October 24, 2014 | 1239 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

Overal I don't mind this foundation. It's easy to apply and I love the packaging. The makeup stays on pretty well but lacks SPF as well doesn't specify between oily and dry. It's a little more expensive then colorstay foundation and doesn't offer the same benefits. I'll be sticking to colorstay from now on

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is my holy grail foundation. I was previously a huge fan of the original colorstay in the combination/oily formula, although it tended to be a bit cakey. The new colorstay whipped creme makeup has is everything that the original colorstay was, minus the cakey finish. But I was a little hesitant to buy the colorstay whipped because it wasn't the combination/oily formulation that I was used to. It doesn't seem to matter with this foundation though. I've worn it for up to 12 hours straight on my fairly oily skin without a single touch up. I got the shade 150 Buff because that's what I used in the original colorstay, and it was a perfect match. The packaging is a little annoying because it's so big and bulky, but it does look pretty and more expensive than it actually is. As far as application, the foundation looks good when you first apply it, but as the day goes on, it looks even BETTER. I just used a slightly damp stippling brush and it blends very nicely without using much product and it the coverage is amazing. My only complaint about this, is that I can't stand the thought of taking it off at night because I look more perfect and flawless than I did even when I first put it on. Great job, Revlon!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by underage

My new favorite foundation! I loved the regular Revlon Colorstay and I was kind of skeptical to try this with all the new whipped foundations coming out. Basically this foundation has everything we love about the normal Revlon Colorstay but a much lighter formula. Perfect for Summer. I apply this with a dense foundation brush and it works perfectly. I love the packaging. It looks expensive but its not good for travel. I pick this foundation over my MAC foundations any day. I'm so impressed with Revlon's quality recently. Try this if you haven't! I can't picture anyone not liking it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Ashjasgreen

I really enjoy this foundation. It goes on so smooth with just the right amount of coverage. I do not think it lasts 24 hours like it says. It does last probably about 12 but then tends fade. The only con I have is that the product must be sitting upright. If u put it in a makeup bag ands it sideways then all the foundation will have shifted and be on half of the lid.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by saddle57

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, I've only had this for a few days so maybe it's not fair to judge quite yet. Here are the pros and cons so far. Goes on nicely,blends in beautifully, and does last quite a long time. The cons... I think it broke me out. I am a mature person who does not have pimples. I have two on my chin. Yuck. I probably could have chosen a different color too. I have Sand Beige 200 thinking it would be a neutral color, and it is. The problem is it looks gray on the skin . It is so hard to get a good color match. What is up with these cosmetic companies! This one is going back to Target. I believe I paid around $12.00. I used Revlon's Colorstay, and it did not break me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by sexygirl999

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the longest-lasting yet easiest to apply foundation I have tried. I've been loyal to Revlon's "regular" liquid CS for years (the oily/combo version), and I think I like this better. I bought the same shade I've used in the liquid, Buff, and the color match was great (for reference, I'm blonde and blue-eyed but my undertone is neutral, borderline warm). No over-orange, nor too much pink - just right! It blends very easily onto my skin and there is no odd "too-even" cast like I experience sometimes with the liquid.

It lasts longer than the liquid too - I would say 7-8 hours of very good coverage, which is pretty much unheard of on my oily skin! Even after that, it still looks good to fair for the rest of the day.

My only complaint is that it does make my skin feel quite oily after a few hours; I think the whipped creme formula is a little too moisturizing for me. I usually use oil absorbing sheets around lunch time and the issue is solved. To be fair, I have never found a foundation that doesn't make me a little more oily, and I almost always wear this with sunscreen underneath.

Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase and will definitely be buying again (though I'll be hunting for sales since this a pricier drugstore foundation).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 2:18:00 AM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I finally found this at wal-mart (in Canada) 2 nights ago and just tried it out today. I was super excited to try this because regular colorstay (combo/oily) is my fave. I paid $16.95, whereas regular colorstay is $14.95. I have shade 150 buff in both - a tiny bit dark for me, but the lighter shade (ivory) is pink based & I have yellow undertones. I wore this from 8AM - 9PM. I don't normally wear my foundation that long but I wanted to test it out. I applied it with my fingers over my cetaphil moisturizer, and set it with my rimmel stay matte powder. It applies smooth & feels silky on the skin. I'd say the coverage is medium - buildable, (I have moderate acne scars and this covered them pretty well) and although I felt like I was using more product than I usually do, it could just be the creme texture. Usually the foundation on my nose is the first to wear off / not look so good, but miraculously it didn't move for 12 hrs +. The area around my mouth & chin, as well as a bit around my nose wore off first (typical for me) and looked pretty bad / faded by the time I took it off. I also noticed it settled into lines I didn't even know I had in my forehead (I'm only 20). I'm sure with the right primer this could be really nice. Even with the fading, I still liked this because I know I don't normally wear makeup for that long. I'll continue to test this out but so far I'd recommend it for anyone wanting to try :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

The price is a little expensive for a drugstore brand. The packaging makes it hard to match your skin. I am asian and have yellow undertones. I ended up getting medium beige which has a pink undertone and is a bit too dark for me....Also, the consistency is a bit weird for me. It feels really heavy on the skin but it does a great job at covering and staying in place all day. I have oily and acne prone skin and it definitely stays put. I do get oily about 4-5 hours later, but thats pretty good. I will blot my face every so often. But this is my go to foundation ATM when I'm out for long hours. And I'm still on the fence about re-purchasing... It dries really weird around the nose... It looks cakey around my nose even though I but on a light layer of foundation... They need to fix the consistency.

Pros:
Stays on all day
Great oil control (Oily in 4-5 hours)
Contains no parabens
Nice finish (not too matte, and not too dewey)
Medium to full coverage
Doesn't contain parabens
Great for flash photography

Cons:
Cakey even with a light hand
Dries weird around the nose
Heavy consistency, feels like a mask
Small amount of product in large glass jar
Hard to find color match because of glass jar
Transfers even with powdering
Pricey $10-12

Still on the fence about re-purchasing... D:

EDIT 1/3/13: This foundation is amazing for winter time :D It definitely stays on longer during the cold weather. I had this on from 9AM- 1AM the next day for NYE/ NY :D It was still flawless, although had to blot like every 5 hours or so... I just don't like how it feels, it's very mask like D:

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Smabe92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Eh.. just so so. That's how I feel about this product. I like it, & I would repurchase it. I like the finish of it & I love the texture. However, I always use the colorstay original if I really want my foundation to last. So when I tried this I expected it to last all day just like the original. It definitley didn't. Did I mention I have oily skin? I kind of feel like this just slips right off within a few hours. I like the finish of this like I said. BUT I wouldn't use this if I wanted my foundation to last ALL day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a generally good product. I love the texture of this - it is super fluffy and almost gel like. It really spreads like a dream, I'm still experimenting with brushes but so far my Sonia Kashuk Flattop Multitasking brush is what makes it look the best. I'm an NC 20 for color reference, and I use the shade Buff. This stuff is SUPER hydrating - I really don't know how well this would work on somebody with oily skin. I have dry skin so this works out pretty well for me. This stuff is super light, it doesn't feel like I have a lot on when I spread this on my face. I would consider this to be a light - medium coverage. I can definitely see myself using this when my skin is more cleared up because it definitely lets your natural skin shine through. I currently have quite a few break outs to cover up, so I really have to layer this on and even then it isn't enough coverage, so my concealer has to do all the work. It matches my skin almost exactly...I'm actually super impressed with that. It seems faster to blend this out then most foundations - but there is a catch, even though it seems to blend out faster, it takes so much longer for it to absorb into my skin. I have to let it sit for almost 10 minutes before I can put my concealer on because it's so moist, if i touch it it just moves around and kind of rubs away the coverage. I think I like this foundation a few hours AFTER I put it on, because it really does mattify and it truly does stay put through sweating and what not. I had to mix this with my regular Revlon ColorStay so that I could get a better coverage and I like it when I do that a bit better. Alone, I think this foundation would work the best with a sponge or a beauty blender. I haven't tried that yet. This doesn't seem as transfer resistant as the Traditional ColorStay formula but it holds up pretty well. I also don't think this lasts as long, but it's definitely longer lasting then my MAC Studio Fix Fluid. Definitely a good product, not my favorite but I will definitely be reaching for this in the winter when my skin needs more moisture.