LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

on 1/12/2005 2:46:00 AM

this product is great for normal skin, abit too over exfoliating, but none the less its great.
makes my skin really smooth and moisturised feel afterwards

packaging is crappy, but definately a re purchase!

on 1/2/2005 1:18:00 AM

Angels on Bareskin comes in a rather flimsy plastic tub which I think is a pretty poor move on LUSH's part. Package it in small mason jars instead -- no harm done to the environment and they are reuseable. Plus, a mason jar would keep Angels on Bareskin far better protected than the stupid plastic tub does. Aah, I digress! Cleanser-wise Angels on Bareskin is the BEST I EVER TRIED. It left my skin soft and supple, and clear! Instantly clear! But because of the packaging and the texture (clay) of the cleanser, it gets ruined far too quickly with water and such. Also, it is a natural product without preservatives and it expires FAR too quickly for my liking (try one and a half weeks!) So be warned before you buy this cleanser -- you will have a tortuous relationship with it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

If you love the smell of lavender, this product is for you. I have oily/combination skin that needs daily exfoliation, and this super gentle, wonderful smelling scrub cleanser does it all. I splash my face with water, take a tiny pinch of AOBS, mix it with a drop or two of water in the palm of my hand, and then rub in circular motions around my face. Hasn't broken me out yet, but then again, this is recently purchased. I store it in my bathroom drawer, and I hope it will last me quite a while since a little goes a long way. Will buy again and again!

*UPDATE: Irritates me and makes me red. Discovered that I am most definately reactive to lavender oil. Will not purchase again and am wondering what the heck to do with the remaining 90 g I have left of it.

on 12/17/2004 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've only been using this for a couple of days so I don't know if I will have any adverse effects yet. I will update again. BUT so far so good. I really like how it is not your average grainy scrub-in-a-tube product but it is packaged like take-out wasabi. It is a little pricy but a little goes a long way. I'm actually not a fan of the scent. I don't know why people love it. It's just too.. natural.. like soil to me. But it's all natural and leaves my skin smooth, so I like it. =D

EDIT: I actually decided to swap this away because it leaves a thin film afterwards (which feels ungood for my combination skin). I will not be repurchasing, but I do recommend it for people with drier skin types!

I have been using Angels on Bareskin for years. It was one of the very first Lush products I tried and I love it. It gives me smooth, healthy skin and does a beautiful job exfoliating. The scent is really lovely. You have to rinse it off really well otherwise it leaves a little bit of a film on your face. It doesn't irritate my skin at all. Lush rules1 :-D

on 10/19/2004 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Aw, I'm kinda sad this product didn't work for me. I'm in the the 'makes-me-break-out' group of people so I can't use this on my face any more. It's a shame because it smells lovely in a green, earthy, natural way, and it's based on a medieval recipe so I kind of liked pretending to be a medieval damsel when using it :-)! But after using it for just over a week I was left with a horrendous break-out on my forehead, it left my face greasy so my make-up was sliding off and just generally didn't agree with my face at all. Will use up as hand scrub instead.

on 10/18/2004 11:05:00 AM

I've got oily skin, so I guess this product isn't really meant for my skin type, but I don't care, I use it anyway. I was going to buy the Herbalism one, but after I smelled AOBS, I couldn't resist it. It feels so fresh, smells lovely, and even if I accidentely get some of it in the corner of my mouth, it doesn't matter because it's all natural. I use it everyday as a cleanser. It hasn't made a significant difference to my skin, but it's a good, simple lush-smelling (half a pun intended)cleanser. UPDATE: This upset my skin when using it everyday and gave me spots, but for twice a week it's great.

on 10/13/2004 2:46:00 PM

Almost but not quite HG standard on my combination skin. Use sparingly and the tub will last forever.

on 10/12/2004 1:03:00 AM

The smell alone would make me purchase again. I'm always opening it just to sniff :) As for a cleanser, I haven't had any probs with my skin in the 4 months I've been using it. I've always had nice skin but it definetly KEEPS it looking nice! Great product-my fave from lush!

on 9/23/2004 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought a tub of this back in May, only to try it once and discard it because I didn't know how to use it. I recently came across that forgotten tub again and figured I'd just use it up (I live in a dry climate and it hadn't gone bad or anything). It is a bit unfair to review this after only a week and a half of use, but if I experience and unpleasant effects I will return to update. So far, I really love this, it makes my skin very soft. Thanks to the reviews here I learned how to properly use this and even started to enjoy the ritual of it. It's a very gentle scrub and I love the natural ingredients. I've already placed an order with Lush for more AOBS. Update: I still love this, but it's too expensive (especially with the s&h). I've found that simply using ground almonds to exfoliate does a good job and is so much cheaper.