Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

3.7

AQUA (WATER) . CYCLOMETHICONE . GLYCERIN . TALC . PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL) . PEG/ PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE . MAGNESIUM SULFATE . TRIDECETH-3 . METHICONE . METHYLPARABEN . SQUALANE . [ /- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) . CI 77019 (MICA) . CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) . CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) . CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) . CI 75470 (CARMINE) . “NF8897” .

on 1/24/2003 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Yuk - it's ORANGE. This was so highly touted that I went for it. Looked ok at the counter when sa put it on me but, when I applied it, it looked orange on my golden olive skin. Not worth the money.

on 1/24/2003 3:00:00 PM

i have no.2. i bought it in japan and i can't find this shade anywhere in usa. only no.1s and no.3s. no.1 is too pinky for me and no.3 is too apricot and dark. no.2 is the perfect color for me. i almost used it up and am so worried if i can ever find this shade again!

on 1/22/2003 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a definite keeper..Highlights beautifully, makes fine lines and wrinkles a lot less visible..I will not be without this from now on. My only gripe is that it's expensive but worth it!

on 1/14/2003 1:20:00 AM

I love this. You put it where you have shadows or just where you have problems (i.e. zits, lines) and it deflects the light from them. It doen't complete ly cover zits, I would use a normal concealer for that, but if you put this on top it will draw attention away from it. Buy this stuff.

on 1/11/2003 11:05:00 PM

ARGH - this was expensive ($46CAD). I tried it a couple times before finally succumbing. This brightens the eye area beautifully - I use it over my concealer, and also use it as an eyeshadow base. When I use this, my eyes seem to stand out, making them more noticeable. I use a MAC Shader brush (#242) to sweep this on - hopefully I'll avoid the complaints I've heard about funky smells on the brush.
As a PPP, I got #1 - the lightest one. If you're going to try this product, try that one. UPDATE (2 weeks after purchase): Now that I've been using this for a couple weeks, I have to say that my excitement for this product has dimmed somewhat - I don't know what I was thinking - perhaps I was fooling myself, but I don't think this product is all that great. I've noticed that it cakes a little around my eyes and the colour is too light - doesn't blend in nicely. I won't be buying again. FINAL UPDATE (1 month after purchase): After not using this for about 2 weeks because I got fed up with the caking, I returned it. Because of this, I'm dropping my rating from 3 lippies to 2.

on 1/11/2003 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I was in the market for a new concealer (as always) and when the MA tried to sell me on this I was very skeptical. The color looked really weird to me and it was really expensive for the amount of product. However, once he put it on me, I was sold. A few clicks of this on my whole eye area and instantly my face was brightened. My eyes looked great! Sometimes all I needed to wear, makeup-wise, was this and NARS Malibu, for a fresh, natural looking face. I wouldn't really call this a concealer, though, you definitely need something with more pigment and a yellower color for blemishes and dark undereye circles. But this really gives your eyes a lift. I don't buy this product anymore because I've found that Revlon's Illuminating Wand is more or less identical at a fraction of the price, but I think this is a great product.

Of course I had to try this. I got it from my boyfriend after hearing all the raves about it. Luckily the lightest shade suited my skin.
I must say that it covers naturally and gives your under eye area a flawless finish. But I don't consider this to be much better than my other concealers, only more expensive. UPDATE/ Two lippies off... Not working in the long run. It dries out the eye area and is too strong to use under the eyes. This product is overhyped!!! I quit using this a long time ago.

on 12/17/2002 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Me likey the Eclat!!!I wish we could put makeup on in public so I could whip this one out.The packaging is a fabulous gold tube.You just click the button and it's touch and go,But be warned this is not for people who like heavy coverage.It is extremly sheer,but no caking whatsoever.

on 12/16/2002 3:59:00 PM

PROS: built-in brush applicator pen style; COMMENTS: not enough coverage; colors did not work for me, a thin cream formula; just like Stila's lip glaze pen, you have to be careful regarding how much product comes out

on 12/9/2002 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have been using YSL's Touche Eclat in Radiant Touch since Tina Earnshaw used it on Kate Winslet in Titanic. The way to truly test this product's ability to hide dark circles is to get out the camera! It diffuses the light from the flash. In other words the picture is different than what you see in the mirror. I have also used it over a regular concealer and to highlight. I love the pen, but the brush gets a funky smell after a while. Wipe it off, wipe again on an alcohol pad and let air dry. The pen lasts a long time and when it's empty the black button on the end weill not pop back. I always keep two or three on hand.

Popular Primer/ Correctors