MAC Pro Longwear Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 4.7% Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Phenyl Methicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Laureth-7, Hexyl Laurate, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin [ /- Mica, Iron Oxides (C) 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (C) 77891, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288) [September 17, 2010]

Awesome foundation. The best that MAC has to offer. Those who don't like it just have not found the best way to apply it to themselves.
I like to use either my 187 or 130 stipling brushes from mac. You have to apply and blend quickly as it dries fast and has a bonding agent in it to bond it to your skin. I put this foundation on at 9am and at 12am it is still just as good as when I put it on. I use the prep and prime spf 50 primer underneath and strobe cream, also set with prep and prime finishing set powder. No touch ups all day. Amazing product. Worth every penny, just figure out how to apply it to yourself to have it look the way youd like.

on 10/5/2010 1:04:00 PM

No where near as good as Face & Body.

on 10/5/2010 11:55:00 AM

I went to MAC today because I was really curious for that new foundation. It was one huge disappointment.
The texture is very thick and feels heavy on my skin. It looks so fake. If you can't get full coverage with this one I don't think there's anything left.
So far it didn't break me out, but it settled into my pores and lines in a matter of minutes. It's good I tried it in the store and didn't buy it.

on 10/5/2010 9:11:00 AM

Phenomenal foundation that lives up to it's claims and the hype surrounding it. Very easy to apply and after a few trials and errors my favourite means for application are either a dampened makeup sponge/beauty blender or MAC 168 brush depending on the finish I desire. Applying it with a sponge provides me with a sheer to light coverage which I prefer for day time use and the brush gives me more of a medium to full coverage, perfect for evenings and going out. This foundation sets to a semi-matte finish, actually lasts all day without fading or oxidizing, and controls the oils in my t-zone perfectly.
For reference I can wear both NC15 and NW15 in Studio Fix Fluid and I purchased Pro Longwear in NC15. The shade is a great match and I have noticed it's less yellow in undertones compared to Studio Fix Fluid in NC15.

on 10/4/2010 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hands down, my absolute favorite foundation - from any brand! I am 43, have oily/dehydrated skin and wanted something with good coverage that lasts! This my friends is it! I have even taken a tissue to my skin 6 hours after applying it and presto - it DID NOT TRANSFER! Truly love this formula. Cant recommend it enough. Only a tiny amount is needed to cover the whole face. My friends are all hooked on it too.

on 10/4/2010 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse

This product is great. I have OILY skin and it stayed put all day! Unfortunately, MAC doesn't carry a shade that works for me. Also, the shade I did try (NC45) oxidized terribly on me and I looked like an oompa loompa after a bit.

Nevertheless, I was very impressed by the staying power of this product, so I give it four lippies.

on 10/3/2010 5:55:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

MAC foundations always seem to let me down, but I just keep trying them. I am pleased to say that my persistence has finally paid off. Pro Longwear is my HG foundation for a satin matte finish. (Diorskin Nude still holds out for a more dewy face).

I have very pale sensitive combination/dry skin. I'm using NC15. This is a perfect match for me. I think that this foundation runs a little more pale than normal. NC15 is normally slightly dark and yellow on my skin. The coverage seems moderate to me (I'm bad about this because I don't need much coverage). It sets fairly matte and stays flawless through my 10 hour work day. I've had pictures done in this foundation and am amazed by the appearance of my skin. On top of all that, it is easily available to me, not too expensive, and comes with a pump!

on 10/3/2010 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

The pro longwear is specifically for dryer skin and its a really great foundation. The coverage is not AS good as the fix fluid but it is still really great. I love mac foundation in general though. It really really is great if you have dry skin! and the pro longwear colors run LIGHTER than the studio fix fluid im an nc 20/25 in fix fluid and a nc 30 in pro longwear. Its pretty much my HG

on 10/2/2010 7:33:00 PM

I am switching from Nars sheer glow to this. I LOVED SG, however I hate the fact that I have to keep track of my shine. I can wear pro longwear for a straight 10 hours knowing that I don't have a shinny nose and forehead. I do have combination skin. My cheeks are dry, but my nose and forehead is very oily. At first, I find that I have to blot my nose after 5 hours. so I tried a different primer (switched from Josie Maran Primer Mist to MUFE HD), and I set with MAC MSFN and MUFE Super Matt loose powder on the nose area. TEN hours, my makeup looks fresh, just like how I finished in the morning. Nars Fiji/NC25 was exact match for me.

on 10/2/2010 5:55:00 PM

well..
i am a freaking makeup-junkie.i love foundations and i am always on the go to find the best.
and after reading hell alot good reviews about this new mac foundation i thought to give it a try.
Normally i dont really like MAC foundations, i do like their color range but hate the quality and finish -i broke out like crazy.
For reference i am an NC35 in Studio fix sluid, but in pro longwear i am an NC37 ..weird. I would say that the pro longwear NC colors are more orange -beige than yellow-which i do prefer.It does not give me the ashy look like SFF.
I love the semi-matt finish , i love the orange color which looks super great on my asian skintone, even my boyfriend said that my skin looks super natural (normally he hates my makeup).
I use this foundation with my beloved maybellin dream matte pressed powder ..and i dont need any touch-ups during the day.
What i dont like is that it has SPF, it does not photographs really well. i do look like a ghost on photos. Dont use it for shootings or night outs.but i can tell for sure:
This is my HG-daytime-foundation