August 28, 2014 | 990 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2010 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

Coverage is ok, a bit difficult to blend as it dries quite fast, and the pump is difficult to control (I want just a tiny drop, but the pump is so hard, by the time I put enough strength to move the pump, a big glob comes up too). But it is still a good concealer. My biggest issue is however (hence 1 lippie off) the color. I have the Moisture select concealer also in NW25. The Pro Longwear NW25 is quite a lot darker than the Moisture select one !! So when I have it on, it is very obvious that the color is too orange for me. :( I do not understand why the same color code is used when it is so obviously not the same color between other foundation and concealer products. So my recommendation wud be, if you are NW25, get the NW20 instead for this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2010 10:11:00 AM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been testing this concealer for a week now and I have some to some conclusions.
1- It covers excellent, I do not have severe undereye but I do have some shadows and slight bags after a long night and this does a great job at masking that and it does stay all day.
2- It is a bit drying so you can try mixing it with a little bit of tinted moisturizer if you have dry skin
3- Brushes suck for this product, I've tried all 3 of my concealer brushes including the 190, 194 & 224 which have all worked in the past. For this concealer it's fingers or nothing for me. The warmth of your hands helps the product blend much eaiser to your skin, works much better and left better results.
4- You have to get used to it. After using cream and solid concealers (my favorite being the Select Cover up or the Sculpt) I had to get used to this new liquid form. It took a few times of seriously considering returning the product and just sticking it out. Now I have to say I love it.
5- They need to do something about this pump from hell, I took off on packing for that reason. I may not see the impact now but I can assure you once I get towards the bottom of the product it's going to be hell attempting to get the product out. I hate it.
6- I do not need to seal this concealer with my finishing powder, it leaves a smooth finish, always a plus for me.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by rovo9774

Purchased in every other # of NW after swatching/sampling in-store. Packaging is SUPER sanitary. Product allows for a fair amount of play-time before setting...and, it will not budge. First field study was a big wedding (Bride, 7 Bridesmaids, Mother, Grandmother, and Mother in-Law). Client could have done without me for the rest of the day (Did I mention hot humid late summer wedding and reception...outdoors?) since this detail did not require any touch-up...but, I kept my MUA retainer fees. How else would I have afforded the trip back to MAC Union to get the rest of the shades? Gotta have all options for future Clients!!!

=o)

Happy Beautifying, Y'All!

XO-XO,
RO-VO

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by cowartgirl

I wish this worked on me. It wouldn't even cover a 'not so bad' blemish spot. Drying & not much coverage. Will be returning after only one use.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by marielle78

I love this concealer. This is the first concealer that has ever lasted all day with no creasing. I am somewhere between NC45 and NC50 and I bought the concealer in NW40. The red undertones in the concealer counteract the the dark circles under my eyes perfectly. I will be buying this again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2010 6:22:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't think I can add any more praise to this fantastic and awesome concealer that hasn't already been said. The claims MAC's states about this concealer being long wearing, comfortable, lightweight, and providing medium to full coverage are true. I'm impressed that I only require one layer of a minuscule amount of product to conceal my under eye circles. Other concealers I love and use I require far more product and often have to layer. This concealer stays in place and doesn't crease, oxidize, migrate, or fade during the day. Super impressed by the actual product, but hate the wasteful dispensing pump. I actually transferred the full bottle into a travel size jar (like the sample size jars MAC provides) to avoid any more waste. The jar works well and is way more convenient, plus no waste.
For reference I purchased NW15 and can wear either NC15 or NW15 foundations depending on the formula. I do have the Pro Longwear Foundation in NC15 that pairs beautifully and naturally with the NW15 concealer for my complexion and needs.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Erissa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, Love, Love!! this concealer. I've been using it just over a week now, and at last I have found something to cover my awful hereditary black undereye circles. It goes on like a second skin, blends out completely, and staying power is brilliant. Never have to touch up at work any more as it does last 12hrs.
I also use it to cover darker areas around the chin and make a tinted moisturizer from excess, which works beutifully to even out skin tone. So excess out of stiff pump is not an issue. Would be even better as everyone has said if the pump was not so stiff. I use NW35 and will defo be a staple in my daily routine. So pleased its going to be a permanent line, else I would be stocking up big time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by shill822

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been searching for a good concealer to help cover up a slight case of melasma and I believe I have found it. I was color matched for this at a MAC store with NW20. After the MUA applied this and I looked in the mirror, I was so pleased to see the patches of freckles were disguised and barely noticeable. She did apply it under my eyes which helped to brighten them up, however and this is my only complaint thus far is that it does settle a bit in my fine lines. I am hoping that with a lighter application under the eyes, it will settle less. I do agree with other reviews that the pump is a pain and wastes product but in spite of that, I will definitely purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by dirtyrat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well for starters I was sure I had already found my HG concealer (MAC select coverup nw20) and wasn't even looking to purchase another - until I went into MAC and wanted to try on foundation. I used a wipe to take off all of my makeup and commented to the m/u/a that it had better be some miracle foundation to cover my dark circles and zits. She used this on my under eye and blemishes and i was really pleased with the coverage and how easily it glided under eye without looking cakey or accentuating the fine lines under my eyes. nw20 is a perfect match for me :) this is my new HG .

of course i have to mention how much i hate the silly pump - they sell the pump xtra with foundation- why not do the same for concealer?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 10:48:00 PM More reviews by chikky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice formula for the concealer, I don't have to apply much to cover my dark circles & dark areas around the mouth & blemishes. And lasts all day with only a little separation.

I wanted be different & like the packaging but it's true; THE PUMP WASTES THE PRODUCT. I only need a tiny amount (size of a fairy bread dot) & I try to pump softly with so much effort but half a pea size comes out, I'm spewing about the waste.

I've worth buying but I hate the packaging. MAC should repackage it as same bottle as the Select Conceler (the tube).