September 22, 2014 | 853 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2003 5:15:00 PM More reviews by ambr

I think everyone agrees...this bar is pretty fine stuff. It's a soap that even guys won't deny using. My boyfriend uses it (I knew he was a keeper when I saw the Dove bar sitting in his shower caddy), the guy at Petland uses it (shook his hand, I commented on his skin and he said, "Oh, I only use Dove"), my mom uses it.....pretty universal. I agree, the pink Nutrium bar is a little harsher, oddly enough. You just can't go wrong with the classic white.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2003 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Fhorn

This is my all time favorite soap and I LOVE the smell

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2003 1:41:00 PM More reviews by niveous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Looking for a new cleanser, I went out and bought a 4-pack at Wal-Mart, just based on everyone's rave review. Boy, was I disappointed! Initially, Dove seemed to work well; it cleaned my face and removed even the toughest mascara, so I didn't even have to use a separate make-up remover. Soon enough, however, I started getting break-outs from using this soap! It seems to irritate my skin and make the blemishes even *more* red.
Also - what is with the scent of the soap, even though it's supposed to be *unscented*?! I was expecting none whatsoever, but was a bit put off by the smell. Don't tell me it's the moisturizing lotion bit, because fragrances of this type is synthetic and shouldn't be in an unscented bar. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2003 1:06:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A staple for years--I grew up using it and always seem to go back to it as an adult. Love them all--the white, sensitive, and most of all the pink and white striped nutrium! Great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2003 9:36:00 PM More reviews by hitiger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The absolute, hands-down, favorite of mine. I always go back to dove for my face. My mother looks a decade younger than she is and she has used Dove forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2003 4:22:00 PM More reviews by DanielleWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is a classic soap staple that i was raised on as a child. the only reason i don't use this anymore is that i've switched to thier nutrium bar and i prefer shower gels most of the time. how can you go wrong with this soap? it's creamy, it lathers well and it smells great. very soothing, especially for a bar soap!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2003 11:05:00 AM More reviews by ritape

This is the only soap I will use. This is best soap for the face and body. My parents used this soap and I have been using it for years. Other soaps leave skin dry, but this one is very moisturizing and leaves a clean fragrance - no matter which one you choose.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2003 6:19:00 PM More reviews by kozizi

With my combination skin, I tried the Dove Nutrium and it seemed ok at first. But after about a week, my face started to feel really dry and tight. I don't think its a good idea to use a bar soap for the face. So I just use it in the shower now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2003 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Cutie6680

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After having a very bad facial reaction, this is the only thing that i could wash my face with after wards. it smells great and never breaks me out. i really dont think i could survive w/ out this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2003 5:26:00 PM More reviews by cosmogurl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After years of spending hundreds on facial products to tame my combo skin, i finally gave up and just started to use the dove bar in my cabinet. this is the oly thing that has EVER worked!!!!!!!! my skin was pimple free in less than a week and it leaves a pretty glow without the oiliness! now im contantly gettin compliments on my skin. I now spend less than a dollar on one product instead of $10 each for dozens.