Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara

This is a pretty good mascara, but nothing dramatic, just long thick lashes that still look natural. Maybe all mascaras make my short lashes look "normal". No clumps, cute packaging, dark smooth color...pretty good, but not great.

on 6/7/2006 10:15:00 AM

One of the only d/s mascaras worth buying. Cheap, no clumps, fat lashes, minor flaking at the end of the day. Doesnt dry lashes out, easy to remove, great brush.
This is one of the best mascaras ever made, and I have them up and down the price range and ALWAYS come right back to 2000 Calorie. I use the non-waterproof versions in black.

on 6/7/2006 8:59:00 AM

This mascara was okay. I didn't experience any clumping. But I didn't really experience any thickening either. Definitely not what one would expect from a mascara named "2000 Calorie." It coated my lashes nicely and gave me a basic, natural look. I'll use for days I don't feel like putting a full face on, but for more dramatic eyelashes, I'll stick w/ the best I've found so far: Diorshow.

on 6/2/2006 12:13:00 AM

Unfortunately my lashes are quite short,thin and sparse,but I've using this mascara in combination with Maybelline Lash Expansion Waterproof Mascara for quite some time and I'm really happy with the results!No smudging,smearing etc...Just full,black lashes!!I love it!!!

on 5/31/2006 3:49:00 PM

Another GREAT mascara. This mascara is very, very thickening but not goopy at all. It makes my lashes look very thick and made up. It also gives my lashes just enough curl. 1-2 swipes is great for daytime, 3-4 swipes is good for evening wear. I love how it almost looks as if I'm wearing false lashes, thick and lush and my lashes still feel soft, not stiff or sticky. I would buy this again.

on 5/29/2006 10:48:00 AM

What a ripoff is all I have to say. I was really excited about this one after all the good reviews I read about it, so I ran to Brooks and ended up scoring this on sale for 4 bucks!! I used it the next day, and to my dismay there is nothing "2000 calorie" about this at all. Yes, it made my lashes look ok, but no better then anything else, plus there was little if any noticeable volume. The only drugstore mascara that I have found that gives volume that is even worth a try is the L'oreal voluminous and even that one leaves smudges under the eyes at the end of the day (even in waterproof).

on 5/28/2006 1:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is the only Drugstore mascara I can get away with so far. It gives me thicker/fuller lashes and they don't look all dry and clumpy the way some other brands can. I'll use this one if I run out of my Lancome Definicils. When I was using this several yrs ago, I found it was even better than my Lancome one, but I think the formula might have changed slightly since it's just not quite as thickening as it used to be. But, it's still a great one. If I'm ever stuck without my Lancome, I'll grab this one. Sure beats the price too!!

on 5/27/2006 5:54:00 AM

This is the most superb mascara.I'm always buying high end mascaras because i get pulled in by the designer labels.But why do I when this wonderful mascara has always delivered?This mascara is a holy grail.

on 5/23/2006 7:45:00 PM

I've tried every high-end/low end mascara available and I always come back to 2000 Calorie and I wonder why I strayed in the first place. This mascara offers everything that I want and need but I always get greedy, wanting more but end up disappointed. 2000 Calorie gives me full, long, and natural looking lashes without muss, fuss or clumping. I normally stock up on this when CVS has a BOGOF or 1/2 off sale and will continue to rebuy...and come back to when all others fail.

on 5/20/2006 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I went ahead and tried this based on reviews here. I wasn't dissapointed.
This gives you really nice, full looking lashes. It's even cry-proof, no running. And I'm speaking of the non-waterproof formula!
But this stuff still comes off very easily, when you remove it at night.
Very good :)