September 1, 2014 | 2194 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Coco Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2007 10:36:00 PM More reviews by bk2grace

I can write an entire ode to Coco Mademoiselle. It smells absolutely gorgeous and makes me feel instantly glamorous. I could just smell the bottle and I'd think of beautiful things and good memories. I love scents that have an orange/citrusy note in them, I used to wear Clinique Happy in high school, so when I wanted a perfume with more depth to it, the bergamot note in this struck me as perfect. The vanilla also softens it so that it's not just a regular "fresh" scent. And whenever I wear this, my boyfriend tells me I smell lovely as if I was wearing it for the first time. I also think the art deco style of the bottle is beautiful, as are all Chanel fragrances. This is probably one I'll keep for the rest of my life.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2007 7:38:00 PM More reviews by colorfulme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the way this fragrance smells on other people. I love the way it smells from sniffing the bottle. I wish I could wear it, but sadly, I can't. This fragrance goes sour on me most of the time. I have had other fragrances do this on me, unfortunately, like Jesus del Pozo's Halloween, that smelled very similar to cat piss on me. Thank God Coco Mademoiselle doesn't smell as bad on me, but it still smells bad and I can't make it work. And I tried, I tried for a couple of months, because I wanted to make it work, it's such a beautiful scent. Those of you that can wear it, enjoy!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2007 3:59:00 AM More reviews by fishlipz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ONE lippie for its staying power, but i should make that a NEGATIVE lippie because I duno who would want that smell to stay on. I duno if it's my body chemistry or whatever, but I sprayed some on my wrist at the mall just to see what the hype was about and I duno, it just smelled kinda annoying.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2007 12:19:00 PM More reviews by bordelonc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this last fall and loved it. Used half my big bottle. I find the scent sexy and I feel super sexy when I wear it. My hubby loves it too but his favorite is the original Coco. I love to wear Coco Mademoiselle when I am going out during the fall and winter months or wear to work. Not a young scent.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2007 6:49:00 PM More reviews by KarenCG

I am no fragrance expert, but I do know what I do and don't like, and I definitely DON'T like this..... but have never been much of a Chanel fragrance fan. It has a "manly scent" to it to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2007 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Adrianka88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Actually, purchased this perfume for my mom who is very sensitive to most sents. To my surprise she loved it! I also am a fan of this perfume, sweet, not to overpowering but lasting. I would say Chance by Chanel is similar when it comes to the type of scent and not being overpowering but lasting. try them!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2007 3:54:00 PM More reviews by geg203

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I disagree with those that say Coco Mademoiselle is "not as sophisticated" as the other Chanel fragrances simply because it is younger. What is great about Chanel is that both grand dames and youths can feel chichi and ladylike when spritzed with her perfumes. I gave this a good review because I feel its lightness makes it more wearable and versatile, but no less classy, than the other Chanel scents.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2007 11:36:00 PM More reviews by ashebuga1017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have heard a lot of great things about this perfume, so I was thrilled to receive a sample of it. I was worried that the scent was going to be a little "mature" for my taste; however, I instantly fell in love with the rich, sensual oriental notes. I wear this ultra classy scent only for special occasions and always receive compliments. The only downfall to this fragrance is that it is extremely expensive! Oh well... maybe I'll get as a gift for a birthday or something.. until then, I will be rationing the sample!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2007 7:59:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like Coco Mademoiselle, but I do think this is a "young" perfume and not as sophisticated as some of the more old skool Chanel fragrances. I can still pull off young for a few more years and I enjoy wearing this for fun, but not all the time. The dry down reminds me a lot, and I mean a lot, of Flowerbomb (a tidbit- one of the creators of Flowerbomb is the son of the creator of Coco Mademoiselle), not entirely gourmande but close. In fact, people sometimes think I am wearing Flowerbomb when I wear this. Is it my body chemistry? One thing I love when smelling it on myself is that there is a note that reminds me of the effervescence of champagne...it smells "bubbly" and this bubbly note is what sets it apart from Flowerbomb for my nose.
I think Coco Mademoiselle is a cute perfume. Not for hardcore perfume addicts but nice. I think it is also a good neutral scent if you are in a situation (job interview, funeral) where you want to smell nice but do not want an aggressive or overly sexy perfume. The staying power of the EDP is also the best I have had in any Chanel perfume, one spray lasts all day (whereas I put on Cristalle, my one true love, two or three times). I think just for convenience I will rebuy (I have the edp and the cute purse twist edts) as this fragrance is versatile, even if everybody wears it where I am. If you have the cash, this is a good fragrance to have in the arsenal, but it may not be in HG territory for everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2007 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Tasha83

Im 24yrs old and this is one of my favourite perfumes, it is just so classy and the bottle design is great. Plus a little goes a long way! I think the EDP is better than the EDT for me, as the scent lasts all day. It can be a bit overpowering in the summer if I wear it during the day so I just stick to wearing it when I go out at night...and I get many compliments!