April 19, 2014 | 998 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by skim1017

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Despite hearing good things about Clarisonic, I was very skeptical about this product because I didn't think that a skin care brush would make that much of a difference in the way your skin looks. I certainly didn't think that any skin care brush would be worth $150. After using the Mia twice a day for a month, however, I have to say that this is the best skin care purchase I've made in years. Sure, it's pricey, but think of it as an investment. You can use it with any cleanser, and it actually makes ALL of your skin care products work better by helping your cleanser to really clean your pores and prepping your skin for better absorption of serums and moisturizers. If you find that your favorite skin care products stop working for you after a while, this will be a great booster for your existing products. As for the people who are experiencing dryness or breakouts, you might be scrubbing too hard with the brush. Alternatively, you might be using the wrong type of brush for your skin. I have the brush for sensitive skin, and I haven't experienced any problems at all. In addition, it takes time to see a noticeable improvement in your skin. I didn't notice any difference in my skin at first, but after using it consistently for two weeks, I began to see smoother, clearer, and more radiant skin. I'm glad I purchased the Mia and can't imagine going back to manually washing my face now.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by rainstreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about two months now and I haven't seen my skin look this good in a LONG time. When I moved to Boston my t-zone got SUPER dry and no moisturizer, exfoliator, etc could bring it back to normal. I heard good things about this product so I bit the bullet and bought it. In one use I noticed that the dryness was gone! Continued use led to improved texture and tone, lightened blemishes, reduced redness and that glow-y look I've been trying to achieve.

I took off a star for the price (even thought its worth it!) and because for the first few weeks of using this product I did break out a little. Nothing concerning and nothing I've never seen before, it was just annoying. However, since I was also using a new cleanser in combination with the clarisonic I can't place all the blame on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 3:50:00 AM More reviews by cupidger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have never purchase a beauty tool this expensive before but it was totally worth it. After a week of using this, my skin is glowing.I bought mine from Skinstore.com. I got it within 4 days, that is including Sat and Sun.

During the time of the month, i would usually have cystic acne forming on my chin. But Mia stops the acne to forms. I could still feel the acne bumps but within a day or two, it will subside. That actually means less scarring!

Another good thing about Mia is it reduces my pores size slightly, giving it a more refined look. I have oily and sensitive skin (redness on my cheeks) and the sensitive brush is not too harsh for my skin ( note that i use this up to twice daily).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by killahshortiee89

The entire unit is waterproof, easy to use and clean. The charger is magnetic but it does slip off easily. I use this once a day on my face with my neutrogena microclear cleanser. The first time I used it I was impressed to see all the dirt from my face on the brush. The first couple of days I thought my face was getting lighter in complexion, cleaner and the mild acne I had was diminishing. HA! Now my cheeks completely broke out. My acne is much worse than before. I'm still using this product and I sanitize the brush before every use. I'm hoping it will clear up with continued use. I'm giving this 2 more weeks and maybe I too will sell it or give it away. Mixed review altogether about this product. Will update.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by foxysoxy804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am honestly glad this product works for the majority of people, but unfortunately it was a nightmare for me.

-Extremely (!!!) drying to my skin, no matter how gentle I was, even after only one use.
-Actually led to more pimples/did not clear anything.

This product is SO expensive and did not work for me at all, I am extremely disappointed. I would not repurchase this product. I think I'm gonna sell it on Ebay.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by JenSul27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love my facebrush! I broke out a little when I first began using it, but once I found the right combination of cleanser/toner/moisturizer it's awesome! It removes so much more makeup than I was taking off my face before and leaves my skin nice and soft. The charge lasts quite a while and its small enough to come along on weekend trips. Plus, it makes washing my face a little more fun and consistent since it is timed. Definitely recommend this to anyone who will listen!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by kimmysoprano

I purchased this product after my sister raved about it. I was anxious about shelling out the money but now am so glad I did! My skin has never looked or felt better. Would recommend to anyone and would definitely buy again!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by diorcheriex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Disappointed. I was soooo excited when I received this as a gift, thinking that I'd get great skin by the time school started. NO. My skin is red, raw, and stings like no other. The places where its not look good, but where it is is totally painful. I've been using it for over a week. If I see better results, I'll update.

UPDATE: I stopped using this for 2 days so that the red, roughness will go away, then started again. My skin did end up soft and my pores seemed tighter, therefore I am going to step up the rating.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2010 4:59:00 AM More reviews by jmshimi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Updated 10/18/10:
I had such a glowing review for this product only a few months ago. Unfortunately it's really not what it's cracked up to be from my personal ongoing experience w/the Mia, sigh:( I'm actually really bummed. I don't know what happened but for the past couple of months I started developing even MORE bumps and acne! Yes, this update is a bit past due.

I even went from using it twice a day to once. Then went down to every other day. Then now down to 2 times a week. I've been using very little pressure on my face and my brush head is a sensitive one. Yes my skin does look a tad radiant; but what good is that when you're covered w/acne. Like some of the other reviews I've read, others w/ sensitive skin seem to have the same reaction I'm having. Time to lay this brush to rest for good cuz it's only aggravating my adult acne even more so.

Original review 07/17/10:
Been on the fence for quite some time about shelling out the dough; but am I glad I finally caved in! My skin has been breaking out for the past year; I've started experiencing major hormonal breakouts esp in the chin area and I have tried everything: facials, peels, prescribed topicals, various acne txs, aloe leaf. I even tried the Pretika (which is the dup version of the Clarisonic). The Pretika made my skin even worse, I had more bumps and breakouts. So push finally came to shove and I decided to give the Mia a try. I have super sensitive acne prone skin. The Mia has done wonders to drastically improve the condition of my skin! This goes to show that for me anyway the Pretika is not of the same caliber as a Clarisonic! My skin is smoother, post acne fading, hyperpigmentation fading, no new breakouts! I have been using the Mia for 2 weeks now 2x a day. I am amazed at the quick turnover in my skin's condition.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

I have been using this for almost a month, so I now feel able to comment. This product is awesome! My pores look smaller and my skin is plumper. I have some old acne scars and even they are starting to look better. My skin is so much happier and so am I! I started using it every other day as I do have sensitive skin. I had some very small break outs at first, but they were in areas that were looking kind of dry and clogged. After a week I increased use to every day and now use twice. I use it on my decollete as well as it is my most sun damaged area. My skin looks SO much better! I continued using all my regular products and I feel like my routine really works like it is supposed to. My make up glides on more easily and looks fresher. I would recommend this to anyone. It is worth the price!