October 22, 2014 | 1407 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2007 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Monica_r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love this tinted moisturizer. i have used the estee lauder version beforehand, but it didnt sink into skin as good as the LM one. it leaved me an greasy residue on my skin, and so i tried the Laura Mercier one. it was so much better! normally im a die hard fan of estee lauder, but for cosmetics i have found that LM is the best at producing base cosmetics for a natural look. i love this tinted moisturizer with the translucent loose powder on top to matte out my t-zone, setting the TM & concealer and making my skin silky. and then for the last finish i use the matte light bronzer to contour my cheekbones. it gives me the total -natural-no-make-up-finish-. (i only need coverage under my eyes). so this is perfect for me!
(i also use some concealer, highlighter and blush in other lines)
anyway, perfect results from this!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2007 10:39:00 PM More reviews by misssphinx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using the Tinted Moisturizer in Nude with the Oil Free Foundation Primer underneath. The color is a good match, so I'm only applying where I need coverage - mostly around my nose and chin. Ergo, no problems with makeup transference on my clothes.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the results of using this.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2007 4:50:00 PM More reviews by babypink11

I bought the lightest color nude because the next shade turned orange on me. i love the finish, so lightweight and it doesnt make me break out. The only problem is it doesnt look like it has any yellow undertones in it so i wouldnt be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2007 8:00:00 PM More reviews by skinnygal

Thanks again ladies. I bought this based on reviews and I couldn't be happier. I have oily, fair, MAC NC30 yellow-based skin. I have this in Nude. It has really good coverage for a tinted moisturiser. I don't find it to be too oily for my skin, but haven't tried the oil-free one. Wears well, skin looks radiant. Doesn't break me out. I dust T.LeClerc banane loose powder over the top and need a minor touch up around midday.
Love this!

Update - wow just finished my first tube. It has lasted almost 7 months and I wear it every day as a foundation. Still love this. I have just bought LM apricot face tint and apply this to finish. Perfection.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2007 9:16:00 PM More reviews by lesha

PROS: Evens out complexion nicely, looks natural, lasts almost all day, when applied with a brush I don't use very much at all and the tube lasts a really long time.

CONS: Its pretty expensive for a tinted moisturizer but I would buy it again and makes my face a little oily.

*If you do buy/ own this apply it with a foundation brush it looks so much nicer.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2007 2:19:00 AM More reviews by hollygolightlyyyyyy

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

used this till i had no more left. suited my coloring, not really moisterizer, more like a thin, runny like foundation. HATED how if my chin touched my shoulder or my shirt everything would wipe off disgustingly on my WHITE scrubs. not attractive and very embarrassing. hoped for better from laura.

EDIT I still feel the same way, its not a tinted moisterizer, if your looking for a runny, thin foundation this is for you, but the good thing is its good to blend. but good companies has enough options where you shouldnt have to worry.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2007 10:40:00 PM More reviews by sfhillerin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Color: Nude. Coverage was too light for me. Got very oily by about 11am.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2007 7:28:00 PM More reviews by saikick

I bought the oil-free version in Sand.
Will I buy this product again? No.

For readers, I have acne-prone-combination skin that changes throughout the season. During summer I am very oily near the t-zone and slightly dry around my cheeks and mouth (can get dry-dry to the point where I get flakes, especially when I'm near an air-conditioned area). While during the winter, I can be insanely dry. I consider my skin extra sensitive because I can break out very easily.

I stopped by the nearest Holt Renfrew to give this product a shot because my friend had suggested to me that this product had gotten great reviews.

Well, it's not getting a good review from my perspective.

I have a slightly yellowish undertone to my skin, so none of the shades exactly "matched" my skin. Thus, either a) looked too white, or b) looked too orange. I have never had an issue with tinted moisturizers before because the coverage was supposed to be sheer anyways, so there weren't any problems with the colours. This one was horrible. The texture and the way it appeared on my skin was actually more like creamy foundation, which I was not looking for. On top of that, the SA was a complete noob, so she had no idea what she was talking about and had to be assited by 2 other male SA who had better knowledge about their line then her. I was pretty disappointed that she was trying to push a sale on to me without even knowing what she was talking about.

While I was ignoring the female SA, I asked the male SA about the product. He told me that many people tend to go for the "oil-free" version because let's face it; why do we want to add MORE oil on to our face? I was convinced too, that with my acne-prone skin that I shouldn't be going for "added oil product" but realized that it depended on the type of skin care you regularly use. For me, I use Spectro Jel (extra gentle) in the morning, Clinique's mild toner, then their DDMG, and finally ProActiv's sunscreen to protect my skin. And during night time, I follow ProActiv's line. All of the 3 steps that I have used are "oil-free." Apparently, this tricks my skin into thinking that there is no oil on my skin, thus produces MORE oil in turn.

I was convinced by his lecutre; So I bought the regular tinted moisturizer.

By FAR better than the oil-free crap.

Make sure you talk to an SA who has at least SOME knowledge about the product, as well as skin care in general. The male SA I talked to was extremely helpful and I think this regular TM will work well on my skin during the dryer season which is coming up.

3 lippies, because the packagaing is easy to use, but the price is insane ($55.00 CDN!) and it's more foundation than TM. I don't think I will buy this product again, depending on how my skin tolerates this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2007 3:51:00 AM More reviews by rebeccacahsai

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2007 1:30:00 PM More reviews by niseixtenshi

I love the packaging of this stuff...very sanitary! I was color matched by the LM counter at Nordies and I LOVEd the way it looked. It gave me that dewy look without being shiny. Super natural looking too. I got the foundation primer as well..and the combination is beautiful!