July 25, 2014 | 1104 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by meganj327

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

HG foundation!! I have tried many different foundations, however there is always one big problem or another. This one keeps my skin from getting oily without it looking too matte or dull. NC15 was a perfect match, and a pump and half will perfectly cover my face and everything I want to cover. However, if you use too much it will look cakey.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by blackmetalmist

I really really wanted to love this product. I really did since im a fan of Studio Fix Fluid. However, i do not. My problem with this foundation is that it makes my nose pores very noticeable and it looks like i have tiny dots on my nose. Thats one of the reasons that i do not use EL Double Wear or Lancome. I hate the effect that creates. I did use a primer underneath but the effect is still there. While it does keep my face somewhat matte the oil eventually breaks through and makes me really shiny around 4 hrs later. It also gives me these weird dry patches when it starts breaking down a few hours later. Some parts turn oily some parts turn dry. I also do not like the texture of this. The formula itself is kinda heavy like colorstay. I think i will be sticking to my HG SFF.

**Update** I decided to give a few more days but now its really tearing my face up. I am breaking out and its giving me weird dry skin blotches on face. Plus it melted all over my nose and cheeks on this So Cal weather :(

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 11:45:00 AM More reviews by omegakitty

after more years than i care to say i believe i have found my HG foundation...i love everything about this..the coverage, the finish, the wear..the color match. It even makes my pores & redness less noticeable. I do get more out of a pump than i need (same thing only worse w/the concealer) but i will work on adjusting to that. I love, love, love it and i didn't even use a primer or a finishing powder. I have combo skin, some light wrinkles and loads of large pores and this makes my face look so much better..

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2010 11:33:00 AM More reviews by snickersaw943

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

To start, I have very oily skin and this stuff does stay on my face all day. However, even when I apply it correctly and use the smallest amount, it looks like makeup on my skin. The longwear concealer is an entire different story however as that looks extremely natural and looks like skin when blended. This foundation you truly do only need the smallest amout to get full coverage. I have bought foundations before because they said you need the smallest amount and I always needed a ton, but this stuff you really do only need the tiniest bit. I wanted to love this stuff and I do like it alot, but it just does not look as natural as I would like it too.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by debj314

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, first off great coverage. Pores were barely noticable. However, I am normally NW20 and this NW20 was too dark pink. In the store under their lights it looked great. When I was in the sunlight it looked like I had a mask on. You could see where the foundation ended and began. They didnt have anything lighter than NW20 so I had to return it. I was so disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by missmayra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've tried what seemed like everything -Lancome, Dior, Shu Uemura, MUFE, Mac Studio Fix Fluid, Studio Fix Powder, MAC Full Coverage, Laura Mercier, Clinique, Prescriptives, Bare Esentuals, Merle Norman, Avon, Maybelline, L'oreal, Cover FX, Studio Gear, Laura Gellar, Stila, Origins, Illuminare, Shiseido, Napolean Perdis, YSL, Cinema Secrets, Estee Lauder, Fresh, Urban Decay...you get the picture. Then this foundation was released.
First of all, MAC's Pro Longwear has excellent coverage that camouflages all but my most stubborn discolorations. For those, a little concealer does the trick.  A light dusting of powder following creates a flawless finish I didn't think my face was capable of achieving! The end result is a finish that is matte, but not dull and flat.
Then there is the color match. I have NEVER found a great matching foundation.  Most make me look dull and ashy or give me a gray/green cast.  Studio Fix Fluid has been my closest match (but I was not thrilled with the coverage and wear). I am NC37 in the winter. Right now I'm a little darker, but not enough to make the next darker shade (NC40) work. Pro Longwear runs a bit lighter, so NC40 is perfect - the best foundation match I've ever had!  It even seems to make my complexion brighter!
Lastly, the oil control and staying power is amazing!  I have oily skin, yet only need one or two touch-ups throughout the entire day!  I've been pleasantly surprised when going to retouch only to find that I don't need it!  Even looked great after a crying episode!
Although the box states that this foundation is light to medium coverage, it can easily build to a fuller coverage. It has more coverage than Studio Fix Fluid. The texture is a bit stickier, but that's probably why the staying power is so fabulous.
To me, this foundation is heaven-sent. I'm so happy that it prompted me to write my first ever review! I will never be without this makeup again. If I could, I'd marry it!  LOL...JK

