Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara

on 6/16/2006 6:20:00 PM

I always come back to this product, even with the advent of the fun rubber brush mascaras by CG and Max Factor. This, combined with an eyelash curler, makes by lashes beautifully full, long, and defined. It does clump a bit after having it for a while, but an eyelash comb can help with that. I love the curved brush and thick bristles - perfect for volumizing and lengthening. I also have their Lash Perfection, which clumps quite a bit and leaves my lashes skinny and pointy. 2000 Calories has been my staple mascara since age 16 (9 years!) My fav tried and true mascara.

on 6/11/2006 5:31:00 AM

This mascara isn't that good, it clumps and I always get some mascara under my eyes when it is dry. Doesn't look so natural which is the look that I want.

This is a pretty good mascara, but nothing dramatic, just long thick lashes that still look natural. Maybe all mascaras make my short lashes look "normal". No clumps, cute packaging, dark smooth color...pretty good, but not great.

on 6/7/2006 10:15:00 AM

One of the only d/s mascaras worth buying. Cheap, no clumps, fat lashes, minor flaking at the end of the day. Doesnt dry lashes out, easy to remove, great brush.
This is one of the best mascaras ever made, and I have them up and down the price range and ALWAYS come right back to 2000 Calorie. I use the non-waterproof versions in black.

on 6/7/2006 8:59:00 AM

This mascara was okay. I didn't experience any clumping. But I didn't really experience any thickening either. Definitely not what one would expect from a mascara named "2000 Calorie." It coated my lashes nicely and gave me a basic, natural look. I'll use for days I don't feel like putting a full face on, but for more dramatic eyelashes, I'll stick w/ the best I've found so far: Diorshow.

on 6/2/2006 12:13:00 AM

Unfortunately my lashes are quite short,thin and sparse,but I've using this mascara in combination with Maybelline Lash Expansion Waterproof Mascara for quite some time and I'm really happy with the results!No smudging,smearing etc...Just full,black lashes!!I love it!!!

on 5/31/2006 3:49:00 PM

Another GREAT mascara. This mascara is very, very thickening but not goopy at all. It makes my lashes look very thick and made up. It also gives my lashes just enough curl. 1-2 swipes is great for daytime, 3-4 swipes is good for evening wear. I love how it almost looks as if I'm wearing false lashes, thick and lush and my lashes still feel soft, not stiff or sticky. I would buy this again.

on 5/29/2006 10:48:00 AM

What a ripoff is all I have to say. I was really excited about this one after all the good reviews I read about it, so I ran to Brooks and ended up scoring this on sale for 4 bucks!! I used it the next day, and to my dismay there is nothing "2000 calorie" about this at all. Yes, it made my lashes look ok, but no better then anything else, plus there was little if any noticeable volume. The only drugstore mascara that I have found that gives volume that is even worth a try is the L'oreal voluminous and even that one leaves smudges under the eyes at the end of the day (even in waterproof).

on 5/28/2006 1:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is the only Drugstore mascara I can get away with so far. It gives me thicker/fuller lashes and they don't look all dry and clumpy the way some other brands can. I'll use this one if I run out of my Lancome Definicils. When I was using this several yrs ago, I found it was even better than my Lancome one, but I think the formula might have changed slightly since it's just not quite as thickening as it used to be. But, it's still a great one. If I'm ever stuck without my Lancome, I'll grab this one. Sure beats the price too!!

on 5/27/2006 5:54:00 AM

This is the most superb mascara.I'm always buying high end mascaras because i get pulled in by the designer labels.But why do I when this wonderful mascara has always delivered?This mascara is a holy grail.

Popular Mascaras