November 26, 2014 | 1726 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by CSR

I am really liking this foundation. I have tried many long wearing foundations, and few are really long wearing for me. Most last 4 hours at best - EL DW lasted a little longer but was very drying. MAC Pro Longwear, however, is everything it claims. I find it to be very natural looking even in sunlight (EL DW was very heavy in sunlight). It really last all day - I really have to wash at night to get it all off. It is light on the skin, but covers pretty well. So far, it has not dried my face out. At first the SA typed me as NC20, and though okay, was a little too yellow. I exchanged it for NW20 which has the pink undertone that I need. I was afraid it was going to be too dark, but a single layer of the NW20 matches my skin pretty good. I just use the concealer to cover the hyperpigmentation. During the winter I may have to try the NC15 - I have the concealer in this color and it seems to have less yellow than the NC20 did. Either way, I will definately be buying this foundation again.
****EDIT***I still think this is a good foundation for someone who needs light to medium coverage. I have found, however, that I like the concealer a lot better, which is more a like a full coverage foundation. I focus on the sun damage on my skin and smooth it out over the rest of my face. Half a pump is all I need. I will save the foundation for days that I don't need as much coverage. Overall a good buy and would recommend to anybody looking for a light weight medium coverage foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by butterflylcsw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation is surprisingly good, as I haven't really liked MAC foundations til now. It's not the easiest foundation to use, and I've noticed that it doesn't look that great at first...but after it 'sets,' it's great. I use a 190 brush, then I buff on some Mineralized Skin Finish Natural in and woolah! it's beautiful. Stays on all day. Color seems too yellow at first (NC30), but then sets into a perfect shade. ****this does seem to oxidize. For me it oxidizes to the right shade, so keep that in mind as your choosing a shade!

UPDATE: My skin began looking awful, clogged pores, red splotchy areas...I didn't think it was the foundation, but yesterday I used BE instead and my skin immediately began to clear up. Today, it looks almost back to normal. I must be allergic to something in this. I'm very sad, as I really do love this foundation.

Another update: my clogged pores weren't from this foundation. I've tried several others since, and have come back to this one. I also love Lancome Teint Miracle, but it was melting off a little this summer. This foundation really is great. I'm loving it this summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by katy24

This is great if U have normal to dry skin.I have NC25(which has a more yellow undertone than NW).I always use a primer-Studio Secrets through the t-zone,Laura Mercier regular primer for the rest of the face.when this is dry after a few minutes,I use the 130 stippling brush(HG!!) with 2 pumps of foundation.ProLongwear stays fresh -looking until it is removed.Another huge plus is that it has no fragrance like Revlon Colostay.Overall, I really love this one!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by TiaR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

COLOR: NC30: A little orange on me. Darker than usual. NC25 is too light. Thus the colour match isn't here for me. LASTING POWER: ...It was there by the end of the day, just in patches. It was gross, sorry guys, in my pores...honestly my skin looked just godawful. I'm really oily. Used Maybelline dream matte powder. (this was 12 hours later, had to powder throughout the day.) VS REVLON COLORSTAY: Wore colorstay the day after and it wasn't patchy. Colorstay wins. Bleh I duno, this didn't work for me at all. Felt heavy, looked fake. Applied with sponge.

