October 24, 2014 | 1915 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 6:37:00 PM More reviews by needtoread

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've had the Mia for 4 months now. I've never had any problems with my skin, but I'm a big believer in taking meticulous care of one's skin. I had been using Kirkland facial wipes to clean my face and I didn't expect to be able to remove any additional makeup. I was surprised that the Mia removed a little more makeup after using the wipes. So I still use the facial wipes and finish up with the Mia (and a mild cleanser that I purchased at Whole Foods). I had waited to write my review because I wasn't sure that the Mia was making a difference. However, I do think there's a subtle improvement in my skin. I had noticed on both sides of my face (on my cheeks - sort of near the ears) that the pores had become much more noticeable. No amount of washing or glycolic acid seemed to make a difference. Now after using the Mia for a few months, the pores are much less visible - I think the cleaning from the Mia is deeper and more thorough.
So, I would recommend this as an addition to one's cleaning routine. It's not absolutely essential, but I like it and am glad that I purchased it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 5:35:00 AM More reviews by nortybunny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using my mia for about 10 days now. It did break me out for the first few days. I was pretty worried and a bit scared but now my skin is liking it. It has made my skin clearer and smoother.

I still have blackheads on my nose but it's a lot less than before. I only use it once every evening. I tried to use it twice daily but it was a bit much for my sensitive skin. I am touching my face now. lol It feels very soft. :)

I will update again in a month or so. :)

5 Oct 2010: the weather is changing right now. I can't use it every night because it makes my cheeks feel very tight. I think I am going to use it 2 times a week or maybe once a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by kcarro

I purchased the Mia back in March, and overall I have seen an improvement in my skin (less breakouts, blackheads are easier to remove, skin is slightly brighter.) It really does take off makeup and remove impurities better than any product I have found. I have sensitive skin that unfortunately gets the occasional cyst, so I didn't use the cleansers that came with the Mia. I use another cleanser that I know works for my skin. I do love the way it lathers up! It is expensive, but if you have sensitive skin, I think that it is worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by meghantherookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love my Clarisonic. I have the pink one.
I just trust that my skin is being cleansed really, really well and I love having that peace of mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by kdscott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this tool! I'm very conservative with my beauty spending, and won't buy anything without doing substantial research. After hearing all the hype about the Clarisonic and reading reviews here, I decided to splurge. My combination skin had been looking lackluster, dry, yet breaking out. Upon reading the reviews, I decided to get the MIA because it was cheaper than the original, and I don't have overly sensitive skin. The one speed works fine for me. I've been using the MIA for 4 weeks, and my skin has never looked better. I use it once daily with Philosophy's Purity Made Simple. Even after one use, my skin was smoother, softer, and more polished than it's ever been. While my pores are the same size, they do appear more refined after using the Clarisonic, similar to what happens after a good facial. Overall, my skin appears to be smoother and more even toned. My occasional break outs have also lessened. While some people do experience purging, I didn't. I've had friends ask what I've done because the difference is that astounding. I don't say this lightly--the Clarisonic is definitely worth the money! Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 9:50:00 AM More reviews by definesinister

Yes, there is a hefty price tag on this. But overall, I found out that my pores have gotten tighter! It does what it promises on pore tightening... but seeing that I still have to do some facial treatments for cystic acne and blackheads underneath the skin on my jawline... this little machine will help in keeping most of your moderately severe acne in check. I've only used it for about a month and I love the results, I never thought ever that I could ever get my pores tighter. Worst is my pores on my cheeks and nose. But I would say that 50% of the pores in those areas look more 'refined'. I actually started out using this at night, then after two weeks I started using it day and night. I would strongly suggest to use a PH-Balanced cleanser... like Kiehls Ultra Facial Cleanser. Just so you dont strip all moisture from your skin. I use pretty aggressive acne treatments, but my face doesnt feel as dry if I were to use an acne facial cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by ambra26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was a bit nervous before purchasing this product. Aside from the outrageous price tag, I wondered if it would be too much for my delicate skin. It wasn't. I use it once a day, sometimes skipping a day. It leaves my skin feeling completely smooth and clean. My husband also noticed an improvement, without knowing what I was doing differently in my routine.
Of course, I think it is too expensive, but with the improvements I have seen, I don't regret buying it. The only thing I would enjoy would be some sort of holder/base. I know the full-sized Clarisonic has a base, but I wouldn't want anything larger than this. I'm just never really sure where to place this. I already mistakenly put it on the rack in my shower, which left a few small rust marks I cannot remove.
Overall, I would recommend this to just about anybody.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by av315

