MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 3/21/2011 9:02:00 PM

I've never been a fan of MAC face products because they don't seem very skin friendly. So naturally I never gravitated towards their concealers, foundations, etc. When the Pro Longwear collection came out all I heard was raving reviews about the concealer and foundation. Since I'm more into using concealer than foundation I decided to try this out. Now that I've bought it I definitely consider it one of my HG concealers. The best thing about this concealer is that when it dries it looks like SKIN. It doesn't look like another color on your face, it looks like your skin is really that shade. I got a shade that was one shade lighter than my skin tone to brighten up my under eye area and it does wonders for my bags! It does not budge, lasts all day. The price is a little high for drugstore gals, but if you do want to invest in a high end concealer, PLEASE go for this! My only gripe with this product is the pump, sometimes it gives too much, but hey I can live with it. Definitely a repurchase.

on 3/21/2011 3:19:00 PM

I generally love all things MAC and it was time for me to get some concealer... I had been using the Select Cover up from them, but was wanting to see if they had anything better. I saw the good reviews for this and went with the Pro longwear this time. I honestly don't see a huge difference between this and the Select Cover up except for the consistency. The Pro Longwear is definitely thinner. The color and coverage is about equal. Staying power is pretty good as well. I actually like mixing this with the Select cover up and I like that it's a buildable so I can get just the right amount of coverage. I tend to use this more for covering up hyperpigmentation and blemishes rather than under the eyes. I'm starting to realize that a lot of the make-ups tend to turn orange by the end of the day though so that's a bit annoying. I'm still on my quest for the perfect face.

on 3/21/2011 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I gave this product a two, only because it stays really well, even with my really oily skin. Also I covers really well. This product looked really good when I first put it on but through out the day it turned orange. So it looked like a had really funky discoloration. It shouldn't suprise me since most MAC foundations and concealers oxydize and turn me orange. Another fail for MAC...

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Pro Longwear Concealer provides really great coverage. It's not chalky at all either. I only wish it came in more shades. I am NC 45 and I use both the NC42 and the NC 45 shades, but I prefer the NC 45 shade.

on 3/20/2011 8:32:00 PM

I normally use Bobbi Brown Corrector in Bisque. I was running out, and figured maybe I can try a MAC concealer which is much cheaper for the undereye. I use the select moisture cover on my face in NC35, which works wonderfully! Today, the mac artist told me to try the pro long wear concealer in NW25 for some peachy undertone to counter the dark circles. In the store, it looked pretty good. when i got home, oh boy... the product oxidized or something, because it became darker than my skintone, and kind of grayish. It looked really weird. I am going to return this product tomorrow.

on 3/19/2011 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this concealer - in MAC I am an NC35 and I bought this in NW25 (trick I learned from makeupandbeautyblog.com). It is creamy but not *too* creamy, and it does a really good job of hiding my undereye circles. I apply it with a brush (hate the fact that the pump dispenser is hard to work with, so that's why I gave the packaging a lower rating) and after I apply it with a regular concealer brush, I swirl it with the MAC 188 (another trick I learned, from gossmakeupartist) to blend it out. I set it with a tiny bit of the MAC prep + prime powder and it lasts all day. No creasing or fading whatsoever. Just wish they would change the pump, because it is a pain when I get too much and have to smear it into a sample jar or something to make sure I don't waste it.

on 3/18/2011 2:15:00 PM

Very good coverage (doesn't completely erase my under eye circles, but does a way better job than 90% of other concealers out there), must rub in quickly because it dries fast, HATED the pump dispenser at first due to WAY too much product coming out, but thru trial/error, have learned how to ever so slightly press pump for right amount (annoyed I have to do this at all, but o well).

Will I repurchase? I put yes, but honestly, not sure. I would still love to find a concealer that COMPLETELY erases my under eye circles...but its a maybe

I LOVE, LOVE LOVE concealer!!! This is without a doubt my HG concealer. Coverage is perfect, price is reasonable and it lasts all day, what more could you want out of a concealer?

Love the product, hate the packaging. I broke apart my 2nd one because I felt like I was going through it rather quickly, even only using 1/2 pumps at a time. I found a TON of product left over in there, similar to how UDPP packaging works. The straw that sucks the concealer up doesn't reach the bottom of the jar! I will try to depot a new one to see how long it lasts me, and will update when I'm done.

The concealer itself is amazing. Covers all of my acne scarring, and present acne, and stays put all day. I put the concealer on with a 224 brush, and it works great for undereye circles and darkness too!

on 3/11/2011 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Love this concealer under my Mac creamblend powder.It provides wonderful coverage without caking up and stays all day. I have been breaking out lately so I need something that provides good coverage for my acne and acne scars without making them look too dry and bulgy. This concealer does the job and so far did not cause me to further breakout. Bottle come with a pump which makes it very sanitary and not messy. I first bought the NC 35 but switched to NC30 because the 35 is too orangey. NC 25 would have worked too but this concealer does not come in NC25.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer and Prep and Prime Highlighter Review by BeautynLifewSue

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer | First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin