Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 9/30/2012 8:14:00 PM

This foundation is great for those who have oily skin. After a couple hours of wear, my skin looks great and glowing. There are SO many shades to choose from, although it is very hard to match since the product is sealed and you can't see through the packaging. I hate the jar but as long as you use clean fingers, it shouldn't get too unsanitary. A little goes a long way and it blends smoothly into the skin without a sticky finish. :)

on 9/30/2012 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

SHADE SELECTION: natural tan (NC37 for reference)

Pros

- medium to full coverage
- blends easily
- semi-matte finish
- looks natural
- long wearing

Cons

- packaging
- price
- amount of product
- feels heavy at first
- poor oil control

Comments: This provides a semi-matte finish and depending on application method, it can be light coverage or full. It's glides on smoothly, despite being on the thick side. I think this would work for all skin types as its not too matte nor dewy. I had no issue with this staying put in hot weather and even while sweating, however I still get oily around the 4 hour mark. I'm disappointed in the price and that it offers a less amount of product than the average foundation bottle. A little does go a long way and you're able to use up every bit of product, though. Also, keep in mind that this can feel a little heavy when applied with a brush. A sponge makes it feel more lightweight.

Will repurchase.

on 9/29/2012 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

HG for me. I have super oily skin and I had yet to find a foundation that doesn't slide off after 3 or 4 hours...until this miracle in a jar. This stuff is divine. I cleanse thoroughly and do not use any moisturizer or primer; just dip a Q-tip in the jar (for all of you concerned about keeping the product saniitary), dab it on my face, and spread with fingers. Natural Tan works best for me (NC 35-37). It applies like a dream...almost melts into my skin and feels like silk, and the coverage is buildable wherever I may need a little extra. I wait until it has dried and then I fluff loose powder on my t-zone to keep the shine away. Ladies, I have to blot after approx. 6 hours, and that is all. For me that is a miracle. I have had several friends ask what wonderful new thing I'm doing for my skin. My pores look tiny (and believe me, they are NOT), and the overall finish of my skin looks close to airbrushed.

I have been using it for about a month and have had no problem with breakouts, but since I am so oily I am meticulous about thorough washing and exfoliation. I was really hesitant about trying this since the name "whipped cream" sounds like it would leave an oil slick on my face, but it has been wonderful. For those of you thinking this is pricey, when I consider that I do not have to do any touch-ups or reapplication throughout the day (like I would with other foundations) it is not expensive at all. $12 at Wal Mart. My skin looks close to perfect. I am in love!!

on 9/29/2012 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

love this foundation! It works great and looks great. I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do but I am a fan. It lasts all day and gives even coverage and doesn't feel heavy on my skin. Definitely a fav!

on 9/29/2012 1:30:00 AM

I never wear foundation, but I am taking professional photos so it was a necessity. I tried it based on the reviews and I think it was a great purchase. I have sensitive skin, but since I am only using it occasionally, it should be just fine. For drugstore foundation, it is a great quality product. I applied using a slightly wet foundation brush. For the price, it is comparable to a cosmetic counter for sure.

on 9/28/2012 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Such a disappointment! It lasted so long and was so pretty the first few times I wore it that I thought i might actually give up my beloved Merle Norman minerals. Unfortunately, it stopped looking so great, just about the same time I noticed my skin wasn't doing so well either. I don't usually break out from cosmetics. Way more often something in them bothers my eyes and, on the plus side, this one didn't. After the same skincare regimen I'd been using successfully--(cold cream wiped off with a very warm washcloth, Clinique Clarifying #2, and a bit of jojoba oil) --I developed a whole lot of blackheads and skin bumpies. A few days later, not using this product, my skin started to look much better, and has been really good ever since.

Granted this is only my first day wearing this since I bought it yesterday, but I can already tell this will be a long-term relationship. I have searched high and low for a medium-full coverage foundation for my wedding that would hide/blur my freckles and blemishes while still looking natural and not breaking me out. Obviously I can't speak about it's breaking-me-out-potential yet, but everything else is just wonderful. It feels so comfortable to wear, I actually forgot I had it on! My freckles and blemishes have been drastically minimized, and adding a little concealer and powder will make for a flawless wedding day face for me. Thanks Revlon :) Oh, p.s. the packaging is a little misleading on the outside...because of the thickness of the glass, it looks like all the colors are lighter than their liquid colorstay counterparts. I found myself picking up a shade that had "cocoa" or something in the name because my normal shade, "buff" looked too light in the jar. Fortunately, I regained my senses and went with my regular color. The shades are true to the original liquid colorstay line.

on 9/27/2012 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I want to love this foundation.. And I do. Just hate that it broke me out. It does apply beautifully with my fingers, has a nice semi matte semi dewy finish medium coverage. I'd still recommend it despite the breakouts it gave me

on 9/27/2012 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the foundation I will be wearing for a very long time. The application is easy and smooth and the color matches my skin very well.
The only kinda downfall is the fact that a little comes a looong loong way, and if you use a little too much, it will look cakey.

on 9/27/2012 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I have the pleasure of saying that this foundation is an HG for me. I have been searching for something like this for a very long time. It goes on like smooth silk, gives a medium buildable coverage, dries to a semi-matte/satiny finish, it looks natural, lasts all day on me without having to blot, I no longer wear powder on top, it minimises my pores, it washes off easily, it doesn't dry my skin out, I haven't had any acne breakouts or itch (and I have sensitive, easily irritated skin). I'm am very, very happy with this product. If I had to say 1 negative thing, it would be that it is in a large jar and I feel a bit uncomfortable leaving it open for "things" to get into it whilst doing my make up. I think I'm going to put some of it into a smaller container. But overall, I'm just loving this foundation. Please don't discontinue it Revlon!!