October 1, 2014 | 1655 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by nygrlnca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer! It covers all my dark blemishes and lasts all day. It never looks ashy on my NC42-NC44 skin. I've even just used this without the foundation and it matches my shin perfectly. It works well under my eyes and doesn't settle into my fine lines. My pores seem smaller so my skin looks smoother. My HG of concealers! The pump sucks though...too much product comes out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2010 9:04:00 PM More reviews by 601Sparkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in love! Finally a concelor that stays in place all day on severly oily skin. I normally have to apply a powder over my concelors to get them to stay all day but this one went on smooth and stayed smooth. The only downside is the pump let's too much product out, if this came in a tube it would be perfect.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by VioletBick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This did not work for me but think it would be great only if you are NOT dry under the eyes and 2) if they changed the container.
This made my skin look dry & dehydrated. Waste of product with the pump that dispenses way too much and I did not like fragile container. Why isn't this in a tube? Blending was not a problem but it just looked unnatural, heavy and obvious. I have way better luck with Urban Decay 24/7 pencil- Way creamy, long lasting, natural & portable.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Kurbiskonigin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This concealer works amazing well, however it oxidizes instantly on my skin. I am NC15 - if you are a darker shade, try going one shade lighter than normal. When it oxidizes it turns into a tan colour, not quite orange but with orange undertones. But I can blend it enough to redeem it a bit. Thus, it is a great concealer for summer when I'm a bit more tan.

I wish this was foundation. I have huge pores which everything but very few products sink into, and this concealer does NOT sink into any pore in my skin, and lasts literally all day without getting oily or greasy or smudgy. And, it might look like kinda strange when you first apply it, but it relaxes into your skin and looks more natural as the day goes on.

I apply this over my trouble areas (under the eyes, over my redness and acne, around my nose) and let it dry before applying either powder or mineral foundation on top to give me an extra full coverage look but without being heavy. It lasts for a long time like this, however the concealer alone lasts much longer without being set, so take your pick.

I have acne-prone skin and it only causes minor break outs (usually one or two small spots) if I leave it on for a long time. It does not budge when I sweat, so it's amazing for summer. However it's very "set" when in place and will limit some of the free movement in your face, especially when used around the eyes. If you can get past this, then this is a great heavy-duty concealer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by psmitty

For those pale yellow devotees to MAC, beware of the shades! The NC15 of this looks incredibly pink on my skin in sunlight, almost strawberry ice cream fake. Sadly, it looks so obvious, it can't work. Too bad! Update: tried to make it work, but it also squirts out way too much and broke me out everywhere I put it.And not little ones,embarassing whiteheads I haven't had for years! Sensitive skin beware.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2010 1:19:00 PM More reviews by shmanderrsssx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE!LOVE!LOVE! this is absolutely amazing. covers and brightens my eyes and dark circles, plus redness on my nose cheeks and chin.it also covers pimples. the pump is kinda annoying but i still love the packaging.i am in NC 15 and it blends into my skin so well even though im so pale and having foundations and concealers that match my skin perfectly are hard to find but this is my HG concealer<33.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by xobecky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer - best i've ever used! Very good coverage and covers most of my flaws. Only bad thing is the pump! I hate the fact I pump way too much out, i end up using it all just for the simple fact I don't want to waste it but it's far too much.. Hopefully mac will eventually improve the pump but it's still deff worth buying it. I would go as far as to say this might be one of my HG products! :]

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by makeupMichelle10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this when it first came out and needed to give it a long time before I reviewed it. (too many people got excited and reviewed it after only using it for a short period of time) I liked this concealer a lot at first, but it was slowly drying out my under-eye area. Also, I had to go back and forth between several colors and NONE of them worked for me. NW20 was way to light, NW25 made my circles appear even darker, and the NC range made it look ashy. At this point I was frustrated and just stuck with the NW20. I needed something in between, and heck I dont want to spend time mixing colors when I have to get on the run in the morning! It does last a very long time, but again the dryness of it came through.
PROS:
-very long wearing
-fuller coverage
CONS:
- very drying for my eyes especially as I used it more and more.
- the colors seem different than MAC's other concealers, and I could not find a color that would conceal my circles.
- the pump of course, and fragile container.
- blending it is not a problem, but getting it to blend with my foundation was difficult.

Overall, I was sooo excited about this, but it needed a good few weeks before a true review from me. I kept using it, but then walked to the Giorgio Armani counter, and this amazing man that works for them, matched me PERFECTLY for concealer, and my eyes have never looked better. I broke my wallet and switched over to GA's concealer along with the YSL Touche Eclat for a base, and my eyes have never looked brighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by brightestrella

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definitely the best concealer I have ever used. However when I was asking which color would be best for my skin (NC25) the makeup artist gave me NW25. I found it way too pink. The NC20 was too fair.
So I mixed the 2 together in a MAC pot................just right! I used equal parts of each and I can now easily leave the house with just concealer on! Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 9:50:00 AM More reviews by ameliabirch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was adament that I had found my HG concealers - one for covering redness, one for undereye, one for blemishes. I went for a makeover at MAC and the assistant used the new prolongwear concealer. I absolutely fell for it. It is so light and easy to apply, but so opaque and (as it says on the label) long lasting. I apply in the morning and take it off in the evening. Yes, I KNOW this is what all the other concealers say they do. But they don't. The packaging is really irritating, but because so much comes out and you only need a tiny bit for undereye, it gave me a reason to experiment. And I was impressed. I now use it to cover the redness and it is way better at coverage than my yellow based concealer. I even tried it on spots (thinking that being NW15 it would make them stand out), and yes, the formula is so light that it even works on spots. I'm going to get through it stupidly quickly, but I now use a whole pump full.