October 24, 2014 | 889 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - 2000 Calorie Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2006 10:48:00 AM More reviews by beckie511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

What a ripoff is all I have to say. I was really excited about this one after all the good reviews I read about it, so I ran to Brooks and ended up scoring this on sale for 4 bucks!! I used it the next day, and to my dismay there is nothing "2000 calorie" about this at all. Yes, it made my lashes look ok, but no better then anything else, plus there was little if any noticeable volume. The only drugstore mascara that I have found that gives volume that is even worth a try is the L'oreal voluminous and even that one leaves smudges under the eyes at the end of the day (even in waterproof).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2006 1:26:00 PM More reviews by glossgal_01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the only Drugstore mascara I can get away with so far. It gives me thicker/fuller lashes and they don't look all dry and clumpy the way some other brands can. I'll use this one if I run out of my Lancome Definicils. When I was using this several yrs ago, I found it was even better than my Lancome one, but I think the formula might have changed slightly since it's just not quite as thickening as it used to be. But, it's still a great one. If I'm ever stuck without my Lancome, I'll grab this one. Sure beats the price too!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2006 5:54:00 AM More reviews by boogs77

This is the most superb mascara.I'm always buying high end mascaras because i get pulled in by the designer labels.But why do I when this wonderful mascara has always delivered?This mascara is a holy grail.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2006 7:45:00 PM More reviews by ohthatgirl

I've tried every high-end/low end mascara available and I always come back to 2000 Calorie and I wonder why I strayed in the first place. This mascara offers everything that I want and need but I always get greedy, wanting more but end up disappointed. 2000 Calorie gives me full, long, and natural looking lashes without muss, fuss or clumping. I normally stock up on this when CVS has a BOGOF or 1/2 off sale and will continue to rebuy...and come back to when all others fail.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2006 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Koshenka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I went ahead and tried this based on reviews here. I wasn't dissapointed.
This gives you really nice, full looking lashes. It's even cry-proof, no running. And I'm speaking of the non-waterproof formula!
But this stuff still comes off very easily, when you remove it at night.
Very good :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2006 2:07:00 AM More reviews by HillaryRich

I've tried Featherlash, Voluminous, Full N' Soft, Lash Exact, and just about everything else...nothing compares to Max Factor's 2000 Calorie. It makes lashes full, long, and natural looking. The bristles on the brush apply just the right amount of mascara, and the consistancy of the mascara is wonderful (not too runny, thick, or dry). If you curl your lashes, it maintains the curl. This is good stuff...you should try it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2006 4:38:00 PM More reviews by bonbonnie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Read the reviews on this and bought for my very straight, blonde lashes. I bought the waterproof brown-black and loooooooooove it! Doesnt smudge, feel too stiff, easily removed with makeup remover and more than anything, holds my curl the ENTIRE day!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2006 8:03:00 AM More reviews by glamrockgal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My fist 2000 calorie was great.But my last 2000 calori mascara was dry and doesnt help anything no volume nothing.thats why I miss the old-vintage edition of this mascara which was great.I love volume mascaras.But this does not help me anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2006 7:37:00 AM More reviews by limkgal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love Love LOVE this product - it's amazing, totally transforms my eylashes, make them thick glossy and FAT! this is my fave mascara - never fails to give me that wide eyed look, even after a night out on the tiles!!! Totally recommend it

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2006 11:18:00 PM More reviews by blondemommy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used to think this mascara was all right. But recently I have seen the light! I have switched to Cover Girl Lash Exact and I will NEVER be going back to 2000 Calorie. All 2000 Calorie did for me was cause me a headache by clumping crazy. I would end up with "tarantula" eyes everytime with this if I applied two coats. But if I only applied one coat, you could barely even tell I was wearing mascara (i.e.-no length, no thickness). There really was no happy medium. I HATE the applicator brush. When you dip it into the tube and pull it out, it doesn't feather the brush as it comes out. Instead, it leaves one massive clump of mascara on it. That is where the problem lies with this product. I definitely don't recommend this product.