Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 9/18/2012 10:24:00 PM

Let me start off by saying this product is extremely nice to blend and covers very well. I feel it gives medium coverage, not really heavy, and surprisingly it sort of improves the appearance of my large pores, which is never something I expect of a foundation. It feels really smooth on my fingertips, like whipped cream, and blends out very well. It leaves skin feeling smooth and soft, and looks airbrushed and flawless. I really like the finish. I noticed a very faint smell but it wasn't unpleasant, I don't know what the other reviewers are getting at. Plus the color is absolutely perfect for me. I am the palest person I know (I literally don't get outside) and the lightest shade of this was perfect, it has no pink or orange tones.

Anyway, the best part of this is the texture and finish. If it doesn't oxidize terribly on me in the next couple of days or break me out, I will be sold.

Also why exactly do people keep say it's unsanitary to have it in a jar? This is way too thick to come out of a pump easily. I don't understand what you're suggesting they do.

on 9/18/2012 3:24:00 PM

I wanted to like this product because I saw so many rave reviews about it on YouTube. I bought it, paid 15 dollars for it (plus tax) and realized it felt too thick, did not blend well, and had poor coverage. I do not recommend this product.

on 9/17/2012 11:40:00 PM

I hated this at first, but now I love it. I think it was because of the application. When I first bought this about a month ago I tried applying it with a brush, fingers, sponge, and hated it. It looked too thick and cakey. It accentuated all my fine lines and large pores. So I stuck it in the back of my drawer. Last week I gave it another chance. This time I used a damp sponge to apply it and I used a good moisturizer. It looked a lot more natural and made my face look smooth. I made sure not to use too much and it still covered all my redness and I didn't need to use concealer. I am NC 30 and use 240 warm golden. It's a good match but I wish it were a little more yellow. And I love the thick mousse consistency. Totally different from dream matte mousse and stuff like that. Lasts all day on my combo skin.
EDIT: I found this was a little too pale for me so I bought Natural Tan to mix with this and it works great. It is a yellow toned shade. I could probably use Natrual Tan by itself when I am at my darkest (NC 35) but for now I mix about 50/50 of each shade. Actually a little more of Natural Tan. I have it mixed into a little container (a sample container from Sephora) so I can travel with it too.

on 9/17/2012 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm in the minority when it comes to this product. I can hardly get past the smell, for one, even though it eventually dissipates. It's kind of hard to apply evenly, even with a sponge. That's important for me because I have acne marks I want covered. The label says it lasts all day, but if it gets particularly hot, it just melts right off. I gave it a two because the shade matched my skin tone really well, and it does look nice for awhile once you do get it on evenly. I'll probably try it as a concealer instead.

on 9/17/2012 7:41:00 PM

Fabulous foundation! I've worn many high-end foundations and usually return to Estee Lauder DoubleWear. I've actually been wearing this Revlon CS Whipped Creme more often. It's amazing!

SHADE
I'm NC 20/ warm yellow skin, blonde hair & blue eyes. My shade = Sand Beige. It's neutral. I agree with other reviewers: Can drugstore makeup companies make some warm-toned foundations, especially in light shades- PLEASE!? If EL, MAC, Chanel, MUFE & Nars can, then Revlon can, too. Even though this shade doesn't appear perfect for me, it blends so well that I can't complain. If anything, it makes my face more neutral, so some lip/ cheek shades are more wearable.

PRICE
Yes it's drug store, but it's not cheap. We're paying nearly $15 USD for a relatively small quantity. It goes fast. I need much more of this to get the coverage I'd get with a pea-sized amount of Estee Lauder DW or MUFE Mat Velvet +. Plus, if you apply with a brush you'll waste some product due to the consistency.

PACKAGING
I don't care about packaging unless it interferes with use of the product. It doesn't. I work for a drug & consumer products company (unrelated to Revlon) and I can tell you that there are many factors that go into packaging design. This formula may need thick glass to insulate it from temperatures. I don't know, but wouldn't be surprised. I am not sure why people think this jar is unsanitary. It closes tightly. It doesn't leak. You can't have a pump on a creme product lol. What are you doing to the jar that makes you feel it's contaminated?Just dip your clean makeup brush or clean finger into the jar. Wouldn't you do this to apply face cream & eye cream? Many of the best don't have pumps, yet we all survive. Also- for the record- assuming you store this product at normal temperatures, you won't contaminate the jar. Please wash your hands, but even if you don't, it won't kill you. I won't get into the life cycle of viruses and bacteria - but please don't worry too much about a foundation jar, Ladies. We all do much more dangerous things on a daily basis. As for the idea that acne is caused by bacteria, that's a condition IN the skin.

APPLICATION
Applying w fingers is best. I sort of pat this into the skin, in layers. It doubles as a concealer if you layer it on areas that need more coverage. I don't notice that applying more makes it look thicker. It just seems to give more coverage. This is a makeup you can really pile on without it looking bad- BUT I do notice it'll itch a bit if you put too much. For me, the itchy feeling only lasts a few minutes and isn't a real deterrent. I just go over it with a flattop synthetic kabuki or buffing brush- eg ELF powder brush or Sonia Kashuk buffing brush. I set this with Laura Geller Balance & Brighten, my HG powder product. I use medium, and that should probably be too dark for NC20 but it looks great.

