Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

Polybutene , Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Tridecyl Trimellitate , Octyldodecanol , PETROLATUM, Hydrogenated Polydecene , Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate , Jojoba , Polyethylene , Ozokerite , Cetyl PEG , PPG-10 , 1 Dimethicone , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate , Hexyl Laurate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Beeswax, Zinc Ricinoleate , Squalane , Silica , Shea Butter , Butter Mango , Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , TOCOPHEROL ACETATE, Coconut Oily, Synthetic Wax , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Dimethicone , Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer , Isodecyl Neopentanoate , Tribehenin , Sorbitan Isostearate , Fragrance , BHT , Caprylyl Glycol , 1,2 Hexanediol , May Contain: Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI,77891) , Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) , Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) , Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1) , Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985) , Red 33 Lake (CI 17200) , Carmine (CI 75470) , Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) , Red 6 Lake (CI 15850)

on 11/14/2011 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I bought a lot of these, about 11 to be exact. They are overall very pigmented, and go on very smoothly. I have tan skin and pigmented lips already so there are a few colors that just didn't show up on me, berry smoothie, and creme brulee. Berry smooth is a pink mauve color with shimmer and creme brulee is almost a nude color. I took off one lippie for the fact that they don't last a very long time and fade after an hour or so. So I have to keep reapplying. A bit drying, I need to wear this with my jack black lip balm.

EDIT: I can't really wear these...the lasting power sucks, and they just keep drying my lips out too much.

I'm definitely digging the lip butters, I bought them in 4 different shades since CVS was having a BOGO 50% sale for Revlon. I bought cupcake, creme brulee, pink truffle, and tutti frutti. My favorite is probably either cupcake or creme brulee. I like them because they glide on smoothly, have decent pigmentation, and aren't sticky at all. I don't think they are as moisturizing as a lip balms or chapstick or anything like that but they do alright in that field. My lips are naturally pretty pigmented so I do need a few layers for the color to show up. I find that they have 0 staying power though... that's not a huge bust for me since I reapply lip products constantly but for some people who don't want to do that may have a problem with these. Overall, I think they're pretty nice!
PROS: Good color selection, creamy, somewhat moisturizing, nice packaging (love how they click into place), decent pigmentation
CONS: little staying power, a bit higher price on the drugstore end of lip products but good if you can find a coupon/deal.

on 11/13/2011 9:49:00 PM

Fig Jam is the best sheer lipstick I have found! A perfect reddish brown, just my lips but more pronounced. It is very moisturizing. I find that I have to apply more frequently than I would like, but I love this color.

on 11/13/2011 9:48:00 PM

I got Fig Jam and Red Velvet...I have warm skin and these both work for me. One lippie off for drying qualities, tho I am pleased they have no scent, since scented lippies usually are distracting to me.

on 11/13/2011 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I had to go and get one of these to see if it lives up to all the hype...I have to say they are pretty nice! I don't think they are worth almost $8 though! I got one in Sugar Plum and it is very hydrating and nicely pigmented. I was a little disappointed that it didn't have a scent. I guess this is a plus for many but with the yummy sounding names I expected a yummy smell. I do like these but I think the Palladio tinted lip balm is just as good and priced much better!

on 11/13/2011 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I brought 5 of these the first day they showed up in my Rite Aid store. I just loved the word "butter", and since I'm addicting to lipsticks so I couldn't help myself but to grab them. Ok, to be honest, I don't think that they are that special. I like them enough to use them twice a week. They are very pigmented, but not moisturizing at all. Please do not attempt to use them to replace your lip balms, it will not work. I like the color selections and the glossiness that showed on my lips. But....yes, it will dry your lips out after 1 hour if you applied more than 2 coats.

on 11/13/2011 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am still deciding whether these live up to the hype! When applied the lip butters go on like a moisturizing lip balm, but they don't feel all that different from the Revlon colorstay lipsticks to be honest (maybe just a little more glossy), and staying power for me is only a couple hours at max. After a couple hours my lips felt more dry and the product wears off unevenly. I wanted to use these like a lip balm, but keep in mind they are very pigmented so watch out. I found mine both at Rite-Aid and Walgreens for $7.49 (they had displays in the front of the cosmetics aisle).I have purchased and tried at one point : lollipop, peach parfait, pink truffle, and berry smoothie.

