MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 11/15/2011 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm using a NC color and this concealers are a lot more yellow than their other NC products. It does last a long time. It's very drying and may define wrinkles more for elderly ladies. The packaging is terrible because pump comes out so much at once. MAC really needs to fix this.

on 11/7/2011 5:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have been using the Studio Finish Concealer forever in NC35. But recently I found that as the product ages, the staying power has been really bad. And towards the end of my work day, it separates from my foundation and made me look like i have patches of mud on my face....not a pretty sight. I mean i dont blame it..its partially my skin's fault. Its so goddamn oily...yes even ELDW is oily on me and disintegrates after 8 -hour wear.

After reading rave reviews on this, i decided to try this. On my first swatch, prolong wear in NC35 is slightly lighter than the studio finish. Hence, i decided why not....BIG MISTAKE! it oxidizes pretty bad and makes my face looks darker than it is...Hmm, considering that I have moderate to severe acne scarring, i needed to cover quite a large area. And after this product oxidizes, it left my cheeks and chin looking a tad darker than the rest of my face...eww...Hmmm, aside from the fact that it oxidizes, I'd say the staying power is okay...it lasted at least 8 hours before it started to wear off. It doesnt break me out. And its pretty easy to blend and doesnt dry too quickly. I dont have a problem with the pump. I think mainly because i need to use a whole pump as i have quite a large area on my face to conceal, so i dont feel it dispenses more product than needed. Maybe if you are only trying to conceal the undereye area. then, perhaps it would.

The consistency is thick, like a thick foundation actually and the coverage is medium, i dont think this is a full coverage concealer, as some of my scars can still be seen through. The price is okay not overly expensive. but it comes only in a 9ml glass bottle...so we see how fast i'd run out. This isnt as drying as the studio finish, so i think it works wonderful for undereye area. This isnt cakey either, no matter how much you layer it. It looks pretty natural. The color selection sucks. It doesnt have a wide range. So, thats a minus there. Just a tip, consider buying this in a lighter shade when you first swatch it, as it oxidizes quite badly. All in all, i probably would be happy if i had only purchased this in a lighter shade. But then again, this isnt so mind blowing, and i dont think i'd repurchase.

on 11/4/2011 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I really like this product. I received a sample at my local MAC counter and was very happy with the results- It does smell a bit like paint, as for the 4 lippies, although wearing it under or over your foundation comes out with a beautiful result. I prefer this highly over studiofinish- This does not grease up like that one, it stays longer than a few hours unlike studiofinish, and has more coverage. Also great to just wear under powder. Flawless results :)

on 10/31/2011 7:41:00 AM

I had been using Amazing Cosmetic concelor.
I don't have much dark circle and use concelor mainly to even the skin tone.
Both MAC and AC does the job well.
MAC works great regardless the skin condition. Amazing cosmetic sometimes gets cakey if my skin isn't well moisturized.
I do notice MAC works better with the brush, rather than finger tip.

on 10/28/2011 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

GREAT PRODUCT!
Hate the pump.

Stays all day, I wear nw20 and it covers up my dark circles better than every other concealer I've tried, although I still love bobbi brown corrector, I actually use both on my under eyes. ANYWAYS, love this concealer! It's fantastic, and I use a brush to apply which I really think makes a huge difference because before I was using my finger.

I really really recommend giving this a try, but the pump really does suck, it always puts out too much.
Someone below said it lasted them like 6 months, so if that's the case, sweet. I've only had it a few days.

on 10/28/2011 12:47:00 PM

Best concealer ever! Perfect color matching, blends well into skin, long lasting and does't need finish powder. The only thing I don't like is the pump, always pumps out too much product.

on 10/27/2011 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This concealer is brilliant. My colour in concealer is NC15 and I use NC20/25 foundation. This concealer is relatively thick, which means it's easy to cover dark circles under your eyes, and I also use it to cover the darkness under the sides of my nose. Another plus is that it stays put all day, (I'm guessing because it's 'pro longwear'....!) I will literally apply it at half 7 in the morning, get home at 4, and when I go to wash my make-up off at half 6 it's still like it was all them hours ago. It does not fade away into the unknown (which my drugstore concealers do!!!). So all in all I recommend this concealer 100%. ONE THING about this which I do not like!!!!!!!! Although it has nothing to do with the concealer itself. It is difficult to control the pump. >:( >:( >:( I often pump out much more than I need which is just a waste because it can get cakey very quickly so I am reluctant to apply more, and of course all that wasting will add up. However, it has lasted me over 6 months so I'm willing to let it go a bit. But yes, I do wish the pump was different. Other than that, top marks to MAC.

on 10/23/2011 2:09:00 AM

Now that I am 44 years old (and able to buy pretty much whatever I want), I have had many years and opportunities to try nearly every concealer on the planet (Cle de Peau, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, Nars, you name it). Never a fan of MAC products in general, I decided to try this after reading good reviews on the Nordstrom's web site. This is, by far, the best concealer I have ever used. Does not cause break outs (I have terribly sensitive skin, even at this age), does not settle into fine lines, stays on all day (I work up to 14 hours/day), and matches my skin color like a dream (NW 25). It reminds me of Amazing Cosmetics concealer but their color selection is very limited and the staying power of this one is infinitely better. The only negative, of course, is the packaging. I, like everyone else, hate the pump. However, the cost is so minimal, I don't really care how much is wasted. Even my teen age daughter now uses this exclusively and it does not seem to cause pimples.

on 10/12/2011 8:04:00 PM

I really did love this concealer! It covered my red spots and undereyes perfectly! it's the best one I have found so far. That being said, if you don't put it on fast enough, it will not blend at all! and when used with the foundation i'm using currently, when it didn't blend, you could see where the concealer ended. the packaging is also not the best. there is still alot of product left in the bottle after it stops pumping out product, so it gets wasted. I may try this again once I get a new foundation. Hopefully it will blend better with a different foundation, because I really love the coverage of this product.

on 10/10/2011 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
covers well
can be used as a foundation
doesn't oxidize
good color selection
classy design

cons:
can "stick" so my undereyes will droop, and I will blink a lot and feel tired
pump makes sure that you get a LOT more product than necessarily needed

Video Reviews & Tutorials

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer | First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin

Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer and Prep and Prime Highlighter Review by BeautynLifewSue

Top Rated MAC Products