September 23, 2014 | 1738 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by rachelanneb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for 4 months with great results. Better than great results, I never want to live without my Mia!

For some background, I am 29 and have acne prone normal to dry skin. Through my teens into my mid 20s I had great skin. I mean, compliments from friends and random strangers alike. Then I hit 27 and my skin went berserk with acne and eczema. I tried multiple dermatologists and multiple treatment courses. Then I started using a clindamycin/benzoyl peroxide nightly treatment which worked wonders on my acne. But I still had regular breakouts and my skin was left dry and riddled with acne marks. I had purchased the Sonicare toothbrush earlier that year and loved it (still do)- and along with the reviews here I had really high hopes. My hopes were exceeded.

I started using the Mia w/ the sensitive brush head nightly and lit-er-ally DIED when I saw the results. From first application it looked like I just got a expensive facial. Then the real love ensued....my mild acne went away altogether. My acne scarring has faded and my pores appear smaller and aren't clogged. Thank you Mia for giving me my old skin back!!

USE: nightly with cheapo Olay Gentle Foaming Face Wash with Aloe, sensitive brush head. no other exfoliation or scrubs needed.

TIPS: If you are traveling be sure to dry the brush head before putting the cap on and throwing it in your travel bag- otherwise the brush head will get musty (but nothing a hot soapy wash won't fix).
If you use daily self tanner for your face, then you may want to switch to the next darker shade because of the exfoliating properties- but you're pretty much guaranteed a streak free tan with so much daily exfoliation.
Also, I haven't experienced broken caps myself, but have read that many others have..just a word of caution.

PROS:
reduced acne
helped with acne scarring
seemed to help reduce my fine smile lines and forehead wrinkles
unclogs pores
plumped up my skin (because it's a greater product primer)
negates the need for expensive/abrasive exfoliators (reducing overall beauty budget)
negates the need for occasional facials (also reducing overall beauty budget)

CONS:
price, but I was able to find a good coupon on skinterra.com and I see deals on the Mia all the time bringing the cost down closer to $100.
I dealt with some minor purging during the first 2 weeks, but that quickly stopped.

QUESTION: What is my final ruling on the Clarisonic Mia?
FACT: I am in love with my Mia and my glowy skin.

19 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by pimkie33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love my pink MIA!! I did alot of research on this before I bought it. I wanna to make sure that if I invested $150 that it would be worth every penny. This cleans your face really good. It removes all my makeup and dirt off my face. Its small and cute. I'm very glad that I purchased it. I was going back and forth on whether I buy it or not because of the price. But I can honestly say that its worth it though. I use it at night before I go to bed. I did break out alittle on my right cheek but but I figured that was because of the dirt underneath the skin that was coming out, which makes sense to me. My skin is so smooth and feels so clean after I use it. I use Philosphy Purity, Exfoliating Scub and the Murad Clarifying Face Wash. A very good investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by fahzybear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow this thing works great. It cleans out the blackheads on my nose very well. Luckily I found this on craigslist for $85. Definitely a daily thing I added to my skin care routine.

Update: Been using it for 3 months or so now. I've always had really great/smooth skin but my problem was that I could get big pimples here and there. Made even MORE obvious by the fact that my skin is fair and is very clear. After using my clairsonic once a day (in the shower at night) I noticed that I have pretty much stopped getting any pimples at all!!! It is amazing. I would definitely buy this product again if I had to. I was very skeptical at first but I LOVE THIS THING!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by lleux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This skin brush is unparalleled. I seriously don't think any of the knockoffs, nor the manually used plastic sticks with brushes on the end will come close to it.

It didn't break me out when I first started using it, but it did show a dramatic difference in my skin by the second day I had used it. There is nothing like this product. It has so many benefits and it is so amazing for people with blemish-prone skin. Before using this, I remove any makeup or products on my face with a Pond's towelette or the like, then use the brush. I don't want the brush to stain, even though I plan on replacing it soon. I've used a variety of cleansers with this and they've all worked nicely. I have noticed a huge improvement in my skin since using this and I'd recommend it to anyone who's hesitant to spend the money on it. It's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Shabby413

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Both of my teens received the MIA for Christmas last year and couldn't be happier with it. The love how smooth and clean their skin is after using it. Would highly recommend to teens.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 9:47:00 PM More reviews by slimchicklovesMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had the original Clarisonic and hated it!!! I returned it and vowed to stick with my manual face brush from Sephora. A little while later the Mia arrived and I figured it was just a smaller version of the product / tool that I returned. I was so wrong. The original Clarisonic was too big and bulky and it didn't seem to do much. The Mia is very different to me. It's easier to hold and I can feel the vibrations and movement of the brush head. I never felt this with the full size. I also could honestly tell a difference in my skin texture after the first use. It wAs like I had never cleansed my face before. It deep cleaned my pores and my skin felt fresh and renewed. I have been using this for a little over a month now and I have seen a drastic improvement in my skin tone and my pores are much less visible. I can go without m/u now and when I do, I only use a little concealer and powder. This is one of the best investments I have ever made for my skincare. I choose buy again, but I hope to only replace the brush heads.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 10:20:00 AM More reviews by teal116

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great cleansing brush - I've been using it for about 8 months now and it really gets my skin really clean. I have not had any breakouts/blemishs in using the Mia. I haven't tried the cleanser it comes with; I just use my own cleanser - but it really gets all the makeup off. I normally use a makeup wipe to first get the makeup off (atleast the easy stuff) and then I go over it with the Mia to remove all the last traces of makeup. I know it's a bit pricey - but it does eliminate the need of an exfoliator! I also did a review on youtube under the channel "beautySuite".

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by rhymingrealtor

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have only had this for about 2 weeks and I just recieved my gentle brushes. I have rosacea that has not improved since I was first diagnosed 13 years ago, I had rosacea many years before diagnosis - I thought is was acne and treated it accordingly - Bad Idea.
I would go to derms and not go for various reasons, no insurance, inadequate insurance etc. I recently got a new job with great insurance and thought well at this age (50) lets see if I can do something - she gave me very expensive anti-biotics , very expensive topicals and told me to come back in a month - I did - no improvement what so ever! She than gave me a even more expensive anti- biotic, and a 300.00 bottle of face wash, We are talking a total of over $1000.00 worth of crap! Yes my insurance paid but seriously? This was recommend to me by a friend in the spring who looked fantastic when I saw her + she had always had cystic acne and terrible scarring. I came here read the reveiws and decided to splurge - I can't believe how much better my skin feels and in turn though I am still having the same amount of breakouts they are less red , go away after 1 day and the texture of my skin has made it easier to cover what I have now. Both the sensitive and the gentle are great for my skin - Rosaceans are never never supposed to be able to scrub their skin, but this is incredibly gentle. My face feels as it did when I was 20 years old, I think the look will just get better as the marks fade. I had a patch on my cheek of redness and bumps since the spring. It is gone now. I cancelled my appt with the derm if I had the patience to wait in the office I would have kept it just to show her.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by misscelena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I broke out terribly after the first week of using this, but that's normal since it brings all the dirt to the surface. After the first few weeks, I did see a significant improvement in my acne. It prevents quite a few blemishes from surfacing. It's a bit pricey, but it's totally worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Nokomi

This is a nice way to get your skin very clean, but nothing more. I found just using cleanser on a baby wash cloth to be almost as effective.
It has made my skin more smooth and clear. However I'm not sure if it's worth the price.
If you're debating trying this, try the baby wash cloths. They really work well!