Chanel No.5

3.5

on 9/19/2004 5:43:00 AM

Smells like CLASSIC and not on the good way. Too strong and powdery. Gives me a headache but it is not an annoying fragrance. Just could not wear it myself.

on 9/14/2004 9:46:00 PM

This Chanel classic is not for me. It is quite a simple froral featurong Ylang Ylang, rose, jasmine, with a bit of a powdery finish. I think it is the Ylang Ylang which makes it smell like toilet freshener on me, (a bit like the L'occitane Ylang Ylang range does actually). Saying that I have noticed it as a wonderful scent on others and been surprised to hear it is No.5! On me it smells like cheap + stinky Coty L'aimant!

on 9/14/2004 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I absolutely cannot live without this fragrance.
It is simply beatiful and expresses my personality perfectly.
It is timeless, classic, chic and graceful - something you don't find in modern fragrances.
I am tired of generic bathroom-cleaning product type perfumes and I find looking to the older more established perfumes delivers results all the time.
I will never be without this fragrance.

on 9/14/2004 1:12:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

A bare bones powdery floral. A nice uncomplicated fragrance to spritz on lighly after taking a hot bath on a chilly night. I suspect that if this same scent was a recent concoction by Avon, Revlon or Coty (rather than an old one by Chanel), it would have ten reviews and nine of them would be absolutely scathing....

on 9/11/2004 6:03:00 PM

I am firmly in the camp of those who love this classic fragrance. Now, I'm no perfume expert, and
I tend to lean heavily toward the older fragrances anyway, but this scent, to me, speaks volumes of grace and class. At first spritz I can pick out no specific notes in the EDT, but after about an hour this beautifully crafted, yet otherwise indistinguishable floral concoction reveals a soft
sandalwood base.

Professional, understated, confident, timeless.

I absolutely love Chanel #5. It is sheer luxury! It's vibrant, elegant, sophisticated and feminine. I love the softness of the vanilla, rose and jasmine. It is a fragrance I would wear to bed. It makes me feel a bit sexy, a bit girly and so comfortable.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hey, girls ... Gramma here! I'm sitting here LMAO at the many references to "grandma" and "old." Admittedly, I'm probably much older than most of you at the site, but hey, I'm not THAT old. :o) I've been wearing Chanel No. 5 since I was in high school (many years ago... LOL). Almost every other fragrance I've tried gets "stinky" on my skin in a matter of minutes. *sigh* Personally, I find the fragrance of Chanel No. 5 beautiful and soft. I've had complete strangers compliment me when I was wearing it, comparing it to Johnson's baby powder. My ONLY complaint is that the scent doesn't seem to last... at least on my old lady skin. :o)

on 9/3/2004 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Somewhere along the line we as a society jumbled the terms "classic" and "old." A simple black dress is classic; Chanel #5 is old. I mean really old. It smells of alcohol and reeks of a grandma (not my grandma who smelled of tomatoes - but probably someone else's more refined grandma). This fragrance also left me with a yellow spot on the location of the squirt. If you love this perfume, great. I just hate smelling like I'm trying to mask the smell of a diaper bag.

on 8/30/2004 11:46:00 PM

I tryed this and loved it but for some reason it turned on me. For that reason I returned it. Then the sensual elixer came out and I thought about giving it another chance. Before I made my purchase my husband gave this to his mother for her birthday. Apparently she wore this while he was growing up. This may sound bad but I just can't wear something my mother-in-law wears. It just isn't happening! And to make matter worse, she is a very, very heavy smoker who stays in the house all day. When I smell this now, I have a terrible associate with the scent.

on 8/29/2004 6:42:00 AM

This is a timeless, classic scent that (in my oppinion) anyone can wear as long as it works for them. I hated this last year.
I bought a 100ml edt because my nana wears it and it`s gorgeous on her. Some MUA gals have said that it`s a bit of an old lady scent. I really don`t agree. I am 23 and love it - now...
It didn`t seem to work for me but i tried it again recently and i love it ! I am a huge fan of the 50`s and Marilyn. A time when women were glam and i feel gorgeous when i wear it.
It lasts all day on me so i don`t think that i will ever need to bother with the EDP.

Popular Fragrances