10 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

If you like MAC liquid foundations you will like this one, if you like EL doublewear foundations u will like this one too (most probably! :)) if you like them both you will LOVE this foundation. I personally am not a fan of mac liquid foundations or EL's doublewear range and bought this out of curiousity when waiting for a friend the other day. I am light olive skinned and my skin is pretty much ok but with the odd red blemish here and there (after going to bed late with all my make up on a few times recently!) My HG is LM silk creme as i like a creamy foundation that gives a slightly dewy look. So, back to this foundation...it's 'ok' but i wouldnt re purchase. I use LM foundation in hazelnut beige a nice light tan shade, with mac i have problems the nw range is a little on the red-ish or pink side and the nc range tends to be very yellow. I got it in nc35 in the end and i overall its a good shade not orange, not too yellow. It goes on quite sheer which is somewhat suprising but you can use more foundation, and layer it, as long as you blend in well it wont leave a mask or look cakey. It does dry quickly though so if u want to ayer best to do it when the first layer is still damp on your skin afterwards will be harder and will look more obvious u are wearing foundation. It lasted all day, it did get a little blotchy and patchy on my forehead near my hair line mid day but overall looked very good. It seemed to also control my oily t zone a lot better than the LM foundation. After applying this in my bedroom once i was outside i got my mirror out and it looked VERY good, very natural much more so than my LM...It actually is EXTREMELY similar to EL doublewear sheer or light (cant remember the exact name now but the lighter version of the original doublewear) CONS and why i wont be repurchasing: I didnt find it very easy to apply, you have to blend quickly as it dried quickly...colours are so so but if u have a problem with mac shades u will have a problem finding a great match with this...and most importanly i like a slight glow, and this is a normal matte foundation that leaves my skin a little dull looking. After the initial application is dried its hard to reapply over it, so when i felt around 6pm i could do with touching it up slightly (it wasnt really needed but i was meeting a friend in a nice restaurant) it was hard, couldnt blend it in properly but like i said if u love the usual long lasting foundations u will love this, oh and if u have very dry skin i would not rec it, or even just dry skin...moisturise very very well first if u do go ahead and buy it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2010 12:12:00 PM More reviews by joeyemma

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference, I am NC20 and wear Estee Lauder Double Wear in 1N1 Ecru, Revlon Colorstay in Buff, Max Factor Miracle Touch in 040. I have combination skin, but dry patches are relatively under control, and oily parts are not excessively oily. Now on to the review....

I got a sample of this that has been enough to last me 3-4 days. I got a sample in NC20 and the first thing I noticed, that this had more yellow in it than other MAC foundations, eg Studion Fix Fluid. I am more neutral leaning and found the undertone too yellow. I did notice that this does come in a pump bottle, which I always like, as it allows for easy dispensing, avoids wastage and is more hygienic.

I have tried 3 methods of application- fingers, Sephora 55 foundation brush and Sonia Kashuk knock off of the Beauty Blender sponge. Of the three, I found the brush application gave the most even coverage. It gives a medium coverage, which is build-able, and unlike EL DW and Revlon Colourstay, the finish is slightly glowy, but without the glitter of Photoready.

This foundation claims to last all day, and I appear to be in the minority, as it definitely does not last all day on me. I am not excessively oily, and I don't do loads of exercise, so its not as if I could have sweated it all off. Removing it at the end of the day, there is very little left. Of all the Longwear foundations, I have tried, this is definitely the least long lasting.

Ultimately, I would not buy again, as it is not long wearing like it claims to be, and the undertone is far too yellow for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by lucygrace88

This foundation really is one of the best that I have used. I am a BIG lover of Mac Cosmetics and swear by the Studio Fix Fluid Foundation. However, I always felt by the end of the day it had worn off making my face look awful! But this really lasts ! I would say its the same sort of coverage as SFF but the staying power is magnificent! Lasted a whole day at work and drinks after. I have an extremley oily t-zone and find that some foundations can slide off easily. But the specific areas didn't feel slippery or over oily. Fantastic product well worth the £22.00. Not bad at all for such a high quality product. Will definatley purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by ns4487

Ok, this is a freakin' great foundation. Coverage is medium - full depending on how you layer it; it is easy to blend; sets really well and looks natural. It would be my new HG, and is the best foundation I have ever used. BUT...the colours *sigh* i am NC15 in every other MAC foundation, and NC15 in this one is slightly pinker, which means it doesnt really match me *BUT* it doesnt look different enough for me not to try and make it work. Next time I will blend all the way down my neck and see if this makes a difference. If this foundation matched me perfectly, i would use it forever! (btw, there are no lighter colours). so, highly recommended, but be careful with the colours. Other than that, for my red, acne scarred uneven skintone, this foundation is awesome ( $54 AUD but will last forever). A+++++

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by htaylorrn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this foundation. Looks great after 10 hours! Set it with prep + prime and iit looked great! Think I have found my HG foundation!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by gracesagrero

I love this foundation , I think I found my HG .Edit this foundation broke me out like crazy and made me look orange after a while.