April 18, 2014 | 1795 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2007 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Veggie310

This product was recommended to me by the salesperson at Sephora when I said that I wanted something with SOME coverage, but I didn't want anything as heavy as a foundation. I suppose it did work in terms of coverage, but I found it very greasy and that it made my skin look greasy. The product was just too heavy on my skin and I didn't feel clean having it on. Perhaps it's because my skin is combination that I don't like this product... I'm not sure. But I wouldn't use it again. To be fair, I do have a friend who is very fair-skinned and prone to redness who likes this tinted moisturizer very much and hasn't complained of greasiness.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2007 6:49:00 PM More reviews by grich17

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this stuff. I've tried many different foundations, including Armani's, and this stuff just looks best! It offers more coverage than you'd think a TM would provide, yet isn't like a real foundation either. I use Nude and when I get more color in the summer, I dust a bit of LM's mineral makeup in Rich Vanilla on top. It doesn't wear off or get greasy, but plumps the skin up a bit. I do use a moisturizer underneath (I'm 45.) Great stuff - HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2007 11:43:00 AM More reviews by aelizabethe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After hemming and hawing over a tinted moisturizer I finally settled on the oil-free version in nude and boy am I glad I did!!!! This TM evens out my skintone without breaking my sensitive skin out (for reference I have light skin (NC20) with freckles). Its light weight, comes in great shades and has fabulous staying powder. I use it in conjunction with the Laura Mercier transluscent powder and my skin looks flawless without feeling like I have on a ton of make-up, or any make-up for that matter. It is $40, which seems pricey, but I have had mine for almost 8 months now and I am still not out, so you do get a lot of bang for your buck! Will definitely re-purchase!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2007 11:23:00 AM More reviews by PurpleRules

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My mother and I both use this. It gives just the right amount of coverage. It's sheer enough that it's very forgiving so you don't have to worry so much about blending but it still evens out my complexion and lasts through the day. The sunscreen is an added bonus. I still need a moisturizer with it, even in the summer, but that's it's only drawback.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2007 2:39:00 PM More reviews by dknj30

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am medium/dark skinned Indian. My face has like 3 different tones, so it's hard to ever find a good foundation that doesn't look caked-on or fake. The make-up artist for my wedding used this on me - and i loved it. It blends really well and is very natural looking! I've never used any other tinted moisturizer but for me, my dry patches need more moisture than this provides which is the only reason i didn't give it a 5. And I'm not much of a makeup person, so for everyday wear this is more "made up" than I want to look. I use my daughter's baby lotion as a moisturizer (can u tell i'm not a makeup person?), use the LM as a concealer for my undereye darkness, and use MAC Studio Fix all over.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2007 7:03:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am on the fence with this, not that I don't love it, but I find that the MAC select tint SPF 15 gives more product for the money and similar results, but with a lower SPF. Ditto for Shiseido which is a smidge too dark. My compromise is I buy all three and mix depending on time of year. I do love this product, it's very light, doesn't make me shiny, doesn't make me sweaty. However, I do think the MAC and Shiseido are just as nice, but I am such a Laura fan I keep coming back for more. I just wish the price was a bit lower because I can go through a tube of this in a couple of months when I wear it every day. Luckily I usually wear a stronger sunscreen in the summer so I generally keep these for fall and winter. If price is an issue for you, there is always the MAC select tint which is similar in the amount of coverage it gives but this is by no means a bad product, I keep buying it knowing full well I can get four times the MAC for the same price. I do like to travel with the Laura tube though, I find the MAC leaks if it is stored on its side.
Good stuff, it just boils down to how much you want to pay.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2007 4:00:00 AM More reviews by overweighty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

skin type - dry/sensitive (combo/sens in summer)
This was my first crack at department store ($$) tms. I think the shade matched my skin quite well but the consistency was quite greasy on me, which is unusual. I felt like I needed to wash my face by noon - not typical for me, especially winter. Then I discovered B.B. tm and was much happier. However, I have never gotten the good shade match with that the way Laura Mercier's was. I would continue to search out another LM alternative for my foundation, though - I love the helpful staff and think it is a good line that produces many quality products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2007 1:09:00 AM More reviews by tenderheart003

I am an NW-NC25ish (cool-neutral olive with a rosy cast) and purchased this in sand. While the shade was wayyyy too dark I did like the texture and coverage. I may purchase in another color.

**EDITED TO ADD**
My initial review was for the original. I now have the oil free version and nude is a perfect match for me. I think the oil free is a bit too dry for me right now as it kind of sticks to dry patches in a very unflattering way. May be perfect for the warmer months. It works much better over the LM foundation primer but I think the primer breaks me out :( On the plus side it doesn't make my look oily by the end of the day and actually stays put with or without the primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2007 2:58:00 AM More reviews by sandrapop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is, by far, my absolute FAVORITE product!!! I've tried MAC foundations, Revlon Colorstay, everything for my face, but LM's tinted moisturizer is absolutely perfect for me! My skin is on the dry side, and I find that this product leaves my skin dewy and glowing all day long. It feels like I have nothing on, and makes my makeup look so much better. I use Sand (NC 35 when using MAC) and I LOVE IT!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2007 12:19:00 AM More reviews by bstyle

Love this stuff im fair so i us the lightest shade. covers great light wt cant even tell im wearing anything on my face. I did get some breakouts but what i thought was from this product so i switched to the oil free but the oil free is harder to blend and found out it wasnt this at all but the cleanser i was using. So as soon as im done with the oil free im coming back to this just love it. I put this on then use secret camo if needed then a translucent powder and flawless skin everyday. The reason why im waiting is its alittle on the pricey side, so not worth wasting.