Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 6/12/2010 11:41:00 AM

Wow. I had always liked this product and used it throughout the fall/winter for keeping my shadows from creasing, but last night, I truly discovered it's magic. It was the first night of summer, and my best friend had a pool/hot tub party. I wasn't sure what type of eye makeup to wear, but I just put it on as normal, but with waterproof mascara. I usually put this on, then before it dries I put on a MAC Paint Pot, almost always Bare Study. Then I just brush on my favorite eyeshadow(s) that day. I did use eyeliner (Prestige Liquid), and I wasn't sure if that would run or not. So the entire night, we were jumping in the pool and sitting in the hot tub, for a good 3 hours. All my friend's makeup smeared and ran down their faces, but mine wouldn't budge! My eyes still looked flawless after 3 hours of swimming. I couldn't believe it! My friends could not stop commenting on how good it still looked, and they all asked what I used. It was amazing. I would DEFINITELY buy this for it's regular use, but be aware of it's summer use. I can't wait to use this all summer. Definitely will buy again. Love the packaging too, 10 times better than that stupid UDPP packaging.

on 6/12/2010 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

i used to use UDPP, but it dried/burned my skin so bad i couldnt keep with it. i got this and it works great! doesn't dry my skin at all. only problem is when i got it originally, if i tried to use some it would come out liquidy at first, but i find this happens with most people. you just have to shake it a bit. overall though, i love this!

on 6/12/2010 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love this stuff. I have extremely oily eyes and combined with some nice, quality eye shadow this will last all day and night! Plus you really only need a very little bit so even though you don't get a huge tube, it still has the potential to last a very long time! I usually apply it to my eyelids then wait about 20-30 seconds for it to dry before applying any eye make up. :)

on 6/11/2010 10:15:00 AM

I prefer shadow insurance over UDPP. For one, this tube lasts a long time with just a drop at a time needed. It blends well on the eye lid. I find it offers long lasting wear for eyeshadow without creasing. I can't say that I have ever truly noticed a whole lot of color "pop" with these primers (I'd rather use primer plus another emollient base for pop), but I think it does help. I like the tube as opposed to the wand. 100 times more value than UDPP.

on 6/11/2010 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The perfect eyelid primer to even, smooth, and help eyeshadow glides on effortlessly, crease-proof and lasting! ♥

on 6/9/2010 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

personally, i prefer this better than urban decay

better packaging too, i mean UDPP looks cute but this is more practical.

better grease-proof effect, nicer texture too. not sure if i will keep buying this but i won't say no.

on 6/9/2010 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I used this for a while before trying the UDPP. I think that the texture and finish of this is better for oily lids while UDPP is better for drier lids like mine as it is creamier. The pro for this is the tube. Other than that, the price and the amount are close to the same. Cons: It separates in the tube and you have to mix it to use it. It's harder for me to blend over compared to udpp. I have to use more of it to cover my lid. And finally, the main reason for the bad score....It irritates my eyes and lids like crazy!!! Itching, burning, redness, and dry patches are not attractive. I know for a fact it is this product that does it. Just wanted people to be aware that this is possible if you have really sensitive skin around your eyes. The udpp has never irritated me, so I'll stick with it.

on 6/9/2010 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wow!! I've been using Urban Decay's Primer Potion for years at the recommendation of MUA. I finally ran out again, and decided to try this instead on a whim. I've read in many reviews that UDPP is better suited for oily lids, and so I never really strayed. Let's just say I'm glad I've made the switch. My shadow blends MUCH more easily, the product goes on smoothly and dries quickly, and my shadow seems more vibrant. Haven't noticed any difference in staying power between the two. The packaging is just so much more sensible than UDPP. If you were hesistating on trying this, DON'T!

on 6/9/2010 12:00:00 PM

I love this so much more than UDPP. In my opinion this just works better, shadow lasts much longer. Add to that the fantastic packaging and I'll repuchase again & again & again.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Awesome stuff. Didn't know how much I really needed this until I went without it one day. It's on the pricier side, but I've had my tube for over a year and there's plenty left. The squeeze tube is great, because it lets you get every bit of product out, which is nice considering how much you're paying for it. The best part is that it actually works. My shadows never crease or fade and they always look vibrant from 6 in the morning to 10 at night. I have noticed the product separating, but it's not a big deal--it still works great.