September 1, 2014 | 1571 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2009 8:28:00 AM More reviews by tschueli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like it! I wanted to use it as a neutral base for matte looks, but it just doesn't work --> it creases after like 2 or 3 hours :-( and i have no idea why!! nothing like my other paintpot rubenesque, which works perfectly and lasts all day long...
really dissapointed by this one!
i've heard that some people also use it on their lips to get a nude look, think I'll try that next...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2009 10:21:00 PM More reviews by sweetie1528

it's good, but I like my UDP much more.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by genica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Of the dozen or so paint pots I own Painterly is the first one I've been dissapointed with. I swapped for this so that I would have a neutral matte base to wear with my matte shadows. Specifically I was looking for a base to wear under Blanc Type. I am NW15 and Painterly turned Blanc Type orange on my lids after appx 6 hours of wear. It was really, really ugly. I also tried Painterly under a darker e/s and I wasn't impressed. I just felt like this sucked the color out of my shadows, which is ironic since all the other paint pots I've ever used made my e/s more vibrant. I recently swapped it away for TFSI and am much happier. I still love paint pots in general and Painterly had great texture and didn't crease. This color in particular just did not work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2009 9:43:00 PM More reviews by ksasr05

This is one of the best eye shadow bases I have ever used. It goes on very smooth and creamy...it is also a great nude color to match my skin tone. It also makes my eye shadow pop and look smooth...I really, really love this stuff...I use it everyday!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this as an eyeshadow base. Bases by Lancome and Estee Lauder would cause my eyes to break out in pimples over eyelids. Those weren't pretty and they hurt! So far, no problems with breakouts, and it helps my e/s last at least 6 hours. Will buy again!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by HeatherLouWho

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Use: I use this as a primer.

Feel: This has the consistency of a cream eyeshadow. It blends easily over my lid with either my finger or a brush. It is not too dewy or sticky provided I don't put it on too thick. However, I accidentally left the lid off for a few hours and now it is more difficult to smooth out.

Smell: I don't notice a smell.

Price: It is $16.50 for 5 grams or .17 fl. oz. Even if used daily it should last you a while. Per once it is more than UDPP and TF Shadow Insurance.

Sensitivity Issues: My eyes are sensitive and this does not cause them to burn or water.

Performance: The PaintPot definitely makes colors more vibrant when applied and makes blending a breeze, very similar in that respect to the Shadow Insurance. However, my eyeshadow creases easily and the wear on this is not as long as the Shadow Insurance. I find I can go about 6 hours without a crease. There are situations where I feel this is better than the Shadow Insurance, such as when I just want to put something on my lids and head out the door or when I am using loose eye shadows or pigments as I feel that they adhere better to the PaintPot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2009 6:47:00 AM More reviews by maggiealex

a very very good eye base for makeup that doesnt crease on me! helps shadows stay longer-espescially when you are foiling them. colour is neutral beige so fits any fair or medium skin tone. i only wish it was a bit more sticky so that glitter would stick too

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 8:22:00 PM More reviews by cathymakeupart

love, Love, LOVE! I neverrrr leave my house wearing eyeshadow without wearing my painterly paint underneath! Why spend the money on eyeshadow when it doesn't last on? Might as well invest in a paint to ensure that i'm getting MAX lasting power, wear and intensity of every one of my eye shadows! Especially for clients (ie:on sets and for brides who need to be in their makeup for super long hours!) Even on it's own, i find it really evens out the colour of my lid and brighten my eye area instantly! Best choice in colour of the bunch because i can layer any colour on top of it (since it's so neutral/nude), without having to worry about my eyeshadow colours being altered! Groundwork works great in replacement of Painterly for tanned or darker skin tones. Love the paint tubes also, and they do keep my eyeshadow in place slightly longer than the paint pots, but the pots have a much smoother application an d intensify the look/pigment of my eyeshadow just as good!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by brandylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So I decided to give this a go because I wanted to try this over TFSI to make my shadow last even longer (I'm looking for around 12 hours of wear)..This product couldn't look anymore like concealer to me lol..It's a great color and really evens out my lids, I guess like concelear would. I was suprised it was so thick though, I thought it would feel more like cream eyeshadow. It really accentuates my flakey lids (from TFSI I guess- happens with all primers I use) so I will need to find a good eye cream to add into my routine. This does a good job at preparing the lid for shadow, like others are saying- it really evens out skin and my eyeshadow seemed to stick to it pretty well..However, for me, it did not make my TFSI last much longer, but I guess 9 hours is ok. Not sure if I would repurchase but I may change my mind after I play around with this some more since I haven't used it by itself or with other brands of shadows yet aside from Ben Nye. Oh yea and I was also hoping it would help my liquid liner from creeping (it happens in the inner corners of my eyes over the course of about 8 hours) but this didn't help at all.
*update*
Without TFSI, this creased after like 3 hours :-( and even with a concelar brush (as some people recommended) I still can't get this on without it looking like crap!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 10:54:00 AM More reviews by mylychee

This is a good base for eyelids. It's such a nude color that it doesn't show much but creates a smooth canvas for my lids when applying eyeshadows. I have no complaint of the container since it gives it substance. It wasn't cheap but worth a try.