July 24, 2014 | 1816 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by gandydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you have sensitive eyes, you might want to ask for a sample to try this at home before deciding whether to buy. This makes my uber-sensitive eyes sting and water, even though the product stays beneath my eyes, of course. Nothing else in my routine changed and my brushes were impeccably clean. To be sure this was the problem, the next morning I applied a little of this alone beneath my eyes and waited. Within 15-20 minutes the stinging returned and when I removed the concealer the irritation began to subside almost immediately.

But if this does not bother your eyes, it's a good concealer, but not a great one. I've had dark circles since birth and this covers to a degree but not completely. It's a thick formula, best applied by patting, either with a concealer brush or the ring finger.

The best aspect of this is the many shades available. I am NW25 and the match was bang-on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by marippe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

bought this along w/ the pro longwear foundation (nc15), and i LOVE it! the best concealer i've ever used. one pump covers all of my imperfections and dark circles, and evens out the redness in my sensitive skin. i'm glad i finally gave mac face products a try.. now i'm a fan for life!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by iLeztmOmmy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this concealer! i think its wayyy kind of likestudio finish. i agree w/most reviewers a lot of product does come out w/just 1 pump, but since i usually just u a tinted moisturizer (havent found the right foundation for my dry skin =(...) i use the concealer on 1st as a foundation & it DOES stay on! i really like it, will buy it again & i love the glass bottle, BUT i dont like that its drys sOO fast...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by butterflylcsw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is great! Looks natural, covers well, stays put. The only con is that the pump always pumps out too much. *edit: I exchanged this for a different shade, and the new bottle does not pump out too much if you're careful. So, maybe that's been fixed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by katy24

5 stars all the way!!! I have this in NW20&one pump easily covers my undereye circles as well as any other little areas that need it.The SA at MAC was very helpful because I am NC25 for the foundation,she explained that for the blue toned undereye circles I should try a cooler NW shade that is slightly lighter.Totally works for me!!!!!I also bought the 130 stipling brush for applying both foundation&concealer which I absolutely love! It is a tiny little gem,everything the 187 is not.I could never get the 187 to work for me in applying foundation, but as I said this 130 stipples perfectly.I now use the 187 for bronzer which is fine at least I found a use for it!As for the concealer-it does not crease or disintegrate all day.It comes off when I take it off! What more could you ask for?

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2010 10:04:00 AM More reviews by HarleyChick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this to cover melasma. So far it's working well, although I was surprised at the small size of the bottle. It reminds me of ColorStay Foundation on a massive dose of steroids. Thought I was NC35, but it's a wee bit orange on me. Still, I plan to repurchase, maybe in the 30, b/c it is much longer lasting than the Studio Finish concealer on my normal cheeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2010 2:30:00 AM More reviews by yangdly

I have been looking for a concealer to hide my under eye circles for a long time now. I've tried just about everything from Dior to Lancome to Fresh to Amazing Cosmetics to Benefit (just to name a few), and was about to give up until I came across this. Omg, this is THE best concealer ever in my opinion! It blends well, conceals well, doesn't cake or accentuate my fine lines. The overall effect is just very natural. I think my search is finally over. I do agree with all the other reviewers though on the packaging. The glass bottle and pump are very cute; however, it dispenses just way too much product and I really hate to waste it. I love the idea of using a sample container. Will have to pick up one..

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by SareenaS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have such a hard time finding good undereye concealers...I have been cursed with hereditary dark circles and so far the best concealer that covers my dark circles and looks natural is Select Cover Up in NW30. When I heard about prolongwear concealer...I had to get a sample and try it since I'm always searching for my HG concealer. I'm the same shade in prolongwear and it works just as well as Select Cover Up, if not better. I find it is more opaque, looks more natural and lasts all day! I cant comment on the pump since I only got a sample but using it with a brush or my finger...a little goes a long way! After applying the concealer, I set it with blot powder and apply my foundation. I'm not sure if this is my HG concealer just yet but its definitely up there. I will be purchasing the full size bottle and if its true about the pump dispensing too much product...just get a sample container from MAC and put some in there, you'll have more control of the product that way!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 12:05:00 PM More reviews by missnat521

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this concealer. Like other reviewers, I do not like how the pump is designed to give out such a large amount of product at once. Hopefully this will be improved. I do love the coverage it gives and it goes wonderfully with the Pro Longwear foundation. I was trying to figure out what the scent of this product reminded me of, and I thought of it today - liquid paper or white out. The scent is only strong when it's wet, and fades as it dries, so it's not really bothersome. Overall, I love this concealer and am so glad to have found something that really works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 3:45:00 AM More reviews by soleole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I might have found THE concealer I was looking for and was starting to think didn't exist.
My main concerns: CREASING and fading. I have natural creasing under my eyes and every. single. concealer. creases like mad in like, half an hour. grrrrr. This baby doesn't crease even after 10hrs! it looks very natural too, and I don't even need to set it powder. I don't know about this gray cast that people have mentioned cause I have it in NC20 and it's a great colour, I've compared it to my Select Cover Up in NC20 and they're the exact same colour. The consistency is great, a bit thicker than Select, and the package is great, yes a bit too much comes out but by the time I've camouflaged all of my flaws, I usually used up the one pump. It is very long lasting, and thus it will be slightly drying so make sure to moisturise, although I use eye cream at night anyway so I haven't had any problems with this, it really does look natural on me.
So overall, unless it starts breaking me out (which it doesn't, by the way) I will keep rebuying, although I'm sure this little bottle is going to last me ages! :-)

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No