December 21, 2014 | 1919 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by hchy214

I live in Canada so i got the product when i was in seattle for the day. I got it at target for $11.99, which i thought was reasonably priced. I have heard that this product has recently been available in Canada but it is much more expensive compared to US. Overall, i love the product, the texture is creamy and it provides excellent coverage. There are many different shades you can pick from. Although my skin is dry, it is prone to acne occasionally, but so far i am not having problems with this whipped foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2012 1:25:00 AM More reviews by vintagy

The Revlon Colorstay Liquid foundation is my HG, and I had been using that for over 2 years now, so I was super excited to try this one out after hearing such good reviews. It finally came out in Canada in London Drugs for $18.99 + tax (very expensive, but I wanted to try it) Sadly I didn't like it as much as I expected... the application is easy (just apply with your fingers) and the coverage is good, a little goes a long way... BUT this does not dry like the liquid foundation does, so if you touch your face it kinda rubs off, and by the end of the day it seemed like most of it had rubbed off. It just kinda sits on your skin and doesn't really dry. I even used setting powder and it still rubbed off. So I will not use this if I'm going to be out from morning to night. But if I'll just be out for <6 hours, then it'll do the trick. I think this will last much longer than the bottle of liquid Colorstay, but I much prefer the liquid. I will not be repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by hobosmiles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely the best foundation in the drugstore! I was hesitant to buy this as the original Colorstay just does not work with my skin- the original flakes and pools up on my dry skin making me look... diseased? lol. The whipped version is absolutely perfect for dry skin! Don't let the name fool you, it's not whipped at all, the texture is more like pudding. It's thick, but it moves. Application is a dream, it just smoothes over your skin and magically makes imperfections disappear. I prefer to use a flat top kabuki to blend it (sigma f80), but fingers work awesome as well. Oddly enough, the foundation starts to look better as the day goes on, because it melts into the skin and looks wayyyy natural. The only con is the packaging, but it makes sense to use a pot as it's too thick to use a pump. Just a heads up, it's on sale at CVS from 9/9/12-9/16/12 for $10, and coupons.com has a $2 off coupon, making it $8, definitely a steal!(:
Edit: 11/26/2012
After having this for many months, I have noticed that the texture has changed. It's become thicker and a little bit... gloopy? The older it gets, the more it sticks to dry patches. Before, I was left with a perfect canvas at the end of the day, now I have patchiness and buildup around my nose. The problem was fixed by simply buying a new foundation. If you notice you're having new problems with yours, it may be because it's expired or something!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by cinderelka90

I really wanted to love this. there was so many rave reviews about this product that I just had to try it. of course I had to buy 3 and return in order to figure out my shade (dumb packaging) Since the revlon colorstay is my all time favorite i figured i would love this but its just not all rainbows and butterflies for me. The only way it blends well is either with my fingers or a flat topped buffer (coastal scents), and it absolutely must be set well with a powder otherwise it feels quite sticky and shiny on the skin. I have tested it for 24 hours (gross i know) but I found it to have less longevity than the original colorstay. The only plus is that it really helps keep my blush/bronzer staying on longer. I will finish the container i have but I think I'll stick to the original Cs in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by emi9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I used to use Bare Minerals for years and then I decided it was too powdery for me and switched to the regular, liquid Revlon colorstay. I did like it, but it seemed to go on a little patchy, even when I used a primer. It just wasn't the right consistency for me and putting on more just made me look too made up. But this whipped foundation is literally amazing! It glides on smoothly and evenly and it feels very light and fresh on my skin. A big bonus is that it controls oil very well (so far) and looks fresh for many hours longer than the original Colorstay foundation, imho. It is a little pricey for drugstore, but a little goes a long way and I really enjoy the heavy feel of the glass container. It may not be easy for travel, but it looks and feels similar to a department store makeup container. I wore sand beige in the original foundation and the sand beige for the whipped foundation is a very close match, maybe slightly more neutral. And I don't think it oxidized at all during the course of the day. Definitely worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2012 8:27:00 AM More reviews by makeuplovely22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really enjoy this foundation. It is very pigmented, and covers the hyper pigmentation and redness on my cheeks very well. I also love that the color range goes light enough because so many ds foundations don't come in a light porcelain shade. The only drawback for me is the scent when you first apply the product is a bit "chemically" smelling. But keep in mind the scent fades for me shortly & I love the coverage so much that I'm willing to put up with it. Would definitely repurchase, one of the best ds foundations I've ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by lmtrues

