Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

As far as drugstore foundations go, this is probably my favorite.
A few things you should know...
My skin type: It sucks. Really red acne, dry, and deathly pale. Always hard to find a foundation that can work with this.
How I apply: After my moisturizer and primer, I apply it with my Sonia Kashuk pointed foundation brush, then blend and buff it with my E.L.F complexion brush.
Overall: It gives a very lovely airbrushed, dewy look. The nice thing about this foundation is if your skin isn't too oily you can go without a setting powder. The coverage is all right, I still have to use a corrector, my my acne is so bad, I kind of expected that. It also lasts very long and I haven't noticed any settling into the creases in my eyes. My biggest complaint is the packaging. Very unhygienic! What I do is take a q-tip, get as much foundation as I need on the tip, and blend it on the top of my hand before I apply. Bit of a pain, but it would drive me crazy if I kept dipping my brush back in the container and spreading those germs all over my face. And while the glass jar is very pretty, it doesn't lend itself well to carrying around easily. Also, for a drugstore foundation, it's a little on the pricier side. However if you can get past these minor issues, it's a lovely foundation and I will be repurchasing.

on 10/6/2012 11:52:00 AM

Like the other reviewer, i didn't like this that much, even the coverage, it to me is really not much different from the other revlon however this didn't feel as sticky after a few hours.I got it in warm golden and yes there is a def cold tone to it.I think without sounding like a snob prefer my higher end foundations, this is ok to wear if you don't have much money but really i would go busking if i had to, to be able to pay for a nicer foundation.I won't be buying this again

on 10/6/2012 11:09:00 AM

MY SKIN: Warm/yellow undertones, normal oily with some dry patches around my nose. Occasional raised blemish with significant hyperpigmentation and acnes scars. Beginning of fine lines around my mouth and eyes.

PRICE: Snagged it for $8 at Ulta on sale, however this runs quite expensive at $10-15 for less than a fluid once of product.

HOW I APPLIED: Fingers or EcoTools Bronzer brush (much like a thick kabuki). Moisturizer underneath but no primer.

FINISH: Lovely airbrush finish, medium-full coverage, blends very easily. Covered all of my concerns. However, excentuated the dry patch around my nose.

WEAR: Wears well throughout a 12 hour workday of moderate-intense activty (I am a bedside nurse). Little to no transfer.

COLOR MATCH: Sadly, this was the deal breaker. The color match was horrendous. I got "Warm Golden", which as implied, should have warmer undertones. Instead, it is very neutral and made my face look grey. From previous reviews, this seems to be a consistent problem across the board for the warm-toned gals :'(

OVERALL: While I do love the product, it's extremely frustrating that Revlon does not make warmer-toned foundations! I love the original colorstay too, but unless I'm really tan (when I tan I can pull off more neutral colors) I can't wear it without looking gray. If color match is an issue for you too, I suggest looking at Rimmel's long-lasting foundation, as they have some more warm-toned selections.

on 10/4/2012 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Well I've been using this for about a week now, previously I was using Colorstay and Photoready. I have to say I love love love this!!! The texture is amazing!!!! The only downfall I would say is that the container is comes in could be better, much better actually!!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this foundation quite a bit, I have only worn it for a few days, but it has done exactly what the claims have stated thus far, and that is impressive to me...I put this on (for the 2nd time that day, I redid my makeup) yesterday at 6:00pm...and it's 9:00am the following day and my skin still looks AWESOME!

Like most have said, it's not whipped foundation in the traditional sense, it's more like a very thick cream...i have this foundation in Caramel 340, and I wear caramel in maybelline superstay, SB15 in illamasqua skinbase, and deep dark in Mac moisturizer skin tint. This shade blends like a dream, now that I am a bit darker because of the summer I do hav to wear this with a bronzer if I was to do my entire face, however, I only apply foundation to my cheeks, and it blends like a dream. I have a bit of acne hyper pigmentation, and a light layer of this applied with fingers or a flat top foundation brush allows this foundation to melt perfectly into the skin...it seems virtually texture free. The staying powder is awesome, and it doesn't look makeup after hours of being outside and in a party sweating. I also wore this foundation during the day, and it was very light on the skin and did not feel heavy at all.

For those that like full coverage I think it would wear well, and build up to full coverage however I cannot speak on that...for medium to light coverage it is awesome though! Lastly, I dont really mind the packaging...my biggest issue is that because the glass is so thick you cannot get the correct shade by just looking at the bottle, if you want to know you're exact color you will have to open it...also, I do not wear the other colorstay so I cannot compare it to that. It's not a foundation for traveling, the bottle is bulky, and I can see the foundation creeping up along the sides of the jar if it was to be jossled, which could get messy....but all and all, for an at home foundation, I don't mind the packaging, it's nice enough to be left on top of my makeup station....I also believe that compared to HE lines, you get a fair amount of product, a tiny tiny bit goes a very long way. And again, the coverage is AWESOME....I judge makeup on not looking like makeup at all (foundation) and this does that and more, everyone should try :)

UPDATE: this DID NOT break me out and it is DEF in my top 3 favorite foundations (Milani cream to powder, and MAC select moisture tint)....AWESOME JOB REVLON! all and all im not a super fan of their brand, but i will def be buying this for years and years to come!

