September 21, 2014 | 1682 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by annie108

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use skin79 bb cream as my everyday foundation, but I decided to try out this foundation for when I wanted more coverage. I used to be a big fan of the standard colorstay foundation as my everyday makeup, so I was hopeful for this.

My first problem is that it gives too much coverage and looks a bit un-natural. I only wore it on my whole face one time because it was just too much. The color match was good, but I felt like you couldn't see my actual skin at all- it was all makeup. It also made all the tiny blonde fine hairs on my face (which are normally invisible) super visible.

So then I decided just to use this kind of like a concealer, on my nose and the area right around my nose, where I'm always red. It worked pretty well for that purpose, but I'm pretty sure it's breaking me out. I only wore it on this part of my face for about a week, and now I have visible clogged pores/mini zits in that area. I'm thinking it must be connected.

I'll still use it for special occasions, like just for one evening at a time, and I think this would be a great makeup for people who want more coverage and are less prone to break-outs, but it just doesn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by cocolovescocopuffs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love it! I have never found a drugstore foundation that was a good match for me. They all seemed to not match my undertones. In MAC foundation I wear NW15-20 and in this I wear 200 and 220. Both are great on my skin. This provides a lot of coverage, almost full coverage imo. The finish isn't quite matte so it doesn't look cakey or flat. I wish it were pump bottle packaging but I can deal with the jar I suppose. I was afraid this would break me out but it doesn't (yay!). It really does last 24 hours. I'm guilty of being to lazy to wash my face before bed and its pretty much still there in the morning. I like that midway through the day I still look good. Some foundations have the tendency to crack or break up on my face when the oil comes through; this does not do that.

I have already repurchased b/c I like it so much. I usually never buy the same thing twice lol

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Izzybelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This applies like a dream. Light to medium coverage. This formula is much better than the colourstay liquid, which is the worst foundation i have ever used. If youre not a fan of the liquid dont hate on the whipped forumula without trying it. This sells in Australia for around $34, which is more than double than what other countries are paying for it. The packaging is great quality but the heavy thick jar is unpractical. Shades are more limited here in Australia too - 'ivory' is not available.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2012 4:47:00 AM More reviews by StarAstralis

Since this has been getting such great reviews, I finally decided to pick it up. I gave it 4 because it was very hard to figure out which shade was the right one for me. The glass jar is so thick that I couldn't tell what the true color of the product was. I settled for Warm Golden which blends with my skin tone pretty well. It doesn't have as much of a yellow undertone as I had hoped but it still works.
I wish Revlon had included a spatula of some sort with this foundation. I don't like to dip my fingers into the jar so I use my personal cosmetic spatula to get the product out.
As far as staying power, it has stayed on my skin all day with minimal touch ups (I have combination skin). Feels a little heavier than I prefer but it really doesn't bug me that much.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by kennarose

I love this stuff! I have oily skin and acne scars and suffer from breakouts sometimes and this foundation covers it really great while looking like skin. It's also really buildable if you put it on with your fingers. I use urban decay all nighter setting spray with this makeup and it stays on all day AND night. Its claim to be 24 hour wear are pretty much true. I put it on at about 5 pm one nightand went out with my friends and when we came back I just went to sleep and when I woke up at like 4 pm (party hard lol) it was still on and looked good! MIND BLOWN. Over all I really like this foundation, but I don't think it would be good for dry skin. And by the way I don't know why everyone is complaining about the packaging, I think it looks nice and isnt messy. Just scoop it out with a makeup brush. Thats what I do since I cant dip my fingers in, my acrylics are really long. So yeah..go buy it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by SugarFreeSheila

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is some serious foundation: if I have a breakout (like right now!), this is what I reach for.

The texture's fairly thick. So I make sure to wear this makeup over my thinnest, mattest sunscreen - otherwise the finish is just way too thick, cakey, & unnatural. For some reason, this foundation in the Buff shade matches my NC10 skin perfectly ... and I hear about NC20 people going with this shade! Maybe Buff comes a little lighter with the new Whipped Creme Makeup. So if you're like me & have difficulty finding foundations light enough to match, this one's worth considering.

I wouldn't expect a pump with a cream foundation, so I don't hold this against Revlon. I just make sure to apply with clean fingers.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by torirendon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was so excited to try this since the colorstay line is the only line that is pale enough to work on my skin. I loved how lightweight it was and how nicely it covered. However, I have a tiny bit of dry skin on my nose and this accentuated this more than most foundations. The packaging is very heavy and clunky (it hurt when I dropped it on my foot) and is very unhygienic because its a tub. It smells nasty too. I can't describe it because I've never smelled anything like it. The smell stays for a few hours though. Too bad for revlon since it could've been a real hit with me. I wouldn't recommend to anyone with oily or dry skin, anyone prone to breakouts, or anyone who doesn't want to smell like whatever scent it is (old plastic, latex, or rubber)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Kirbyness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After reading all the great reviews I badly wanted to try this to see if it was my finally my HG. I bought no 110 Ivory, as soon as it arrived I threw it on. Boy was I disappointed! No matter how I applied it, It just wouldn't sit right on my skin. It accentuated every small bump, every pore & the coverage was awful. (my skin isn't even that bad!) I had to layer it a few times to cover a red mark. Whenever I tried to dust my finishing powder over the top, the foundation went slightly patchy, no matter how long I waited between foundation application & powder. The staying power wasn't that brilliant either, 4 hours after applying it was starting to slip off my face. I have combination skin & this just did not work for me at all. I gave it a month because I just hate wasting products but eventually I gave it away to a friend who wanted to try it. Even though it has so many cons for me I'm giving it two lippies because I have very sensitive skin & this didn't irritate it, or break it out over the month I tried it like most foundations do and the color match was excellent (I'm very fair and have trouble finding a drugstore foundation to match me) But the cons WELL outweigh the pros for me, back to my hunt for the HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Xokimberly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. In regards to the complaints with making pores appear larger I actually find the opposite with this, I prime my face with too faced primed and pore less then apply this lightly key word on top and it sets so nicely! It's very blend able and I hate drugstore usually, I bought this on a whim. My only complaints are one the price it cost me $18 Canadian dollars which is too much for revlon but then again I found a coupon for -$3 off so I justified it. And the second con is it has no SPF therefore traveling to hot destinations with this won't work for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by alicia14787

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I guess I'm the minority here but I didn't like this foundation at all. I returned it. For one the container, it's so unsanitary unless you use a spatula every time. Also, the foundation itself settles into every pore making them SO noticeable. Yes, it was light on the skin, but I didn't care for the finish at all. It was very matte, but I'd get oily after a few hours, pores looked huge, and th foundation started to transfer and rub off. I suppose it wasn't terrible but to me it wasn't special either.