Lancome Hypnose

3.8

Ingredients: aqua, paraffin, beeswax, stearic acid, carnauba wax, acacia, palmitic acid, triethanolamine, PEG-40 stearate, simethicone, sodium polymethacrylate, aminomethyl propanediol, hydrogenated jojoba oil, hydrogenated palm oil, hydroxyethylcellulose, panthenol, polyquaternium-10, methylparaben, propylparaben, bht. May contain: CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77492/CI 77499/CI 77491 (iron oxides), CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), mica.

on 12/26/2007 4:30:00 PM

Alot of people say "It doesn't do anything, its hard to apply" yada yada yada. But when applied correctly it's a great mascara. It extends and seperates the lashes. I recommend having the Lady at the makeup counter show you how to apply it. It gives the appearance of false lashes. Its not rocket science but it is a little awkward at first.

on 12/25/2007 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

I bought this mascara and was pleased with the results. It made my eyelashes looks so full and long, but yet again I naturally have long lashes, it's just very fine. I would purchase this product more consistently if I had um, fatter pockets :)

on 12/25/2007 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this mascara after reading all the reviews and even printed off the detailed instructions given by another reviewer, but I just couldn't get this to work. No matter how I applied it, even wiping off the excess product from the wand, this applied far too much product onto my lashes. I ended up with clumps of glooped together lashes coated in mascara goo. Not recommended.

on 12/22/2007 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

When I bought it, I really fell in love. It delivered perfect volume, length, colour, and consistency. This would have been my HG mascara!
However, I'm never buying this mascara again for two reasons:
1. Both mine and my friend's dried out within a few months (less than 6!) even though I kept it in good room conditions and never left it open - the price is ridiculous for that to have happened!
2. A mascara that expensive is never worth it's performance in money, in my opinion, especially if a mascara should be thrown out every 6-12 months. There are cheaper alternatives.
Bottom line: I'll buy it again only if I've got money to spare or a special occasion to attend.

on 12/21/2007 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

a little disappointed with this mascara..it do nothing on my lash ...no volume ,no lengthen ...and its not cheap ,i did rather spend my $ on loreal cheaper and better result !...

on 12/21/2007 3:26:00 AM

Definetly in my Top 3 Mascara's ever used!
Works well even without an eyelash curler
can be a little goopy on some days

on 12/19/2007 2:22:00 PM

Man, I love this stuff. I usually use about 3-4 coats of mascra to get the look I want to achieve, but just 2 coats of this is great for daytime and then I can always intensify. Doesn't flake or run on me at all, no smuding unless I've laid down. Will repurchase.

on 12/17/2007 10:26:00 PM

I really had high hopes for the product since I would always hear that Lancome makes the best mascara (It does come from the same L'oreal Company who makes Maybelline Great Lash!). For reference, I'm Asian with annoyingly stubborn short, thin and straight lashes. I'm always on the lookout for great mascara that can gives thick lashes. Sadly, Lancome's Hypnose didn't do anything for me, except for clumpy lashes. No matter how careful am I with wiggling the mascara brush to avoid the clumps, a huge chunk of black ink would end up in between lashes. I've also tried using tissue to wipe off excess product, before I apply mascara, but no use.

I actually got this in a special gift from Lancome, where they bundled Hypnose and Defincils mascara. I was told that to get THE BEST results, i had to use both, which I did. I think Defincils performed better eventhough I still didn't get thick lashes, my lashes stayed curled up all day. With Hypnose, after applying, my lashes would slowly fall and end up straight again. However, despite using both at the same time, I found that Definicils dried up faster compared to Hypnose. Still, this isn't enough reason for me to repurchase. For now, I'm happier with Fasio Mascara.

on 12/17/2007 3:43:00 AM

This higher-end product gives decent results. I look mascara to thicken and lenghten my fairly long and thick lashes for a dramatic look. If i want natural result i can buy one of cheaper mascaras and be happy with it.
This mascara gives nice volume and lenght, some curl too after several coats. But i hate that sometimes it can go very clumpy. However, it does not make lashes stif or hard. I think it's the high end variant of l'oreal's lash architect. Lancome is way better, no doubt, but for the price it's not the best product for me. It drys quite fast. I expected more ( more drama and quality) of this product.

on 12/15/2007 9:22:00 PM

Edit 20/02/2010: For the girls on budget, I find Maybelline Lash Stiletto really similar to the Hypnose mascara and so far I'm liking the Lash Stiletto...

Original review: I am asian, so I have straight thin lashes. Hypnose works wonderful on my lashes, it really adds a little bit of volume and a lot of length on my lashes. First I use the Shisheido Mascara base, add two coats of Hypnose and curl it with the Shu Uemura curler. I have been using my Hypnose tube for two months now and I haven't seen any clumps yet. The brush size is ok, but I don't really like the shape of it, it's pretty hard to reach the outer and inner corner lashes. Overall a great product, but it's still not perfect, it doesn't really lift the lashes. I would repurchase this product though.