April 20, 2014 | 909 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2004 12:42:00 PM More reviews by MelissaTC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this perfume! It is my ultimate favorite. I feel classicly sexy and sophisticated when I wear it. It is timeless and overwhelmingly wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2004 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Rhiannan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This a beautiful,fresh,classic scent.Marilyn Monroe made this fragrance a timeless classic & it's easy to see why.
This fragrance has been around for decades & has wonderful staying power.It's soft,yet mysteriously sexy.Clean & fresh with the most glorious scent that I don't think I can put into words.This is one of my hands down favourites in the fragrance department.I would have to give this a Number 1 in the classics category,& put Glow by J Lo a number 1 in the modern fragrance category.
This is one habit I never plan to kick,Chanel No 5 will always be on my vanity table.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2004 8:20:00 PM More reviews by jlaper

This is, and always will be, for me, a scent I associate with success and sophistication. It was the first parfum I purchased when I really came into my own (career wise), and while I have moved onto other scents, this one will always hold a special place for me. Totally classic.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2004 11:57:00 PM More reviews by shungp

I got the hair perfume as a gift. I think it is a great cheaper alternative to the parfume.
As for the fragrance itself: it's feminine and classy. People know this scent, and, I guess, it reminds you of the classy image of Chanel. I wouldn't go too heavy with this perfume, and usually wear it for special occasions - not for socks and sneakers.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2004 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Jujubegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite (if not my very favorite) scents. Soft, feminine, and glamorous. I feel special when I wear it.

To me, it smells like a baby powder scent, with a little soft floral fragrance added. I love it. I'm headed to Paris later this month and the Chanel store is on my list with a big star by it!

The price is a detractor, but a $50 bottle will last me for a year, with daily or near-daily use. That's not too bad. I wonder if the price of it will be more or less in Paris. Hmm.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2004 1:46:00 PM More reviews by cleanserholic

I am allergic to most perfumes, but not this one. On me, it smells nice, calm, and spicy. However it's too expensive and if I wear a perfume for more than a couple of hours I usually start getting hives, so I'd never repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2004 11:34:00 AM More reviews by kedves

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried Chanel No.5 several times over the past 25 years, but this is my last time. It repulses me more strongly each time. I first bought a small bottle in the duty-free shop as a souvenir of my first trip to Paris at age 15; I knew little about perfume but associated it with a particularly French style of beauty and sophistication. I liked it a little, wore a drop on special occasions, and thought that I might "grow into it." I didn't realize that I would grow in a completely different direction from it (much like many marriages). I wasn't especially disappointed, as there are many things I liked as a teenager that I don't like as much now; I don't have any other associations with it and no one I've known wore it. There are many perfumes that I can't stand, and I few that I have had to part company with, but No.5 is unique in its ability to make me feel physically ill. The slightest whiff gives me the dry mouth and shivers of nausea. It smells exactly the same on me as it does in the bottle, so it's not a case of its "turning" on my skin, it's something in my nose-brain connection that reacts to it. I like a few other aldehyde-based fragrances, I like powdery scents, I like many strong scents (natural and human-made), but I can't be near this one. I don't know what it is, but 5 is not my lucky number.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2004 2:44:00 PM More reviews by dkwilawan

Whow! I read the below review by "thatwhitecat" and forget my own opinion.

OK. Now for Chanel No.5. It smells good but like an old lady.
It does remind me of my childhood. But I cannot stand it on my own skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2004 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Clearing

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm 44. I understand women not liking this. This is not a modern scent. It's a famous, old, and gloriously romantic IDEA. I think most of us who love this fragrance have been around it for so many years that it holds a lot of the past for us. We smelled it on an older sister or on our mothers or our ballet teachers. I reach for it very infrequently but I've had it around ever since high school. It's memoirs in a bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2004 2:24:00 AM More reviews by adis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another one from my mom's Chanel fragrance collection ... Very sexy, just like most of Chanel fragrance. In my opinion (and my nose), I find it a bit strong compared to Allure, that's why I love Allure better, but of course I like this one too .. Unfortunately, just like other Chanel fragrances, the price is a bit steep too .. Have to think twice to purchase it :)