August 29, 2014 | 1896 users online

Mascara - Yves Saint Laurent - Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2007 3:50:00 PM More reviews by jehovah_nissi111

So I like this mascara - I think that for the money it produces pretty good results. It really does lengthen my lashes. I haven't found anything else that does this. I have noticed a couple of my eyelashes hitting the ground here lately. I really hope it is not from this. My only gripe is that it doesn't last long. I get tons of compliments on my lashes - people say they look fake. I do love the fact that they don't look clumpy or 60ish. They just lengthen and put a little curl on the end. It gives a really clean and finished look to you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2007 6:20:00 PM More reviews by mcorreia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Great effect but... When I first bought it, it started drying in less than 2 weeks (I use mascara every day but God helped me if I had to re-purchase mascara every 2 weeks!!).Very expensive of course.
Just gave it another try but this time i'm not wearing it everyday.
Anyway, great false lash effect, it does more for lenght than for thickness imo; love how dramatically black this one is; very glossy too and WON'T make your lashes crispy, very much on the contrary!
Update, Ocotber/2007: ok i won't re-purchase this one! While the 1st tube i got was too dry, this one was too runny/liquid. Now it's a little bit better because it's starting to dry; the curling isn't great. I can get the same for much less $$$
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2007 2:13:00 PM More reviews by doctorelle

After reading the reviews and after a friend told me about this mascara, I went to Holt Renfrew to try it out. It was $40.00 (CDN), so a little on the expensive side. The packaging is pretty, and the only reason why I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 is because I think the colour of the tube (gold) is a little tacky. If it was black, it would look so classy! The mascara smells wonderful, like roses, and the brush is not too big, not to small (I, myself, am a fan of a big mascara wand). The overall effect is great; my lashes look long and thick and bold. The downside is, it smudges a bit. I like this mascara and I will get it again but I will also keep my Benefit BADgal lash mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2007 5:25:00 PM More reviews by c00ki312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have mixed feelings about this product. I read everywhere that this mascara will lengthen, volumise and hold a curl. my mums workmate also reccommended this to her as it made her lashes look amazing. so i purchased a tube and while the packaging looked very gorgeous, the actual mascara was anything but. the mascara itself smelt of strong flowery perfume (could still smell it when on my eyes!) thinking i'd have long luscious lashes, i was very disappointed when they drooped upon application and felt VERY weighed down and did absolutely nothing for me. its been nearly 2 months and although my lashes look a little longer when applied after shiseido mascara base (which i LOVEEE! btw) i still think its a waste of money. my mascara of choice right now is max factor masterpiece which lives up to the hype.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2007 10:17:00 AM More reviews by fechenwiesen

Like others, I really loved this for a couple of weeks, then after about three weeks of use, I noticed that when I take the brush out, the bristles are just plastered flat to the wand in a big flat clump. I have no idea if I just got an old tube, or not. For that much money, I won´t take a second chance though, we can´t return cosmetics in Germany. I use mascara for along time, so it has to last, so i won´t be buying again

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2007 12:39:00 PM More reviews by janie_118

I bought this mascara because Ive red that this product is used by many makeup artists and I was sure its a good investment. I always wanted a mascara that looks clean and natural, but the majority of them just makes you feel weird if you put it on in more layers. Its really pricey, but you really get what you paid for! The packaging looks beautiful, and on my big surprise it also smells wonderfully! I must agree that its a little bit unpractical as the product can practically run out from the tube if you do not close it carefully. But this is a common problem with mascaras I think. When I put it on it looks just perfect.. it separates the lashes beautifully, I can also put it on in more layers and it is still looking very natural. And plus, Im using it on my lower lashes as well (I really hate using mascara on lower lashes because it always looks cakey and it makes me feel like a clown), with this mascara it just looks very clean and natural. I simply love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2007 7:24:00 PM More reviews by kimberpoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this product would probably be a lot better if the tube had a smaller opening. Wiping the brush off before applying helps a lot. the key to using this mascara is 1- wiping off the brush first!(At least when it is new...after a few weeks it got better) and 2- using a VERY light hand when applying. I first curl my lashes so that they are super curly (this stuff kills a bit of your curl, but if you make them super curly before they turn out nice), wipe off the brush, then apply the lightest layer possible! this gives me a pretty daytime effect. for going out, I give the first very very light layer a moment to dry, then apply a second VERY very light layer, which will give a more dramatic effect(I like to roll the brush a tiny bit at my roots and then brush up just very very very for my second layer). if you apply too much, you will get heavy, spider lashes. I did not like this product the first time I tried it, but I used again and got the hang of it. if only the opening where the mascara came out was smaller so there wasn't tooo much product, this would be awesome!!! you can also use a lash brush (I use the clean spoolie from my old badgal lash mascara) to seperate lashes. no flakes, has a nice rich black color. has an odd smell the first time you use, but it goes away. I like this stuff...slowly becoming more and more addicted. will buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2007 3:18:00 PM More reviews by lstrue

Ugh, I cannot believe the high reviews this mascara has gotten! I hate it! The ONLY thing I like about it is the color is deep and glossy. But, it is a crappy volumizing mascara. When I want volume I want thick, plush, soft lashes. This stuff gives me stiff, spidery dry lashes that are completely stuck to each other and it dries too fast for me to separate them with my lash comb without ripping half of them out! It does give me some length, but that's about it. Dior Maximeyes works SO much better! Will never ever buy this again, can't wait for the tube to run out so I don't feel obliged to use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2007 3:37:00 PM More reviews by rowanej

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As previous reviews have stated, this mascara is fantastic for the first few weeks. During those few weeks, my lashes look long and voluminous after one simple coat; two coats result in dramatic evening glamour lashes. I have a serious problem with mascara flaking and running during the day but this does not clump during application nor will it smudge during the day. However, after about a month, the tube dries out. The mascara clumps as you apply it and flakes during the day...a lot. No amount of wiping the tube, brush, etc. as the directions say can delay or prevent this.

True to the YSL elegance, the packaging is over-the-top luxury and the scent is to die for. While I did find the rose scent rather strong at first, I did get accostomed to it. I am very sensitive to smells (they give me headaches) but found that over time, I was looking forward to the rose scent. Yes it is expensive but at $25 USD, its not that much more than other department store brands.

I will most likely purhcase this product again despite the steep price and limited effectiveness. Why? No other mascara I have tried (I've tried them all, Dior/Lancome/drugstore) will give my short stubby Asian lashes the drama and luxury as this product during those first few weeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2007 10:17:00 AM More reviews by JudgeJudy41

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I agree that this is a wonderful mascara! It does a great job on lenghtening my short lashes. It may not be my Holy Grail because of the high price tag. I will have to alternate between other good, affordable brands.