November 27, 2014 | 1392 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2010 9:10:00 PM More reviews by roxannemelfina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

product worked for just over 12hrs on eyeshadow, but not at all on th liner, which ithink is because of the kind i chose, so im trying not to count that.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2010 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Missha

This product does what it needs to do, I have Asian eyelids and a deep crease. I also have very oily eyelids, without a primer after a few hours all the eyeshadow is in my crease. I work 12 hour shifts and this primer holds my eyeshadow and eyeliner in place all night. Even without eyeliner I would use this to keep my eyelids from getting too oily. Compared to Urban Decay I find that this does hold a little more product (in that less is wasted also due to packaging), its cheaper,, and easier to apply (without the wand). I just apply the product with my fingers. The only downside I find is that sometimes it comes out of the tube a little too oily(?). I dunno if its just my tube, but the product may just be mixed with a water/oily substance. I wait a little for the product to settle before applying any eyeshadow/eyeliner. I find that iff a certain area is more moist than another area that area will get more color than another area making the spread uneven and weird. But otherwise its a really good buy, a little goes a long way and I've had this one tube for over a year already. (I use it just about everyday).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by bsblove9

I have been using Urban Decay primer potion for about year now and I loved it but I heard that it wasted product. And I saw good reviews about Too Faced so I thought I'd try it. I love it so much so much more. With Urban Decay it made the product stay but it let it crease a little. With this stuff the product stays all day (and I work 12 hr shifts) but I have no creasing. I love it so much. And it is a little cheaper than Urban Decay so I think I will be sticking with this from now on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by PolkaDotGlam

What a great primer! It made my eyes look perfect through a 16 hour day of heat and humidity. I like to apply some on my lower lid too so the liner doesn't budge. I also like the tube better the UD's Primer Potion because you can get every bit out of there. It's a little expensive, but a tiny bit goes a long way and the tube will last a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2010 8:16:00 AM More reviews by ivyesp

it works.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 7:56:00 AM More reviews by lushjunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the BEST eyeshadow primer i have ever tried !
It evens out your skin and makes your eyeshadow pop and last all day long !
I am also a HUGE fan of the packaging because you can get all the product out of there ! And the squeeze-tube is also really hygenic i think !

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Vaudeville

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love everything about this product, couldn't live without it! It comes in a cute tube, has a cute name, keeps my shadows in place for 12 hours without any fading, is easy to apply and one tube lasts a long time. A HG for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by jesscvz

love this eye shadow primer. its my first on ever and in happy with it. its smooth and silky easy to get it out of the tube and isnt messy. it brings out the color of the eye shadows alot and it makes it easy to blend the colors together.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2010 3:26:00 AM More reviews by beib4u

I have extremely oil lids and find that even with eyeshadows from urban decay, clinique, revlon, etc i crease within 3 hours max. However, since using this primer last year I have had nooo problems with creasing. I will have a bare amount of creasing after 8 hours and that is with working at a restaurant with regular blasts of heat from the food.I have had my tube for that long and I still have 40% left! I only use a pin head drop amount for the both of my eyes and I find that this amount works the best for me, any more of that and I find that I crease faster, especially if I use a gel eyeliner after(Wet'n'wild creased like crazyyy if I overapply primer).I got this for 24 canadian including crazy 12% tax and for the amount of use I get with this, I think it is well worth it(24 for 18months ish of use? very cheap).

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by elloshort

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily eye lids, and thus, this product didn't last.

Without primer, my eye make-up is gone within an 1 hour. With Too Faced, my make up last for 2 hours, which simply isn't that much better.