Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

3.8

Active ingredients: Octyl Methoxycinnamate (Octinoxate) and Methyl Anthranilate. Other ingredients: Purified Water, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) PEG-40 Castor Oil (and) POE-20, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclomethicone, DEA-Ceryl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Kalaya Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

on 12/8/2007 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Absolutely fabulous as a moisturizer and a foundation. The tube lasts forever, also. Unlike a lot of comparable foundations/concealers, it looks so natural. It works wonders if you need a foundation, but can't stand the "caked-on" feeling that other products like it have.

on 11/29/2007 2:44:00 PM

I got a sample pack of this from Sephora, and didn't expect much. After using my sample up though, I'm in love. It moisturizes perfectly without making my skin oily. It blends seamlessly, it's not too greasy or too smeary, and the coverage is perfect and buildable..... but once I saw the price, I figured out why. This stuff is incredibly expensive! Maybe some day I'll buy this when I get some cash saved up. Until then, I can dream!

on 11/29/2007 8:28:00 AM

Perfect tinted moisturiser. I love this - goes on smoothly, lasts all day (I use a little loose powder on top), looks very very natural.

on 11/28/2007 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Perfection..I love this product! I like it better when I use a foundation brush to apply, but it works well either way.
I do wish, though, that it had a pump, or something other way of dispensing. I don't like messy caps, or when i accidentally squeeze too much out and there's no easy way of getting it back into the bottle.
Other than that, I don't really have any complaints about this product.

on 11/27/2007 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I think I've found my HG everyday foundation! I wear this tinted moisturizer in Almond, and combined with a light layer of LM Secret Concealer and Brightening Powder under my eyes, my skin look so naturally radiant and clear! I'm baffled how this is accomplished with such a sheer product! I have pretty good skin to start with, but it's a little uneven. This makes my skin look smooth and even without looking like I caked on foundation. I bought my first tube during the Sephora FF sale after lemming this for a while, but I loved it so much, I immediately bought a back-up tube.

Before this I was wearing Tarte Smooth Operator in Illusion. I loved that product too, but it had sparkles and was a little too light for some areas of my face. The LM TM is sheerer and has a more natural finish. I will still wear Smooth Operator when I want a heavier finish or for dressier occasions.

EDIT: Still loving this TM/foundation a couple of years later. I wear Almond when I'm a little more tanned (most of the year) and Sand during the fall/winter months. I've tried other nice foundations since discovering this (MUFE HD, Nars Sheer Glow, MUFE F&B), but I still love LM TM best! I also tried out the oil-free version for the heck of it, but that somehow made me shinier.

on 11/25/2007 1:30:00 PM

This just didn't do it for me. I found it to be way too sheer, and it afforded no evening out of my skin. It also had an orangy appearance on me, using the color Nude. If you already have great skin and can find a color match, this is probably wonderful. I also didn't like the feel or the sheen of this. It felt a bit too oily, but that may be because I tried it in the summer. EDIT: forgot to add my coloring for reference: fair/medium skin w/green undertones, dark brown hair, v. dark brown eyes.

on 11/21/2007 5:50:00 AM

I don't think I'll buy this product again because its coverage is really sheer and basically doesn't cover anything at all. You need excellent excellent skin to wear this alone which I don't have! I also don't find this particularly moisturising, My skin tone has gotten lighter since purchasing this so I only use the tinted moisturiser on my cheeks for a bronzing effect! It's really expensive where I live as well! ):

on 11/20/2007 10:03:00 AM

This is a really great product for lightweight coverage. I hate to feel made up or to feel make up on my face - so this is a great product for me. Also, love the SPF protection. It is pricey - only drawback I can think of. The coverage is remarkable given the lightweight feel of this product. Definite repurchase.

on 11/17/2007 6:53:00 PM

This is a pretty sweet product. It goes on perfectly smooth, gives a nice, *natural* texture, and, most importantly, gives you SPF protection. Nice! However, I think LM is going out on a limb calling it a "moisturizer," as it honestly doesn't feel very hydrating to me, it feels just like a standard foundation.

on 11/16/2007 12:32:00 AM

HG! This tinted moisturizer goes on smooth, blends easily, and gives light even coverage, just enough to even out my skin tone. Plus it has SPF 20! I searched for a while to find a cheaper replacement for Prada's TM, and this is everything I wanted, and even better! I dust Chanel Purete Mat over top after applying, and this lasts all day without getting oily. The color (Nude) is a great match for me too. **love**

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Foundations, Powders, and Tinted Moisturizers: MAC, YSL, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, ETC by Crystal DivaLevy