MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 2/28/2012 12:23:00 PM

Out of all the MAC concealers I've tried, this is by far my favourite. It feels creamier than their other concealers. It gives good coverage for blemishes and dark circles (but I mainly use this concealer for my blemishes as I use a different concealer for my dark circles). However, if you apply too much it will look cakey when setting with powder. The packaging is great and it includes a pump which is more hygienic and travel-friendly. Lately I've been going for a light coverage for work and this concealer really helps counteract any redness and blemishes I have and I set it with powder afterwards and I'm good to go! You can double this as your foundation if you wanted to as well - I have tried it before and my face looked like second skin -lightweight, decent coverage but not heavy. Perfect if you're in a rush. I would definitely repurchase this concealer -my HG!

on 2/19/2012 7:55:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is the best concealer i've tried, but all the other ones were shit.. soo..
This is use on blemishes.- very good.
And under my eyes- now i don't have dark circles, just a little bit of blue tone and purple, nothing much, and this covers it all day.
Love, cause i have a hard time finding products that last.. but, its very expensive,and the packaging pump presses out too much product and is very hard to press down. it wasn't in the shop but mine is..
but i will buy this again, just in a lttle lighter colour this is nc-35. which is a little too dark, so so i'll take nc-30 or nw 30 next. :)

on 2/7/2012 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I wear NC50 and I have fine lines under my eye. This concealer is the best thing since sliced bread for under the eye. I wear this daily and I am on my 3rd bottle (because I bought two this time NC50 and NW 45). I put Urban Decay Primer potion under my eye and then apply the concealer. It does not crease into my cirlcles and the color match is perfect. Even after my foundation has worn off, the concealer is still there and I work 13 hour days. I hate the bottle because you ened upt having a nice about left in the the bottle that you aren't able to access. Also, the pumps makes it easy to waste product so I pump a little bit of product at a time into a small round sampler. This is one of my best MAC purchases.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Best $17 I have ever spent on make up. Absolutely fantastic product. I am NW20 but have an overall brownish discolouration around my eye area. I use this product to cover my whole eye area every morning and it lasts the whole day and night. It is very lightweight, offers medium to full coverage, does not cake or settle in the fine lines under my eye and corrects the colour perfectly. My skin is pretty good other than this discolouration but I used to use foundation to even out the red areas, especially in winter when my face gets very pink. Since buying this concealer I haven't touched my foundation. I press the pump once, use half of it on the eyes and the rest around my nose and chin. And let me repeat it lasts WHOLE DAY AND NIGHT! This concealer is 11/10.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The MAC Pro Longwear Concealer is the best makeup product I have ever purchased. Over the past few months, I have been breaking out like CRAZY! And I couldn't find anything to cover it up.
I heard a review from a girl on YouTube who was struggling with the same issue and she was raving about how great this concealer was. So, I went to the mall, and decided to try it out.
It retails for $17.00, which is a bit pricey, but definitely worth it. This concealer is the only one that I will ever use and nothing compares to its coverage and its long-wear results. I even wear it as a foundation when I go out (just mix it with some moisturizer and it blends perfectly into your skin).
My only complaint is the packaging. It comes in a very nice glass bottle but I hate the pump. Sometimes I just need a little drop but the dispenser gives me a dime size amount and you can't unscrew the top so I end up wasting it.
But other than that, THIS STUFF IS AMAZING! Go buy it now(:

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was ready to toss this and give a scathing review, but I think I got the hang of this concealer now. For the longest time I've used the Studio Fix concealer and it provided me the most natural and easiest application. I used the NC50 and it's lasted me years since I've only had to use it on one spot and applied it with a precision concealer brush. The only drawback is that this concealer slid off or faded by the end of the day. I decided to look through the MAC website and see what choices were available for a long lasting finish and this popped up in the concealer section. I decided to buy it online blind in the same NC50 shade. Argh!, lesson learned--no two lines of NC50 are alike--it was twice as dark as the Studio Fix--almost as dark as the discoloration on my face! I had to get matched at the MAC store and so I got matched with the NW40, and the shade seemed perfect at the store. When I got home to try it for myself on the discoloration on my cheek, it was a disaster when I used my concealer brush. First off, like the others, you cannot get just a tiny dot of the stuff from the pump, hence it got a 2 in packaging quality. You end up with a huge dollop, but with a little practice, you can pump out an amount half the size of that. Try and try again, I ended up with an awful job on the spot and it looked thick and exaggerated. The brush wasn't cutting it. I noticed that it would only work if it was patted into the skin, and if you apply it in thin layers. To achieve this, I used my brush to pick up the smallest amount of the concealer and apply it in small dots, then remove the excess off the brush with a tissue, then continue spreading the concealer with the brush. Afterwards, instead of patting it in with my finger, I used the flat and smooth end of a stainless steel tweezer to pat and blend the layer into the skin. Any areas that needed a bit more concealer, I placed another thin-thin layer in the area and patted it again with the flat of the tweezer. I found that light feathering motions work best for this concealer and you definitely need not much to get the job done. The finish is not like that of Studio Fix, which settled to a "skin-like" finish, and the Pro concealer dried to a flat matte so keep that in mind. You definitely won't need to use a powder to set it. The website says 15-hour wear. I have very oily skin so I did start noticing a bit of transfer onto a tissue after 3 or 4 hours but very minimal compared to Studio Fix, which started to melt off after half an hour on my skin! It was nice to come home after work and still see that the concealer didn't fade all that much, compared to Studio Fix where most of it has come off by the end of the day. I would say the Pro concealer is good, but not always so natural so you need a good match and need to blend and pat it in with good care. I'll be testing the Studio Sculpt as well to see if it applies easier and has decent tenuity. For now, the Pro suits my needs to outlive the rigors of the typical work day.

on 2/1/2012 8:31:00 PM

UPDATE - I have a lot to say about this concealer and it won't fit in MU's window so please check out my review here:

I've also posted a video on YouTube:

Check it out :)

on 1/31/2012 3:11:00 PM

Uhmm no.. I just used it up and now I can finally throw it out completely. This is soo cakey - yuck! I'm 17 so I don't have obvious wrinkles under my eyes, but with this I do. Even my mum noticed that I looked "way older!". On me it's not longwearing, it wears off, oxidizes and cakes like crazy. On blemishes it didn't hold up to as well. The Packaging is also kind of unpractical. One squirt is waaaay too much and when you almost finished it up you can't get the rest out of it.I'm not impressed at all.

on 1/30/2012 3:15:00 PM

Packaging is alright. You can't just press down and get product out or too much will dispense at once. You must gently press down.

Ok, so the concealer itself seems thin and watery. I was matched to NC15 which seemed to go orangy on my neck where I wanted to cover some redness. Not sure why I strayed from my Make Up For Ever Full Coverage in No. 4, which is the perfect neutral and consistency.

I returned it. The color is just wrong. I didn't inquire about a different one. Maybe this worked for someone else but not for me.

on 1/30/2012 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

The rep says it has no oil, but I keep breaking out in the areas that I use this product. I will have to keep looking because although it covers nicely, it either clogs my pores or has oil.
I've found if you pump with your thumb you can manage the amount that comes out better than pumping with your forefinger.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer | First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin

Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer and Prep and Prime Highlighter Review by BeautynLifewSue