Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

3.8

Active ingredients: Octyl Methoxycinnamate (Octinoxate) and Methyl Anthranilate. Other ingredients: Purified Water, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) PEG-40 Castor Oil (and) POE-20, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclomethicone, DEA-Ceryl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Kalaya Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

on 12/26/2007 3:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

this comes very close to HG - the texture is great, covers up pretty well for a TM. however, i've noticed persistent bumps around my forehead and chin that wouldn't go away even with nightly bp and salycilic acid treatments. not sure whether i am just allergic to sunscreen or if it blocks my pores so much, but sadly, won't buy this again.

on 12/26/2007 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

HG i had been using stila TM 4eva but i always got dry patches on my nose no matter what i did. I started using this as i felt the color was a perfect match for me (porcelin) it is the perfect coverage for me and really evens out my skin tone. No dry patches or breakout although im not prone to them. i love it and will continue to buy. Price is a little much but i think it will last a long time.

on 12/23/2007 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

After reading about all the raves for this TM, I finally took the plunge and purchased this in shade Porcelain. It is a perfect match for my pale skin and has pretty decent coverage - I was plesantly surprised by that. It doesn't really cover blemishes all that well, but I find that it does a pretty good job at toning down the natural pink/red in my skin. I don't find this very moisturizing, especially now that it's winter, so I use a separate moisturizer under it. I do have to blot throughout the day, but no more than usual. No breakouts so far either and I've been using this for almost 2 months. I would repurchase.

on 12/21/2007 10:49:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have the oil-free version of this tinted moisturizer and like it so lala. For the colder months it doesn't give me enough moisture. For warmer months though it's okay.Looks quite natural with a nice medium coverage.I don't really like the consistency of this cream though..It makes my face somehow feel dirty.

on 12/15/2007 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wow! this tinted moisturizer is great! I love using this product . This product is great for some one who doesn't like using a lot makeup. I got lots of compliment using this product. People think I have great skin by using this product. Highly recommended this product.

on 12/8/2007 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Absolutely fabulous as a moisturizer and a foundation. The tube lasts forever, also. Unlike a lot of comparable foundations/concealers, it looks so natural. It works wonders if you need a foundation, but can't stand the "caked-on" feeling that other products like it have.

on 11/29/2007 2:44:00 PM

I got a sample pack of this from Sephora, and didn't expect much. After using my sample up though, I'm in love. It moisturizes perfectly without making my skin oily. It blends seamlessly, it's not too greasy or too smeary, and the coverage is perfect and buildable..... but once I saw the price, I figured out why. This stuff is incredibly expensive! Maybe some day I'll buy this when I get some cash saved up. Until then, I can dream!

on 11/29/2007 8:28:00 AM

Perfect tinted moisturiser. I love this - goes on smoothly, lasts all day (I use a little loose powder on top), looks very very natural.

on 11/28/2007 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Perfection..I love this product! I like it better when I use a foundation brush to apply, but it works well either way.
I do wish, though, that it had a pump, or something other way of dispensing. I don't like messy caps, or when i accidentally squeeze too much out and there's no easy way of getting it back into the bottle.
Other than that, I don't really have any complaints about this product.

on 11/27/2007 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I think I've found my HG everyday foundation! I wear this tinted moisturizer in Almond, and combined with a light layer of LM Secret Concealer and Brightening Powder under my eyes, my skin look so naturally radiant and clear! I'm baffled how this is accomplished with such a sheer product! I have pretty good skin to start with, but it's a little uneven. This makes my skin look smooth and even without looking like I caked on foundation. I bought my first tube during the Sephora FF sale after lemming this for a while, but I loved it so much, I immediately bought a back-up tube.

Before this I was wearing Tarte Smooth Operator in Illusion. I loved that product too, but it had sparkles and was a little too light for some areas of my face. The LM TM is sheerer and has a more natural finish. I will still wear Smooth Operator when I want a heavier finish or for dressier occasions.

EDIT: Still loving this TM/foundation a couple of years later. I wear Almond when I'm a little more tanned (most of the year) and Sand during the fall/winter months. I've tried other nice foundations since discovering this (MUFE HD, Nars Sheer Glow, MUFE F&B), but I still love LM TM best! I also tried out the oil-free version for the heck of it, but that somehow made me shinier.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Foundations, Powders, and Tinted Moisturizers: MAC, YSL, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, ETC by Crystal DivaLevy