September 16, 2014 | 1252 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2007 4:19:00 PM More reviews by apee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this mascara and couldn't wait to try it on. A friend of my is a make up artist and said when she wants to splurge and treat herself, she gets this... Well, I HATED it! I felt like Tammy Faye Baker. I think it is probably the brush and packaging design that ruined it for me. The actual product wasn't bad. It left my lashes soft and pliable. Not stiff and crispy like most mascaras. And it does curl really well, but it made me look like I had a total of 5 really thick lashes. Ugh!! If they change the brush and make the container remove more product when you pull the brush out, I might buy it again
In the meantime, I've ordered the Longcils Bonzca cake mascara and am patiently waiting for it to get here with fingers crossed. ;-p

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2007 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Superangel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I keep returning to this mascara, not sure why it only rates an average 3.8 on this board. No clumping, no flaking, easy to remove yet good staying power. Its not so voluminous as something like Yves St Laurent faux, however if you have fine eyelashes this is probably more effective. My cant-go-wrong product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2007 12:07:00 PM More reviews by hippodeem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great mascara. It really opens up the lashes, I have asian lashes, dead straight and after using it, it really opens up and have a little curl. It works well, non drying , holds the curl, lengthening ish.. and volume without being over the top. Can get clumpy if its old or you are not careful. I like it better than Shu Uemura, surprisingly. will have to try the Shiseido one and will report soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2007 7:11:00 AM More reviews by c00ki312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a sample size free with purchase and though I heard great reviews for this, I didnt actually think it would make such a difference. I have asian lashes. Thin but medium length. WOW!!! my lashes have never got so long! i curl with shu uemeras lash curler, then apply shiseido mascara base then hypnose and my lashes become dark, v long and the curl stays on all day! i realy reccommend and will be purchasing again :)

EDIT: this mascara is still going strong and will make your lashes sooo gorgeous!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2007 9:53:00 PM More reviews by LizC21

I bought this in Deep Black...makes my lashes super dark, a little longer, and super thick...makes me look like I have a ton more lashes than normal! I am ALWAYS on the hunt for the perfect mascara...this and Diorshow come close! Both are the same price...$23.00. I hate spending that much for mascara since I like to replace tubes every three months, but both are the best mascaras I've tried. I like the Diorshow brush better though. Haha...I like how sometimes I make my review 2 in 1. :D

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2007 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Fashion_Hottie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm someone who tries different mascaras til I find the 1 that gives me the longest, fullest eyelashes. I heard so many good reviews on this product & that it's even better than YSL Faux Cils & Diorshow (my 2favs) - this was definitely not the case for me.

Bad points: Not the best brush as it goes all over my eyelids, doesn't lengthen that much, clumps unless brush is wiped ALOT, not good value for money, to get bold dramatic colour there needs to be at least 3layers & the shape of the wand is not easy to grip.

Good points: It really curls lashes even without eyelash curlers, normal product stays put pretty well with little flakes etc & once brush has been wiped of clumps it does separate lashes reasonably well.

Overall: If you just want curled lashes with little drama, then this maybe fine for you. However, as I wanted big, dramatic lashes, this does not compare to YSL & Dior. I won't be re-purchasing....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 8:00:00 PM More reviews by eurobarbie

This has got to be the best mascara i have tried. My lashes are long but not very thick and this mascara does the absolute best job. even the one that isnt waterproof has never flaked on me. The only bad thing about it sometimes you can get a dodgy tube thats sort of dry, in whih case this will work just a like a cheap mascara, but you can usuakky bring it back and exchange it at the place you got it, because when you open it it has to be really thick and wet. its amazing when you have a fresh tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2007 10:34:00 PM More reviews by LeisyB

This is my HG mascara it volumizes, lengthens and seperates. To apply I zigzag the brush from the base to the tips of my lashes to fully coat them with the product then sweep the brush through to evenly spread. I wait until it has nearly dried then repeat again. I used to work for Lancome and swear this mascara can make even the shortest straightest lashes look fab. If your eyelashes are very straight use the waterproof version and follow the same application but hold the brush underneath lashes until product has dried this will set the curl in your lashes and it will last all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2007 11:07:00 PM More reviews by preci0us_dreams

Good quality mascara that I would probably buy again. Does not clump and lengthens quite well with the use of a primer. It gives simlar results to EL More than Mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2007 7:06:00 AM More reviews by Steff05

I can't really comment on the price or packaging because I only have a sample of this product that came as a free gift.

I've been using it the past few days and it seems really good.

Usually i find with mascara that I always have to clean my lashes with something like eye make up remover then apply the mascara not too soon after to avoid clumps.

I think that this is a fairly expensive mascara from what I've heard and considering it's not just a normal "drug store" brand.

This being said, I find the results exactly the same as my MaxFactor masterpiece mascara.

Overall pretty good but i probably wouldnt buy it again considering I already have a much cheaper alternative.