I bought this foundation for about $12-13, which is a little expensive for drugstore, but i wanted to try it. Its pretty good overall, I have combination skin and normally my face doesnt need to be touched up until the evening, but my nose and forehead were pretty shiny by lunch (but i dont blame the foundation- my school doesnt have air conditioning and its hot) it lasts for a decent time and covers well. The shad selection isnt great (my walmart only had 5 or 6) and I got Ivory. If given the opportunity i probably would have gone a shade up but in conjunction with my powder (loreal true match N1) and that i double it as concealer I have a pretty good color match and it covers my acne scars pretty well. The only thing that may prevent me from repurchasing is that it doesnt have a full ounce, the jar is deceiving (i did my makeup this morning thinking that i had plenty left only to tap my brush in and find that i had reached the bottom of the jar) and it oxides. Its not terrible but its noticeable. I probably will try something different next time i buy foundation (which i guess will be tomorrow) i will try a different one but that doesnt mean that i wont repurchase in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by pvncteacher

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It feels fantastic. It appears to minimize my pores which makes me very happy. You do not need a lot of product to have good coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation after all the rave reviews I read on MUA. But I couldn't bring myself to get it till it wet on sale. I picked it up at Rite Aid for $8.99? Score! Because it's currently summer (or when I first tried this) my skin tone was a bit warmer and darker than it usually is. I am pretty neutral for the most part with some pink undertones. In Mac I'd say I'd be about an NC30-35, though it has more yellow. After looking over multiples swatches my choices were down to warm golden and natural tan. For some reason I felt warm golden would be too yellow, so I settled on natural tan. This was a great choice for my summer color! Unfortunately this will not match me in winter. So I went to pick up the next lightest color that did not have much yellow. I chose true beige which looks like it'll suite my skin later on. (it has more pink).

Cons:
- packaging is unhygienic and bulky, making it unsuitable for travel
- hard to choose what your color is through the jars because they all look pretty similar.
- no SPF

Pros:
- medium To full coverage foundation
- just need smaller than a pea sized amount to cover entire face!
- I did not feel the need to powder as it dried down to a smooth finish.
- feels great on the skin, not too thick.
- photographs well
- holds up at least 6 hours without touch ups!

Overall I love this foundation! Although I do think I can go a shade lighter still. I wish revlon came out with shade guides or something. That would be helpful. And please add a pump! I use a qtip or scoop to get this out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by beingfollowed

For reference, I'm 29 and have combination skin (dry cheeks and nose, oily chin).
First impressions: I would say the product is a little disappointing first off because the jar is not entirely full, as it is in promotional pictures. The jar is heavy and glass which makes the product seem a bit more high end. I hate that it's not a pump product, but I guess you can't really expect that with a creme foundation. The texture is think, being a creme, which took me a while to get used to as I generally use liquid or powder foundations.
Colour: as suspected even the lightest shade, Buff, is a tiny bit dark for me but not overly so. It doesn't oxidise or get darker on me after application which is a relief.
Application: I've tried using a brush, sponge and fingers and find that fingers work best as I have the most control over coverage this way.
Coverage: This foundation works best on the dry parts if I have thoroughly moisturised before hand. It doesn't seem to stick to the dry bits or look flaky which is nice. For the oily parts, like my chin, most foundations start to 'separate' about half way through the day. It's hard to explain but it sort of looks spotty and uneven. This foundation, however, does not do this and chin looks even throughout the day. Coverage is probably medium on me however you could definitely sheer it out or build it for fuller coverage.
Finish: This foundation feels moist for probably about 5-10 minutes before it sinks in nicely (baring in mind that this is in dry winter conditions, don't know how it goes in humidity or high temps). It ends up in a satin-to-matte finish which stays pretty even throughout the day.
Wear time: Haven't tested the 24 hour claim but I can definitely wear this for a good 10 hours without even a touch up. I reapplied my foundation before going out last night out of habit but actually didn't really need to as it's looked almost exactly as it did when I put it on in the morning.
Final Verdict: I was pleasantly surprised by this foundation, especially it's performance on both oily and dry skin.