Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

3.9

AQUA (WATER) . PARAFFIN . STEARIC ACID . CERA CARNAUBA . TRIETHANOLAMINE . CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) . C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS . NYLON-12 . STEARYL STEARATE . PHENOXYETHANOL . HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE . EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX . DIMETHICONE . PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) . TITANIUM DIOXIDE . TOCOPHERYL ACETATE . METHYLPARABEN . ADIPIC ACID/DIETHYLENE GLYCOL/GLYCERIN CROSSPOLYMER . PANTHENOL . VP/ EICOSENE COPOLYMER . BEHENIC ACID . SORBITAN STEARATE . PEG-40 STEARATE . ALGAE EXTRACT . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE . BUTYLPARABEN . ETHYLPARABEN . ISOBUTYLPARABEN . PROPYLPARABEN . [ /- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) . CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 75470 (CARMINE) . CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77019 (MICA) . CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) . CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) . CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE) . CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE . CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) . CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) . CI 77000 (ALUMINUM POWDER) . CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) . CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) . CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) . CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) . SILICA . 3YY07-1 . ]

on 5/23/2007 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favourite mascara so far. I have short sparse Asian eyelashes but this mascara gives them drama. It is a very deep black. I do notice a bit of flaking and smudging though. However, eye makeup always smudges for me.

I do find the mascara a bit too thick and goopy initially and then dries out significantly as others have stated. However, I use an age old trick that the cosmetic counters use: put a bit of gentle lotion (like Cetaphil) into the tube and mix it with your mascara (by swirling the wand around - do not pump the wand!). It will moisturize and thin your mascara as well as condition your lashes. This YSL mascara is my very expensive HG mascara so I try to maximize its life!

on 5/21/2007 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Considering all the raves and the $28 price tag that this mascara came with, I expected it to be HG material. I think I actually prefer my Maybelline Lash Stylist to this! It thickens better with less coats and the black is more intense. This is more of a natural look mascara IMO, I had to apply to coats to get the look of 1 with Lash Stylist. It does hold a curl better though, and I like the scent, and the tube is pretty. Not worth the price though, so I will not be repurchasing.

on 5/21/2007 1:27:00 AM

I love the smell of this mascara and it does plump up my lashes in a natural way, but it smudges slightly after a few hours, even when I don't apply any to my bottom lashes. Perhaps it's the humid climate where I live, and I know it's only water-resistant, but considering that I paid SGD$36.60 at duty free, I expected something better.

on 5/19/2007 8:27:00 AM

Beautiful packaging but the mascara needs fine tuning! It clumps....I'm going back to Lancome!!!!

on 5/10/2007 12:05:00 AM

I got this at the luxasia sale for sgd15 only. Not sure if its near expiry date or wat, its not as wet as a new marscara. The fragrance is overpowering. I got this in a dark green colour which was suitable for work as the green is not too obvious. Not much clumping. Would not recommend as can get better drugstore ones given the high retail price.

on 5/7/2007 4:52:00 AM

This mascara is decent but it totally clumps when layered. I have drugstore mascaras that clump very little /not at all and cost a fraction of the price. If youre a one coat type of woman then yeah this is pretty good. Thats not me so while I see the potential of this product It's not for me.

on 4/22/2007 9:56:00 AM

best mascara on the market hands down. but with that said, the life expectancy of this mascara is short lived. because of the pow it delivers to your lashes, and the consistency of the product, buildup on the brush is a major problem with faux cils. I would say typically with everyday use it only lasts maybe 2 months tops. BUT don't let that discourage your decision to buy it- for someone who wants LOTS of volume this is the mascara, plus they come in beautiful other shades like greens, blues, purples, even a burgundy-winey color. Definitely check it out!

It is a pretty hefty mascara, it adds a LOT in one swipe! Instant thickness and length, and very VERY black. The only problem I have with it is that it clumps pretty easily, after I use it I HAVE to comb through with a spoolie. I only reach for this on days when I have time and patience, but it is well worth it on those days. Ooooh, and I must say I LOVE the packaging! It's so classy, gorgeous, and beautiful! I'm honored to have it in my mascara drawer :)

So I like this mascara - I think that for the money it produces pretty good results. It really does lengthen my lashes. I haven't found anything else that does this. I have noticed a couple of my eyelashes hitting the ground here lately. I really hope it is not from this. My only gripe is that it doesn't last long. I get tons of compliments on my lashes - people say they look fake. I do love the fact that they don't look clumpy or 60ish. They just lengthen and put a little curl on the end. It gives a really clean and finished look to you.

on 4/18/2007 6:20:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great effect but... When I first bought it, it started drying in less than 2 weeks (I use mascara every day but God helped me if I had to re-purchase mascara every 2 weeks!!).Very expensive of course.
Just gave it another try but this time i'm not wearing it everyday.
Anyway, great false lash effect, it does more for lenght than for thickness imo; love how dramatically black this one is; very glossy too and WON'T make your lashes crispy, very much on the contrary!
Update, Ocotber/2007: ok i won't re-purchase this one! While the 1st tube i got was too dry, this one was too runny/liquid. Now it's a little bit better because it's starting to dry; the curling isn't great. I can get the same for much less $$$
continued >>