MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

This is my holy grail concealer! I've been using it for about five months now and I don't plan on changing it anytime soon. It does absolutely everything you'd want your concealer to do. It covers blemishes/redness phenomenally and lasts all day (school day, in my case, so around 8 hours), and also is the perfect under eye concealer! It never settles into fine lines/wrinkles and doesn't look cakey. I'm very picky about under my eyes so finding a product I can layer and layer until they're diminished is a fabulous quality in my opinion. You don't necessarily need to layer, I'm just very picky and tend to use a lot more than needed.

I don't know why people complain about the pump. NEVER pump it all the way, I thought that was obvious. The pump is no problem with me because I very carefully give it the most gentle tap and the right amount comes out for me to cover my entire face. It took a while to get used to it, but you'll eventually catch on, and pressing it gently will be like second nature.

It covers so well that I went from wearing a full face of makeup (primer, concealer, foundation, blush, and bronzer) to only this concealer and a setting powder. It's so amazing. Even when you have a lot of break outs because I've broken out bad before and when I complained about it people would say they didn't even see any acne. It's $17 but is completely worth it in my opinion. Do yourself a favor and buy this! You won't regret it :D

However, if you are frugal with your money like I am, go to your local Dillards or Macy's and get a sample from the Mac counter like I did to see if you'll like it. I hope this helped! :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Like others, the pump is difficult to control as a little goes a long way. I find that the shade range runs darker than usual. I'm an NC 40-42 and got NW 30 for a bit of a brightening effect. It does settle a bit into my fine lines under my eyes but so does all my other concealers (I try my best not to put too much). But overall I love this concealer as i do not need to touch up!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Doesn't live up to its claim as being long lasting... After 2/3 hours of apply looked Cakey and emphasised the lines under my eyes. Hate the fact you cannot alter the amount of product the you want, as the pump seems to release a lot of product no matter how much or less you press on the pump.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This has to be my HG concealer for now. I actually have pretty bad dark circles, and this seems to cover them pretty well. What i absolutely LOVE about this product that it DOES NOT CREASE. It lasting power is phenomenal. It can be a little drying, although i do have dry skin, so make sure to moisturize really well. Other than that this concealer is very natural, and it is so much better than Studio finish, which would crease and flake my undereyes like crazy! Anyways, i do recommend this & it's great for those people suffering from chronic dark circles as the coverage is medium to full with buildable power.

I went for a consultation at MAC and asked about getting a new concealer while I was there. I'd previously used the MAC Studiofinish concealer but found that it was not only drying on my already sensitive skin, but the product itself was not easy to blend compared to other cream concealers.

My artist suggested that I buy this little tiny (but expensive!) glass vial of product - something I was initially very skeptical about. However, by using just one pump of this product she used it to cover my entire face in place of a foundation - which was absolutely amazing. It sank into my skin well but was well pigmented. The artist used a small duo fibre brush to buff this all over my face (can't remember the number right now) but I have personally found that for concealing, a 224 brush works really well.

+ a little tiny bit of this product goes a long, long way. One pump will provide enough to cover the face lightly (which is all you need, don't go heavy with this stuff) about a quarter of a tiny pump is needed to just conceal (eyes, nose, mouth)
+ colour selection is good and it's easy to blend a couple of shades together to get a perfect match
+ I think the price is fair considering how long one vial will last (I certainly go through enough cheaper concealers otherwise) to justify buying a good one for slightly more
+ lasts a looong time, I have no need for touch ups, I do not have any oily areas of skin though so I don't know how it fares with other skin types

- glass bottle is a little annoying, the quality of the packaging is good but I can see this shattering at some point seeing as I am so clumsy
- even when buffing a very light layer of this into my skin I found that I did get creasing in a couple of areas, most notably between my eyebrows/frown lines
- goes on tacky even when buffed in, you can apply powder right away but there's something weird about a product making your skin feel sticky, albeit for a couple of minutes

Overall I am really impressed with this. A final thing worth noting is that I am normally NW15 at MAC but with this concealer I suited NW20 more as it tends to dry a little lighter than it looks in the bottle - best to just try it anyway before you buy

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Currently using samples of this is 2 shades ... A liter shade for under eyes and a darker shade for outside areas and blemishes.. Each time I wear it I get compliments about my make up so I can say that I love this. A little goes a very, very long way, it blends well... BUT... You must work quickly because it dries fast. Will definitely be purchasing a full size version when my samples run out.

I love this concealer, this is probably my favorite concealer. It covers any spots on my face wonderfully. I do agree it spits out too much, but that's the only bad thing about this concealer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a good concealer, it is just not good for people with dry skin. If you have any flakes or dryness, it WILL make it more noticeable. I use this under my eyes because it has amazing staying power and coverage, but I have to make sure I use a very hydrating eye cream the night before or else it will look awful on me. The packaging wasn't very well thought out either. The pump lets out WAYY to much product, im always trying to put the smallest amount of pressure to only get a little out, but it always comes oozing out and I waste so much product. I will continue to buy this because nothing else covers my dark circles as well and doesn't crease on me.

Love it! Way better than the mineralized pot concealer by MAC. The others are right.. the pump puts out way to much concealer at once. But just get a FREE empty sample pot and squirt one squirt into that and use what you need!

I love this concealer! I have a lot of acne and scarring and this manages to cover it up without making my face look cakey or feel heavy.

Pros:
Lightweight
Medium coverage (buildable to full coverage)
Blends easily
Very long wearing (lasts all day)
Wide colour selection

Cons:
Slight chemical smell
Hard to remove from face
Tiny bottle, expensive price
Pump is hard to control (gives too much product at once)

Overall, I love it and will be buying it again and again (even though it is expensive).

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer and Prep and Prime Highlighter Review by BeautynLifewSue

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer | First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin