Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 9/21/2012 4:29:00 PM

Alright so I have a few things to go over about this foundation, but let me tell you right now- IF YOU HAVE OILY SKIN THIS IS THE FOUNDATION FOR YOU-

Color- I have pale skin- not ghost pale, not on the edge of tan- just pale with slightly pink undertones. 220 nude is my shade and matches almost perfectly!!:) It says it has sixteen colors, but I only saw about 12 at walmart maybe they were out of some? For color selection it's not the best but AMAZING for a drugstore brand.

Staying Power****- this is key for me. I have oily-very oily skin. NOTHING has ever stayed on me from tinted moisturizer to high end matte full coverage stay 24 hour crap. Seriously I get up at 5:30 to get ready for school (8th grade) and put this on… it stay matte and doesnt fade for literally atleast 9-10 hours. (Probably longer I just havent worn it for any longer) REALLY THO ITS FANTASTIC

Price; Some people complain that its "too expensive" for a foundation. wow, shutup there are so many over 50 $ foundations that are dirt compared to this. And i heard it can get up to 15$ but at walmart its only 10$ so if youre a penny pincher buy it at wally world:) but really worth the money either way

Coverage for acne; I have a pimple or two on my chin and it covers just fine. Although i usually use my concealer with that just to make sure. and it hasnt broken me out after using it for two weeks;)) HOLLAAAA

Coverage in general; can be medium-full. and light if you only put a little bit. Im a medium-light coverage girl and I just apply with my fingers, OH also this is almost like a primer and foundation in one ( I use my neautrogena shine protection primer still) but it really feels like it has somewhat of a silicone base and makes your skin soooo smooothhh.!!

Packaging, they did well appearance wise. I dont mind puting my finger in a container but the only thing i dont like is the white plastic lid under the actuall lid, i only dont like it because i always drop it and then it get some foundation left over on the top everywhere. literally my only complant about this foundation but honestly they couldnt have put in in anything else!

ONE WARNING- DO NOT put powder on this, even if you have REALLY oily skin like me, at first this is somewhat a satin finish but after a few minutes becomes MATTEE. The first day I had this i put some powder on because of the little bit of dewiness and later at school i was shocked to find out i looked like a chalk face monster, which was scary but also really said that this foundation DOES STAY MATTE.

this is my savior foundation, GO AND BUY IT SERIOUSLY:) <3

This was just not for me. I really wanted to like this and actually read all of the reviews here before deciding to make this purchase. No matter what method I tried (i.e. brush, sponge, fingers) the makeup just appeared too thick and heavy. I will say that after the makeup had been on my face for about an hour is when it looked its absolute best. After this time it would look the most even and "set" but this soon wore off and the makeup began to look more and more like I was obviously wearing makeup as the day wore on. I also feel like this foundation noticeably settled into my pores. I suppose that if you like a more full coverage look or if that is something you need this might be a better choice for you but I prefer a lighter coverage with a more natural look.

Easy to blend without the need to use a blending brush. You xan just use your fingers. Longwearing even on my oily skin but it is pretty moisturizing so i can get shiny but it still looks great otherwise even after 10 hours. Very smooth texture and a dewy finish if you dont use a powder overtop.

on 9/20/2012 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product during mid summer, the shade was perfect, but now we're heading into falland it is a shade or 2, too dark for me. but i have figured out a way to blend it in so it is not noticeable. I love this stuff, the feeling, it is pretty thick but the great thing is that i do not feel it on my face once i apply! I have oily skin and I have had no problems with breaking out and such, The smell of it i am not too fond of. I will definitely purchase again in winter when my skin is even lighter...

-Prime with Neutrogena Shine Control Primer
-Set with Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I may have found a real contender for HG status foundation. In the last month I've been testing this out, I've worn it through full-days at work, out in the sun in line and in a stuffy convention centre at Fan Expo with absolutely no movement, transfer, or fading. Fantastic product - and dirt cheap at Wal Mart here ($16.99CDN; I couldn't find it at the time in Shoppers.)

I have combination-dry, sensitive skin. Again, this lasts the whole day on me with just a little MUFEHD powder (though for full-days at work, I've been finishing with UD All Nighter.) in the t-zone. Like Chanel Mat Lumiere, I layer this over LM Hydrating Foundation Primer to give a real moisturized surface for blending. I have tried this over more mattifying, silicone-heavy primers and it doesn't seem to work as well. YMMV. While the packaging is heavy and luxe, it isn't the most conducive to keeping germs out. I tend scoop a bit out with a q-tip, wipe on the back of my hand, then use my fingers to dab the product all over my face. I don't like using my fingers for foundation, so I do blend out with a Sephora #55 Airbrush and it blends out like a dream. This also has not caused my skin to break out either in acne or a rash. I have been taking this off with either cleansing oil or Cold Cream, though.

