Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

on 11/8/2007 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have atopy, very sensitive and very dry skin. Therefore, I can't really use any products. After I searched what cream would be good for my skin, I found cetaphil which is dermatologist recommended & very good for sensitive skin. It is very soft and fragrance free. After my skin get flaky and break out, I put the cream and immediately the skin comes back to soft and slky. Also, the price is very affordable with lots of cream. I just love it!

THIS IS THE BEST PRODUCT IN THE WORLD FO RMY OVERLY SENSITIVE, VERY DRY SKIN! I have used this product religiously, especially during the falls and winters for the past few years, and I always come back after I stray to try really expensive, yummy-smelling creams out there. I think I do it for the novelty of new packaging on my dresser, or maybe because I think there just HAS to be something better than ten dollar a jar stuff that's been around since I was a youngster. But, alas, I find myself disappointed (and poor!) time after time as I slather myself in it's fragrance-free goodness. It's especially good for my super-dry, cracked feet. I put it on before bed with a pair of cotton socks, and in the morning it feels like I just got a fresh pedi!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have really dry skin because of accutane, but this stuff works amazingly. Today, I was at school and my face looked like it was falling off, so I just took out my mini version, rubbed it in, and POOF! Amazing. LOVE it.

on 11/5/2007 8:32:00 AM

This product is great! I love it, my skin is so soft . EDIT: Ithink this product broke me out!! is not good for the face but is good for the body

on 10/30/2007 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Having already had a bad experience with the lotion, I didn't think that I would like this but after reading the reviews here at MUA, I just had to try it.

I have been battling with adult acne for more than a year now and this moisturiser has been my saviour over the past few months.
My current routine is as follows:
- wash with only water in the morning (using a face washer to remove dead skin cells) and then use an invisible zinc moisturiser.
- wash with Murad AHA/BHA exfoliating cleanser at night and then apply this moisturiser.
- for breakouts, I apply Lush's Fresh Farmacy as a spot treatment and it works a treat.

I love this cream's rich smooth texture. As many previous reviewers have noted, this moisturiser is rather rich so a little goes a long way.
And for the size in which it does come in and the little amount that you do need to use, I think it's cost effective.

My advice would be to try it out and if it does not work out for you, use it as a foot, hand or body cream. You just can't go wrong!

EDIT: Unfortunately I have found this too greasy in our Australian summer. Might use in winter if skin flakes.

on 10/25/2007 1:10:00 PM

great moisturiser!. it doesn't break me out and moisturizes really well. unless i pile it on like i did once and it gave me a few blemishes. a little goes a long way. broke my little sister out though lol.
not my HG because it doesn't brighten my skin or anything. all it does it moisturise really well.

on 10/24/2007 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

ah. my glorified tub of cetaphil moisturizer cream, how i love thee. i use this in the morning before makeup application and at night after i take off my makeup. creamy, SUPER moisturizing, unscented, dries quickly and leaves my skin bright and glowing. this is perfect as a foundation primer and as a makeup remover...it sells for about $13 which is kind of expensive for a drugstore product, but it's well worth the money. the tub lasts forever, i bought mine in the spring and it's still got 3/4 to go!

on 10/24/2007 3:57:00 AM

This cream just sits on my skin and feels too heavy. I tried it during winter hoping it would get rid of my flakes but it didn't help. I'm afraid it'd make me break out so I don't use it any more.

on 10/14/2007 9:25:00 PM

I am writing my review for the cream in the NEW packaging, which I am sure Cetaphil claims is exactly the same as the cream in the green tube/tub. Alas, it is not. Mainly, the aroma of the new stuff is terrible. It smells like a sour washcloth!!! I never noticed any sort of fragrance with the stuff in the original green packaging. I bought 2 tubes in the new packaging and both have the same rancid odor. I hope it is just a bad lot but I could not stand rubbing that scent in around my nose. Additionally, the new tube of stuff doesn't seem as moisturizing, which would be good for me in the summer... but we are moving into colder weather and I need more moisture. I am using Mustela Stelatopia Cream now instead.
Old ingredients:
Water (Purified), Glyceryl Polyglycerylmethacrylate, Propylene Glycol, Petrolatum, Dicaprylyl Ether, PEG 5 Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Alcohol, Sweet Almond Oil, Acrylates C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Edetate Disodium, Sodium Hydroxide, Lactic Acid
New ingredient listing:
Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymetacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (sweet Almond) Oil, Peg-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate, Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

I apologize for any misspellings, I typed it out myself.

continued >>