I bought Herbalism cleanser and Celestial moisturiser from LUSH and dealt to my skin with those combined with AHA and BHA gel. After a week of that, my skin was back to normal.

Needless to say, I will not be trying Jojoba Oil on my face again.

I must admit, as a hair and cuticle treatment, it's wonderful. It's also cheap and natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2007 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Thena

The best moisturizer I have. I use and have Olay, pure aloe vera and 100% shea butter too, but this is the one that my combo face loves the most. A couple of drops, and my face is cleansed, smooth and flake free. I like using it on my oily areas such as my nose, and I love using it on my eye area as it seems to relax the skin around there as it absorbs quickly. I've had no reaction, but then again, I don't use it so much because it is expensive for the small amount ($15 CAD). The packaging is not the best, but this really is the best natural moisturizer. HG for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2007 12:03:00 PM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, I was quite skeptical about putting an oil (or wax, as jojoba oil technically is) on your face and not have it suffocate and break out, but after reading the reviews here and doing lots of on-line research I decided to try it. I bought this at Loblaws in the Organic section for $15 Cdn for 4 oz (120 ml). My skin is dry but breaks out easily and frequently, pores are very easily clogged. I'd like to get pregnant soon so I've stopped using AHA's and BHA's (my skin loves those!!!) as they are not to be used by pregnant women, and I'd like to stay away from parabens as well. Well, I must say I'm really impressed with this stuff. I've used 4-5 drops every morning and evening after cleansing and my skin has had no reactions at all so far! My skin is smooth and decently hydrated. (If it was winter, maybe I'd need to use more, especially around the eyes.) It's not greasy, it's unscented and the price is right considering you only need a few drops at a time. The blackheads on my nose and chin are getting better too! Hey, go figure. For some people this stuff gives a reaction, but for me, I seem fine so far. It doesn't 'sink in' to the skin the way creams do, nor does it leave a dry, matte finish the way silicone-based gels do. It leaves a slight film on the skin but that dissipates after 15 or 20 minutes. My acne is slightly better, too. I tried both almond and olive oil as facial moisturizers before and I had acne flare-ups and seriously clogged pores from those! The almond oil I'm now using exclusively as a body moisturizer (terrific for that!). Jojoba oil rates a 0 on the comedogenic scale, whereas almond, olive and grapeseed oils rate a 2 (out of 5). I hope this review helps someone. Thanks to everyone who reviewed this before, I'm really pleased I found this! *BTW - as a makeup remover, this stuff isn't so great. It just smears it around and too much is needed, making it a very expensive makeup remover! **UPDATE** This stuff is liquid gold, I swear! After a few days my blackheads and clogged pores are almost completely gone. The fine lines around my eyes are diminishing. I'm gobsmacked. I don't understand it, but I'm not complaining! (I did get 2 cystic pimples likely as a 'purge' but they cleared up fast. It's a small price to pay in the short term for having terrific skin - finally!)

32 out of 32 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2007 5:08:00 PM More reviews by teddygurl87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The packing is not so good since it's really hard to just get a few drops. Other than that, the product is fantastic. I've been using it on my face for the past two week after I shower. It's not greasy and my skin feels really soft. Not to mention my skin is starting to look really nice too. My roommate even commented that my skin now has this natural glow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2007 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I guess another rave for this product is just superfluous, but I have to sing its praises. Just as others have said - it's an all-natural, economical mutli-tasker. I apply this to damp skin after showering (especially great after shaving); I use it as a make-up remover (gets rid of all traces of even the most stubbon eyeliners and mascaras); I use it on my face (even though I have oily skin, I've NEVER had a breakout from this); and I apply it to dry hair before bed as a deep-treatment - washes out easily in the morning (I'm a curly-head who does the popular CO routine - I don't need a harsh or lathering shampoo to remove the jojoba oil).
This product is a staple for me. If you haven't already try it, you must - it's amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2007 8:55:00 PM More reviews by abbyabrams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What an amazing product! Excellent as a light moisturizer, makeup remover (especially eye makeup), hair treatment, bath additive, I even use it on my baby. So gentle and cheap! I wish I would have discovered this when I was back in high school and destroying my skin with all types of cleansers, irritating moisturizers, drying pimple creams, ugh. This one (along with Dove bar soap) will be part of my beauty regimen for LIFE! Simpler really is better.