August 30, 2014 | 1711 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by hellomelia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this product! It wont make your face look cakey at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by dh494

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i wasn't even looking for a powder per se, because i have fairly dry/flaky skin. stumbled upon this in good old duane reade and remembered the positive MUA reviews! this is a fantastic product! provides just the right amount of coverage, doesn't look powdery and doesn't oxidize after 6+ hours. a dream, indeed.

previously used laura mercier, extremely heavy coverage and powdery finish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 12:25:00 AM More reviews by DianaBlackbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would have never picked this out on my own because I'm not too fond of cheap drugstore brand powders because of having past horrible experiences. I got this in a swap and decided to give it a try since I've read so many good reviews on here about it. I have to agree with everyone who swears by this. I normally use studio fix powder after applying the foundation for fix ups later in the day. The thing is studio fix powder leaves your face even greasier if you have oily skin. I dont know why it does that but with maybellines it makes my face so matte. It doent have much coverage since its powder and not foundation so if your light almost any light shade will do because its pretty translucent, I'm nc20 and fair light 0-1 works well on me. Its only been a couple of days but if this powder keeps it up I will be switching powders for good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by jolie0216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product but HATE the packaging - the whole swivelling compact deal is so STUPID & inconvenient.......if this powder was just packaged in a regular compact, it would be total love..........but its not a big enough deal to keep me from re-purchasing.

the powder itself is great in my opinion......it's pretty sheer & light to me, but it works great to set my MAC foundation, and is basically just a great mattifier for my oily skin. I do need to check my face & retouch once every couple of hours, but I do have very oily skin, so that is normal for me & i don't blame it on the powder not lasting -my face is just super super oily!! A must-have for oily-skinned girls who need to maintain a matte facial appearance all day......plus its cheap as all get out, and does a good enough job i dont feel at all compelled to hit up the mac counter & ask for a powder.....this stuff is effective & makes my oily face look GREAT (never though i'd be giving a maybelline product such a positive review, but they got it right with this one!!)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Meghan0307

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is honestly the best drugstore powder! It does NOT make your face look powdery at all, and it mattifies your face for a long time! The packaging is great, there's a little sponge & mirror underneath. This is def comparable to the mac mineralized skinfinish natural! You need to try this amazing powder!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by LCMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: My first impressions on this foundation was that I hated it when I got it in a really light colour, but I was given one that was more suited to my colour and I really like it! Its got a great coverage and it leaves the skin looking clear and matte. I don't like the compact however, it's so annoying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by renaissancegirl

It's been at least 10 years since I tried a drugstore pressed powder and it's nice to see they've improved quite a bit. I needed something for mid-day touchups and decided to give this a try. I loved it so much, I decided to use it instead of my usual, high-end, pressed powder to set my foundation in the morning. It gives my face a flawless, matte finish but it still looks natural. I lightly pat it on (rather than swirl or brush it on) with an Ecotools Retractable Kabuki so others who use the included applicator may get a different finish. If you do use the included sponge, I can see how annoying the packaging can be but I think it's more sanitary to keep the applicator and product separate. This is definitely worth a try and it goes on sale frequently.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by shimmer10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought the quality of this powder was cheap since I generally like maybelline products. Maybe I got a dud because I looked very cakey. The packaging is just a pain. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2010 1:24:00 PM More reviews by shimmer10

A decent drugstore package. I received this as a gift and I don't have oily skin so I didn't see much change there. It blends well, has an exact colour match for me, and no caking. The packaging is annoyng and tedious and just frustrates me. I probably won't repurchase but it was fun to try and was very decent.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2010 1:12:00 PM More reviews by vgirlygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Wow, great product for oily skin! I have oily skin and generally have to blot about 3 times a day. Not so with this powder. It never looks cakey or powdery like my Make Up Forever HD powder can. I definitely prefer this powder over the HD, especially for the price. I took off one lippie because I have only been using this for a few days and am not sure how my skin will react during the long run. The only thing I dislike about this product is the packaging. It's got a weird twisty lid and the powder puff is underneath the actual powder. It's not a big deal, but the packing could use some improvement. Overall, great product and I would definitely repurchase.