Chanel Coco Mademoiselle

4.2

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is lovely stuff. I don't know if I'd run out and buy it for myself, considering the premium Chanel charges and that the lasting power is not fantastic, but it seems like it would make a great gift. I find the advertising rather tacky, though. They couldn't put a stitch of clothing on that Knightley girl? She's a pretty girl, but all you see is skin and a carefully placed bowler hat. Give me a break. The fragrance is so classy, but from the advertising, you wouldn't know it. As to how it compares to Miss Dior Cherie, it's much better. Miss Dior Cherie is just too much. It practically made me gag.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I finally smelled this the other day while out perfume testing for xmas. I was looking for a new signature scent & was dying to try the chanels. This is the scent that i chose. I am in love w/ the regular coco. But 2 different friends of mine wear it & I do not want to smell like somebody else I know. Coco M is kind of peppery smelling but very nice. I don't like the retail price so I'm having my bf buy it off ebay for $33 for 3.4 oz. I love this !

Ahhh....most would say this is a dupe of Miss Dior Cherie, to some degree yes, but Miss Coco is a bit easier on the sinuses than Cherie. I swapped my Cherie away because my nose kept picking up "synthetic", with Miss Coco M, it's smoother and maybe not as cloying. I bought the EDT because the parfum faded within minutes on me. I am hard to please with fragrances and my tastes range anywhere from Oriental woods to Floriental, just depends on how the notes are blended and layered. To those picky orientals who can't seem to find a fragrance for the winter months....check this one out!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Darn it!
Just when I get sick of smelling different perfumes, I go and find one that I love! This is that one.

I'd read the raves about it, but was wary of even trying something that seems so popular(same problem I had with Angel, but I got over it lol).

The first time I sprayed Coco Mademoiselle on I couldn't smell anything. At all. The orange was sooo light on me that I forgot about it after that. Later in the day my hand crossed in front of my nose and I smelled something. I didn't recognize it or remember what it was. I kind of liked it, but wasn't sure.

Fast forward a few months later I sprayed this on my hand again and then remembered about the light oranges and sprayed twice. Not the best idea as I ended up wafting Mademoiselle all over the city from the 2 sprays on my hand. BUT what I smelled was lovely. Very fresh and feminine. As it dried down it developed some warmth, a natural slightly spicy, sweet woodiness. I'm guessing it's the combination of vanilla & patchouli, but the patchouli in this is easier to wear than the one in Angel(although I love Angel as well). I loved how it was so clear, no powderiness or musty, murkiness anywhere. It contains vanilla but doesn't *smell* like vanilla. It was so unique that even it's mass popularity couldn't take away from how much I was enjoying it.

I could smell it on me all day long. I washed my hands numerous times throughout the day and I could still smell it on the back of my hand. It was very light, but it was there.

This fragrance could probably work with a woman of any appearance, in any age bracket. It's just feminine and fresh with enough depth, warmth, and sweetness to make it interesting and sexy.

5 Lippies all the way and I'll definitely be repurchasing!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is SOOOO PRETTY AND CLASSY!! I'm pretty picky with fragrances. I went to the store to try to find something new. I really liked Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle and Chance so I sprayed them both on a card, and went home - I liked both a lot, but over the next few days, I'd smell the cards, and the more I smelled them, the more I leaned towards Coco Mademoiselle. The Chance is lovely too, and I'll probably try that next. So I went to the store, sprayed it on me, and instantly fell in love. This fragrance is classy, warm, sexy, sophisticated, and sensual with a very light sweetness to it. It's young but not girly. A little goes a LONG way. I sprayed this on a card and days later, you could still smell it. I also sprayed ONE spray on my wrist and rubbed them together, HOURS AGO, and it's still going strong. So all you need is a little bit. I will definitely buy this again. It's worth the money. I love classy, sexy fragrances and this one fits perfectly in that category! This is my new favorite perfume - when you wear it, it makes you feel sexy, classy, beautiful, and just special!!

I tried it in Sephora and really liked it. I bought the EDP but to my surprise, after an hour, there is nothing to smell. I tried it on my husband, the same result. I mean this is Chanel and you pay $80 for 1.7 oz. I just returned it.

This fragrance is one of the few Chanel ones that works on me. I have the EDP, which starts with really fresh citrus top notes, moves on to the feminine rose and jasmine middle notes, and then the lovely warm vanilla and patchouli base notes. On me, the smell starts out very powerfully and orangey, then mellows into a beautiful warm and slightly spicy scent. The staying power is great, too. With the EDP, a little goes a very long way so don't be tempted to over apply. (It's good that a little goes a long way, mind, as Chanel doesn't come cheaply.) Sophisticated without being too strong, it's certainly something I'd wear during the day in autumn and winter.

Other people have commented this smells like Miss Dior Cherie, but I disagree. Coco isn't as sweet and is a lot warmer and has a citrus kick. I like MDC too, but it's a much fruitier, fresher and girlier scent that lacks the warm and musky base so I find it better for wearing in the summer.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

oooo i love the smell of this perfume! the lasting power was one of the best i ever used. even got a lady off the street came to me asking what perfume i'm using! amazing!

Another favorite. So unique. Not like the original Coco. Much softer and wearable. Coco makes me gag. But Coco Mademoiselle is wonderful. I have the EDP. Use sparingly. It's strong.

It is interesting how some scents never fail to uplift your mood. Coco Mademoiselle does that for me, and I see it as being modern, but classic. This is a very sophisticated, but youthful scent that is appropriate for a woman of any age, but perfect for a young woman, like myself. I like how it is elegant, but never stuffy. Mademoiselle is definitely very sexy, and it has an extremely comforting quality about it. I find it interesting that it smells different on everyone. This smells more "citrus" and earthy on my friend, but a bit more spicy vanilla and floral on me. I would recommend the EDP, because it is fuller-bodied and allows you to capture the real beauty in this scent. It starts with citrus, followed by jasmine and rose, and ending with patchouli and vanilla. Oddly enough, it is fresh and soft, but strong and intoxicating all at once. The bottom line is though, you only need one spray of it, and it lasts long. The EDT is nice and long-lasting, but is heavier on the patchouli and lighter on the florals. Coco Mademoiselle stands out as one of my very favorites in my large collection. It always makes me feel confident and classy!

Popular Fragrances