It is not quite my HG foundation - I do like a dewier-satin finish and this does have more of a matte finish on me. However, as Mat Lumiere is now discontinued (and the 0.5 Intensity was my HG for long work, school days and professional stuff) and Alabaster shade in BB's Skin is now unavailable for purchase here in Canada, the Revlon CS Whipped is fantastic - great price, and it allows me to use my Skin for special occasions. All in all, it is a fantastic foundation - I'd use it even if the higher-end options were still available to me.

Shade-wise, 001 Ivory/Ivoire is an almost dead-on match; it is a smidge darker and pinker than BB Alabaster but not something anyone but me would really notice. I describe my skin as NW10 in MAC terms. Other foundation matches include: 0.5 in Chanel Mat Lumiere; MUFE F&B38 & HD110 (both hairs too pink); Maybelline FIT Me 110; Revlon PR #110 Ivory; UD Naked Skin 0.5. Concealer matches include Extra Light in CoverFX ConcealFX, & SC-1 in LM Secret Camouflage.

on 9/19/2012 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

When I first bought this product, I bought a shade which I thought would be a perfect match, however after applying it, it made my skin look a strange grey color, i bought another one in a lighter shade and it looked great, gave a smooth finish, was easy to apply and lasted for the entire day.

However now that it's warmer and I have tanned my shade no longer matches and it's difficult to determine what shade to purchase as I have found many o the darker colors have a grey undertone to them (this may not be the case for all)

Overall this is a good foundation and I would repurchase it again !

on 9/18/2012 10:24:00 PM

Let me start off by saying this product is extremely nice to blend and covers very well. I feel it gives medium coverage, not really heavy, and surprisingly it sort of improves the appearance of my large pores, which is never something I expect of a foundation. It feels really smooth on my fingertips, like whipped cream, and blends out very well. It leaves skin feeling smooth and soft, and looks airbrushed and flawless. I really like the finish. I noticed a very faint smell but it wasn't unpleasant, I don't know what the other reviewers are getting at. Plus the color is absolutely perfect for me. I am the palest person I know (I literally don't get outside) and the lightest shade of this was perfect, it has no pink or orange tones.

Anyway, the best part of this is the texture and finish. If it doesn't oxidize terribly on me in the next couple of days or break me out, I will be sold.

Also why exactly do people keep say it's unsanitary to have it in a jar? This is way too thick to come out of a pump easily. I don't understand what you're suggesting they do.

on 9/18/2012 3:24:00 PM

I wanted to like this product because I saw so many rave reviews about it on YouTube. I bought it, paid 15 dollars for it (plus tax) and realized it felt too thick, did not blend well, and had poor coverage. I do not recommend this product.

on 9/17/2012 11:40:00 PM

I hated this at first, but now I love it. I think it was because of the application. When I first bought this about a month ago I tried applying it with a brush, fingers, sponge, and hated it. It looked too thick and cakey. It accentuated all my fine lines and large pores. So I stuck it in the back of my drawer. Last week I gave it another chance. This time I used a damp sponge to apply it and I used a good moisturizer. It looked a lot more natural and made my face look smooth. I made sure not to use too much and it still covered all my redness and I didn't need to use concealer. I am NC 30 and use 240 warm golden. It's a good match but I wish it were a little more yellow. And I love the thick mousse consistency. Totally different from dream matte mousse and stuff like that. Lasts all day on my combo skin.
EDIT: I found this was a little too pale for me so I bought Natural Tan to mix with this and it works great. It is a yellow toned shade. I could probably use Natrual Tan by itself when I am at my darkest (NC 35) but for now I mix about 50/50 of each shade. Actually a little more of Natural Tan. I have it mixed into a little container (a sample container from Sephora) so I can travel with it too.

on 9/17/2012 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm in the minority when it comes to this product. I can hardly get past the smell, for one, even though it eventually dissipates. It's kind of hard to apply evenly, even with a sponge. That's important for me because I have acne marks I want covered. The label says it lasts all day, but if it gets particularly hot, it just melts right off. I gave it a two because the shade matched my skin tone really well, and it does look nice for awhile once you do get it on evenly. I'll probably try it as a concealer instead.

Popular Crème Foundations