October 22, 2014 | 1287 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2007 9:21:00 PM More reviews by ynnej

I recently switched from Defensils to try out Hypnose, given all of the hype it gets. However, a great deal of clumpy mess comes out onto the wand when you try to apply it. I have to spend at least a minute scraping the excess off of the wand before I even attempt to apply it. Even so, it still applies clumpily and leaves my lashes spidery looking. Definitely going back to Defencils.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2007 2:20:00 PM More reviews by lauradfromnc

This is a very good mascara that has a nice consistency and can be built up for a full, long lash, or left light for a very natural un-madeup look. For a full effect I like to put on a coat after curling my lashes and then use my MAC mascara fan brush like a rake to completely separate lashes. After they have dried I then apply a second coat and my eyes look large and bright. The other thing I really like is that it comes off cleanly with eye makeup remover. No sticky buildup or residue on the lash or skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2007 3:38:00 AM More reviews by annaamin

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

everytime i buy new mascara i buy a different one so that hopefully i can try so many that i find the one best for me. for me, this rates far in front of ysl everlong and just a little behind ysl effet faux cils.i really like this though, it doesnt clump too bad however i find it quite hard to get a fan effect so i have to use an eyelash comb (which is a bit of a pain) but i can get away without one if i dont have one handy. the curl holds quite well (a million times better than everlong!!) , but it doesnt thicken as well as ysl effet faux cils. ive also found that this flakes quite badly.these flakes are small though and easy to brush aside with your finger.this stuff is easy to remove too but doesnt smudge under your eyes during the day. all in all, a definite thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2007 7:07:00 AM More reviews by munchkinhead

This product def does wat it says on the box, it curls, makes your lashes longer and thicker, i just wish it wasn't so expensive as i tend to use mascra so often :( will defo buy again, this is my HG mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2007 11:27:00 PM More reviews by jchantery

Ok, firstly I THINK, the application of mascara is vital in how your mascara can work. You really need to edge the mascara at the very base of your lashes and close your eye, while at the same time brushing through the mascara, repeatedly. For an intense deep dark lash, you must do this twice and don't worry about the mascara drying out on you. YES i will agree that some formula's are dry and that is just bad luck, however return the product and swap out for a new tube. OK, this mascara is beautiful to apply, it's not too thick, not too thin, it does not clump or flake and it stays put all day long.
Waterproof version works just as well, if you cry then believe me it will hold up. There are some formulas, that just won't do no matter how much you apply it correctly, the product just won't stick to the lashes. Lancome, Shiseido, Yves Saint Laurent, Clarins and Loreal have the best formulas for mascara and are worth the money. Its a pity they run out quickly, as you tend to use mascara every single day. I WILL keep buying this mascara it's buildable and consistency is absolutely thorough.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2007 4:19:00 PM More reviews by apee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this mascara and couldn't wait to try it on. A friend of my is a make up artist and said when she wants to splurge and treat herself, she gets this... Well, I HATED it! I felt like Tammy Faye Baker. I think it is probably the brush and packaging design that ruined it for me. The actual product wasn't bad. It left my lashes soft and pliable. Not stiff and crispy like most mascaras. And it does curl really well, but it made me look like I had a total of 5 really thick lashes. Ugh!! If they change the brush and make the container remove more product when you pull the brush out, I might buy it again
In the meantime, I've ordered the Longcils Bonzca cake mascara and am patiently waiting for it to get here with fingers crossed. ;-p

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2007 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Superangel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I keep returning to this mascara, not sure why it only rates an average 3.8 on this board. No clumping, no flaking, easy to remove yet good staying power. Its not so voluminous as something like Yves St Laurent faux, however if you have fine eyelashes this is probably more effective. My cant-go-wrong product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2007 12:07:00 PM More reviews by hippodeem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great mascara. It really opens up the lashes, I have asian lashes, dead straight and after using it, it really opens up and have a little curl. It works well, non drying , holds the curl, lengthening ish.. and volume without being over the top. Can get clumpy if its old or you are not careful. I like it better than Shu Uemura, surprisingly. will have to try the Shiseido one and will report soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2007 7:11:00 AM More reviews by c00ki312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a sample size free with purchase and though I heard great reviews for this, I didnt actually think it would make such a difference. I have asian lashes. Thin but medium length. WOW!!! my lashes have never got so long! i curl with shu uemeras lash curler, then apply shiseido mascara base then hypnose and my lashes become dark, v long and the curl stays on all day! i realy reccommend and will be purchasing again :)

EDIT: this mascara is still going strong and will make your lashes sooo gorgeous!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2007 9:53:00 PM More reviews by LizC21

I bought this in Deep Black...makes my lashes super dark, a little longer, and super thick...makes me look like I have a ton more lashes than normal! I am ALWAYS on the hunt for the perfect mascara...this and Diorshow come close! Both are the same price...$23.00. I hate spending that much for mascara since I like to replace tubes every three months, but both are the best mascaras I've tried. I like the Diorshow brush better though. Haha...I like how sometimes I make my review 2 in 1. :D