Lancome Hypnose

3.8

Ingredients: aqua, paraffin, beeswax, stearic acid, carnauba wax, acacia, palmitic acid, triethanolamine, PEG-40 stearate, simethicone, sodium polymethacrylate, aminomethyl propanediol, hydrogenated jojoba oil, hydrogenated palm oil, hydroxyethylcellulose, panthenol, polyquaternium-10, methylparaben, propylparaben, bht. May contain: CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77492/CI 77499/CI 77491 (iron oxides), CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), mica.

on 1/5/2008 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product is excellent. It is easy to apply, looks good, doesn't clump, and flakes 'very' little. Although the product is expensive, I would definitly say it's worth it, since you can apply this product quickly and your eyelashes will look great.
Update:well in all honesty after having the product for a while, it is very liquidy and makes lashes look un-naturally thick.

Did not like this mascara. I found it to be too wet and gave my lashes a spidery look. It clumped and the 2nd coat did not go on well. I only use this on days I'm running out the grocery store or errands. I wipe the excess off the wand first. Should probably just throw it out but am trying to get a little bit of use out of the money I spent. I would not repurchase this mascara. So far, nothing beats Shu Uemera Mascara Basic.

on 1/4/2008 1:28:00 PM

i love this mascara!! it really gives you volume and it holds the curl nicely. i also like this mascara because it doesn't travel to my under eye area and all get smudgey. i dont find this mascara to flake either. even though it costs $24, i will definitely repurchase.

on 12/27/2007 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hypnose by Lancome is my HG mascara! I have been a long time wearer of Definicils mascara, also by Lancome. I find this mascara makes my lashes darker, thicker, and bolder. It's a more dramatic look than definicils, really makes my eyes pop and look sexy. It doesn't make my eyes sting like a lot of less expensive mascaras I've tried and doesn't smear. It can be a little clumpy so I make sure wipe excess off the wand before use. Great mascara!

on 12/27/2007 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This mascara is a great product! The best I have ever used! +5

on 12/26/2007 8:55:00 PM

I've gone through two GWP sizes of this product, and have tried the full size also. I find the GWP size superior to the full size, the full size brush gets gunked up something fierce and clumps/smudges easily. I always make sure to wipe the freshly coated brush in a kleenex a tiny bit, and use about 2 - 3 strokes on the upper lashes, then whatever is left over on the lowers. That said, I have never found a mascara that makes my lashes so glamorous long voluminous and jet black like this mascara. 4 lippies because of the strife I have to go through during application and the wasted product.

on 12/26/2007 4:30:00 PM

Alot of people say "It doesn't do anything, its hard to apply" yada yada yada. But when applied correctly it's a great mascara. It extends and seperates the lashes. I recommend having the Lady at the makeup counter show you how to apply it. It gives the appearance of false lashes. Its not rocket science but it is a little awkward at first.

on 12/25/2007 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

I bought this mascara and was pleased with the results. It made my eyelashes looks so full and long, but yet again I naturally have long lashes, it's just very fine. I would purchase this product more consistently if I had um, fatter pockets :)

on 12/25/2007 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this mascara after reading all the reviews and even printed off the detailed instructions given by another reviewer, but I just couldn't get this to work. No matter how I applied it, even wiping off the excess product from the wand, this applied far too much product onto my lashes. I ended up with clumps of glooped together lashes coated in mascara goo. Not recommended.

on 12/22/2007 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

When I bought it, I really fell in love. It delivered perfect volume, length, colour, and consistency. This would have been my HG mascara!
However, I'm never buying this mascara again for two reasons:
1. Both mine and my friend's dried out within a few months (less than 6!) even though I kept it in good room conditions and never left it open - the price is ridiculous for that to have happened!
2. A mascara that expensive is never worth it's performance in money, in my opinion, especially if a mascara should be thrown out every 6-12 months. There are cheaper alternatives.
Bottom line: I'll buy it again only if I've got money to spare or a special occasion to attend.