BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

first off, let me say that i HATE the packaging and brush. the huge box takes up too much room in my makeup bag and the brush was useless. however....i love the bronzer itself! i searched long and hard to find a matte brown bronzer with no shimmer whatsoever, and no red tones. this is a great bronzer, contour powder, and looks great on my fairest of friends!

I've been curious and interested in Hoola for a couple of years, but I was never willing to shell out nearly $40 for a bronzer. That's Canadian dollars btw, which is a ripoff seeing how it only costs $28USD *herumph*. Luckily I found it on Ebay last month for $25 so I was quite alright with that. Now that I have it, I think this bronzer is almost priceless. I love the natural brown colour--- it's exactly the colour that I tan. No fake orange/peachyness. There's no shimmer either, HURRAY! It's not exactly the easiest product to work with though. You have to be sure your skin is nicely exfoliated, moisturized and matte before application because if you don't blend properly, your skin will look muddy/dirty and patchy. I love to use this as contour and I highly recommend you give this a try if you're remotely curious, it really is worth all the buzz it gets. I'm now thinking of getting Dallas as well as a contour/blush...hmm.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

all the reviews i read about this product were really good,however you have to actually use it to see how brilliant this product is,im a makeup junkie n have tried all the brands nars,chanel,mac but nohing comes close to this bronzer it blends soo well, n looks completely natural.LOVE the fact that it has no glitter,its excellent for contouring

great product. i like how it's matte so it makes contouring really natural and beautiful. also, its the perfect brown color and it doesn't look muddy on my skin =)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

My favourite bronzer. All other bronzers look too orange, shimmery or dirty on my tan NC40 skintone. This one looks natural and I get many comments on how nice it looks. It is flat, but what do you expect with a matte bronzer? I personally use this all over my face, applying with my 187 brush. I don't need foundation or anything. This makes my face look tanned and natural.

Packaging sucks and the price is ridiculous, but my box has lasted me 3 years with frequent usage. Only thing I don't like is that it doesn't really blend that well.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

As with pinchopeach's review below, I found the colour was strangely flat on me and looked a bit ordinary although I could still use it OK. Such a pity as almost everything else about it is good - colour (no red/orange undertones), pigmentation, soft texture, and matteness. The packaging is inconvenient and would be better as a mirror compact. The brush is softer than it looks, and if it wasn't the shape that it was, it might be OK to use although it sheds a lot. This is a really good bronzer though and I'm disappointed it didn't suit me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This has always been my favorite bronzer. I've even recommended it to a random stranger in Sephora when I overheard her asking a sales associate for a non-sparkly, non-orange bronzer and this one wasn't mentioned. I love the fact that it's matte, I've had bad experiences with shimmer in bronzers. My only complaint is that I once made the mistake (yes, mistake) of wearing this after being sick and missing a week of work...my co-workers thought I looked like I'd been on vacation when I'd really spent a week on the couch hacking up a lung. I hate the cardboard box packaging. I'd prefer a slimmer plastic compact, but I deal with it because I love this product so much.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

if I ever need that extra boost to my face, I will usually pull Hoola out of my makeup drawer.The thing that I love about it that it is a bronzer and you can use it as a contour as well. What I also like about it is that it doesn't have any shimmer or sparkles in it..which shimmer makes my face look very dewy & cakey later in the day since I have extremely oily, oily skin. I gave it a point off, just because a little goes a long way! If I put toooo much on, it ends up looking very fake, and a little bit "orangy" as when the day goes by. This may be because I have a very oily complexion, so nothing stays on my face at the end of the day. I will deff. buy this bronzer again. It is worth it! looks gOrgeous w/ Benefits "10" ! <3

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

for my yellow undertone skin, this bronzer is too flat brown for me. the box it's in sucks too!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my first review and I am glad it is the Benefit Hoola bronzer! This is HG material for me!! Love this bronzer more than my NARS laguna. This is the perfect MATTE bronzer if u are looking for one. There aren't that many matte bronzers that you can find out there especially ones that look great on olive skintones (FYI: I am an NC 25/30 in MAC for comparison). This is definitely more on the brown side which is good for contouring your face. If your on the look out for a great matte bronzer that won't make your face look orange...give this a shot. It is pretty expensive being $28 but the other matte ones are just about the same price. I personally don't like the Benefit "box" packaging but willing to over look it for the product inside.

Popular Bronzers