September 21, 2014 | 1756 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by makeupMichelle10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this when it first came out and needed to give it a long time before I reviewed it. (too many people got excited and reviewed it after only using it for a short period of time) I liked this concealer a lot at first, but it was slowly drying out my under-eye area. Also, I had to go back and forth between several colors and NONE of them worked for me. NW20 was way to light, NW25 made my circles appear even darker, and the NC range made it look ashy. At this point I was frustrated and just stuck with the NW20. I needed something in between, and heck I dont want to spend time mixing colors when I have to get on the run in the morning! It does last a very long time, but again the dryness of it came through.
PROS:
-very long wearing
-fuller coverage
CONS:
- very drying for my eyes especially as I used it more and more.
- the colors seem different than MAC's other concealers, and I could not find a color that would conceal my circles.
- the pump of course, and fragile container.
- blending it is not a problem, but getting it to blend with my foundation was difficult.

Overall, I was sooo excited about this, but it needed a good few weeks before a true review from me. I kept using it, but then walked to the Giorgio Armani counter, and this amazing man that works for them, matched me PERFECTLY for concealer, and my eyes have never looked better. I broke my wallet and switched over to GA's concealer along with the YSL Touche Eclat for a base, and my eyes have never looked brighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by brightestrella

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definitely the best concealer I have ever used. However when I was asking which color would be best for my skin (NC25) the makeup artist gave me NW25. I found it way too pink. The NC20 was too fair.
So I mixed the 2 together in a MAC pot................just right! I used equal parts of each and I can now easily leave the house with just concealer on! Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 9:50:00 AM More reviews by ameliabirch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was adament that I had found my HG concealers - one for covering redness, one for undereye, one for blemishes. I went for a makeover at MAC and the assistant used the new prolongwear concealer. I absolutely fell for it. It is so light and easy to apply, but so opaque and (as it says on the label) long lasting. I apply in the morning and take it off in the evening. Yes, I KNOW this is what all the other concealers say they do. But they don't. The packaging is really irritating, but because so much comes out and you only need a tiny bit for undereye, it gave me a reason to experiment. And I was impressed. I now use it to cover the redness and it is way better at coverage than my yellow based concealer. I even tried it on spots (thinking that being NW15 it would make them stand out), and yes, the formula is so light that it even works on spots. I'm going to get through it stupidly quickly, but I now use a whole pump full.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Remawake

Ok, so this is not a review, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has thought of simply using another small container to store excess concealed dispensed from the annoying pump?? Surely there's a solution to that annoying packaging. My peeve is the bare minerals that comes as a very fine powder in a cheap screw top jar that inevitably sprays powder a foot in every direction when I open it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by CSR

I think this is an HG product for me - I like it even better than the foundation. Actually, for the last few days, I have been using it as a foundation. I use a very small amount, warm it between my fingers and spread it over just primed skin. I have sun damage in a few spots, so I focus on these areas and move outward. It goes on very smoothly and looks more natual than DW did on me and provides more coverage than the Prolongwear foundation.

I have a very hard time keeping any foundation on my face. My skin is normal - neither dry nor oily but almost all foundation see to fade quickly from my skin. The concealer is longer wearing on me than the either DW or the ProLongwear foundation, plus the small bottle is easy to carry for touch ups were needed (especially where there is sun damamge)

I use less than a half pump - I just hold my clean finger over the nozzle and push down lightly. This must create some pressure that keeps the concealer from coming out too quickly. Overall, I am very happy with this concealer and will continue to buy it until something better comes along.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by klaiyr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this from the sheer praises it received on MUA on I have not been disappointed! Like another reviewer mentioned, this is the first concealer I have used where it doesn't feel cakey... it just MELTS in to the skin. I have melasma and when I use it on top of it, I don't have to BLEND the edges endlessly like I do with other thick pasty concealers. The consistency is very watery - it's just like a foundation.

PROS:
-Consistency is good.
-NW25 matches my Asian neutral/yellow tone nicely
-Melts into my skin and requires NO blending
-Easily buildable
-Slightly glowy/dewy finish (a PLUS for most, but unfortunately not for me)
-You don't need a lot. Little goes a long way.

CONS
-B/c I use mineral powder on top, the glowy finish it gives is the reason why the finish is very WET. Hard to put powder on top of that. I have to PAT it on.
-The PUMP IS AWFUL! I hate it. I ALWAYS end up pumping out way too much and then wasting it. The top doesn't come off either, tried it. If anyone has a solution for this, please message me!
-It's kind of expensive for the amount you get... BUT there are plenty of other concealers that are ridiculously priced, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Overall, very nice! Would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by xoxAllyxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For dark under eye circles, this is terrible; I could barely get any coverage. The pump is also really irritating and inconvenient.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in NW30 (I am an NW35) and it works very well. I have skin that leans dry in the winter so I think I am going to have to watch this in the coming months. It wears well, blends well and covers my circles nicely. It is medium coverage, the Laura Geller one I have has full coverage, but it looks natural and stays. My gripe (along with most reviewers) is the pump - it dispenses way too much at once. Other than that it is a great concealer, in my top three. I would probably rebuy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by wonderdreamz

I love this concealer, i'm an NC 35 and i wear the shade barcelona in NARs sheer matte. i've read reviews saying that this concealer is quite drying, if you have time before applying your makeup or once u wake up wash your face and apply Johnson baby gel or baby oil or olive oil and leave it there for atleast 5 minutes then wash the oil/gel off and it will moisture the skin and it won't look cakey or drying under the eye. Moreover, you won't need to apply moisturizer. If you still have the same drying situation then i would recommend it mixing it with your foundation; if you do use foundation.

The only problem i've had with this concealer is it's a tad dark, so i might exchange or next time get a shade lighter. I would try it on your face in your local MAC counter before purchasing it. ALSO, i have heard that nw shades are the best to use for undereye shadows but i've noticed that it cast a grey cast, so although nc is much yellower i would recommend that for undereyes unless your white as paper.

SO how good for a job does this concealer do? A pretty darn good job. I'm half indian and my indian roots come from a line of dark circles and i've tried almost everything. I've found a lot of products that do work but then another problem occurs, my makeup begins to slip. This concealer does not slip and it stays. So you can conclude that my dark are pretty severe and trust me i've seen people in youtube making a big deal of their so call "dark circles" when they have nothing. so this works.!

Does it last for 15 hours? I honestly can't say. On the bright side, you have nothing to lose, if you do not like the concealer you are always welcome to return it. MAC DOES ACCEPT RETURNS.

PROS:
-long range of color
-Long lasting
-Affordable
-Highly pigmented

CONS:
-pump can be a pain

EDITTTT Update: stop using it after i realize the colors are too orange >< therefore, i have to lower the rating

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by mickeyrdam

This product is a bit of a mixed bag. One thing is for sure. It is long lasting, and I mean looooong lasting. Once you put it on and it dries out, it becomes almost plasticized and lasts all day. That being said, it also feels very drying and tightening on this delicate undereye area. It does crease, emphasizing your wrinkles in a very bad way. With a normal concealer, you can simply run your finger to get rid of the crease, but with this one you almost need to scrape it down, cause it's so crunchy and dry. Nonetheless, other concealer won't last nearly as long as this one. It's a really huge trade-off to make. I still need to experiment with this one, probably using much more moisturizer.