January 25, 2015 | 1603 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2007 3:43:00 AM More reviews by pupiq

This higher-end product gives decent results. I look mascara to thicken and lenghten my fairly long and thick lashes for a dramatic look. If i want natural result i can buy one of cheaper mascaras and be happy with it.
This mascara gives nice volume and lenght, some curl too after several coats. But i hate that sometimes it can go very clumpy. However, it does not make lashes stif or hard. I think it's the high end variant of l'oreal's lash architect. Lancome is way better, no doubt, but for the price it's not the best product for me. It drys quite fast. I expected more ( more drama and quality) of this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2007 9:22:00 PM More reviews by VeryVain1985

Edit 20/02/2010: For the girls on budget, I find Maybelline Lash Stiletto really similar to the Hypnose mascara and so far I'm liking the Lash Stiletto...

Original review: I am asian, so I have straight thin lashes. Hypnose works wonderful on my lashes, it really adds a little bit of volume and a lot of length on my lashes. First I use the Shisheido Mascara base, add two coats of Hypnose and curl it with the Shu Uemura curler. I have been using my Hypnose tube for two months now and I haven't seen any clumps yet. The brush size is ok, but I don't really like the shape of it, it's pretty hard to reach the outer and inner corner lashes. Overall a great product, but it's still not perfect, it doesn't really lift the lashes. I would repurchase this product though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2007 1:49:00 PM More reviews by bambi53

This is a great mascara. It gives lots of volume and it makes my eyes look beautiful. And doesn't clump either. It also has a pretty design. One of the best i have had. A bit too expensive though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2007 3:09:00 PM More reviews by diva23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an okay mascara, it really doesn't lengthen my lashes much, and it does an okay job with thickening, but I really wasn't that impressed. I've moved on to L'extreme, which does a better job making my lashes stand out more.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2007 4:58:00 PM More reviews by cookielicious82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this perfume is lovely...its a unique smell....i have alot of perfumes and i use this a lot espcially for work....i have been complemented on it....i didnt get the eau de parfum i got the eau de friche and its slightly lighter....i got this instead of the other due to a big bottle and cheaper....but love the smell and recommended...

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2007 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Jenneh

I got a sample of this with my GWP when I bought a Lancome moisturizer. I normally don't use mascara because I'm lazy, but a tiny sample tube of this stuff goes a long way. Plus, I always get another GWP with a sample of a Lancome mascara, so I never have to bother to really go out and buy one (which I normally jsut buy drugstore brand anyways). I absolutely love how rich and deep of a black the color Black is, unlike the Definicils which is more of a gray-ish black. The mascara does well for volumizing, and defining my thin, sparse Asian lashes, but what I dislike about it is that it tends to clump and it doesn't really seem to lengthen my lashes nearly as much as the Definicils, which usually doesn't clump for me. The other thing that turns me off is the pricing of the mascara; with something I'd normally get rid of within a month or so, $23 is a bit expensive for my tastes. And for such a so-so item, I could probably find something much cheaper that'll give a similar result.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 12:51:00 AM More reviews by julevasquez

I love this mascara. I use to use Magnificils, then Intencils, now Hypnose. I absolutely love it. I have longer lashes but, they are fine. This plumps them up and gives me great lashes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2007 12:16:00 AM More reviews by buechmn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after I ran out of my L'extreme to give it a try, and the makeup ladies were just hyping it up... So I gave in and bought it.. and I regret that I did. It was really awkward to apply and it did absolutely nothing for my lashes. I missed my L'extreme so bad that I just ended up chucking it.
This mascara was about as useless as Diorshow, and highly overrated.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2007 9:21:00 PM More reviews by ynnej

I recently switched from Defensils to try out Hypnose, given all of the hype it gets. However, a great deal of clumpy mess comes out onto the wand when you try to apply it. I have to spend at least a minute scraping the excess off of the wand before I even attempt to apply it. Even so, it still applies clumpily and leaves my lashes spidery looking. Definitely going back to Defencils.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2007 2:20:00 PM More reviews by lauradfromnc

This is a very good mascara that has a nice consistency and can be built up for a full, long lash, or left light for a very natural un-madeup look. For a full effect I like to put on a coat after curling my lashes and then use my MAC mascara fan brush like a rake to completely separate lashes. After they have dried I then apply a second coat and my eyes look large and bright. The other thing I really like is that it comes off cleanly with eye makeup remover. No sticky buildup or residue on the lash or skin.