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by kmelgoza

WOW! I absolutely loved this foundation! my 1st MAC purchase and i loved it! the coverage is full and lasted through a whole night out! made my skin look flawless when im in the worst breakout ever. made my skin look dewy but not oily at all. & surprisingly the next day all of my acne that was out of control, was dried out and flat (not inflammed). comes with a pump!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 7:57:00 PM More reviews by vickybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OK so here are my initial impressions! First off, this is a fantastic foundation! To me, this foundation is if MUFE HD and Mat Velvet had a baby, and then it was adopted by MAC. I'm serious! It has a nice medium texture - not watery like MUFE HD and not thick like MUFE MV or MAC Studio Sculpt. When it dries it feels light and not at all sticky feeling (I'm looking at you, Studio Sculpt!). The finish is perfect for me. Definitely not matte as there is some light reflecting properties going on, but not as reflective as MUFE HD or Studio Sculpt. I also noticed some oil control properties which I wasn't expecting, so that was a nice suprise too - though I'm pretty sure the oil control is what really makes it a Longwear and it definitely lives up to its name! I'm happy to have found a non-matte, oil-controling, longwearing foundaiton. I will update if things change as I wear this as my new daily foundation.

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

When I saw the glowing reviews on this foundation, I knew I had to try it. But I also knew that it was probably not gonna be as nice as everyone says it is. I just thought people were getting excited because this is a new foundation. Anyways, it's pretty pricy. I paid 40 Canadian dollars for the 30 ml. And I'm used to paying around the same amount but getting a lot more product for it! (mufe f&b 50 ml, Mac f&b 120ml etc...)
However, this foundation actually beats my current hg mufe f&b out of the water. It provides a medium coverage but blends like a dream, it finishes to a nice matte, satin finish and literally makes my skin look FLAWLESS and my skin is anything but flawless. (I have pretty good skin but minor imperfections like hyperpigmentation and blotchiness in random spots)
Like with most foundation, a little goes a long way, I use my fingers to just beat it into my skin and the result is perfect.
I am also really impressed with how long this stays matte/ satin. I have dry skin but have mega oily t zone (esp in between my brows) and this is holding up very well. The weather in Toronto has been pretty hot for September so it's been a true test to how well this foundation performs.
Anyways, get a sample and try it u won't regret it.

EDIT:
Ok now this is even better than I thought it was when I first got it. I just came back from a trip to Barcelona (I live in Toronto) and took this foundation with me. First off, the 12 hour flight (including a 3 hour layover) normally dries my skin out and I end up looking really hideous by the end of the plane ride. THIS FOUNDATION HELD UP AND LOOKED LIKE I HAD PERFECT SKIN THROUGH A 12 HOUR PLANE RIDE. Even a flight attendant leaned in midway through the plane ride and said "u have beautiful skin". WOW i couldnt believe it how well this foundation performed. Once I was in barcelona, it was a little hot and humid but this foundation did not melt off, my sweaty skin did not eat away at it, nor did i get super oily on my t zone (and i normally get SUPER oily on my tzones on hot and humid days). I walked around the city pretty from my morning till night and went out at night time and i didnt need to reapply my foundation or concealer anywhere. I am really really impressed and pleased with how this foundation looks and PERFORMS. I have had a few foundations close to being HG but this one is a true HG!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't wait to get back to the store to purchase a full sized bottle of this! My gosh, I can't believe that I have FINALLY found a liquid foundation that (a) makes my skin look natural, (b) makes it look better than not wearing foundation, (c) doesn't settle into weird little whitish looking dots on my nose and (d) feels like you're wearing nothing at all.

I purchased the Pro Longwear Concealer this morning and the MA gave me a very generous sample of this foundation in NW20. I have terrible trouble getting foundation to look good in the very area I need it most - my nose. I have what is to me a very noticeable broken capillary on the tip of my nose, with 2 paler friends to keep it company. Any liquid foundation I've tried always settles into "dots" on my nose, calling attention to the area and screaming "there's makeup here to cover something but it isn't exactly working, is it?" I've used primers, pore fillers, brushes, sponges, fingers...I can never get a reliable result so I've taken to using mineral powder foundations as they've given the best results to date. But I think Pro Longwear Foundation is going to push every other foundation off my shelf. I just wish I'd found it before spending money on Clarins Everlasting Foundation and Too Faced's new powder foundation (Amazing Skin or something like that).

Update: I've been wearing this for several days now (and purchased the full sized bottle last night) and I am delighted with the results. This foundation applies very easily, something I haven't experienced with other liquid foundations (which took me a lot of time and work to get looking right). My skin doesn't feel like it's got a heavy, oily product on the surface and the overall effect is very natural - "my skin but better", rather than looking like I'm wearing a full face of foundation. And at the end of the day - long days with a lot of running around and no time to touch up - my face still looks fresh and the foundation is still there doing its job. My nose and forehead could maybe do with a touch up by 3 or 4 pm and if I had the time, I might do this but I rarely have the time and still my face looks good. I am just thrilled with this product and will use it faithfully until something better comes along, if that is possible.

20 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No