WEAR
Lasts flawlessly for at least 11 hours. I usually touch up once or twice with Clinque Perfectly Real Compact Makeup/ Powder or the Estee Lauder DW powder. IMO those are very similar to MAC mineralized SF natural, so I'm sure that would work as well.

This foundation looks very nice around the nose area. I have combo skin that's oily but dehydrated from RetinA. Some makeups look funny around my nose. They'll go into pores, appear cakey, or make skin look dry/ flakey when it's really not. This Revlon doesnt do any of that. My nose looks the same as the rest of my face. Always a good thing.

I also agree with the reviewer who said you can take a little of this and touch up throughout the day. I don't think I've ever encountered another foundation you can use that way, so I really appreciate that.

Doesn't make me break out. Doesn't do anything odd to my skin. Controls oil well.

BOTTOM LINE
Great buildable coverage, layers well, lasts a long time, can be touched up without looking cakey, nice shade, & reasonably priced. Highly recommend!

on 9/17/2012 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

How do I describe this product? It is a creamy, gooey foundation, with the consistency of Cool Whip (like other reviewers said) and it comes in a jar, which I don't understand--why do companies put makeup in jars, knowing how unsanitary jars can be, esp. for foundation? Anyway, the finish is very nice, but not as nice as LM Oil Free foundation applied with a damp sponge. The finish is sort of dewy and very smooth; definitely not full coverage, as I expected from a cream makeup. First I bought it in Medium Beige, which was way too light, so I exchanged it for Natural Tan, which is an almost perfect match. Btw, I am Mac NC 35, LM Oil Free in Vanilla Beige and L'Oreal True Match N4 (Buff Beige). I apply it with my fingers with little dots on my nose, cheeks, chin and forehead and then spread it out with a damp sponge. It looks great at first! I also set it with Guerlain Meteorites powder. After an hour or so, though, it makes my skin look rough. Not sure why, but I don't like it. And the main thing about this foundation that bothers me is the smell--it's a sort of plastic, chemical smell and it doesn't dissipate! I feel like it gets in my mouth after a while. Gross. So, I won't be repurchasing. I was curious and now I know! I just keep going back to Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation. Nothing so far has beaten it for me.

on 9/16/2012 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

nice coverage for oily skin type

Update:makes my face look muddy and it itches when wearing this product

on 9/16/2012 1:01:00 AM

Update:
I'm still using this foundation and really like it! For me the best way to apply it is with the MAC skunk brush (187? I forget the numbers). I just put the brush straight into the jar and pick up a tiny bit of the foundation and stipple on one area at a time since it does dry fairly quickly. I like a light application, sometimes medium. With the skunk brush you use such a small amount each time I've hardly made a dent in this foundation. I have to blot only once a day on my nose, which is amazing to me in itself! I'll definitely buy this again. I've tried using my other foundations but keep coming back to this and now only use this one. I use a primer but I'm not sure that's necessary and am going to try it today without a primer.

I have dehydrated oily skin. I thought this cream foundation was for dry skin only but I was totally wrong. On my dry parts it looks terrible but on my oily parts it goes on great and looks good. So if you have dry or combo skin make sure you moisturize well before applying.
The coverage can be light (but not light like a BB or tinted moisturizer) to full coverage. I'm surprised at how good this is for oily skin.
I got *Sand Beige* and its a very *neutral* tone which I love. It covers my redness and old acne scars nicely. My skin is around NC20.
I still have not perfected my application method though. It takes very little product to cover your face. I don't mind the jar. I wash my hands and just use my finger to remove the product. It looks nice sitting on my counter. If you travel a lot you can transfer some into a smaller pot because its not travel friendly.
Like the liquid CS it trends to dry fairly fast, I just do one area of my fave at a time and its fine.
I like that its not as matte or flat or heavy looking as the liquid version. This formula just looks more natural on my skin.

on 9/16/2012 12:34:00 AM

Whoever said this doesn't give you the coverage like original cs is wrong!! This stuff is fantastic and last better than original. Highly recommend!!

on 9/16/2012 12:05:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

-Has about the same coverage as the original Coverstay liquid foundation, and seems to be more breathable.
-Is buildable and can be layered in spots to act as a foundation and concealer in one (yay!)
-Stayed on pretty much all day, very pleased.
-I originally purchased the color Sand Beige, which seems more appropriate for NC20
-I now own the color Ivory, and it goes on very cool and light, and does oxidize a tiny bit later on in the day. Goes from N13 to N15, nothing terribly noticeable. Stays decently matte. Works well with ELF Translucent Matifying Powder. also works well with L'Oreal Hydra Perfect loose powder.
-I really dislike the packaging, which while luxe, is very heavy and clunky.

Popular Crème Foundations