Lollipop: this is a VERY pigmented FUSHIA pink, its electric. To bold for me everyday or anytime; I returned this one.
Peach Parfait: This gives my lips a little more pigment then they already have, almost has a hint of salmon/coral color, mixed with pink shimmer. Its very wearable for everyday!
Pink Truffle: I had read about this one and really wanted to love it. However, the color pulls more brown on me than pink. Also if you re-apply this one it gets to be a very deep color. (Returned)
Berry Smoothie: This is a very wearable mauve pink for everyday! It maybe has a little bit of shimmer but for the most part is matte and gives your lips just a little bit of color pop, very classy!
Overall, I will probably seek out the sugar plum color; but will wait till I see them on sale. I think the lip butters are good, but not for the full price!

I was lucky enough to find these at my local CVS even though it seems many people have had a hard time finding these. They were running BOGO 50% off, plus Revlon qualified toward a $10.00 gift card if you purchased $30 worth of product. I got four colors. I am about a NW15 with lips that are NOT pigmented, for reference. Berry Smoothie = really pretty deeper cool to neutral pink on me, Sugar Frosting = this is the color I'd probably reach for most days, it gives me a TAD bit of color, but for me it's more of a pinky-nudeish lip without going brown, Cotton Candy = so gorgeous, a cool light pink with gold shimmer, and Pink Truffle = my least favorite.. was hoping it would be the YLBB color many described. On me it pulls more brown than mauve-pink. It also is one of those colors that makes my teeth look more yellow (I wish I could whiten my teeth but one of my front teeth had a root canal so I would need to get veneers on both front teeth, expensive... someday...). Anyway, these are great. Staying power is about 2 hours, and after that they leave a bit of a stain. They are creamy but I wouldn't really call them balm like, or lip butter like, from the different balms and butters I've tried. They just feel like a nice moisturizing lipstick. I do think the texture is similar to the Dior Addict lipsticks as others have suggested. I really like them and if you can find them on sale or a BOGO they're a great price. I'm actually not much of a lipstick person, usually a gloss person, but these sucked me in. Since I don't wear lipstick often I don't want to pay a ton for it. I love that these are moisturizing and seem to have a great color selection. The package is super cute. I do wish that they had made the base of the stick a little longer, and the cap a tad shorter. As others have stated they can sometimes be a pain to open up because there isn't much to grip at the bottom. Overall I love these and I'll probably repurchase them when I run out. I want to find Red Velvet for the holiday season!!!

on 11/12/2011 7:25:00 PM

I picked up a couple of these after seeing all the pics/raves on the MU board. I had read they were drying, so i was a little concerned about that, since my lips already suffer from dryness. To my surprise, these weren't drying at all - not moisturizing, either, but they were creamy and smooth in application. I picked up Pink Truffle (a mauvey warm rose) and Red Velvet (a dark red in the tube, but turned more purple on application) and like both (I'm an NC40 w/green eyes). Red velvet is probably better suited for night/going out than work, but overall, i'm impressed with the formula and pigmentation. Will probably pick up a few more (make sure to buy on sale - $7.99 is a little much for a drugstore lipstick, IMO).

on 11/12/2011 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i feel if makeupalley were a physical location, i would be covered in tomatoes for not loving this product! =) it's ok, i think it is kind of crazy the hype this product is creating. yes, it does have a nice sheen and softens somewhat, but this is not life changing imho and i will definitely not be hoarding all of the shades by any means. i have Peach Parfait and Creme Brulee and am preferring Creme Brulee for sure. Peach Parfait has a shimmery look versus Creme Brulee is a solid nude color with sheen. don't get me wrong, these are nice, but not the holy grail of lip products.

Popular Lipsticks