MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

on 10/6/2010 10:06:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

So happy to have trusted MUA once again. This truly longwear foundation is incredibly easy to blend in, you hardly need to take care. It keeps my T-zone naturally matte without looking mask-like. I admit I have had a couple of spots on my forehead which is unusual and it's this product I attribute it to. Nevertheless it's so excellent otherwise, I'm prepared to deal with the occasional blocked pore.

on 10/5/2010 7:27:00 PM

I have finally found my HG foundation for combination skin with EXTREMELY oily T-zone.

I have tried so many foundations, including, Chanel Mat Lumiere, Dior Forever, Nars Sheer Matte, Revlon Colourstay, MUFE Matte Velvet etc.

This foundation has a finish that can be made sheer or built up to a more full coverage. It is also a satin finish which I love! I like to apply it with my MAC 188 brush, however I LOVE applying it with my Sigma flat top kabuki. My face looks flawless.

I put it on at 7 am and I don't have to touch up till the lunch hour. Usually I have to touch up at around 9am. When I come home around 6pm, my face still looks great! This never happens.

I typically wear NC 35 in MAC foundations, and I find that this foundation runs a little light.

on 10/5/2010 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I decided to treat myself to a trip to the MAC counter. I was in the market for foundation, concealer & powder. The 'artist' was so condescending & rude. The other 'artist' there was just as bad. I don't think I was hip enough for her - I'm a working mommy w/ a low maintenance style. I bought the products anyway, b/c I really wanted to try this foundation. She matched me incorrectly. The color was way too dark. The concealer was even darker! I didn't look at the bottles until I got home. The foundation is comparable to Revlon's Colorstay. Except not as good. By the end of day, it was blotchy, uneven & drying - yes I moisturized before applying foundation. Not a good look at all! Needless to say, I will be driving an hour to return the foundation & concealer. MAC has left a bad taste in my mouth from the customer service to their overpriced products.

on 10/5/2010 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I'm not impressed with this formula, and I can't understand why sometimes MAC gets its foundation colors right, other times it doesn't. I was not totally pleased with the color of this one on me. I'm NC44 and purchased NC45 (there is no 44 in this formula) and it just doesn't have a natural look. I'd wear EL Double Wear instead.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This foundation is alright, I loved it at first, but I think i was just excited to see a new foundation by MAC. Truth is, when I get others opinions, they mentioned it looked a lot less natural than what I was wearing before. It does go on with a thick consistency, and does not blend into the skin, kinda just sits on top. The color scale is kind of a nightmare because I am in between shades on this one. This does last all day, I will give it that, but I'd rather look more natural and for people to notice my nice skin without looking caked. It does grab on to dry patches, and also makes blushes go on splotchy since it is sitting more like a layer on top of my skin. Its a decent foundation, but not what I am after. I will go back to SU smoothing foundation or Armani lasting silk.

on 10/5/2010 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Light, yet still full coverage. I love that it covers up acne marks and my faces doesn't become a oily mess. It's so hard to find a foundation that won't slid of my face and become an oily mess. I love this.

..Stopped wearing this, I'm an NW13 and that color isn't available in the Pro Longwear. I can still wear NC15 but it takes away the natural rosy tones out of my face, making me feel just too chalky.

on 10/5/2010 2:28:00 PM

Just bought this foundation a couple days ago & I am loving it so far. It totally lives up to its hype! I have combo skin & get oily in the t-zone area. For as long as I can remember I have been looking for a foundation that doesn't look oily after a couple hours. I love Studio Fix but it gets SOO oily/shiny almost immediatly on me. I got my normal MAC foundation shade, NC 25. IMO this foundation runs a tad light, so keep that in mind when choosing a shade. It comes with a pump, which I LOVE (no contamination). It is very buildable & can be light-heavy coverage, depending on application. Now on to the best part of this foundation, it really is "longwear"! 4 hours after application, my face was not shiney. Around 5 hours it got a *little* shiney, nothing a little powder couldn't quickly fix though. It also didn't streak on me after 8+ hours of wear (Studio Fix usually will do this to me after around 5 or 6 hours). So far I am loving this foundation! Since I have only been using it for a couple days, I can't say if it cause breakouts or not, but I will update soon if it does (I hope not!).

Awesome foundation. The best that MAC has to offer. Those who don't like it just have not found the best way to apply it to themselves.
I like to use either my 187 or 130 stipling brushes from mac. You have to apply and blend quickly as it dries fast and has a bonding agent in it to bond it to your skin. I put this foundation on at 9am and at 12am it is still just as good as when I put it on. I use the prep and prime spf 50 primer underneath and strobe cream, also set with prep and prime finishing set powder. No touch ups all day. Amazing product. Worth every penny, just figure out how to apply it to yourself to have it look the way youd like.

on 10/5/2010 1:04:00 PM

No where near as good as Face & Body.

on 10/5/2010 11:55:00 AM

I went to MAC today because I was really curious for that new foundation. It was one huge disappointment.
The texture is very thick and feels heavy on my skin. It looks so fake. If you can't get full coverage with this one I don't think there's anything left.
So far it didn't break me out, but it settled into my pores and lines in a matter of minutes. It's good I tried it in the store and didn't buy it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials