September 3, 2014 | 1039 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 8:18:00 AM More reviews by lucialatina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

amazing!!!!!!!! i got it in NC40 and NW35 - i mix them to get perfect shade.
amazing coverage lasts all day - even though i have no skin flaws this just makes it look perfect and i get compliments whenever i wear it.
seems to moisturise the dry parts and control where i get slightly shiny(t-zone).
NW35 is a beautiful rich tanned colour not too pinky, and the NC40 is a very true oilve-yellow shade.
so mixed they are perfect for me.
lasted for over 18 hours on me, put on at 7 am in the morning before work and went to a club after work and got home in the small hours of the morning, still looking good! and still looked perfect and not heavy at all and keep very true to colour all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2010 4:01:00 AM More reviews by soleole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So this is what my experience has been after 2 consecutive days of wearing this fndn (which for me is usually enough to tell if I like or not)

Lasting power: I applied at 8 am and after 10/12 hrs it was still there. So it gets points for long wearing! I'm NC25 and the colour match is very good! (excellent match with the Concealer in NC20, which is FAB by the way) in daylight it looks much better, doesn't photograph very well though, I did a FOTD that I'll post later and the pic has a whitish cast, must be the SPF in it.

Application: I applied with the 130 brush, but I use the brush WET and I think that makes a huge difference with blending and finish, which was very nice, evened out skin tone, didn't look like a mask at all, blended well into skin (though you have to be quick to blend before it dries!). It doesn't look incredibly natural, but that's what TM is for! it is a fndn and it looks like fndn but in a good way. The finish is satin, matte with a sheen if that makes sense.

Coverage: medium/full but can be built to full. I used LESS than 1 pump and it covered my whole face nicely, however I do like a lighter application, I prefer to let some flaws shine through than have a mask.

Oil control: as far as oil control goes, bearing in mind I'm UBER oily, it didn't do such a good job, I'll see how it keeps performing but did have to blot the usual 3 times in 10 hrs, was oily after 3/4 hrs, if anything I felt even oilier? However I don't wear a primer, and I set with a light coat of Blot powder and I have to admit that it survived better than any other fndn the severe blotting sesh. Oil comes out on the blot sheet but no fndn in sight. Plus, when I DO start getting oily, it actually doesn't look that bad!

Break outs: I'm also very acne prone and usually liquid fndn breaks me out like instantly, this hasn't yet, but I'll have to report later on this! I'm crossing every finger available though hoping it won't break me out! However, I won't be wearing it everyday anyway cause I don't like to wear liquid that often.

Overall I really like it and even though the oil control is not great (-1 lippie) it looks very nice on and lasts forever, so a winner in my book!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by lesliexyang

I hate to be a buzz kill here but..Revlon still has this beat :/

My experience with this..I have tried applying it many different ways, stippling, sponge, foundation brush, full compact flat brush and it still came out the same way..sheer, streaky, and spotty. I had to layer this, which I do not like to do.

I went for a stroll with my son in hot humid weather and yes, this did stay on and didn't move, BUT it looked way cakey afterwards. ..and the worst is I think this is breaking me out since I never break out on my forehead.

I will most likely use this to mix in with my colorstay to get a bit more yellow color in it.

You will like this if: you don't need much coverage and want something that will stay on for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by missnat521

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this foundation. I was having issues with my other one and this seemed like it would solve my problems (face looked too shiny all day from oiliness - kept having to powder, makeup would transfer to my clothes, would come off quickly). This foundation stays put, does not look heavy, makes skin look even, doesn't transfer, and seems to control the oil. In the morning, I put this on, followed by the Pro Longwear concealer, and finish with the Select Sheer powder (using the 129 brush - not the one it comes with). If I do see any shine, I just use blot powder and it looks great.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by tiggerflwr2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I guess I will be the voice of dissent that doesn't like this foundation! I had high hopes after reading the reviews. My skin is very oily and most foundations melt off my face. I have to go with longwearing ones. I used to use EL DW and DM but have been using Revlon Colorstay for years. It has been my favorite but wished it lasted a little longer. So I thought I'd check Pro longwear out. First, I wasn't happy with the colors. I'm normally NC20, but it seemed to yellow. I was given a sample for NC15 based on their recs. But it was too pale for me and made me look sickly.

As far as coverage, it looked nice going on. But within an hour or so I noticed that it had sunken into the pores of my cheeks near my nose. It made them look huge and gross! As the day wore on, it looked cakey around that area and pretty much completely wore off my nose.

Overall the lasting power was good, but it looked way too cakey. And it really accentuated my pores. I went back to my colorstay today and it minimizes my pores and looks 100 times better. Maybe longwear would look better with a primer, but I don't need one with CS and CS is much cheaper. So I'll be sticking with that!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by dahoodmodel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After wearing my HG SFF on and off for four years I've finally found a foundation I'm willing to give up sff for! I wear a nc 50 in most mac foundation and nc 50 works in this one too! Its sheer buildable coverage last all day! My t zone is very oily so shine does break through but after 6 or 7 hours as oppose to 2 or 3 with sff. Even when I do blot its more outta of habit then need! I agree with you ladies possibly MAC best foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 9:20:00 AM More reviews by abcd989

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The search is over! I logged onto MUA yesterday to review a moisturiser, and come accross this foundation.... I have been hunting high and low to get a dupe for my beloved Estee Lauder Doublewear foundation and concealer, as that comes in the most rubbish colours, I find I have to mix up 3 different colours to get my match, which as you can imagine becomes very pricey and time consuming, and with 2 young children I could do without that! And for reference, I hated the studio fix fluid.

So reading all your reviews, I just HAD to get it. I was sooo looking forward to putting this on thismorning, but I didn't think I'd like it as much as my DW, surely nothing could do a better job than that...... WRONG! It's a very strange foundation to describe, in the way that it goes on very sheer, it's buildable, and has a full coverage but without looking like you have a mask on. I bought NC25, and NC20 concealer, which must I say is a PERFECT match for me! I have had it on now for 6 hours, and it hasn't fallen into any of my lines under my eyes, which is my major concern with any make-up product. Yes, you can still see them, but the make-up has dried on the skin above the wrinkles, and not inside them (if that makes sense). An even better job than DW! I can run my finger accross my face and no product comes off.... Yes it does grab your dry patches, but you just have to take care of those before putting on your foundation, and to be honest, we are not going to find a foundation that stays put like this for so long, without it being slightly drying... agreed?

The finish for me is matt.... Very slight satin, and the colour is exactly the same as when I applied it thismorning, and if anything, it looks better as the day goes on as some of your own oils shine through, but without the foundation slipping off. Amazing.

I am sooo happy with my purchases I can't tell you! Do I recommend these products..... Yes! And it isn't stupidly expensive either, which just makes it even more appealing! But to be honest, I'd pay Estee Lauder prices for these any day of the week. Oh well Doublewear, looks like the love affair is over!

Good job MAC! xx

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by ilovemu88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It does what it is meant to do. The only thing I realize is you have to blend this really fast or else it will dry so fast it will be hard to blend

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Does last pretty well for a while. Lots of color choices. Medium to full coverage. Those who don't like to contaminate foundation with fingers will like that this comes in a pump. SPF. I like it applied lightly for more sheer coverage, so this could last forever cause a little goes a long, long way.

CONS: Bad in my big pores. Not good for dry patches (definitely need moisturizer first.) If you're looking for sheer and buildable, not so much. It is hard to blend...dries very fast. Oxidizes a little orangey on me.

ALTERNATES: For something very similar to this, you can see my review for Make Up For Ever's HD Foundation. For something better in big pores and wrinkles, L'oreal Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup is pretty good. For H/E and dewy (not as long-lasting as this, for sure), I absolutely adore MAC's tinted moisturizer, which is the best thing for not making my wrinkles look worse, out of 35 foundations I've tried.

APPLICATION TIPS: If you're concerned about this settling in pores, you can pat L'oreal's Magic Perfecting Base into pores first (and make sure to let it "set" for at least a minute)..

REMOVAL TIPS: If you are prone to clogging, you may want to remove this with a cleansing oil before using your regular cleanser..

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Live4Beauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I strolled into my neighborhood MAC store after I got the email that this had launched. I was really excited to have something promising to last all day. I had my makeup done when I went into the store and the makeup artist used this, along with the pro longwear concealer (which is fantastic) and my skin looked very natural, great color selection. However, upon closer examination, I thought it looked almost unnatural and kind of drying around my lips and nose. It felt pretty nice, not really oily or anything and I can't say how long it actually lasts because within two hours I had washed my face. I did end up buying it but I returned it the next day.

I bought the concealer too which is by far the best concealer I've ever used. It blends like a dream and stays put. The concealer and the foundation together though, for me, was wayyy too much. I use the concealer only where I truly need it (if i have a blemish, and undereyes) and then put my Studio Fix on top of it.

This would be great for someone looking for total coverage.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No