October 25, 2014 | 1886 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by BreannNicole

I went a little crazy with this product and have in total six. They haven't been easy to find either. I love these! they remind me a lot of clinique chubby sticks. Same consistency staying power and they leave a stain. Raspberry pie is by far my favorite. It's very pretty and long lasting due to the stain it leaves behind. Fig jam Is another favorite its kind a slight brown tone that isn't over powerful.Red velvet is a gorgeous red that I think anyone can pull off. Because we all know red can be difficult to pull off. Sugar plum is a very pretty its a pink nude that. I was thinking it would be more of a purple than pink. But this makes a perfect nude lip without being too pink. The two I'm not a fan of would be peach parfait and cherry tart. Peach I expected subtle but not that subtle.It was more of just glitter on my lips its okay but a little to sheer for my likings.As for cherry tart I was expecting a bright pretty fun daytime red. It's far from it and the worst one I've purchased so far. All it does is give my lips a gloss no color or anything.I will definitley continue buying this product for everyday wear because I feel they are perfect for just that. Everyday use. The rasberry pie and red velvet can be great for a night on the town or everyday fun. These two are definitley the stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by glowgirl123

i don't see how this is getting such bad reviews ! I have the one in strawberry short cake, and i love it . i think it's such a beautiful pink color, and is not too bright, or too dark. I'm not much for tinted lip balms, because they kinda feel waxy. but these just feel like butter, really creamy and smooth on your lips. & they also have a beautiful color selection, very wearable colors, the packaging is REALLY CUTE !
will for sure be buying a few more of these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by darkeyedfran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THESE SO MUCH!
first of all these just don't sit on my lips, they actually moisturize them! My lips were so dry and then ater only one day of wear they feel so much better! I'm pretty much obsessed and need more.
These are a combination between the benefit silky finish lipsticks and the tarte lipsurgence products. They are not waxy at all, they just glide on and the color is fabulous! these have much more even color distribution than the lipsurgence and are not gritty like the silky finish lipsticks.
I consider these lipsticks and not tinted balms. I cannot describe it!
the colors are fabulous! Revlon has always made the most flattering colors (on me at least!) and I eel like these are the same quality as my other revlon products. I own the colors Pink Truffle (a my lips but better color), Candy Apple (a just bitten, sweet red!), and sweet tart (a bright but wearable candy pink!). The lasting power is average for a lipstick and the darker colors kind of stain my lips, these all fade naturally.
THE PACKAGING IS GREAT! I love the packaging because I can quickly grab the right shade to throw in my purse for the day, they click in place, glide smoothly, and they look really sleek when open! I love the bright tubes, they don't look cheap at all.
All in all this is a fabulous product that I will repurchase time and time again!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by tsmith4896

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

AMAZING! I realize all make up is subject to individual taste, but I am amazed that some of the reviewers of Revlon's Lip Butters experienced dryness with this product. To me, the product is highly moisturizing! I purchased in Raspberry Pie. The color pay off is amazing and the color is a cool, deep pink. It is one of those colors that makes your teeth appear whiter. As for the texture, this product glides easily and smoothly onto lips. The feel is amazingly rich and moisturizing. And, the product stayed on my lips for longer that I anticipated. Overall, this is a great product for a very reasonable price.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by trautman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I agree that these are over rated. I guess it depends on what your looking for in a lip butter, but I need moisture, and for that these sadly don't cut it:(For one more dollar I could go buy the korres lip butters, and actually have moisturized, plumper looking lips. I think Revlon put more thought in the cute packaging than the actual product. Pass for me.....

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by graham_wellington

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just did not like these at all. They were not moisturizing on me at all and I agree with the other reviewers who say it almost seems to take away moisture from your lips. Also I personally didn't care for the colors I tried, they were either too dark for me or had no color at all. These are no better than an ordinary lower end lip balm and not at all worth the hype they are getting imho.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 8:14:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My main problem with this product is the color selection. I prefer a neutral toned light pink shade. I purchased "Cupcake" and if you like a "Barbie-esque" lip, this is perfect. The texture of the product is more lipstick than balm. In fact, had the product not been named "lip butter" I would have thought it was just a new line of lipsticks. The other colors available were darker pinks, roses, and warmer shades that didn't interest me. Overall, it's not a bad product. As a lipstick, the texture is nice and the packaging is decent. I just wish there were more brown-based shades available (ala Bobbi Brown).

**Picked up "Peach Parfait" after seeing it on Emma Stone on the Revlon website. Richly pigmented peach toned lip. Works well with Revlon Matte Peach blush or Clinique "Precious Posy". If you are feeling "peachy", this is one to try.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is just a moisturizing lippie. You would think with the hype of this, this is a new concept. I do like the shades but the formula hasn't much staying power. They have too much color to be a chapstick and not enough for a lipstick and in the winter when when my lips are dry this accentuates the cracks beleive it or not. I prefer to do mattes myself and just use a good chapstick all day.....but I did like shades and would say they would suit a wide range of skintypes. Subtle, good for maybe younger girls but this is pretty overrated so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by ClaireBear728

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE these!!! After seeing all the great reviews of these lip butters, and seeing them in several YouTube reviews, I had to buy them. The ONLY place I have seen them so far is at one Walgreens where I live (NC). I have searched at CVS, Target, Rite Aid, and also bed Bath and Beyond (even called Ulta) but no other stores here have them yet. I have Sugar Frosting, Gumdrop, and also Sugar Plum. I normally do glosses, as I dont really like lipstick alone, but these lip butters have enough color that they look like a sheer lipstick. I really want to buy the Red Velvet one, but sadly, the store doesnt have all of the colors yet, so I have to wait on that one. (The Walgreens where I bought them only has a small shelf display of them with select colors). I will definitely buy more of these, but hopefully on sale eventually (I hate spending almost 8 dollars for each, but I bought them now at full price just because I really wanted to try them). The Sugar Frosting is a light color, the Gumdrop is slightly purple, and the Sugar Plum is a brownish, purple color (with a hint of pink) I love the sugar plum because it gives a slight red tint, but its not a tacky red. I originally got the Fig Jam, but I returned it because it was too brown (and there was no purple tint as a few people had stated in their reviews). I will definitely get more of these and recommend that everyone try them!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Magixz

I was not impressed...with all the great ingredients listed, I expected this lippie to be super great but instead it is more like an expensive chap stick! I did not find it to be extra special in any way. I bought the darker pink one. It was hard to see on my lips no matter how many times I applied it. No taste, no smell either which is odd to me considering all the ingredients they listed. I returned it the very next day! Maybe if Revlon vamps this lippie up some more I will try it again but for now, it cost too much for what it is and how it looks on me. I would rather add another 7 dollars and go buy me a MAC favorite for the money.