November 23, 2014 | 986 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by valeriem121

I was on a budget and needed a new foundation and decided to give this a shot. I am so happy that I did! It is THE BEST drugstore foundation I have ever tried and rivals most department store foundations. I have oily skin and this does a great job of controlling the oil. The coverage is medium. I would compare this to Tarte's Amazonian Clay foundation but better. The only downside to this foundation is that it doesn't have an spf in it already. I can't say enough good things about this foundation. I have searched high and low for a foundation that really controls oil and this is it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by zzzwww

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this foundation. It goes on smoothly and doesnt collect in pores or wrinkles. It just looks like you have beautiful perfect skin. I apply with a makeup brush and only use a small amount at a time and stipple the area that needs to be covered. My skin looks airbrushed by using as little as necessary.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by shoegal831

This foundation has its pros and cons. Overall, I would repurchase it.

Pros: Stays on all day on my combo/oily skin, does not crease (fine lines, laugh lines), build-able for full-coverage, does not look caky.

Cons: Unhygienic packaging, a little pricey for only 0.8 fl oz, HORRIBLE IN FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!!! I put this on for my birthday and all of the pictures I took (my camera, my friends' cell cameras) looked bad. My skin looked pale and gray. I pretty much looked like a zombie.

The color I wore was 320 - warm golden?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by jacq1985

I've only worn this about a week, but love it. I used The original color stay before this, and applied it with a damp beauty blender type sponge. I wasted a lot of foundation this way, not realizing it at the time. The whipped creme makeup is great because i can apply it with my fingers (this seems to be the ideal way to apply this foundation) and it blends seamlessly, and melts into my skin. I've used foundations by chanel, mac, cover fx, and dior, and i prefer this. The coverage is great, and maybe it's just me, but I find the color i use (Buff) looks better than Buff in color stay liquid foundation. I don't mind the packaging, i scoop out little bit each time and don't touch any of the makeup other that what i scoop out. I always wash my hands before applying makeup, so I'm not that concerned about contamination, though I will see if the formula starts to look gross after a while. The only thing I'd change is a color shade lighter than Buff, but without the pink undertones that Ivory has. I'm NC-10/15, and it's extremely difficult for me to get a good match with my foundation.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by RainbowbriteTT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Try it to believe just how wonderful this foundation is. My oily skin leaves this make up in tact after twelve hours. Just try it!!!!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I always use the liquid colorstay, for years and I love it! i thought this was going to be a good alternative for the winter as it has a creamy consistency, but noooo. it actually accentuated any dry areas, not very good for dry skin. I have combination skin. If I mix it with a little moisturizer it blends well but it gives a shiny appearance and I use a little powder on top. So if I could find my reciept I would return this considering I paid $16 at walmart. I tried using a little and blending with my fingers, i tried it mixed with moisturizer, i tried with a sponge, anyway i dont like the finish it gives. im going to stick with the liquid, i love the finish of it and i dont always need powder on top.
Edit: tried this on top of my marcelle bb cream and it has a better finish. Still not loving it but i cant return it and will attempt to use it the best way i can

