Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

3.8

Active ingredients: Octyl Methoxycinnamate (Octinoxate) and Methyl Anthranilate. Other ingredients: Purified Water, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) PEG-40 Castor Oil (and) POE-20, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cyclomethicone, DEA-Ceryl Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Kalaya Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

i've been using this product for several months now and i am hooked! i use this in Nude and i must say it just perfectly matches my skin color. i like the way it gives me even skin tone with that natural glow on my face. it's like wearing make up but doesn't look like it. it's very natural although since it's a tinted moisturizer, you can't expect this to give you full coverage. using a concealer to hide your imperfections is advisable before applying this product, but all in all it's a good product and very well worth your money. ideal for everyday use or for someone who wants their skin to rest from heavy foundation. the packaging is something that i could care less but it was funny how the tube just popped in my purse when i was on the way to Vegas one time good thing it was in the box and i put it in a ziplock bag! whew what a total mess...i'd say the tube isn't as sturdy... :(

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this in Nude, with the LM Minerals over the top. I have pretty oily skin and have always avoided TMs as a result. However, a MUA showed me how to use this with the minerals over the top for a natural look, and while I'm looking a bit shiny by the end of the day, I think that's acceptable - my skin almost looks dewy rather than oily!! I only use an eye cream under it, no other moisturiser - that would def be too much for my skin. I do like the natural finish it gives, while still covering blotchy bits and evening things out, and prefer the look to foundation. However, I haven't done a hot summer with it yet, and suspect the shine may be too high a price to pay and I might be back to a matte foundation.

i bought the oil free version at sephora for about 40 dollars. i used to use stila's oil free tinted moisturizer, but that made my face look oily for some reason. i'm fairly happy with it. the coverage is actually pretty good... it's comparable to the coverage a cheap liquid foundation might give you. you can layer it on and it pretty much looks the same. i think it might be causing tiny blackheads to erupt though... the color matches my skin, but after a while it looks like it gets darker... and kind of orange ( i have pale skin, but i tan easily into a sandy/bronzy color..). i like how it actually moisturizes unlike other tinted moisturizers... after i'm done with this, i'm going to buy the original stuff... maybe i'll like that more...

I'm not 100% certain about this TM. However, it is the only foundation or TM I have ever found that truly matches my skin tone! (I'm very, very fair.) So I tried it for that. The price is very steep, but it is oil-free. I find it's a nice, light foundation; forget its claims of being a TM. It's in actuality a foundation. But the consistency straight out of the tube isn't what I want, so I've been mixing this with a drop or two of extra virgin olive oil some days and Benefit's High Beam highlighter the others. One day soon I'll try mixing in Mac Vanilla pigment with it. That little bit of glow really helps diffuse light away from my blemishes. I also use my old and trusty Everday Minerals Makeup over top of this TM for spots and a bit on my forehead and nose to absorb oil. But I like it enough to keep using it. Heck, I'm not wasting the $42! :) And yes, it does smell strongly of sunscreen, but that makes me think of summer, so I don't mind that.

I really like this product. It has very sheer coverage and an SPF of 20. This the only product with SPF that doesn't aggravate my skin. You can layer this product for more coverage and it doesn't get cakey. The color is also a perfect match (I wear Porcelain).

Update - This product worked best on me when I was pregnant. Under normal circumstances it is way too greasy. Will not repurchase.

This moisturizer is fine, no better, no worse. The coverage is MINIMAL, almost nonexistant. Also, I think that for around $40, this should just perform better than it does. The consistancy is nice, but considering the fact that this doesn't even cover the smallest flaws, as other tinted moisturizers do, makes it not worth the money you'll shell out for it. Not worth it.

This is a nice moisturizer, nice amount of tint... I prefer Lancome TM though because I just think it is more of a nice finish and more moisturizing.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This stuff works really well with my skin. It feels really light and airy, but does not provide a lot of coverage- just the right amount for me. I love the smell too, it is very clean. I prefer the original over the oil-free though-it has an odd texture. Overall I will continue to use buy it, even though it is pretty pricey.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Well, although I have never tried another I really love this product it goes on smoothly and with any applicater I choose to use. I have used many different brushes when applying this and a sponge. I would buy this product again. So you know I had dry cheeks, but not anymore once I used this product!

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer is part of my daily skincare/makeup routine for its benefits in sunscreen and light coverage. It's been a few weeks since using this product.

-What I like: It's texture is perfect for my skin, leaving it supple, soft with a matte finish. The longevity of the wear is pretty remarkable considering it's just a tinted moisturizer. My fav part of this product is the benefit of an spf protection along with getting the color I desire.

-What I don't like: The price is steep, but I think it's worth it in the end.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Foundations, Powders, and Tinted Moisturizers: MAC, YSL, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, ETC by Crystal DivaLevy