ANOTHER UPDATE: I had to say one last thing...and repost because I think everyone needs to know how awesome this foundation is! So, I've been rotating this in my foundation line up for a few months...and yes I still love it, I need to purchase another jar as backup because I dont think I can live without it. Soooo yesterday, I woke up and put my makeup on at 6am, This foundation on my cheeks, then blended into the skin, and a bit under my eyes as a concealer...a light dusting of powder, then eyeliner, and blush, and thats it....6AM...spent the whole day at work...went to a hot power flow class at 7:45pm, it was a date....took the class...sweated my a$$ off, AND MY FOUNDATION WAS STILL FLAWLESS! in addition to sweating, I also blotted my face a number of times with a towel...not wiped, but dabbed on my entire face throughout the class, and it stayed put. THIS IS A KEEPER FOR AS LONG AS REVLON MAKES IT! if you can get me FLAWLESS through a workout...ur the best foundation ever...and I can think of like 20 HE foundations that DONT do that...

hope this helps!

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I am loving this product so much right now. I use it generally in my T-zone and work it in with my hands. It gives such a naturally flawless face. For me, it makes my skin just look naturally perfect(which my skin rarely is). I find that it does last pretty well, although I have not tested the 24hr claim and just can't wear the same make up for 24hrs to test it either. I will definatly be purchasing again!

on 10/2/2012 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using this for nearly 3 weeks now. I have very pink (cool) undertones, so I went with the color 'Nude', which helps neutralize the pink, but doesn't look weirdly yellow. I am pleased with the the shade I chose.
I don't really care for the packaging...I threw away that little plastic piece (I didn't know if it was supposed to stay or go and after the second time I nearly dropped it on the floor, I decided it had worn out its welcome) and I use a fresh q-tip to scoop out a little onto the back of my hand for each application. That way I'm not sticking fingers in and out and I can get the cap off and on quickly. It would be super nice if it came in pump form, but I do like the look of the jar sitting on my vanity and it is nice and sturdy.
I tried several different application methods, my least favorite was fingers and my most favorite is my flat top ELF powder brush. I dot the foundation all over my face and then lightly buff it in with the brush starting in the center and moving outward. This gives a flawless, airbrushed finish. On good days I have even found that I can skip undereye and even zit concealer because this foundation provides such good coverage.
I tried it both without a primer and with my Neutrogena Shine Control Primer. Without the primer, the foundation wore just fine but I do prefer it with the primer because it keeps my t-zone from needing to be blotted for a good 6 hours. On its own, I needed to blot after about 3 hours, but I didn't notice the foundation wearing off or anything. I just really prefer the primer with it (or any foundation) : ).
I love how smooth the foundation makes my face feel. I feel like my setting powder, bronzer, and blush go on much easier/smoother. The longest I have had this foundation on is probably 12 or 14 hours and it looked just as good at the end as when I first applied it.
Overall, I am REALLY loving this--it is by far my favorite foundation of the past several years. I am glad it has lived up to its hype for me!

on 10/2/2012 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Pros:
Airbrushed matte finish
Nice consistency

Cons:
Pricey for drugstore product
Packaging unsanitary

Long ago, I used to use Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation, and while it went on beautiful, it would always oxidize on me and become orange. I had given up Revlon foundation for a few years till this one came out and I had a really good coupon for it so thought, what the heck. I'm NC25 and Sand Beige is almost a perfect match for me. It's a tad light, but that's OK by me. I really like the consistency of this which is exactly like pudding! However, although the pot is sleek looking, it's not sanitary. I have to scoop the product out with a mini spatula.
I use the Real Techniques skunk brush to apply this which works great! It leaves a matte airbrush finish. Although I still get oily, I only have to blot about twice a day unlike most other foundations where I'm blotting every 5 min. I do have an oily complexion though. This does not ever oxidize on me! The coverage to me is medium/heavy which means that I don't have to use a whole lot of it.
While I think the price is ridiculous for a drugstore product, CVS is always having sales and you can always find coupons for this. I ended up getting mine for about $2. So, if you want to try this, watch the sales ladies!

on 10/2/2012 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

After finishing off my last bottle of the now discontinued Teint Idole Enduringly Divine (RIP), I decided to give this a go. My skin is super oily, so it is difficult to find products which do not enhace shine. The consistency is for lack of a better word,is bouncy. I was unsure of the best way to apply and after trial and error figured out to dab a foundation brush in the jar, dot on your face and spread with either your fingers or a beauty blender.(for hygenic reasons it's probably not a good idea to stick your fingers in the jar!). It does dry quickly and the coverage is buildable. Having VERY fair skin, at first I thought I looked like a zombie, but once the rest of my makeup on I have to admit the colour (I'm Canadian!) had settled into something more more natural with a very nice matte finish. I brushed over my face with some transulcent powder and stayed matte fot a good 4-6 hours (usually it's around 2). I deducted points for the jar packaging (dosen't travel well) and because the price points are higher compared to our friends in the U.S. ( I was cross border shopping and picked up a jar for $10, in Canada the price is almost double)

on 10/2/2012 2:29:00 PM

Major staying power and shine control, but not very comfortable or natural. I am a light-tan Asian NC30/C4 gal with combination – dry skin and purchased in Warm Golden (closest match) and Natural Tan (for a hint of tan). I applied on well moisturized skin with a MAC 190 to dab on and a damp Beautyblender for blending. This formula dries QUICK so work in small areas and fast! Once I did, I had a matte, flawless and slightly dry complexion. My skin felt parched, but it paid off after 6 hours at dinner and a concert with ZERO shine or fading anywhere. The feeling on my skin is uncomfortable so it is not a daily formula or HG for me, but a great option for all night any humidity makeup and when I don’t mind that parched feeling.

EDIT - 05/08/13 updating this to a 5 star product after learning how to apply using fingertips rather than tools. The skin really warms to it and it smooths on so much nicer, lasts all day! It is now HG status, whodathunkit? That's what I get for premature reviews!