MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 1/8/2012 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I use this in nw30 to cover up spots works very well good staying power. Gave this 4 because the pump dispenses way to much product which is wasteful.

on 1/8/2012 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I had issues with this concealer initially. I was, firstly, matched with the wrong colour by the MUA, and, secondly, the product made me break out.
I returned it for a lighter shade and started using my eye makeup remover to ensure all traces were gone at the end of the day. The new colour is perfect and I have had no more breakouts. It really does last all day too!

on 1/6/2012 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

For starters, i'm 18, very fair (nc15) and have VERY dry skin in this winter especially. Because i'm so pale i have dark-blue veins that show under and around my eyes which sucks! and is what i want a concealer to.. conceal! just to add to this mix, my undereye has NO moisture so everything usually settles and cakes no matter what, which is why i chose to buy this concealer... BIG MISTAKE!!!
The pump itself is just annoying, you can try all you want to press reallyyy light and slow to reduce the amount of product but i promise you ladies it will never work!
As for the product itself, on the back of your hand it feels heavy and sticky, yet when you apply it to the under eye area (i have done this with my finger, a flat concealer brush, a fluffy brush, a sponge, everything!) the pigmentation and the colour just seem to wash a way!!
This cannot seriously be called a concealer when it doesn't conceal anything!! I thought it might just be because my under eye circles are so dark that it just wasn't strong enough (which was bad enough) but when i tried to use it under my brow as a natural highlight and around my chin for the same reason, it really DOESN'T conceal anything!!
I had such high hopes for this concealer, especially because I research every product I get before purchasing, and it just doesn't live up to what MAC standards should be!
The ONLY nice thing i can say about this product is that you get 9ml of product for 13.50 which is pretty good considering some of MAC's other concealers are only 2ml for the same price, but honestly that is it!
WARNING - AVOID USING IT.

on 1/4/2012 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have mixed feelings about this concealer. I went into MAC to find a concealer and heard good things about Studio Sculpt. The artist there recommended that I try the Pro Longwear concealer in order to hide my acne and acne scars, which are my main concern. I don't use under-eye concealer as I am 17 and have no dark circles or need to conceal. She applied the concealer and it looked great so I bought it. I went into Sephora about 20 minutes later and noticed that I had concealer dots all over my face! I was so confused as to how it could look good in the MAC store but in different lighting (and in natural lighting in the car) it looked awful. I figured it was her blending job or I was just a tad too fair for NW20. I only use this when I really really need the extra coverage because I'm still traumatized by the look I got from the Sephora girl that day... I don't have a problem with blending as long as I do it quickly otherwise it'll settle and it is longwearing. I don't have an issue with the pump as some people have complained about; I press very softly on the pump and try to control it as much as possible and I can get a good amount. And a little goes a long way with this stuff. I guess it's alright but it's nothing to rave about other than its decent coverage.

on 12/30/2011 2:45:00 AM

this is indeed a long wear concealer! i could wear this in the morning and its still there when i wash my concealer at night. what i love abt this product is i dont need an eye cream or any primer or powder to make this product stay. it doesnt crease nor settle into my lines. its perfect!

the only complaint that i have is the dispenser. it has a pump dispenser where it produces the same amount everytime. u cant control the amount of concealer ur about to dispense so it results into wastage when ur not using that much.i use this concealer foor my under eye circle and the amount it dispenses it quite a lot if i were to use under my eyes alone.

the price is affordable and reasonable. ive been using this daily for 2 month and it has not even reduced by a quarter(soon to be a quarter) . anyways im pretty happy with the product. but im not sure i'll be repurchasing as i dont like the dispenser.

on 12/29/2011 8:15:00 PM

I adore this concealer, it does a better good than foundation! I like to use one - two shades lighter under my eyes and down the center of my nose to highlight using a 188 brush by MAC but a small tapered blending brush would probably be better! <3

on 12/26/2011 12:32:00 PM

This product is great for combination skin. Those who have sensitive/ dry eye area will love. I apply with a brush or with the fingers. I lasts hours. The only problem is the pump, comes off a lot of product and i gets messy!

on 12/26/2011 11:31:00 AM

The best concealer i have bought recently, i wasted money on buying drug store concealers & foundations.
The coverage is amazing, all you need to cover blemishes is 1 pump. I have blemishes on my cheeks & a little discoloration. This product covers it so well that my skin looks so flawless. i have only been using this to cover blemishes & setting it with a little powder. No more using foundations. Feels light, long lasting & great product for people that have acne scarring, discoloration, redness & combination/oily skin. I use a concealer brush to pat on a little product & blend. It is buildable but blend out very well. Easy product to work with blends easily.

on 12/22/2011 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I love this concealer! I use it for my undereye circles/bags and it works wonders for me. This is the only concealer that I have tried that doesn't crease and dry up. It is easily blendable and it brightens my undereye. I have tried the Bobbi Brown Corrector, concealer, MAC select cover up and a lot of other concealers but this is the only one that has worked for my bad undereye circles. The only con that I found with this is that I feel that it doesn't stay put for a long, long time like the title says, but it is definitely the best undereye concealer that I've tried. Also the pump is a little hard to work with. Sometimes, you get more concealer than what you want.

This is not a good product overall. While it lasts well and is good at covering blemishes (if they're not dry and flaky from zit cream), it's very drying and becomes cakey easily. I hate it for under my eyes because it settles into lines, and makes everything look worse. And I'm 27...really don't have many lines, but it makes me look like I do!

I would avoid this. Also, the packaging is awful - you get out so much more concealer than you need. Very wasteful. I don't recommend at all.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer | First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin

Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer and Prep and Prime Highlighter Review by BeautynLifewSue

Top Rated MAC Products