September 1, 2014 | 1831 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Kirbyness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After reading all the great reviews I badly wanted to try this to see if it was my finally my HG. I bought no 110 Ivory, as soon as it arrived I threw it on. Boy was I disappointed! No matter how I applied it, It just wouldn't sit right on my skin. It accentuated every small bump, every pore & the coverage was awful. (my skin isn't even that bad!) I had to layer it a few times to cover a red mark. Whenever I tried to dust my finishing powder over the top, the foundation went slightly patchy, no matter how long I waited between foundation application & powder. The staying power wasn't that brilliant either, 4 hours after applying it was starting to slip off my face. I have combination skin & this just did not work for me at all. I gave it a month because I just hate wasting products but eventually I gave it away to a friend who wanted to try it. Even though it has so many cons for me I'm giving it two lippies because I have very sensitive skin & this didn't irritate it, or break it out over the month I tried it like most foundations do and the color match was excellent (I'm very fair and have trouble finding a drugstore foundation to match me) But the cons WELL outweigh the pros for me, back to my hunt for the HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Xokimberly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. In regards to the complaints with making pores appear larger I actually find the opposite with this, I prime my face with too faced primed and pore less then apply this lightly key word on top and it sets so nicely! It's very blend able and I hate drugstore usually, I bought this on a whim. My only complaints are one the price it cost me $18 Canadian dollars which is too much for revlon but then again I found a coupon for -$3 off so I justified it. And the second con is it has no SPF therefore traveling to hot destinations with this won't work for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by alicia14787

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I guess I'm the minority here but I didn't like this foundation at all. I returned it. For one the container, it's so unsanitary unless you use a spatula every time. Also, the foundation itself settles into every pore making them SO noticeable. Yes, it was light on the skin, but I didn't care for the finish at all. It was very matte, but I'd get oily after a few hours, pores looked huge, and th foundation started to transfer and rub off. I suppose it wasn't terrible but to me it wasn't special either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by happifayce

I absolutely love this foundation. It goes smoothly and makes my skin flawless. It is full coverage, IMO. I've finally found my HG foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by evalovespipa

I got a sample of this and tried to like it but the smell is SO horrible. It smells like spoiled latex, just gross. It's coverage is medium and it is very thick to apply, I definitely won't be buying this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by ambersmiles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

PROS:
- Very nice soft matte finish
- Controlled oily t-zone
- Does not break me out
- Natural looking
- Good coverage
- Easy application/Blendable
- Lasted me a whole work day in hot weather!
- Covers blemishes
- WAY BETTER than the original Revlon Colorstay foundation

CONS:
- a little pricey for a drugstore foundation

A lot of people are complaining about the packaging. I have nothing wrong with it. Yes, it's big for travel but whatever, it's still a great product! This is now my HG foundation!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by justinabrooks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a pretty good foundation. It's not the greatest out there, but it's good! I have it in the shade nude. I had to go back and get a lighter shade because it seems like it sets way darker than when I apply. The consistency is super creamy! (hence the name) lol when I first apply, it's very pink toned, and a little grey even, and looks scary, but it's absolutely gorgeous when it sets! The packaging is alright. Not the most convienient, but it looks and feels nice. It claims to stick on for 24 hours, I've never worn my makeup that long, but it does not budge when I wear it for a long period! I know this because when I wash my face at the end of the day, I can see foundation in my sink! The only reason it wouldn't get a 5 is because of the shade variety. I am VERY picky when it comes to my foundation matching PERFECTLY. This is sort of dark, but if I go up a shade, it's too light. I'm an NC25 by the way. In the end, I would recommend and repurchase this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by livelyjigga

I just bought the Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme foundation in Natural Tan, Early Tan, and Rich Ginger. I have NC40-42 skin and Early Tan was alittle too light for me. Rich Ginger would be the closes shade match for me. When you touch the foundation it feels almost gel like. I apply this with my fingers as I feels it is the smoothest and easiest way to blend it. When you first put it on your face and blend it out, it almost feels greasy; I don't really like that somewhat greasy feel on my skin; but you just have to go along with it because once you set it the greasiness goes away. What I like about this product is that it blends right into your skin and does not just sit on top of it. Another thing I don't like is that the color range isn't that great, i had to get 3 colors to try out-good thing they were on sale; I wouldn't have spent the $15 it's usually priced at. Ohh and the price is pretty expensive too. Last thing is that it doesn't last all day, I could see and feel the color coming off from skin and transferring from my fingers to papers around me. Not something you want to see happen. But anyways if you have normal skin and don't mind touching up then this is good for you. It leaves you with a nice soft even finish which is good, but if you are looking for heavy duty coverage that lasts then I would be iffy on buying this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by alarma

Love this foundation! I just tried samples of Urban Decay Skin, Kat Von D Lock It and Smashbox Studio Skin. I loved the Smashbox Studio Skin as it stayed on my face all day and didn't separate at any point on my nose as that's the issue I have with all foundations. So I purchased the Smashbox for $54 (taxes included, in Canada). The same day I went to Walmart and saw the new display of Revlon Cream foundation for $16.95 plus tax. I loved the Revlon Cream as much as Smashbox! The great thing about it as well is that it's half the price of Smashbox! I will return the Smashbox and will continue using the Revlon! If I feel like the foundation looks too matt I just put a bit of Laura Mercier Mineral Loose Foundation and it give my skin the luminositi. The packaging kind of sux, as it's bulky and kind of messy so you have to be careful when using the product, but oh well, how else would you package it as it is whipped cream consistency.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by anjamanninen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Holy cow, did I get an insane deal on this. At Meijer, all revlon cosmetics were 40% off! Plus, I had a $1.00 coupon for revlon! Crazy-amazing deal, i know. :) It came to about $6.19 plus tax. Basically HALF-OFF! :D It was so worth it too, because I love this foundation. It doesn't claim to be oil free, but I couldn't find the word "oil" in the ingredients list. The consistency is velvet-y smooth, it covers my acne, controls my oil (better than the neutrogena oil-control foundation. Weird, right?) even though it doesn't claim to, and matches my skin tone perfectly, after being blended in, which is a breeze. I use a basic foundation brush to apply this in spots all over my face, and then buff it all around with my elf powder brush. Plus, it lasts all day! I love this product and could rave for HOURS!(: go get yourself some! You won't regret it!