October 21, 2014 | 1826 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by jenyang10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to grab a sample first as ive been discouraged by MAC foundations in the past. Day 3 and so far im loving it. I took one point away from the overall rating because although it stays on all day...it definately feels like im wearing loads of make up even when ive only put on a pumps worth.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Makeupismyaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I give this a 4.5. I love this foundation. I have been using double wear and it is very comparable. It lasts all day but it wasnt drying like el dw. It didnt completely cover some acne scars but thats what concealer is for. Im beyond impressed. I love riding motorcycles where i have a full face helmet on. When i got off i asked my boyfriend what was messed up (usually my makeup is wack lol) and he said nothing it looks the same. Never liked MAC foundation until now.

UPDATE: Used for a week now, It is buildable so I am able to cover everything and lasts all day. My skin looks much better using this foundation too. Going to change it to 5 rating.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by marippe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i am not new to mac, but new to their face products. i'm so glad i bought this product (in NC15) ~ it is by far the best foundation i've ever used. one to two pumps cover my entire face and neckline, blends evenly and effortlessly, and leaves my skin matte. provides me with really good coverage and evens out redness in my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 3:35:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had high expectations for this foundation after reading everyone's glowing reviews but yes, it is that good. I bought it in NC15, which is slightly less yellow than the same shade in Studio Fix Fluid. It feels less thick than Studio Fix Fluid and is a good transition foundation if you like light foundations in the summer and want something with better coverage for the fall/winter. It feels nice, goes on matte, stays on your face, no transfer. I have dry skin, so I was worried this would show my dryness more, but no it's perfectly fine. I apply it with the Sigma f80 stippling brush, only use one pump, you don't need to set it, lovely finish. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Hairnova

Overall rating is 5* because this is the best feeling foundation ever. It feels like I have nothing on my skin while providing buildable coverage. I love the way this foundation feels... hands down the most natural foundation ever. Its not oil based but silicone based according to MAC MUA. No oils so my t-zone stayed oil free and lasted all day. I really would like to dock it a star based on color matching. The color range available is quite limited and I am having to mix NC 45 and NC 50 to achieve my perfect match which sucks but oh well...I still love it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Victoiresecret

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I must be the minority, but I really don't like this foundation. No matter how I apply it, it looks cakey and it's really hard to blend! Maybe I'm not applying it right (I just use a foundation brush) but it looks so heavy and awful!! I like studio fix so much more since it looks amazing on me but that breaks me out. this doesn't seem to break me out but I really don't like the look. It does last quite a while, but as the day goes one, it looks more and more heavy. I'm scared that this is ruining my skin! I'm going back to my HG Maybelline dream liquid mousse since that one gives perfect coverage, applies beautifully with your fingers and it's cheap! Though it doesn't last as long, I'd rather reapply a beautiful foundation than have a cakey one stay on all day. I gave this 3 lippies though because it didn't break me out, the color was good, it lasted and I'm hoping that it's my application that's the problem and not the foundation itself. If anyone has a really good way of applying this, please please please message me! thank you!

UPDATE: My rating stays at 3 lippies but I've found that this foundation doesn't look as awful as I thought it did. I applied it with a different foundation brush and put tiny bits on and blended super fast. It's so hard to blend and I have to drag at my face (which can't be good for my skin) to get it to blend! I wouldn't say it dries fast though because it's very sticky and tacky, making it impossible to apply concealer to the undereye area without pulling and tugging. Also, even after all that work, the results do not look as nice as SFF. The product is impossible to wash out of the brush since it seems to glue the bristles together even when I'm washing my brushes every day with the harshes soaps I can find, double washing it. The pump is ok, but honestly, I'd rather have the bottle of the SFF just because the pump makes it look ugly. I will definatly not repurchase and I'll go back to SFF.

***UPDATE AGAIN: I've finally tried it with a stippling brush and I simply hate this foundation! It makes me look old and like I caked on foundation no matter how I blend. It sinkes into pores and lines and just makes me look so bad and gives me no coverage! It's so hard to blend, but never dries. I just hate this foundation, and it looks so awful in natural and artificial lighting. I'd never ever repurchase, especially not for almost $40 CAD after taxes.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I am really loving this foundation. SFF has been my favorite for a long time, but my skin is quite oily and by the time I got home from work (6pm) it would be completely gone. This has the same coverage as SFF but I think that the texture is much better on this one because it's not as thick, it blends easier and doesn't feel as heavy. Even with my oily skin, this stays on me ALL day. I've worn it to work, at home, running around town, in the heat, in the cold and I've gotten the same results every time. My color is NW20 and I find it slightly less yellow that the SFF NW20 which actually works better for me because SFF was always a bit too yellow. So far I have no complaints about this foundation and I doubt that I will. This is a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by CSR

I am really liking this foundation. I have tried many long wearing foundations, and few are really long wearing for me. Most last 4 hours at best - EL DW lasted a little longer but was very drying. MAC Pro Longwear, however, is everything it claims. I find it to be very natural looking even in sunlight (EL DW was very heavy in sunlight). It really last all day - I really have to wash at night to get it all off. It is light on the skin, but covers pretty well. So far, it has not dried my face out. At first the SA typed me as NC20, and though okay, was a little too yellow. I exchanged it for NW20 which has the pink undertone that I need. I was afraid it was going to be too dark, but a single layer of the NW20 matches my skin pretty good. I just use the concealer to cover the hyperpigmentation. During the winter I may have to try the NC15 - I have the concealer in this color and it seems to have less yellow than the NC20 did. Either way, I will definately be buying this foundation again.
****EDIT***I still think this is a good foundation for someone who needs light to medium coverage. I have found, however, that I like the concealer a lot better, which is more a like a full coverage foundation. I focus on the sun damage on my skin and smooth it out over the rest of my face. Half a pump is all I need. I will save the foundation for days that I don't need as much coverage. Overall a good buy and would recommend to anybody looking for a light weight medium coverage foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by butterflylcsw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation is surprisingly good, as I haven't really liked MAC foundations til now. It's not the easiest foundation to use, and I've noticed that it doesn't look that great at first...but after it 'sets,' it's great. I use a 190 brush, then I buff on some Mineralized Skin Finish Natural in and woolah! it's beautiful. Stays on all day. Color seems too yellow at first (NC30), but then sets into a perfect shade. ****this does seem to oxidize. For me it oxidizes to the right shade, so keep that in mind as your choosing a shade!

UPDATE: My skin began looking awful, clogged pores, red splotchy areas...I didn't think it was the foundation, but yesterday I used BE instead and my skin immediately began to clear up. Today, it looks almost back to normal. I must be allergic to something in this. I'm very sad, as I really do love this foundation.

Another update: my clogged pores weren't from this foundation. I've tried several others since, and have come back to this one. I also love Lancome Teint Miracle, but it was melting off a little this summer. This foundation really is great. I'm loving it this summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by katy24

This is great if U have normal to dry skin.I have NC25(which has a more yellow undertone than NW).I always use a primer-Studio Secrets through the t-zone,Laura Mercier regular primer for the rest of the face.when this is dry after a few minutes,I use the 130 stippling brush(HG!!) with 2 pumps of foundation.ProLongwear stays fresh -looking until it is removed.Another huge plus is that it has no fragrance like Revlon Colostay.Overall, I really love this one!