Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

on 12/2/2007 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Like it heaps better than the Cetaphil lotion. Absorbs a lot faster and perfect for my sensitive skin

on 11/28/2007 11:34:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I used it on my face, and within a couple of uses it killed the top layer of my skin. It made the dead skin a shade darker and it started to peel. Looked like vertigo!! it was so horrible!! I tried it twice 6 months apart to see if it was just me and same thing happened. I dont have sensitive skin and I have never had a reaction like that with anything else. laaame.

on 11/27/2007 8:52:00 PM

I am just not at all impressed with the few products I have tried in the Cetaphil line at all. I used a small amount, applied all over my face and neck area, blended well (or so I thought) and went on to allow it to "sit/set" and absorb into the skin. I then applied my make up and noticed that I had moisturizer that hadn't absorbed into my skin and neck area and again, I used a very small amount of this product. I also noticed that it's very oily which is not an "attractive" look for anyone. I am definitely not going to purchase this product or any Cetaphil products no matter how many rave reviews I hear or read on the Cetaphil line. Overall rating/grade from personal experience/trial: "F" and I underscore that "F" :(((

on 11/24/2007 1:08:00 AM

I used Cetaphil cream with great success for four years both at night and day under my makeup. Then for some reason, I decided it was time to start using moisturizers that touted anti-aging benefits. I have tried Olay, Ponds, Garnier, Avon, Clinique, and more than that I had been eyeballing even more expensive creams by Philosophy.

The dry skin on my face was getting out of control after moving to a colder climate. With the holidays coming up I thought it was best for me to just get an old favorite rather than waste more money on a gamble of a face cream. After one night of using Cetaphil my skin straightened out, no more dry uncomfortable areas, just smooth soft skin. I will even dare to say I look fresher and younger, it seems to plump out what little lines I do have. Now I know why I was loyal to this stuff for so long!

on 11/17/2007 10:28:00 PM

Thanks to MUA, I've found another great product. I've seen this moisturizer many times at the drugstore, but never thought to use it on my face (since it doesn't specifically say "facial moisturizer"). It leaves my face nice and soft, without a greasy shine. I also use it on my 2 year old daughter. I use the type that comes in a tube...I think it's more sanitary than sticking my fingers in a jar! Also, since it's so inexpensive I don't feel guilty using it all over the rest of my body, too. This isn't a miracle product, just a good, basic moisturizer at a low price.

on 11/17/2007 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am oily sensitive, but now im on actonin which makes my face really dry. I used SK-II advance sign treatment and it made me burnt on cheeks and jaw lines. It became brown and scaly. I used Shiseido many moisturizers and All Day All year, it helped a little but after an hour it became dry again. I tried Cetaphil and my face is very moisted and soft and supple.

I will stop using it when I stop taking actonin and I would become oily again. Cetaphil should be too heavy for my oily face.

This cream caused burning and stinging! I was looking for a thicker face cream for night time and since I LOVE the cleanser, I figured this would be great too. The reviews here sounded good too. The consistency was what I was looking for, but not that reaction! I guess it just depends on the individual, so be careful if you're thinking about trying it.

on 11/11/2007 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

it really is hard to beat cetaphil if you have dry,sensitive skin.Considering the price,it really does work wonders.I find at night I need a bit of a heavier cream(really dry skin) but this is perfect for daytime wear....packaging is of course what you would expect from a cheaper product but it holds up pretty well.
I find it works really well for me,but my bf gave it a few tries and had a really bad breakout so it really depends on the individual I guess.
I tried to cetaphil lotion for a while and find I like using the cream without the matching cleanser a bit better...the cleanser can be drying.
All in all a great,cheap product that goes on smoothly and most importantly leaves your skin hydrated and non-irritated all day.

on 11/8/2007 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have atopy, very sensitive and very dry skin. Therefore, I can't really use any products. After I searched what cream would be good for my skin, I found cetaphil which is dermatologist recommended & very good for sensitive skin. It is very soft and fragrance free. After my skin get flaky and break out, I put the cream and immediately the skin comes back to soft and slky. Also, the price is very affordable with lots of cream. I just love it!

THIS IS THE BEST PRODUCT IN THE WORLD FO RMY OVERLY SENSITIVE, VERY DRY SKIN! I have used this product religiously, especially during the falls and winters for the past few years, and I always come back after I stray to try really expensive, yummy-smelling creams out there. I think I do it for the novelty of new packaging on my dresser, or maybe because I think there just HAS to be something better than ten dollar a jar stuff that's been around since I was a youngster. But, alas, I find myself disappointed (and poor!) time after time as I slather myself in it's fragrance-free goodness. It's especially good for my super-dry, cracked feet. I put it on before bed with a pair of cotton socks, and in the morning it feels like I just got a fresh pedi!

Popular Moisturizers