September 1, 2014 | 1907 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2004 7:44:00 PM More reviews by violet978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not exactly sure why, but I
REALLY like this stuff. It smells awful to me but in a good way, haha!
It's a very gentle scrub, takes a few uses to get the hang of it.
It reminds me a lot of aan old, discontinued TBS product called Japanese Washing Grains, which I loved.

I will likely buy this stuff again! (I got only a half-chunk in the store)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2004 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Miss_M

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

When I first ordered this product I was pretty disappointed. I thought the smell was horrible (I never smelled natural Lavender before, just synthetic) and the stuff doesnt look very appealing either. My first reaction was "Yak, do I have to wash my face with this stinky grey mud" ?! But then I used it, and it really did wonders for my skin. My skin felt clean, soft and my blemishes were gone in a few days. The smell still isnt my fave, but started to grow on me and doesnt bother me at all anymore...

Def. one of the best cleansers Ive used so far !!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2004 3:05:00 AM More reviews by hazyidleeyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love angels on bare skin! it lives up to its name :) gentle scrubbing washes away blackheads and all that gunk yet its terribly gentle (no stinging!). i like the concept of it being solid, more natural and less preservatives,, a little goes a long way..i have to agree that the packaging is a disappointment, but i still find angels to be well worth its price..just only if a LUSH store were more accessible! this product seriously adds an extra reason to smile everyday.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2004 4:04:00 PM More reviews by em1387

when i bought this i thought it was a strange product. i thought that it wouldn't work on my combination skin because of the clay in it, and i have sensitive skin so i thought that the lavender and other exfoliants would irritate it. however i was pleasently surprised. the texture is just strange, and when you mix it with water, the consistantcy is like nothing i've experienced before. after only one use, my skin is clearer (spots i had yesterday have disappeared and i haven't put anything else on my face since i used this product!) definite improvement in skin condition. however one draw back is the packaging, it's not that sturdy, and i never have liked LUSH's packaging in the first place!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2004 12:03:00 PM More reviews by luckygirl322

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Interesting product. Left my skin soft, but I will not repurchase because I find the clay-like texture difficult to use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2004 12:10:00 PM More reviews by dumpling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This smells so lovely that is a real sensory delight to use first thing in the morning. It is mild & non drying I use this when my skin is not spotty & switch to Herbolism when it is, so cheap (in the UK) & lasts for ages, a nice gentle cleaser/scrub. I can't understand why people say it is difficult to use, it isn't but if you don't want to invest a minute more cleansing your face this isn't for you. Personally, I like the fact it isn't full of artificial fillers& emulsifiers, the ingredients are gentle & pure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2004 10:13:00 PM More reviews by tiggerfan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of the few LUSH skincare products I adore! It smells heavenly and once you master the correct water to product and mixing techniques it does a nice job on the skin. It didn't over-dry my skin nor did it make it oily either. The lavendar seeds can be a little harsh if your skin is sensitive, so just remove them after you mix it up and you should be okay. A little goes a long way too. You won't need much to get good results. My skin doesn't feel tight after use either. I wouldn't recommend this for very good makeup removal, but it's great for calming the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2004 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Sara

I received a generous sample of this from LUSH and love it! You just take a small amount and mix it in your palm with a tiny bit of water and get a paste. This leaves my skin soft and clean. It feels really good when you use it, kind of refreshing. It has lavender which smells really nice. I've been using this for a little over a week and my skin is clear! No breakouts!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2004 12:13:00 AM More reviews by icecreamgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I relaly like this stuff, though there are definitly better exfoliators out there. I like the smell and its makes my face relaly soft after. however, sometimes i still have dead skin after using it, which is annoying. so although its not the greatest exfoliator, it does smell nice and leavs skin very soft and smooth

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2004 12:07:00 AM More reviews by LPETWEB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Where have you been my whole life? I just started using this- I've had a very good run with SSC Glycolic cleanser- but still wanted to give this a try, and boy am I glad I did!

It comes in a little tub and reminds me of a mold experiment I did in grade school! You tear off a little chunk and mix it with water... then apply to your face and enjoy the wonderful lavendar smell! It really reminds me of the burts bees scrub! Deliciousness! It scrubs nicely w/o being too harsh and wowo does my skin feel so good afterwards! This is a keeper for me *along with my ssc g.cleanser*