December 20, 2014 | 1597 users online

Mascara - Yves Saint Laurent - Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2007 8:27:00 AM More reviews by greekgal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful packaging but the mascara needs fine tuning! It clumps....I'm going back to Lancome!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2007 12:05:00 AM More reviews by ahbelle

I got this at the luxasia sale for sgd15 only. Not sure if its near expiry date or wat, its not as wet as a new marscara. The fragrance is overpowering. I got this in a dark green colour which was suitable for work as the green is not too obvious. Not much clumping. Would not recommend as can get better drugstore ones given the high retail price.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2007 4:52:00 AM More reviews by ImBossy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is decent but it totally clumps when layered. I have drugstore mascaras that clump very little /not at all and cost a fraction of the price. If youre a one coat type of woman then yeah this is pretty good. Thats not me so while I see the potential of this product It's not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2007 9:56:00 AM More reviews by hol_eliz

best mascara on the market hands down. but with that said, the life expectancy of this mascara is short lived. because of the pow it delivers to your lashes, and the consistency of the product, buildup on the brush is a major problem with faux cils. I would say typically with everyday use it only lasts maybe 2 months tops. BUT don't let that discourage your decision to buy it- for someone who wants LOTS of volume this is the mascara, plus they come in beautiful other shades like greens, blues, purples, even a burgundy-winey color. Definitely check it out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2007 2:21:00 AM More reviews by coutureisqueen

It is a pretty hefty mascara, it adds a LOT in one swipe! Instant thickness and length, and very VERY black. The only problem I have with it is that it clumps pretty easily, after I use it I HAVE to comb through with a spoolie. I only reach for this on days when I have time and patience, but it is well worth it on those days. Ooooh, and I must say I LOVE the packaging! It's so classy, gorgeous, and beautiful! I'm honored to have it in my mascara drawer :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2007 3:50:00 PM More reviews by jehovah_nissi111

So I like this mascara - I think that for the money it produces pretty good results. It really does lengthen my lashes. I haven't found anything else that does this. I have noticed a couple of my eyelashes hitting the ground here lately. I really hope it is not from this. My only gripe is that it doesn't last long. I get tons of compliments on my lashes - people say they look fake. I do love the fact that they don't look clumpy or 60ish. They just lengthen and put a little curl on the end. It gives a really clean and finished look to you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2007 6:20:00 PM More reviews by mcorreia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Great effect but... When I first bought it, it started drying in less than 2 weeks (I use mascara every day but God helped me if I had to re-purchase mascara every 2 weeks!!).Very expensive of course.
Just gave it another try but this time i'm not wearing it everyday.
Anyway, great false lash effect, it does more for lenght than for thickness imo; love how dramatically black this one is; very glossy too and WON'T make your lashes crispy, very much on the contrary!
Update, Ocotber/2007: ok i won't re-purchase this one! While the 1st tube i got was too dry, this one was too runny/liquid. Now it's a little bit better because it's starting to dry; the curling isn't great. I can get the same for much less $$$
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2007 2:13:00 PM More reviews by doctorelle

After reading the reviews and after a friend told me about this mascara, I went to Holt Renfrew to try it out. It was $40.00 (CDN), so a little on the expensive side. The packaging is pretty, and the only reason why I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 is because I think the colour of the tube (gold) is a little tacky. If it was black, it would look so classy! The mascara smells wonderful, like roses, and the brush is not too big, not to small (I, myself, am a fan of a big mascara wand). The overall effect is great; my lashes look long and thick and bold. The downside is, it smudges a bit. I like this mascara and I will get it again but I will also keep my Benefit BADgal lash mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2007 5:25:00 PM More reviews by c00ki312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have mixed feelings about this product. I read everywhere that this mascara will lengthen, volumise and hold a curl. my mums workmate also reccommended this to her as it made her lashes look amazing. so i purchased a tube and while the packaging looked very gorgeous, the actual mascara was anything but. the mascara itself smelt of strong flowery perfume (could still smell it when on my eyes!) thinking i'd have long luscious lashes, i was very disappointed when they drooped upon application and felt VERY weighed down and did absolutely nothing for me. its been nearly 2 months and although my lashes look a little longer when applied after shiseido mascara base (which i LOVEEE! btw) i still think its a waste of money. my mascara of choice right now is max factor masterpiece which lives up to the hype.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2007 10:17:00 AM More reviews by fechenwiesen

Like others, I really loved this for a couple of weeks, then after about three weeks of use, I noticed that when I take the brush out, the bristles are just plastered flat to the wand in a big flat clump. I have no idea if I just got an old tube, or not. For that much money, I won´t take a second chance though, we can´t return cosmetics in Germany. I use mascara for along time, so it has to last, so i won´t be buying again