BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 6/3/2009 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This really is the HG of bronzers. It's matte and is the most natural looking bronzer I've ever used - you just look naturally tan. I LOVE it, and didn't realize how perfect this was until I tried The Balm's bronzer. Doesn't even come close.

on 5/31/2009 10:02:00 AM

I've been using Hoola for close to 5 years now and I still love it. It's truly the ONLY bronzer that gives me a natural, tan glow without looking fake, shimmery, orange, or muddy. It's also ideal to use for contouring because it's matte.
Since a little goes a very long way, I have no issues with the price - one Hoola has lasted me 3 1/2 years of daily use.
The packaging could stand to be improved to be made less bulky and a bit sturdier & the brush that comes with it is useless, but all in all, this is THE bronzer to get for ALL skin types. I've used this on myself, and on a number of different models as well - it hasn't disappointed me yet.

on 5/30/2009 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE this color. It shouldn't be so hard to find a brown-based matte bronzer but everything is either too shimmery or orange or both. My HG bronzer is Nars Laguna and I love it not just for the perfect brown color but because its shimmer is subtle enough that I can live with it. I've loved Hoola for a long time but I never wanted to buy it because the packaging SUCKS. It's just so impractical. If I'm going to pay $30 for anything, I do not want cardboard. I would've preferred a traditional bronzer compact. I can't get a very good application with the little brush and I've already invested in good quality bronzer brushes so I tossed it out right away. I know that the packaging is in line with Benefit's look and philosophy but it needs to go. Hoola is probably the only matte brown-based bronzer that I've come across. Gorgeous and definitely sharing HG status with Laguna. By the way, Hoola is blessedly fragrance-free.

on 5/26/2009 1:54:00 PM

I am reaching the bottom of my first box of Hoola and I LOVE it. It gives me color without looking shimmery. I do find applying with my Benefit fantail brush gives me the best application because I dont need too much color. Great product for the price.... $28 and I have had mine for over a year. Will buy again!!!!

on 5/23/2009 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this bronzer. It's foolproof as others have said. You just need a little bit, I am pretty fair (nc15) so that is the case for me. The packaging is cute, but not very practical, I would be careful with this since I think it could break easily. I don't use the brush, but keep it in there with the plastic part. And I think this will last forever, so the price isn't too bad for what you get.

on 5/23/2009 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product because I wanted a matte bronzer. Its great for everyday use especially when Im in a hurry because its basically foolproof. It just makes my face glow Id repurchase in a heartbeat if it ever runs out.

on 5/21/2009 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Nice product, I must say. The matte finish makes you look naturally sunkissed without any disturbing glittery effect(nor the orangey one). Packaging is nice though unpractical.

on 5/16/2009 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love love love this product. Gives you a nice bronze tone without the glitter or the orange. The brush it comes with is a joke and you should really use the fan brush that Benefit sells as it won't apply so much product or it might look like dirt.

on 5/12/2009 1:57:00 PM

the perfect bronzer for me. its matte - which is essential if using bronzer to contour and for a natural look, your face doesn't get glittery when you get some sun!

i am extremely fair, and with a light hand this bronzer works wonders on me. i use either the mac 187 stippling brush or the benefit fan brush - depending on what i have around to give myself a light glow!

i also love that this powder is build-able. which means it works on me (and currently even mac nw15 looks too dark on me) but also works on people with darker complexions. just have to make sure if you are very fair, that you use a light light hand!

on 5/10/2009 7:47:00 AM

After being severely let down my Nars Laguna (pure mud on your face after 2 hours, YUCK!) I decided to invest in this product. I have seen it on Benefit counters, but never committed to buy. The colour is a pure matte brown, no shimmer, and is a real true brown shade - no orange!! I bit the bullet and bought this after hating how muddy my face was looking with Nars, and oh my, I am so annoyed i didn't try this sooner!! It gives me a gorgeous sun-kissed look, which looks so natural! The colour is a very true brown, which really suits my skin tone! The little brush it comes with is quite handy for really getting the cheekbones too, but i mostly apply this with my Mac 134 brush. All in all, great product!

Popular Bronzers