December 21, 2014 | 1884 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by tnmo

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! Finally MAC has come out with an all rounded foundation that is long lasting, has minimal transfer and can be worn dewy or matte. It's also medium and is buildable which means that it is versatile for everyday work/school wear and special occasions. The pump is great for controlling how much product you want. The best part for me is definitely the fact that it doesnt feel heavy or cakey on the face, especially if you use a little primer under it (although not necessary). Work quickly because it dries fast but this is a definite yay!

I've used Studio Fix Liquid (NC 50), Studio Fix Powder (NC 50) and Studio Tech and I would never buy them again due to the fact that they either (in respective order) make my skin look like an oily icky mess after 2 hours and feel like I have a heavy coat of paint on, look cakey and "too perfect", or dry out and cake in clumps on my face.

Great all rounder!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by angel411

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Color choice is poor. I'm in between two shades so I'd have to buy two bottles and constantly mix. Did not care for this coverage at all. There is nothing moderate about out. I don't have great skin but it's not the worst either, and it did a terrible job at hiding old acne scars. I can find $10 drugstore foundations that have the same coverage. Mac missed the buck on this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2010 9:12:00 AM More reviews by karens

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I so wanted to love this product, but sadly it's not for me.

I was incorrectly matched as NC20 by the MAC SA and this was far too pale. I returned this and wangled a generous sample of NC25, but this is ORANGE on my skin - the difference between NC20 and NC25 seems huge.

I've tried applying this using my fingers, a foundation brush and a damp cosmetic sponge but every time it looks cakey and artificial - regardless of the speed I apply it or the quantity I use. It seems to wear in a patchy fashion and after 5 or 6 hours a lot of it had simply disappeared off my face.

The packaging is reasonable, but the pump has a tendency to 'splurt' foundation.

Having used my sample for the last 3 days I think this may be causing bumps under the skin around my jaw line - not what I was hoping for.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by jackjack828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I swear by MAC Sculpt since I have dry/oily skin thought I'd give this a try since I'm always on a lookout for a new foundation. Well, this is my new HG. It has great coverage. Using only one pulp to cover my entire face, I'd say this is cheap. It doesn't break me out since its not based on mineral oil. Its basically one of those foundation that makes you look great all day. I don't even need to blot. Anyway, this is hands down one of the best foundation I've ever used.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by ashleey96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVEEEE ITTTT! <3

Pros:
+lasts on my VERY oily skin (genetic :\)
+finally found a match for my awkward skin tone
+doesnt break me out or clog my pores
+medium-full coverage
+non orange
+the list continues..

Cons:
-cant think of any yet but will update if I find any (:

-UPDATE-
broke me out like lots and feels abit tacky on the skin so im lowering my 5 to a 3 & the NC45 is abit dodgy & orange..

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2010 10:41:00 AM More reviews by cheersammy23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product broke me out in a matter of two days. I'm also very annoyed with MAC's idea of undertones, I'm not orange, I don't know why they matched me that way.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by BRANDI7013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I literally rushed out to buy this foundation. I am not impressed. I have very oily skin (sensitive with the occasional pimple as well.) I also always have a bottle of Studio Fix Fluid on hand--for reference--because it is sort of my 'go to' foundation. And, I thought since this was suppose to be longer wearing--that I needed it. My job does not normally allow for touch ups during the day so I was really hoping this might work! I was wrong--I have never been so embarrassed about my makeup at the end of the day than I was with this stuff. It seperated on my oily skin and caked up--BAD! I even tried it with and without a primer and different powders. Now, don't get me wrong---this stuff is great for just running errands on my days off. But, for work--I cannot count on it to last and keep my face matte (any more matte than what my Dior Forever Extreme or SFF does.) As for application--you do have to work fast because it dries rather quickly. And, I do love that it comes with a pump! I just wished it was 'long wearing.' My coloring in SFF is NC15 and I was also NC15 in this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by MACbeauty24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG FOUNDATION!!! coverage is medium-full, does not break me out, color match is dead on! and it lasts all day! and it comes with a pump that you DO NOT have to purchase seperatly! there is not one thing that I do not like about this!!! I can never see myself switching!!! will definetley be purchasing over and over again!
*UPDATE!!!!!* I just started my second bottle of this and I still LOVE it!!! I normally have oily/acne prone skin and this has still not broken me out AT ALL and this foundation seems to be helping my skin!!! I definetely recommend this foundation to anyone with oily skin!!!!!!!! it's AMAZING!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by tsaraya29

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG status. One of the best foundation purchases I have made. And I was very leery about trying MAC liquid again, because the studio fix liquid seemed to break me out. I've been wearing this for 2 weeks now with no irritation. Coverage is adequate, although I don't have a lot of blemishes or scars; my main concern is even coverage for discoloration. This seems buildable, but I wouldn't recommend applying more than 2 pumps.
I use this in NC50 along with the Pro Longwear concealer in NC45. Like many women of color, the outer area of my face ( forehead and chin) are a little darker than my nose/eye/cheek area. So I apply the concealer first under eye and a little on my upper cheeks using my MAC 188 stipple brush, and finish with 1-2 pumps of foundation applied with the MAC 187 stipple. PERFECT finish that does seem to last all day. IMO this is comparable to MUFE HD foundation but without the steep price tag. Pump is also a plus. Will definitely look forward to repurchasing.
Edited to add: For an extra oommph, I finish with a very light application of MAC mineralize in dark. Absolutly gorgeous. This foundation is definitely HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by babiineni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

HG foundation!!! i have tried every Mac foundation and this is not only my favorite mac foundation but my favorite overall. Stays on all day stays matte great coverage and looks natural!