Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Im really liking this foundation.
It feels lightweight on the skin with buildable coverage.
Packaging is very good quality although i prefer the bottle type with a pump. I would purchase it again when im done with it :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Really great buildable coverage, though if you put too much on, it may look a tad cakey. It evens out the redness on my face and covers scars/blemishes well, though not fully - still need concealer for darker spots. Its very lasting. It doesnt come off when I touch my face (blowing nose etc). Good oil and heat control, as I work in a place where I use a furnace every now and then. Set it with powder if you want it to last longer.
Will deff repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I finally found my hg foundation. I have really dry skin and this applies flawlessly without leaving flaky patches on my face like every other foundation I tried. I didn't use any primer under this and it manage to still look the same after 8 hours of working. I originally bought this in "buff" because I'm buff in the original colorstay but it turned out quite ghostly looking on me so I went back to get "nude" instead which matched perfectly.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I really wanted this to work for me. But it turned out to be the worst foundation that I've ever used. =( I have dry skin with large pores and it emphasized every imperfection and made my skin look awful and rough. The coverage was full but it was just so cakey and heavy looking. The worst part was that it made my skin itch. :S I've never experienced that with any other foundation I've used. It itched so bad that I couldn't handle it and actually ran to the bathroom to wash it off. At $17 CAD it's expensive for a drugstore foundation, so I expected more. I had much, much better results with the liquid Colorstay. I'm really disappointed.

Hmmm......this foundation is really weird. The texture was gooey and a bit sticky. Going on it felt "normal" but after about 10 minutes my skin started to itch and so I guess I'm allergic to the silicone or bunch of crappy ingredients in here. My skin is really used to Lancome or Christian Dior so I guess I just can't really put up with drugstore anymore. It also made my pores look HUGE...my skin texture looked rough and cakey. I had to use two layers of this foundation to get the coverage I wanted. I have tried using this with my fingers, brush, sponge, and toes..nothing works. Foundation is horrible...

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

UPDATE 11/23/12:
The coverage is actually medium coverage, but it's VERY buildable to full coverage. It's so buildable that I can even use it as a concealer--just pat pat pat and voila the blemish is gone. (:
UPDATE 11/4/12:
Natural Tan is darker and pinker than Warm Golden.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
This foundation deserves much more than 5 lipsticks.
The coverage, for one, is outstanding. It has full coverage (not completely opaque)--it covers up redness, acne, and most of my dark marks. I even use it on my under eyes.
You would think with the coverage, it would look cakey, but it's not. It has a really nice flawless finish that begins semi-matte but settles into a satin finish. As the day progresses, my face's natural oils seep through, making my face a more luminous-to-dewy finish, which I really like. I don't get oily at all!
I have a strong preference for cream foundations, so the creamy consistency is one of the reasons why I love it so much. It's not mousse-like at all like you would expect from its name "Whipped"--it's just like any other cream foundation: a little goes a long way!
The lasting power is outstanding, too. In a typical autumn day (approx. 60 degrees F), with a primer underneath, it lasts all day long, from 6 AM to 9 PM. I haven't tried it under warmer temperatures, and I haven't worn it any longer than that, but I have worn it to a few of my dance classes (they're extremely high intensity classes, so I sweat) and it does last through the classes, but I get shiny too (the shine might be sweat or oil--I can't tell).
The shade selection is great. Warm Golden is a bit too light but has the PERFECT undertones for me. I'm about NC35 in MAC and 153 in MUFE HD (bit too yellow for me)--medium skin tone with slight yellow undertones.
The main complaint of reviewers here seems to be the packaging, but I actually like the packaging. It's a very chic, high-end-looking glass jar. It IS bulky and large and heavy, I'll agree with that.
For just $13 you really can't go wrong. This stuff beats almost all the high-end stuff out of the water, and for only a quarter of the price!

Would I repurchase? For sure!

This works surprisingly well on my combination nc15-nw20 43-year old skin. The finish is wonderful, somewhere between natural and satiny--and stays that way. Very easy to apply with a buffing brush, and the Buff shade blends perfectly. Holds up with no powder and I mean without even needing to blot for 8-10 hours on me. Covers minor pigmentation issues effectively. Great for an office day. I'm quite surprised, as the normal Colorstay just doesn't look all that great on me. I do wish this contained sunscreen, which is the only reason I'm not giving this a perfect score. I wear it over sunscreen, but I always feel like I'm diluting the protection my sunscreen gives me if my foundation has little or no sunscreen.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I had just colored my hair and new that with the current color of my hair bringing out all the pink in my skin the NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia was going to look like yellow warpaint. I only had about 5 minutes to run to the store before my birthday dinner after the salon appointment. I picked this up because it looked like the ivory shade was leaning to the pink side. If there was a shade between buff and ivory that was neutral that would be my shade but this is so close I can't really detect any demarcation. This spreads well on my moisturized face, it didn't highlight my crater like pores, and it looked completely natural. Mind you I used it sparingly and I have no active blemishes. To my surprise it covered more of my dark circles then any concealer I've ever used. I didn't powder it and it lasted trough a sweat filled walk across town due to parking issues, the dinner, and until I went to bed about 7 hours after application still looking fresh, if not better then when I applied it before leaving. I did notice it did cling to a small patch of flaky skin, but much less so then Sheer Glow or any of my other foundations (with maybe the exception of Armani face fabric). It was easy to remove it and I didn't break out. When I get a new foundation I will break out from the first wear. I will not wear it daily, so if it does break me out with continued use I'll probably chock it up to improper removal. Overall I'm very happy with it and after my last tragic revlon foundation experience, I'm happy to have something good from them in this category!
UPDATE: Ok if you put this on quickly and not extra sparingly it's a cakey horrible mess. You need to be exfoliated, moisturized, and use way less then you think you need, let it set for a wer moments and then recover very carefully any areas of concern. If you do that then it looks pretty damn good from even a foot away but flawless at 2-3 ft away. I also got a huge pimple on my chin after my second wear but I think it's coincidence.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have bought this once before in the summer and went to re purchase it and was sad to see that the lightest shade was gone. Blah there was already very limited colors! It could also be my Walmart. Although I am always in the ivory shade range I still purchased this because it didn't seem too dark. I got it in the color buff. It looked dark at first but to my surprise I actually liked the color it matches me pretty well. Anyway I like this product. A little goes a long way and this is medium-full coverage. It isn't drying and although others say they get a matte finish ..I find it's more of an in-between. I really like the finish it's smooth and makes my skin look healthy. It has a scent but I don't mind it and I don't smell it all day as I do with covergirl products (some of you may know exactly what I mean! lol) It's one of the most long lasting foundations I have tried from the drug store. It didn't break me out at all or dry my skin. The packaging is bulky and I hate sticking my finger in there... But I dot my finger a little on top and then dot around my face and blend with my stippling brush.. I actually like this quite a bit. A lot more than the liquid colorstay, it makes your face look creamer and blends better and is not as drying (to my surprise i thought a mousse would be bad for my skin) Will repurchase :)

This felt like super slippery silicone going on, and that should have been an instant red flag for my acne prone skin. Sure enough, within a week this was making me break out. This also his pretty sheer coverage compared to regular colorstay foundation. I ended up returning this.