MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 5/28/2011 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

4.5, rounding up. This is the BEST concealer I've ever used. I have severe severe severe under eye circles which have been a battle my entire life. I just turned 28 and am starting to get the first signs of aging around my eyes - not even really fine lines yet, but I notice a change...skin is just a little more loose and makeup creases/cracks a little more. I have been a long time user of studio finish, however it is starting to look to heavy on my "new" skin. Unfortunately, along with the loosening skin, the circles are also getting darker. Lately I have been MADLY searching for a full cover concealer that is both light weight and long lasting...something I could realistically continue to use as I age. I have had wonderful results using powderflage to set my concealer for the last year, but just in the last couple of months, it suddenly doesn't work any more...looks good at the beginning of the day but by the end of the day my eyes look extremely cakey and I look about 10 years older.

I had been nervous to try pro longwear because I have wasted a lot of money on concealers lately and didn't want another "medium cover" concealer stashed in my drawer that I will never use. I am SOOOOOOOOOO happy I tried it though. It is thin but with two or three thin layers, I am able to get almost full coverage. My circles are still slightly visible but are just as covered as any other great concealer I've used (I've never been able to cover them completely, they are just too dark). The nice thing about this concealer is that it lasts all day ...gym..sweat...rain...you name it..and does not need a setting powder. It is the most natural looking concealer I have ever used that offers this much coverage. It doesn't really crease however under extreme conditions or very late in the day, it will sort of crack where the creases are (just a void of color rather than a build-up..and is not noticable unless I squint). I can totally live with that!! The main down side to this is that it oxidizes like crazy. I recommend going a shade lighter than you would normally, as this turns quite peachy-orange. Luckily, the peachy orange colour does cancel out the circles, but looks bad anywhere else on the face (I'm using NW 20 for circles..normally I am NC 20/25 for face so perhaps the NC isn't as orangey..I have no idea). I could easily use shade NW 15 but I plan to self tan soon so I will keep the NW 20.

As everyone else has said, the pump sucks. I am very carefully able to get out a spec, 80% of the time. Maybe one day a week I will put too much pressure on the pump and squirt out too much.

My method of application is:

squirt out a spec on the back of my hand
dab a few specs under each eye
pat it on all over with my finger, but not completely blended
continue patting with a wedge sponge until completely blended

I do this 2 - 3 times and love the results.

HG!

on 5/28/2011 2:58:00 AM

Hands down, the best concealer ever. I've tried so many over the years, and just when I was ready to throw in the towel, along comes this one. Shade NC20. Long wearing, perfect match, just very very good overall. It's made me want not to try anything else ever again, which is a first. My only 'dislike' about this is the pump dispenser, which gives way too much product (shame on you MAC!) and forces me to try and squeeze as little as I can everytime, through a precision manoeuvre that I have not quite mastered yet!

on 5/23/2011 10:26:00 PM

my new HG concealer!! I absolutely love it and use it everyday for my undereye (with a corrector under). It really does last all day without disappearing and does not settle in lines at all. I can't rave about this enough! Plus, you only need the tiniest amount to cover both eyes. My only complaint is the pump always pumps out too much product so I've been using a small makeup sample jar to collect the excess and use the rest of it the following time that I need it.

go out and buy this now!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

A excellent high coverage Concealer that doesn't cling to dry patches, lasts all day. Only problem with it is the pump but what I do is put one pump it in screw top jar and that's last about three days so theres no wastage.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Last all day, brightens, and looks very natural.

on 5/21/2011 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I LOVE this concealer. I've been using the studio finish concealer since forever, but this one is SO much better!!

I was reluctant to try a new concealer, because studio finish gave me such good coverage, however while it looked great in the mornings, by the time I got home from work, most of my make up had worn off.

Also, in the winter, studio finish concealer is very hard-set and when using it under your eye, you can get used to dragging the skin while trying to apply it. I thought a liquid concealer would help solve this problem as I could dab it on lightly underneath my eyes.

I wasn't sure about pro longwear at first since most people say it's medium coverage, but it is definitely buildable. It completely covers all my acne scarring, and it stays fresh all day. When I get home, my make up looks just as good as when I applied it (i use the studio fix fluid foundation on top).

Also, since I use concealer to apply under my eyes as well as on any discolouration/scarring, i don't mind the pump which does squeeze out quite a lot of product. I usually use around 3/4's of a pump.

This is a great product, and I would definitely repurchase!!

on 5/21/2011 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Covers up well, stays on for a long time (7pm to 11am on a particularly rough night,) doesn't get cakey, doesn't dry out my skin. What more can I ask for?

Oh, actually, better packaging. I hate the pump.

on 5/17/2011 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this concealer. It has a great formula that doesn’t look obvious on the eyes and stays in place all day (6am to about 8pm). I use the bare minerals concealer brush to apply and my ring finger to smooth out. I don’t use a powder to set it. The packaging is horrible! the pump is uncontrollable so what I do is I put a few pumps into a tiny jar I have left from a sample size moisturizer. I dip my brush into that, since the jar closes it doesn’t dry out and this seems to be working well for me. This is my second bottle…love this stuff…

on 5/13/2011 4:53:00 PM

Like the comment below, I was definitely forced into buying this. I specifically told the MAC lady I need a concealer which is full coverage and hides my dark dark circles. Firstly, she was giving me wrong shade and saying how I couldn't go lighte shade and had to go darker, which is so stupid. And thank god I went out into sunlight, because it was 4/5 shades darker than my skin. The foundation she colourmatched was also tad bit dark; I looked so orangey/brown like I'd rubbed mud on my face. So yeh she makes me get wrong shade NW25 and says foundation im NC35... Secondly, the product itself is so crap. This is a light coverage and is definitely not buildable. It settles into lines and looks sooo dry after even with best eye cream under. And it makes me look like I'm 30, when Im only 23. Thirdly, it started to sting my eyes after hour and felt sooo tight. Such a waste of money. I will definitely be taking it back. Oh and the pump is useless.

on 5/12/2011 3:01:00 AM

im pretty sure i was just talked into buying this product from the lady at MAC, because it is terrible. i went to MAC looking for a good under eye concealer as i have terrible dark circles. to start with i was given the wrong colour NW20 when i am an NC15 normally (light i know!) but the MUA was convinced that i shouldn't get that shade. since i also use the pro longwear foundation in the shade (NC15) they just don't match, even looking at them next to each other right now they are totally different, so thats my first problem. Now onto the product, this is a terrible under eye concealer i am relatively young at 21 and have no wrinkles but this cakes like nothing else! i cannot imagine anyone over the age of 25 being able to use this without looking like a grandma. when i use this for spot treatment it only makes it stand out even more, no matter what i apply it with #194, #224 or my fingers. you can alway see it. this cost me AU$32 which is ridiculous given its only $16.50 in the US (but thats a whole other issue). the pump is terrible not only will I never be able to access the remaining product, but one pump is far too much product and so i waste a ton every time i use it. I am still on the hunt for a good under eye concealer i would love to know of any good ones, if anyone wants to let me know of any.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer and Prep and Prime Highlighter Review by BeautynLifewSue

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer | First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin