August 1, 2014 | 1827 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2007 9:53:00 PM More reviews by LizC21

I bought this in Deep Black...makes my lashes super dark, a little longer, and super thick...makes me look like I have a ton more lashes than normal! I am ALWAYS on the hunt for the perfect mascara...this and Diorshow come close! Both are the same price...$23.00. I hate spending that much for mascara since I like to replace tubes every three months, but both are the best mascaras I've tried. I like the Diorshow brush better though. Haha...I like how sometimes I make my review 2 in 1. :D

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2007 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Fashion_Hottie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm someone who tries different mascaras til I find the 1 that gives me the longest, fullest eyelashes. I heard so many good reviews on this product & that it's even better than YSL Faux Cils & Diorshow (my 2favs) - this was definitely not the case for me.

Bad points: Not the best brush as it goes all over my eyelids, doesn't lengthen that much, clumps unless brush is wiped ALOT, not good value for money, to get bold dramatic colour there needs to be at least 3layers & the shape of the wand is not easy to grip.

Good points: It really curls lashes even without eyelash curlers, normal product stays put pretty well with little flakes etc & once brush has been wiped of clumps it does separate lashes reasonably well.

Overall: If you just want curled lashes with little drama, then this maybe fine for you. However, as I wanted big, dramatic lashes, this does not compare to YSL & Dior. I won't be re-purchasing....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 8:00:00 PM More reviews by eurobarbie

This has got to be the best mascara i have tried. My lashes are long but not very thick and this mascara does the absolute best job. even the one that isnt waterproof has never flaked on me. The only bad thing about it sometimes you can get a dodgy tube thats sort of dry, in whih case this will work just a like a cheap mascara, but you can usuakky bring it back and exchange it at the place you got it, because when you open it it has to be really thick and wet. its amazing when you have a fresh tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2007 10:34:00 PM More reviews by LeisyB

This is my HG mascara it volumizes, lengthens and seperates. To apply I zigzag the brush from the base to the tips of my lashes to fully coat them with the product then sweep the brush through to evenly spread. I wait until it has nearly dried then repeat again. I used to work for Lancome and swear this mascara can make even the shortest straightest lashes look fab. If your eyelashes are very straight use the waterproof version and follow the same application but hold the brush underneath lashes until product has dried this will set the curl in your lashes and it will last all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2007 11:07:00 PM More reviews by preci0us_dreams

Good quality mascara that I would probably buy again. Does not clump and lengthens quite well with the use of a primer. It gives simlar results to EL More than Mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2007 7:06:00 AM More reviews by Steff05

I can't really comment on the price or packaging because I only have a sample of this product that came as a free gift.

I've been using it the past few days and it seems really good.

Usually i find with mascara that I always have to clean my lashes with something like eye make up remover then apply the mascara not too soon after to avoid clumps.

I think that this is a fairly expensive mascara from what I've heard and considering it's not just a normal "drug store" brand.

This being said, I find the results exactly the same as my MaxFactor masterpiece mascara.

Overall pretty good but i probably wouldnt buy it again considering I already have a much cheaper alternative.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2007 12:11:00 PM More reviews by GirlMakeuplover

I thought that this was the worst mascara out!!it clumped and it felt Very uncomfortable!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2007 4:49:00 PM More reviews by seree311

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have only been using this product for a short time, but so far I am slightly disappointed with this product. I was originally going for a mascara that provided both volume AND length (being that I have short stumpy lashes) but unfortunately this provides absolutely no volume, even though the SA insisted that it did. It does however give me beautiful long lashes and seperates them wonderfully. So for that I will give it 3 lippies. Not entirely sure if I will purchase again, I think I have yet to find an HG mascara that is the best of both worlds :(

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2007 8:35:00 PM More reviews by hollygolightlyyyyyy

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really don't understand the rave reviews. Before I got it I never heard a single horrible thing about this mascara. It convinced me to deviate from diorshow. first two days I think were great, then after it weighed down my long lashes and made them look short and stubby. then it started to clump, and now it does horribly. my lashes look a mess, the wand causes mascara to get onto my lid, its just a horrible disgusting mess. There are better mascaras out there for less then half the price.

so maybe I thought I was applying it wrong. I asked on various MU baords, did as they said, asked different MAs, had them put it on me, and more or less I still had stubby thin, hard lashes. ANd no this was not the waterproof one. Never again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2007 7:56:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very expensive mascara for so-so results. My lashes- kinda short, a little thick, straight (but i always use lash curler) but def in need of a lot of ooomph!! My HG mascaras are: YSL everlong (THE BEST- faux cils but without the clumps!!), clinique high impact (takes a bit of time to put on but once it does it looks elegant and perfect) and MF Lash perfection (very black, no clumping, smudging whatsoever great!) I like big lashes that stand out, mascara is the only eye makeup i really wear except sometimes liquid eyeliners- but then only once or twice a month anyway!. At first this mascara gave me nicely seperated lashes- very long, but still no volume whatsoever. Atfter a few coats my lashes did look good although no where as 'elegant' and nice as with my other mascaras. Then after using this for around a week or 2 it started clumping my lashes like mad! I now just get spider lashes with this no matter how i apply it. Would def not repurchase, no lancome mascara has ever impressed me.