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by shinewin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off, I have fair, sensitive, combination, acne prone skin. On top of that, I have visibly large pores, acne scarring, and uneven skin tone and texture. Yes, I have the worst combination of skin problems. My skin sensitivity comes from my allergies.
If you have sensitive skin and have allergies like I do, I do not recommend this foundation. The smell of this foundation is very very mild, not like the Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation. I can stand the smell of this foundation more than the Liquid one. There is a minty sensation when I apply it on my face, kind of like the minty sensation you get when you use a mint chap stick. The creme foundation sets in quickly and it smooth out and blends in very well with my skin tone. I purchased the Sand Beige #200, usually I use buff beige but i feel like the Buff Beige was going to be too light for me looking through the glass jar.
That's another downsize of this product is the glass jar, it's not sanitary. I recommend using a scooper and scoop out what you need. It does last a very long time on my skin, feels light, and i tend to get oily fast, but this foundation holds my oil in longer than I expected it.
It's very expensive for a drugstore foundation but it will cost you less if you are looking for one that stays put and control your oil and blends in with your skin. I usually breaks out when a foundation have an ingredient that will prolong the stays, which this one did broke me out very bad. My allergies kicked in the next day, i have tiny pimples that started to pop out everywhere around my cheeks. If you have normal skin or dry skin (not sensitive), this will be a holy grail for you. I also not recommend this for skin with eczema.
The only reason I wont buy this again is because I have sensitive skin and it will break me out. Like I said, if you have normal skin, this will be a great foundation for you, especially now that the cold weather is coming back this foundation will keep your skin hydrated. If you have large pores, this foundation will settle into your pores and it will not make it look visible like other foundation. And if you have pimples, the foundation will give it a smooth radiant look that doesn't make your pimples look noticeable.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by McRubel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh Revlon, you definitely know your business with foundation! I thought nothing could top my liquid Colorstay, but then ColorStay Whipped comes along and rocks my world!!! This stuff is the real deal. I thought it was mostly hype at first and then I tried it out. I purchased it at Meijer for $13 which is slightly more than the liquid normally runs.

The makeup itself appears a lot like a cream-to-powder formula I've seen before but less dry and cakey looking....almost like a gel. My first thought was "I'm going to need a lot of this stuff to cover my face." Wrong. I place a pea-size amount on my forehead, chin, and each cheek and then use my BeautyBlender sponge to blend it in. It covers beautifully and lasts ALL DAY. It doesn't rub or melt off. I honestly wasn't expecting that. And because of the whipped formula, it doesn't settle into fine lines. I like that part a lot! And there's no smell to it. It also seems to give a more luminous effect...the liquid ColorStay has a matte coverage that can sometimes border on flat to where I feel the need to use a highlighter to add some life back into my face!

The ONLY thing I would change would be adding a sunscreen to the product. Then I would give it 5 lippies! If you think this might be a good fit for you, give it a shot. Chances are, you will end up loving it. Don't let a bad experience with the liquid ColorStay deter you from trying this one. It definitely rocks!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 5:47:00 AM More reviews by brwneyedgymnast23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Cafe has turned me into a sheep! I fell for all the hype everyone was giving this product and bought it. It was about $11 at Walmart. Upon first look, the jar of this foundation was like a big heavy hockey puck. I was turned off by that but I thought I'd give it a shot. Well, it turned out that I liked the formula moderately. This is a drying formula for my dry skin so I would suggest it more for oilier skin. I have to moisturize my skin and then immediately apply this in order for it to work. I don't really want to stick my fingers in the jar repeatedly and I'm too lazy to wash a foundation brush every day so I use a disposable sponge to apply it and it works just fine. It's a weird spongey texture. After dipping my sponge into it, it leaves an indent but upon using it again the next day, the surface reverts back and becomes smooth. It's buildable coverage and looks pretty nice if you don't cake it on. I wouldn't call it full coverage but light-medium. It surprisingly lasts most of the day on me. BUT my issue with this is the packaging. I just cannot deal with it any longer. I have travelled with it and therefore it has become a huge mess. This is unfortunate because I do like the formula but I guess not enough to deal with the packaging. Therefore this is not a success on Revlon's part because I am no longer using it. I have returned back to Neutrogena skin clearing makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by tiffhua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product especially for oily skin! Very similar to the colorstay liquid foundation because it gives good coverage and holds up well throughout the day. It's also easier to work with compared to the colorstay liquid because it isn't as thick and it's just easier to put on with just your fingers. It also blends much easier because the lighter consistency. Coverage is medium/full but doesn't look cakey, although it's not as full coverage as the liquid but also not as cakey. Only reason i took off a point was because the packaging is a little bulky for me, so it's not that great for travel because it takes up so much room. *update* i'm not a fan of the packaging at all now. Guess i twisted the lid too tightly and it cracked, so now the lid doesn't work...

for those looking for their color match, i'm mac nc30 and use the color golden medium and it's a good match.