Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara

on 6/25/2006 12:48:00 AM

I just bought this mascara today, along with the MF Stretch & Separate and Clear mascaras. I am Asian and was born with the curse of the single-eyelid. This means that on top of having no eyelashes to speak of, the few that would normally stick outward and upward on a double eyelided person instead are kind of pushed inward and droop downward. Not that you care to know, but basically, if anyone could really use a miracle mascara, it's me.

Anyway, so the mascara itself is of a pretty good consistency, I would say. It doesn't really noticeably fatten my eyelashes, but I think it lengthens them a little bit. The mascara I used to use was DiorShow. Of course, compared to that mascara, nothing really volumizes. But, for a drugstore brand, which is what I'm limited to at the moment, I would say that this mascara does the job. I ran a test by applying half my face with mascara (and other makeup) and half without. This mascara is effective enough that you can definitely tell which side of my face is made up. Also, no clumps or flaking, which I had to deal with with the DiorShow. continued >>

on 6/24/2006 2:45:00 PM

What happened? I remember 2000 Calorie as being a very good thickening mascara. It has been years since I used this product, as I nearly always stick with L'Oreal and Maybelline. I saw this on sale and decided to try it again -- and what a disappointment! It does build up my lashes nicely, although there is a tendency to clump. I was simply amazed at how much this macara smears, even more so than Maybelline's Great Lash. What happened to the formula? I suppose the waterproof version should be used, but those formulations are awfully hard on the lashes, so I would prefer not to use a waterproof mascara daily. Attention, cosmetic chemists: don't mess with a good thing! Sometimes the original formulations are really the best!

on 6/23/2006 3:50:00 PM

This is one of my favorite products of all time, and that it can be bought so cheaply at my local drugstore/supermarket is icing on the cake! I hope Max Factor never changes the formula! Even the brush is great! My eyes are sensitive and I wear contacts; and for the several years that I've used it (and probably bought dozens of tubes in that time)it has never let me down. It doesn't smudge, run, or irritate, and stays on until I remove it (with Lancome Bifacil). A Holy Grail product. Thanks, Max!!

on 6/16/2006 6:20:00 PM

I always come back to this product, even with the advent of the fun rubber brush mascaras by CG and Max Factor. This, combined with an eyelash curler, makes by lashes beautifully full, long, and defined. It does clump a bit after having it for a while, but an eyelash comb can help with that. I love the curved brush and thick bristles - perfect for volumizing and lengthening. I also have their Lash Perfection, which clumps quite a bit and leaves my lashes skinny and pointy. 2000 Calories has been my staple mascara since age 16 (9 years!) My fav tried and true mascara.

on 6/11/2006 5:31:00 AM

This mascara isn't that good, it clumps and I always get some mascara under my eyes when it is dry. Doesn't look so natural which is the look that I want.

This is a pretty good mascara, but nothing dramatic, just long thick lashes that still look natural. Maybe all mascaras make my short lashes look "normal". No clumps, cute packaging, dark smooth color...pretty good, but not great.

on 6/7/2006 10:15:00 AM

One of the only d/s mascaras worth buying. Cheap, no clumps, fat lashes, minor flaking at the end of the day. Doesnt dry lashes out, easy to remove, great brush.
This is one of the best mascaras ever made, and I have them up and down the price range and ALWAYS come right back to 2000 Calorie. I use the non-waterproof versions in black.

on 6/7/2006 8:59:00 AM

This mascara was okay. I didn't experience any clumping. But I didn't really experience any thickening either. Definitely not what one would expect from a mascara named "2000 Calorie." It coated my lashes nicely and gave me a basic, natural look. I'll use for days I don't feel like putting a full face on, but for more dramatic eyelashes, I'll stick w/ the best I've found so far: Diorshow.

on 6/2/2006 12:13:00 AM

Unfortunately my lashes are quite short,thin and sparse,but I've using this mascara in combination with Maybelline Lash Expansion Waterproof Mascara for quite some time and I'm really happy with the results!No smudging,smearing etc...Just full,black lashes!!I love it!!!

on 5/31/2006 3:49:00 PM

Another GREAT mascara. This mascara is very, very thickening but not goopy at all. It makes my lashes look very thick and made up. It also gives my lashes just enough curl. 1-2 swipes is great for daytime, 3-4 swipes is good for evening wear. I love how it almost looks as if I'm wearing false lashes, thick and lush and my lashes still feel soft, not stiff or sticky. I would buy this again.

Top Rated Max Factor Products