November 26, 2014 | 1735 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Cali77

This bronzer is FABULOUS! It is light, and gives you a warm glow look. It looks very natural not orange at all!! It is best applied with a fan brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 6:53:00 PM More reviews by waterchika

I love this bronzer, it isn't a shimmery bronzer so it doesn't look like you have glitter packed all over your face. It gives you a warm glow all over. It is easier to apply if you use a fan brush rather than a blush brush, using a blush brush can make your face look orange because it applies too much of the product. So I use my fan brush and it applies just the right amount of color to make it look natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2008 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Mateja

My perfect bronzer! As others have said its not orange or sparkly and when used properly and with a light hand it actually looks like I have a nice tan. Just be sure to use a different brush as the one provided is worthless in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2008 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Dana5489

This bronzer is great because its brown, not orangey and it looks natural. It lasts me a year with everyday use so you definitely get your money's worth. I really don't like the packaging, though. It comes in a little box with a rough little brush that's supposed to look like a hoola skirt or something. I just throw that away and use a normal bronzer brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2008 6:44:00 AM More reviews by Mirtilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you want faking a vacation, Hoola could be the product for you!! I got this beacuse I found it inside the Powder Pop palette. I'm so in love w/Hoola, it gives me that “something” I was looking for. The color applies well, but use a light hand (that trick will avoid the mess). Fun product overall: no shimmer and very cute packaging. In a few words, perfect if bronzing powder is your thing.
For reference: MAC NW25, Stila C and MUFE # 3 here.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2008 1:51:00 AM More reviews by XP0S3D

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this bronzer! This is a TRUE brown bronzer. No orange or red tones at all! It's a matte bronzer with zero shimmer, glitter, sparkles. The packaging is nice as it comes in it's little cute purple box with a brush. In my opinion, opt for a big face brush to apply this bronzer. The brush this bronzer comes with doesn't really apply that well. Also, use a LIGHT hand when applying this bronzer.

I do have to agree with a couple of reviews below that this bronzer won't look good as a blush for the cheeks, it'll look muddy. I normally apply this on my forehead, jawline, hairline. I also like to use this underneath my cheekbones slightly to create a contour. Then, I apply a blush or highlighter on top to top the effect.

Lighter skin toned people might want to try this bronzer out first before buying it. It's not a light bronzer, but it's one of the bronzers I've tried (along with Bare Escentuals' Faux Tan) that really gave the true color of a tan. The price is $28 now I believe...a little steep, so test it out before buying it!

For reference, I'm NC/C35 in MAC Studio Fix, Shade 207 in Make Up Forever's Duo Mat powder foundation and Olive Medium in Everyday Minerals.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2008 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I LOVE THIS BRONZER! The best bronzer i have EVER used! And i've tried so many. It's a perfect/realistic brown color...no nasty weird orange. Really compliments my complexion. No shimmer what so ever which i like (id rather use a seperate illuminizer or somethin' to get shimmer). I can layer it and it won't get guncky or dirty looking. I use this stuff everyday (HG status right here). The packaging is soooo cute and i actually use the little brush that comes with it every once in a while. Love it* will continue to buy as long as it's around (forever i hope).

UPDATE:: I have strayed a couple of times but this bronzer is an A-lister all the way. It is just PERFECT!!! Run and get this ladies!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by candy_hunter

This is a great daytime bronzer for me because unlike other bronzers, it doesn't have shimmer. Makes my skin look nice and healthy. I find the brush included quite easy to use. For nighttime, I'd prefer a shimmery bronzer like Laura Mercier's Golden Mosaic.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2008 9:13:00 AM More reviews by CrystalBaby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this a while ago and ditched it in favor of Mac bronzing powder in golden. However, after doing a clear out, I rediscovered it and decided to give it a whirl. This is not the type of bronzer that you can use on your cheeks like a blusher. It make them look muddy. I find the best thing to do with this, is use big brush (i use mac 150, and it fits in the box fine) pat off the excess and sweep lightly all over the face. If you do it this way, you'll end up with a subtle hint of color. I actually quite like the box, I know there isn't a mirror in it or anything, but its a bit different to other make-up packaging. Overall, I'd buy this again but I do think its a bit on the pricey side (like most Benefit stuff) :-)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2008 3:40:00 AM More reviews by drvogue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This just did not work at all. I must have been out of my mind when I bought this.

It was too dark and too matte for my skin, which is fair. It also didn't blend at all. No matter how light a hand I used, it looked like I had just rubbed my face in dirt.

On the upside: I love Benefit's packaging. Also, the brush it comes with is actually useable, which is a rarity, even with more expensive products.