Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 3/12/2004 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

The best all-year round soap for dry, itchy skin on body and face.
Thank you, Dove!

on 3/6/2004 11:36:00 PM

I'm still amazed that a 3 (aus) dollar soap can be so effective. it has a fresh, powdery, smell that i love (those strong, citrusy/floral perfumes in bodywashes really get sickly after awhile) and it lathers up very well. The soap is deep cleansing and not drying at all. After a few days of using this on my face, i have blemish free, clear skin without a slick of shine. It clears up any spots on my chest/back, cleanses skin perfectly and leaves it feeling nourished. i never knew that plain old soap could work a thousand times better than the upmarket cleansers

on 2/17/2004 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Recommended for my combo, breakout prone skin by my dermotologist. Works great, especially for those using skin treatments.

Other than Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser occassionally, this is the only product I (now) use to cleanse my face. So I guess the name cleanserholic doesn't really apply anymore! After using many other cleansers and more often than not becoming disappointed with them, I chose the bar dermatologists (my mom used to work for them) have been recommending for years. Dove Bar keeps my skin fairly clear and always very soft. This is very good for removing makeup or loosening ingrown hairs. Don't let the drying effect put you off--as you use it more often, it goes away.

on 2/4/2004 3:32:00 PM

Probably will always go back to this soap......I itch badly from every soap except Dove and Aveeno, and I find Dove to be much more aesthetically pleasing. I hope it is ALWAYS around.

on 1/29/2004 10:49:00 PM

My mother used to work for dermatologists and she told me Dove unscented was what they usually recommended to patients with skin problems. We always had Dove in the house amd used it as a soap, hand and face wash too. I used Dove when I was younger but later on switched to a Dove liquid cleanser and then some from other companies. When I recently tried using Dove Nutrium and Dove unscented, they dried my skin out considerably.

When I was interested in trying Dove again I read a review that said the original formula is more gentle on skin then the unscented. I have now been using it for a week and I am very pleased. I love lathering up with the white, fresh-smelling bar and the clean feeling that comes afterward. My skin is very clear now.

I give it four lippies because it too dries out my skin and I must apply a lot of moisturiser, however this is not the same for everyone.

on 1/29/2004 6:48:00 PM

How can you go wrong with this fabulous, gently cleaning, and moisturizing bar? It's just so dirt cheap, I always go back to it after my boutique soap obsession clears. After trying hundreds of fancy soaps, this cheapo soap is a true HG. It may not have the fancy scents or cute packaging, but it's truly the most moisturizing, wonderful soap out there. Actually, I also love the Oil of Olay bar too.

on 1/28/2004 2:23:00 AM

THIS CRAP LEAVES A FILM AND DOES NOT CLEAN ANY DIRT OR ODOR

on 1/22/2004 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I use this to tamee my makeup off, I love it! Nothing beats the sensetive skin bar. I highly recommend this its gentle and leaves my skin soft and clean. And its soooo cheap! The price is great!!! try it!

on 1/16/2004 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love it...smooth clean feeling after shower.