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using the Mia for 3 days and saw a difference right away! I have sensitive combination/oily skin. I noticed a smoothness, even texture and radiance after my first use. Now, 3 days later I am still seeing even more improvement. My skin tone is more even and the minor redness around my nose has gone down. I did not purge although blackheads seem more willing to come out now (like the Clarisonic wiggles them loose...disgusting). I think this is from the vibration or the ultrasonic effect as I have never gotten this effect from any other product or tool.

I am using the regular brush although I might switch to the softer one since I have pretty sensitive skin but the regular one didn't bother me at all. I used the cleanser that came with it but just use it as a travel cleanser now because of its size. I use Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel and when I used toner afterward the cotton ball came off completely clean so I switched to just spraying some rosewater instead of continuing with anything harsher since my face is cleaner than ever after using the Mia.

I definitely prefer the smaller one since you can throw it in your gym or overnight bag or in your purse.

UPDATE: It's been 1 month since I started using the Mia and it has done wonders for my skin. My skin is brighter, more even-toned and has less bumps and breakouts (I only had two bumps on my chin around that time of the month when my skin usually stages a mutiny anyway). Although it isn't advertised as having an exfoliating effect, every time I use it, the surface of my skin feels entirely smooth. I didn't even know I had uneven skin until a sales clerk mentioned that exfoliating (something I never did) would make my foundation look better. Now my makeup looks flawless and my nightly moisturizer gets absorbed much more easily. I noticed the difference but it wasn't until my mother's best friend said "What have done with your skin?! It just glows! Do people comment that your skin looks a lot better than other girls your age?" I thought to myself, "well no, but it's only been a month!" If you can afford it or find a great deal on it, I highly recommend it.

UPDATE: Only complaint: the battery life and charging time. I still wouldn't want the regular Clarisonic because of the extra weight and because it beeps every 20 seconds. Nonetheless, I feel like most people use it for more than 2 minutes total a day and at that rate it needs to be charged more often than every 2 weeks and it takes FOREVER for this thing to be charged. I leave it overnight and it still isn't totally charged sometimes which I find totally annoying for a product that you are supposed to use in the morning and in the evening. If they would fix the battery life and the charging time the Mia would be pretty much perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 3:39:00 AM More reviews by dramsicle

I bought it due to all the positive comments all over the net, well mostly positive.. I was a bit hesitant, since it costs $165 bucks?! I got mine from Sephora, and I used it immediately after I bought it. My skin felt super soft after the first use, I was really amazed because of how soft it felt. I have never felt this type of softness on my face for the longest time. I think it does help fade acne scars, but I am unsure. This will be like my 4th to 5th day using it, so I will probably update after a month. I haven't broken out like crazy or what not ever since, but yes.. it's costly. I think it's a better option as compared to the original, since it's smaller and does the same job cleaning out pores; however, there is only ONE speed option and battery life is 10 minutes less than the original. The charger is also different, but I think it's worth it and a better option for someone who is considering it. I mean you could always return it, if it doesn't work for you. It is worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by santokie77

Not only would I buy this product again but I DID!!

I've always had acne issues, did 2 rounds of Accutane in my early 20's ( I am now in my early 30's). My skin is acting up and I can't get in to see my dermatologist until Nov!! I purchased this after my best friend urged me to (she also has the same issues as I do).

Within the first week I fell in love!!!!! Blackheads are brought to the surface and is easier to pop and my skin is just smooth and my make up looks so much better!

Within 2 weeks of my initial purchase I had to go on vacation to Korea and i took this with me and ended up losing it, of course I was devastated as I love this product. Within my return, I promptly repurchased this and am still loving it!