September 16, 2014 | 1890 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2006 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Nelly126

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! It's my HG. I have tried practically every leave in/heat styler possible from drugstores and high end products. They all seem to work like a charm the first 2-3 uses and then they coat the hair and it does not work any longer. This product has worked for me and given me beautiful results with EVERY use. I have waist length curly hair. I use this for blow drying my hair and as a leave in also in letting my hair air dry. I just towel dry my hair, spray the heat tamer, detangle my hair and then start the scrunching process. My hair air drys into beautiful curls, shiny, healthy and super soft. I receive compliments all the time while my hair is straight or curly and I owe it to this product. Give it a shot. Leaves the hair super soft, weightless and not feeling as if there is any product at all on it. Which is a huge plus in my book.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2006 7:16:00 PM More reviews by blondemommy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had been using the V05 Miracle Mist, but got disillusioned with how quickly I was going through bottles of it (and my hair is only to my collar bone). And since this product has 8 oz. instead of 5 or so oz., I thought I'd give it a try. I honestly can't tell the difference between the two as far as quality. I actually like the smell of this better than the Miracle Mist. To me Instant Heat Tamer smells like fruit/berries. I'm sure it's not a smell everyone will find appealing, though. But to me it is pleasant. I think I will continue to buy this product, unless my hair suffers from it in the long run. I highly doubt that is possible though, since my hair has been like straw for ages. LOL...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2006 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Justina17

I was very disappointed in this product. There is no alcohol listed in the ingredients but I definitely can smell it when I spray it. My hair seems to be more drier than usual through out and near the roots it's kind of poof.

I used the V05 in the past and flat ironed in my sleep and it always came out pin straight and shiny. I'm definitely taking a trip over the border this weekend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2006 8:20:00 AM More reviews by patpatpat

I only use this when it's absolutely necessary i.e. before straightening iron. But that's the only time I can use this stuff. In my mind I think it's protecting my hair... maybe it's only in my mind! Anyway, can't use it with normal blow drying cos it doesn't do much and makes hair dirty much quicker. Now that I don't use straightening irons or even blow drying my hair much (going for a more natural wavy look...) there's really no use for this at all! Just collecting dust... Oh well. Will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2006 5:49:00 PM More reviews by ErCar

I know this gets a bad rap on the hair board, but I actually like this very much.I have lived off of Vo5 Miracle Mist for the last yr. I've literally gone through about 10 bottles of that stuff and I love it. But I went to the drug store last week to buy more and saw this on the shelf. Since it was bigger and only a dollar more I thought i'd give it a try. It has a pleasant smell and it sprays more evenly than the Vo5. After blow-drying, my hair wasn't stiff or crunchy at all (which I am always nervous about) but shiny and soft. I've used it twice now with the same results. However on the boards someone posted that they had good results with this at first and then it completely dried out their hair, so I will up-date this review when I have been using it longer.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2006 4:49:00 PM More reviews by pinkbaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like TRESemme products usually, mainly their shampoos and conditioners, but their "Instant Heat Tamer Spray" did absolutely nothing for me. I thought at the very least it would make my shinier or softer, but it didn't. Don't waste your money! The only reason I gave it a two was because it was cheap and I did like the spray bottle...probably not very good reasons.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2006 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Mayerpod

This SERIOUSLY does NOTHING. Save your money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2006 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Ms_Stressa

I am one of the few who didn't have a good experience with this product. I got it because it was recommended in Shop Etc. magazine, and it seemed like a real bargain. Unfortunately, it didn't do much to protect my hair during drying or flat iron use, and it left my hair feeling 'crunchy', no matter how little product I used. I ended up tossing it and switching to V05 Miracle Spray. At least it wasn't expensive, so no big loss.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2006 5:58:00 PM More reviews by pinup_chick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't think this stuff actually does anything to prevent heat damage, but it smells nice and makes a decent leave-in conditioner/detangler. I'd buy again because it's cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2006 2:14:00 PM More reviews by cwalters1218

I use this when I flat iron my hair or before I blowdry. I love the way the really fine mist seems to coat every strand. Only drawback was the spray nozzel..it's a little akward to use at first but it gets more comfy after a little while. Seems to do a great job protecting my hair from the heat. It makes it shiny and smells great...hair feels soft afterwards too.