MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 5/7/2011 12:09:00 AM

Over all, this is a really good quality product.

Pros: LONG lasting
Brightens up eye area
Doesn't rub/fade during the day
Naturally looking
Cons: Pumps out too much
It doesn't really cover up pimples that well, it's better for under eyes
If you put the concealer near your jawline, it appears orange through out the day - but that's just be, it may not happen to you.

But over all, yes, this product is amazing, and I only use it for under eyes circle, because I have them really bad, and this covers them really well, with a natural finish!

on 4/28/2011 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really love this concealer. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is that I don't care for the packaging. The pump is nice, but I always waste product since its very difficult to control how much comes out. I also dropped one and it hit my cabinet just right and the glass shattered :(
I use this product to cover the redness on my cheeks, chin, and nose. I do not care for it as an undereye concealer though. I used to use Bobbi Brown's touchup stick, but this works so much better and lasts all day.

on 4/25/2011 10:48:00 AM

I love this concealer, because it is so long lasting as it promises to be. The packaging isn't great, although it has a little pump. I find that you can't control how much product you get out of it. I would repurchase this product again. I use it on my eyelids and on my under eye circles. Doesn't make my eyelids oily at all.

on 4/24/2011 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Pros:
-long lasting, on me about 10-12 hours
-no creasing, no fading
-a very little goes a long way
-covers pores, redness, acne completely and naturally
-brightens undereyes

Cons:
-can be a tad heavy under eye, a moisturizer is a must
-sets quickly must blend immediately
-pump releases way too much product

This is perfection in a bottle, but the bottle really sucks! Although there are cons to this products, they are all fixable and not enough to ever make me stop using this product. I have extremely oily skin and currently use the Prolongwear foundation. I use this concelear over my t-zone on top of foundation and it's the only way I will not be oily. Will definitely repurchase!

on 4/24/2011 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This would've been a perfect product if they offered NC25. NW25 was too orange and the shade after was too dark. I really liked the formulation though. I'd only repurchase if they offered NC25.

on 4/23/2011 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

love!! i love this concealer. the mac makeup artist applied this in one shade lighter under my eyes with a 217 brush and i looked like i had a good 9 hours of sleep. it's supposed to be a 12 hour product and it does seem very long wearing and consistent. i wore it to the gym this morning with no other makeup and my eyes were still bright after profusely sweating. i love the mac pot concealers for covering blemishes and making my brows pop i found the tube to be pretty sheer almost watery and not as useful for concealing but okay for the brow area. i think the moisturecover concealer (in the tube with a sponge applicator) is the one they used to promote for the under eye area but it was almsot too creamy for me and the applicator doesn't make it go on nearly as nice as the 217 brush. the pro longwear is the perfect consistency for under eye concealing and since it's best applied with a brush for how i'm using it i don't care that it doesn't have an applicator. unlike some of the other reviews i read after i already bought the product i was able to pump out just a tiny bit on the back of my hand and have no excess. it took a few tries before i figured out what that amount was for me. i do wish i could unscrew the cap if i wanted to. anyway, i'll say it again, this is my favorite undereye concealer. i have a feeling i'll be wearing it every day.

***update 5/8/11*** taking off one lippie because even with my best efforts i do squirt out 2 to 3 times more than i need that just gets wasted and you can't put it back in the bottle. product still works great but the waste bothers me.

on 4/22/2011 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best MAC concealer I have tried. I only need a small amount. And although it does not completely cover my dark eye circles it does a much better job then Select Cover-Up and Select Moisturecover. It's easier to use and looks more natural. I will repurchase.

on 4/13/2011 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

BEST CONCEALER I HAVE EVER USED, but for a strange reason. Yes, it conceals. In fact, it conceals my under eye area so well, that I (and my mother) look like we got botox! It is insane how youthful and smooth this concealer makes your over-all skin look. However, just to name a few downsides- it kind of smells, feels and dries like paint (which I guess is why it lasts so long) and the packaging sucks. BUT I figured out a way to make less come out, put your index finger on the pump and put your thumb on the tube thing as if your blocking the pump, then enough should come out :)
best concealer ever, if you can deal with the quick dying effect and packaging.
LOVE IT!

on 4/11/2011 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

Good concealer for under eye darkness. It didn't get five out five, because I have to layer it (let it dry, layer, repeat) to get the desired coverage.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I found this product to be very disappointing, which I know I am in the minority with this opinion. This concealer did not cover my imperfections very well at all. I have a few acne scars and when I have insomnia kick in I used it for the bags under my eyes. The concealer had a grey undertone to it when it dried and it just didn't look right on me. I love the pro longwear foundation, so it surprised me that the concealer formula did not work for me. This is probably one of my least favorite concealers I have ever tried. I also found the pump released too much product to use in one sitting.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer and Prep and Prime Highlighter Review by BeautynLifewSue

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer | First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin