Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

3.8

Active ingredients: Octyl Methoxycinnamate (Octinoxate) and Methyl Anthranilate. Other ingredients: Purified Water, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) PEG-40 Castor Oil (and) POE-20, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclomethicone, DEA-Ceryl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Kalaya Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

on 1/15/2008 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

In general, I really am not a LM fan. I hated some other products in the line, and I met a really mean, rude SA once at the LM counter and it turned me WAY off. But nevertheless I braved a different counter, because I needed a TM that I could slap on and go when I needed to just have something on my face. Tonight I went to Outback with my boyfriend who hates when I wear makeup, but I was baking a cake all day and had all kinds of nasty stuff all over me so I wanted to just at least have a little something on my face. I quick squirted a bit on my hand and rubbed it all in with my fingers (*GASP* i know!) on my way out. I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror as I was leaving and it looked really awesome! Perfect coverage :) I came home and looked way up close in the mirror and I didn't have any streaks or anything nasty from this TM. It's a winner, for sure, when I don't feel like mixing my own or taking time to put on a face of other foundation. Definitely love this stuff and it really can and does hold up to the "slap it on and go" theory.

on 1/15/2008 1:33:00 PM

yuck, really wanted to like it. goes on like a translucent sticky moisturizer that kinda looks orange after like 10 minutes. Sand looked good on my skin, but that's because there's no color to it. would never have wasted so much money on this stuff if it wasn't for all those great reviews.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This stuff is far too expensive (AUD$72 I paid) but that's really just about the worst thing it's got going for it. I use the *non* oil free in Nude with SPF20 and it's pretty perfect for my sunkissed fair skin. I still recommend applying over a moisturizer as I don't believe this is adequately hyrdating and it also does tend to dry very quickly...you really need to apply it in a hurry so you don't end up with obvious streaks. A little does indeed go a long way...I use 3 pea size drops (forehead and 1 each on cheeks) and that does my whole face. For extra coverage you can put more where needed. This product gives me enough coverage without looking too done. It evens out my tone and gives a healthy dewiness.

The only other thing I don't particularly like about this tint is the feeling on your skin after application....it's not silky to touch but completely the opposite. If you're prone to touching your face (like me) then your fingertips tend to stick to your face. Its not that the formula is sticky...it's just that it's not silky smooth. Do a test at your department store and you'll know what I mean!

on 1/13/2008 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So far, I really like this product. I just received a sample yesterday in Porcelain and I think I will purchase the full size. It goes on very smoothly. It is creamy and easy to blend. It doesn't settle into lines, and it has amazing coverage for a tinted moisturizer. It makes you look dewy but not oily. It totally evens me out and it covers up all my acne. It's just a great all-around product. I took off one lippie because it's very expensive ($42). But the tube I saw is very large & I have heard it lasts you a very long time. Great TM!
UPDATE* Okay I loved it so much I actually went and bought the full size tube today. The tube is even bigger than I thought and Porcelain matches my skintone perfectly. I've been wearing it all day in combination with Smashbox Anti-Shine and Prescriptives concealer and so far the oilies have not broken through. And it's already 9:00 PM! It's just perfect. I love it.

on 1/11/2008 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

For those days I'm into full coverage makeup, I use LM Silk Creme Foundation in Soft Ivory. But sometimes I just want a sheer coverage so I decided to cave and spent $75 on this Tinted Moisturizer in Porcelain. I have extremely sensitive, dry skin with mild Rosacea and I have very fair, cooltoned skin (NW10/15). This TM gives a sheer coverage, a natural, satin look and offers a protection of SPF20. Easy to spread out and to blend (I use my fingers), but it does dry very fast and I noticed it does settle into my fine lines. I do have to use it on top of a light moisturizer (RoC Calmance Soothing Moisturizer) otherwise it's not moisturizing enough. Porcelain is a good colour match: I'd say the Silk Creme is more yellow-toned and this one more pink, but it's so sheer the colour adapts to your skintone. I set with Clinique Derma White Brightening Loose Powder in Translucent and I'm off to go! As with the Silk Creme Foundation I didn't experience any breakouts at all. Very, very expensive, but a little bit goes a long way. I wouldn't buy again 'cause of the high price and 'cause I prefer the texture of my Silk Creme Foundation. Still highly recommended for those with dry, sensitive and fair skin! *PPP Foundations List in my notepad*
Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Octyl Methoxycinnamate and Menthyl Anthranilate. Other Ingredients: Purified Water, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) PEG-40 Castor Oil (and) POE-20, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclomethicone, DEA-Ceryl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Kalaya Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

on 1/10/2008 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Been using this product for years and have loved it for its sheer coverage and the hint of color it gives my face. In Sand, it's just a shade or so darker than my summer skin tone, so when blended well, it gives the illusion of a healthy glow even in dark winter. But I recently made the mistake of buying the oil free version (in the brown tube) online and found it to be an entirely darker shade. The consistency is also thicker and requires more work to blend. Expensive mistake. So take note-- if you know and love the original formula, steer clear of the oil-free.

on 1/9/2008 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is very sheer and doesn't provide much coverage, but it feels great going on.
It has a really nice natural finish but it made me breakout a bit.
I haven't used it in a while, I think it is better for less oily skin.

on 1/8/2008 2:15:00 PM

First, let me say that I love this product. I have very sensitive skin and this is the first TM that doesn't cause breakouts! While you do have to be careful in application, I've found that once it is on it stays on nicely. Also, I find the coverage a little light myself so I usually layer a mineral foundation over it.I will definitely continue use of this product!

on 1/6/2008 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really like this tinted moisturizer- I use the regular one not oil free- which I find has slightly better coverage and also feels fluffier with a more satiny finish. I find the coverage to be very good for a tinted moisturizer, just a little less than a sheer coverage foundation. I like that I don't absolutely have to powder this down, so I stick it in my gym bag. No breakouts either.

on 1/3/2008 5:09:00 PM

I purchased this at Holt Renfrew (as far as I know it's the only place in Toronto that sells it) for the exorbitant price of $60.

I love the SPF, the texture and how smoothly it goes on, but I find that unlike Tarte's Smooth Operator, I need a LOT of product. With daily use, I am just TEARING through the tube and will need a new one soon. At this price it's a bit unaffordable considering that it doesn't last very long, so I won't be buying it again.

FYI - this is more of a moisturizer and less of a foundation - the coverage is VERY sheer. Much more sheer than other TMs that I've tried.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Foundations, Powders, and Tinted Moisturizers: MAC, YSL, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, ETC by Crystal DivaLevy