April 20, 2014 | 1629 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2004 2:41:00 AM More reviews by red1123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did not like Angels when I first got it, but now that I've figured out how to use it, I love it. I have sensitive, combination skin on my face. I like to wet my face first and GENTLY (not too hard - that was my problem at first) scrub my face. Leaves me soft and glowy. Also, a tub lasts forever, so it's a really great deal.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2004 3:56:00 AM More reviews by eskimocy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

A great cleanser with lovely scent. It cleanses well especially my pores and yet not drying my dry cheek in winter. Reasonable price but the package not good.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2004 8:59:00 AM More reviews by SugarKane78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lovely gentle cleanser which makes my skin smooth and glowy. I agree that it has possibly the worst packaging ever bit it's cheap and lasts ages. I keep coming back to this one, it keeps my combo skin soft and clear.
Update: Gave up on this as it didn't really remove my make up and I found that when I got near the bottom of the pot it irritated my skin (maybe the oils sank) Would be nice as a treatment now and again but as I'm simplifying my routine it's out the window! If you don't wear make up it'll be fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2003 6:01:00 PM More reviews by red1013

I just got Angels on Bareskin as part of a LUSH Christmas present and I love it. I am still getting used to the strong smell, but I agree with some of the other reviewers that the results are worth the lavender overload. My skin gets very dry in the winter, even when I use a creamy face wash let alone a scrub, but Angels is different. The oils in it make my face feel really silky--not tight like other scrubs. I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2003 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Dawne

This is a great scrub/cleanser. I can't believe how smooth it made my skin and left a little glow to it. I didn't like the packaging as it came in a plastic tub that cracked the first day I used it. The good thing about this product is you need so little so it should last awhile. I also think it could have removed eye makeup a little bit better

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2003 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Precchan

This is an ok product for me. I have combo skin and this didn't really make me feel clean afterwards and the exfoliation wasn't that great. Didin't like the texutre much, kinda gummy. No breakouts or other big probs with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2003 6:12:00 PM More reviews by jasmine28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hate the flimsy tub it comes in but I love the product. It's very gentle and turns into a thin cleansing milk/scrub when you add water. Smells beautiful and lasts forever too.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2003 1:55:00 PM More reviews by dfdsilky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Lush products, but I wasn't real impressed with this! It didn't exfoliate very well and was difficult to work with. Herbalism works much better especially if you have problem skin!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2003 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Joey_is_Me

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this in a swap. I ahve to admit that I did not like it that much the first time i used it. I just took a dime size amount and added water...it didn't spread very well and right after using it I looked in the mirror and had a small red blotch on my cheek...which turned out to be a pimple the next day...I'm not sure if the product caused this.

The second and thrid time i used it, I mixed it with cetaphil (which i do with the orange scrub from burt's bee) and I find that it spreads better.

Although I say I won't buy it again, it's still a good scrub! I'm just not going to buy it because i ahve 3-4 other scrubs to finish and there are so many other choices out there...but maybe i might change my mind and buy it. decisions decisions...

and unlike the reviewer below, I think the packaging it alright! It's environment friendly, which is what I think LUSH is going for.
LUSh is all about beign natural, some people forget that and complaina bout their packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2003 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Angelic80

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The only disadvantage of this product is that it's packed in an ugly package. I like it a lot. I have very sensitive skin and was thinking of using only water to cleanse it, because I get all red and itchy when using foam, soap or cleansingmilks. This was the only cleanser that made my skin feel incredibly soft and clean. I just needed to get used to mixing it with some water to get the right consistence, but it's lovely and I will defenitely stick to this.