March 1, 2015 | 2053 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2007 6:12:00 PM More reviews by VintagePinup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

When I bought it, I really fell in love. It delivered perfect volume, length, colour, and consistency. This would have been my HG mascara!
However, I'm never buying this mascara again for two reasons:
1. Both mine and my friend's dried out within a few months (less than 6!) even though I kept it in good room conditions and never left it open - the price is ridiculous for that to have happened!
2. A mascara that expensive is never worth it's performance in money, in my opinion, especially if a mascara should be thrown out every 6-12 months. There are cheaper alternatives.
Bottom line: I'll buy it again only if I've got money to spare or a special occasion to attend.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2007 12:56:00 PM More reviews by playfulgal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

a little disappointed with this mascara..it do nothing on my lash ...no volume ,no lengthen ...and its not cheap ,i did rather spend my $ on loreal cheaper and better result !...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2007 3:26:00 AM More reviews by TJ9

Definetly in my Top 3 Mascara's ever used!
Works well even without an eyelash curler
can be a little goopy on some days

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2007 2:22:00 PM More reviews by hothouse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Man, I love this stuff. I usually use about 3-4 coats of mascra to get the look I want to achieve, but just 2 coats of this is great for daytime and then I can always intensify. Doesn't flake or run on me at all, no smuding unless I've laid down. Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2007 10:26:00 PM More reviews by gretagirluy

I really had high hopes for the product since I would always hear that Lancome makes the best mascara (It does come from the same L'oreal Company who makes Maybelline Great Lash!). For reference, I'm Asian with annoyingly stubborn short, thin and straight lashes. I'm always on the lookout for great mascara that can gives thick lashes. Sadly, Lancome's Hypnose didn't do anything for me, except for clumpy lashes. No matter how careful am I with wiggling the mascara brush to avoid the clumps, a huge chunk of black ink would end up in between lashes. I've also tried using tissue to wipe off excess product, before I apply mascara, but no use.

I actually got this in a special gift from Lancome, where they bundled Hypnose and Defincils mascara. I was told that to get THE BEST results, i had to use both, which I did. I think Defincils performed better eventhough I still didn't get thick lashes, my lashes stayed curled up all day. With Hypnose, after applying, my lashes would slowly fall and end up straight again. However, despite using both at the same time, I found that Definicils dried up faster compared to Hypnose. Still, this isn't enough reason for me to repurchase. For now, I'm happier with Fasio Mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2007 3:43:00 AM More reviews by pupiq

This higher-end product gives decent results. I look mascara to thicken and lenghten my fairly long and thick lashes for a dramatic look. If i want natural result i can buy one of cheaper mascaras and be happy with it.
This mascara gives nice volume and lenght, some curl too after several coats. But i hate that sometimes it can go very clumpy. However, it does not make lashes stif or hard. I think it's the high end variant of l'oreal's lash architect. Lancome is way better, no doubt, but for the price it's not the best product for me. It drys quite fast. I expected more ( more drama and quality) of this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2007 9:22:00 PM More reviews by VeryVain1985

Edit 20/02/2010: For the girls on budget, I find Maybelline Lash Stiletto really similar to the Hypnose mascara and so far I'm liking the Lash Stiletto...

Original review: I am asian, so I have straight thin lashes. Hypnose works wonderful on my lashes, it really adds a little bit of volume and a lot of length on my lashes. First I use the Shisheido Mascara base, add two coats of Hypnose and curl it with the Shu Uemura curler. I have been using my Hypnose tube for two months now and I haven't seen any clumps yet. The brush size is ok, but I don't really like the shape of it, it's pretty hard to reach the outer and inner corner lashes. Overall a great product, but it's still not perfect, it doesn't really lift the lashes. I would repurchase this product though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2007 1:49:00 PM More reviews by bambi53

This is a great mascara. It gives lots of volume and it makes my eyes look beautiful. And doesn't clump either. It also has a pretty design. One of the best i have had. A bit too expensive though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2007 3:09:00 PM More reviews by diva23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an okay mascara, it really doesn't lengthen my lashes much, and it does an okay job with thickening, but I really wasn't that impressed. I've moved on to L'extreme, which does a better job making my lashes stand out more.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2007 4:58:00 PM More reviews by cookielicious82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this perfume is lovely...its a unique smell....i have alot of perfumes and i use this a lot espcially for work....i have been complemented on it....i didnt get the eau de parfum i got the eau de friche and its slightly lighter....i got this instead of the other due to a big bottle and cheaper....but love the smell and recommended...