Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really love this product!!! I use it everyday under my eyeshadow and it prevents any smudging, creasing, or fading. The formula is very similar to the Urban Decay Primer Potion, but with a bit more color. I have purchased this time and time again and really enjoy it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This stuff is great! I notice a marked difference in how long my eyeshadow stays put when I use this stuff. Before I started using this my eyeshadow would be gone by the end of the workday. Now, it is 15 hours later and my eyeshadow is still pretty going strong. It also "grips" eyeshadow as it is applied, so it makes it easier to apply, less product is used, and the colors are much more vibrant.

I have noticed this tends to work better with lighter colors on my eyelids. When I use this with black or darker colors they tend to disappear faster.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really liked this product over the UDPP. To me, it stays on a lot longer and doesn't get greasy as much. I really l like the tube because I can control how much comes out. The wand was sort of a pain because I typically had too much. The only slightly down side is that because it is so good, it's hard to blend, so I always have to have a base eyeshadow so I can blend over it.

I love this! I use it every single day underneath my eyeshadow. It is a bit pricey, but it lasts forever, so I think it is absolutely worth it. It's super easy to blend, it's not greasy, makes my eyeshadow stay put longer, and the squeeze-out tube means that you can get all of the product out, unlike the Urban Decay Primer Potion w/ the applicator. This is my favorite eyeshadow primer of all time.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I would choose this primer instead of my UDPP. It's more easy to blend over it, the colors are brighter and the packaging is a lot better.
The only downside: Within a year, Shadow Insurance wasn't working as good as at the beginning. Also, sometimes there is oil coming out from the tube. But I really love this primer since it's more easier to work with.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is actually my first eye-primer, but i do love this primer! it really 'seals' my eyeshadow, even when im using the black shadow! it also keeps my eyeliner from smudging, so sometimes i apply a little bit of this primer into my lower lid, and it saves my eyeliner from smudging for the entire day!

This has so far been the best primer I have used (packaging combined with price). It has great staying power. However, I have noticed for the summer and those days when you sweat a lot, unfortunately, the staying power definitely goes down. I would say if you have dry lids, like I do, this product will work great for you. However, if your lids tend to get greasy, I would say skip out on this one.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Absolutely love it. I have pretty oily eyelids so my eyeshadows would always crease and smudge, especially if I am wearing heavier makeup like going out at night. I hated how my eye makeup would go from being very pretty in the beginning of the night to a mess at the end, so I decided to get this primer after hearing the reviews from Youtube gurus. And I am so happy I bought it! Worth every penny paid for it, it keeps my eyeshadow from creasing and smudging all day long and allows for smoother application. I will repurchase it and definitely recommend it!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is a huge disappointment. First, I don't like the squeeze tube. I think it should have an applicator or a wand like UDPP. To apply this I had to squeeze some out on the back of my hand and apply it with an eyeshadow brush. Second, this made my eyes burn like crazy and tear up so badly that they ran down my face. On the plus side, my eyeshadow didn't budge, which is why I gave it two lippies. I cannot recommend this product.

I was torn between this and the Urban Decay primer potion, because they both had the same purpose and reviews and everything, except this packaging seemed more... easier to use, plus it was a dollar cheaper... lol isn't much of a difference but... what the heck, i'll try it.
So i was in NYC while i picked this up, and one morning i decided to use it just to try, it did apply smoothly, but kinda liquidy and greasy. but after i was all done with my shadows it was fine, so i forgot about that. When the day ended, i looked into the mirror thinking, wow, my shadow stayed on the whole day, forgetting that i used this product in the morning. I was really surprised that my shadow lasted through 100 degree weather, through all the sweat, through the pool (i didn't go under water), and through a quick shower. Then i remembered that i used this in the morning, and was pleased that it actually works!
So overall i'm happy with my purchase... it is quite expensive though, but... it seems like its gonna last a long time. =)

Oh and plus, the package was actually a lot bigger than i expected it to be.... so its not actually that tiny... lol thought i'd add