October 31, 2014 | 834 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2010 4:26:00 PM More reviews by xmifaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this every morning with my cream cleanser for 2 weeks now. There seems to be less blackheads on my nose but I have not really noticed any other differences to the condition of my skin. I still have visible pores on my cheeks and redness so I avoid going over the red areas of my cheeks or it irritates. I find my face to be feeling quite dry afterwards but that's just my skin reacting to the unusually long and cold winter where I am living, usually my skin is normal/dry but last few months my skin has been extra extra dry and flaky so I have been using new products to sort out my skin problems. The Mia comes with the sensitive brush head and I just ordered the replacement delicate brush head so hopefully that will suit my skin better and I will update my review when I have used the delicate brush head for a few weeks. At the moment I would not yet recommend my friends to purchase this product but I will keep using for a few more months and see how it goes! I choose to believe in the many positive MUA reviews so hopefully my skin will improve with sonic cleansing. The machine is best described as a giant electric toothbrush for the face...many expensive electric toothbrushes are also sonic powered =)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Pitbullheart71

Okay, I will admit it first..I am 39. I have taken pretty good care of my skin since my 20's, but I had noticed that I was duller, with fine lines creeping in, the odd pimple here and there..after some research, I purchased the Mia. Not cheap, by any means, but if I am spending 90 bucks a month on Lancome skincare, this was a bargain, right?
All that considered, YES.
I have had teriffic results in a month. I had initial purging, but overall, my skin is brighter, more even-toned, and it's like a facial massage every night. My serums and creams soak in much better, and I have noticed not only an increase in luminosity, but my fine lines have softened. My hubs has even said he wants to try it, and that's pretty big, LOL. I agree with other reviewers- on young skin, maybe not as dramatic. On 35 or older, with the beginnings of wrinkles or sun damage- definitely worth a try!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 8:59:00 AM More reviews by MakeupArtistMiriam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received my Clarisonic Mia about 3 weeks ago and I LOVE it!

I can already see the difference in my skin. My complexion looks clearer, and there are no more dry patches, so it is much easier to get a smooth makeup application. It looks balanced and healthy, and I haven't had any breakouts lately!

I also love the Gentle Hydro Cleanser that was included - it cleans my oily/combination skin with NO harsh detergents, leaving it feeling clean but not stripped dry, as many skin cleansers designed for my complexion type often do!

The sonic vibrations of the brush head feel soothing, and I love that the bristles come in different strengths for different skin types. I am using the Sensitive brush head, with the Gentle Hydro Cleanser.

I highly recommend the Clarisonic Mia!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 6:37:00 PM More reviews by needtoread

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've had the Mia for 4 months now. I've never had any problems with my skin, but I'm a big believer in taking meticulous care of one's skin. I had been using Kirkland facial wipes to clean my face and I didn't expect to be able to remove any additional makeup. I was surprised that the Mia removed a little more makeup after using the wipes. So I still use the facial wipes and finish up with the Mia (and a mild cleanser that I purchased at Whole Foods). I had waited to write my review because I wasn't sure that the Mia was making a difference. However, I do think there's a subtle improvement in my skin. I had noticed on both sides of my face (on my cheeks - sort of near the ears) that the pores had become much more noticeable. No amount of washing or glycolic acid seemed to make a difference. Now after using the Mia for a few months, the pores are much less visible - I think the cleaning from the Mia is deeper and more thorough.
So, I would recommend this as an addition to one's cleaning routine. It's not absolutely essential, but I like it and am glad that I purchased it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 5:35:00 AM More reviews by nortybunny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using my mia for about 10 days now. It did break me out for the first few days. I was pretty worried and a bit scared but now my skin is liking it. It has made my skin clearer and smoother.

I still have blackheads on my nose but it's a lot less than before. I only use it once every evening. I tried to use it twice daily but it was a bit much for my sensitive skin. I am touching my face now. lol It feels very soft. :)

I will update again in a month or so. :)

5 Oct 2010: the weather is changing right now. I can't use it every night because it makes my cheeks feel very tight. I think I am going to use it 2 times a week or maybe once a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by kcarro

I purchased the Mia back in March, and overall I have seen an improvement in my skin (less breakouts, blackheads are easier to remove, skin is slightly brighter.) It really does take off makeup and remove impurities better than any product I have found. I have sensitive skin that unfortunately gets the occasional cyst, so I didn't use the cleansers that came with the Mia. I use another cleanser that I know works for my skin. I do love the way it lathers up! It is expensive, but if you have sensitive skin, I think that it is worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by meghantherookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love my Clarisonic. I have the pink one.
I just trust that my skin is being cleansed really, really well and I love having that peace of mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by kdscott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this tool! I'm very conservative with my beauty spending, and won't buy anything without doing substantial research. After hearing all the hype about the Clarisonic and reading reviews here, I decided to splurge. My combination skin had been looking lackluster, dry, yet breaking out. Upon reading the reviews, I decided to get the MIA because it was cheaper than the original, and I don't have overly sensitive skin. The one speed works fine for me. I've been using the MIA for 4 weeks, and my skin has never looked better. I use it once daily with Philosophy's Purity Made Simple. Even after one use, my skin was smoother, softer, and more polished than it's ever been. While my pores are the same size, they do appear more refined after using the Clarisonic, similar to what happens after a good facial. Overall, my skin appears to be smoother and more even toned. My occasional break outs have also lessened. While some people do experience purging, I didn't. I've had friends ask what I've done because the difference is that astounding. I don't say this lightly--the Clarisonic is definitely worth the money! Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 9:50:00 AM More reviews by definesinister

Yes, there is a hefty price tag on this. But overall, I found out that my pores have gotten tighter! It does what it promises on pore tightening... but seeing that I still have to do some facial treatments for cystic acne and blackheads underneath the skin on my jawline... this little machine will help in keeping most of your moderately severe acne in check. I've only used it for about a month and I love the results, I never thought ever that I could ever get my pores tighter. Worst is my pores on my cheeks and nose. But I would say that 50% of the pores in those areas look more 'refined'. I actually started out using this at night, then after two weeks I started using it day and night. I would strongly suggest to use a PH-Balanced cleanser... like Kiehls Ultra Facial Cleanser. Just so you dont strip all moisture from your skin. I use pretty aggressive acne treatments, but my face doesnt feel as dry if I were to use an acne facial cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by ambra26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was a bit nervous before purchasing this product. Aside from the outrageous price tag, I wondered if it would be too much for my delicate skin. It wasn't. I use it once a day, sometimes skipping a day. It leaves my skin feeling completely smooth and clean. My husband also noticed an improvement, without knowing what I was doing differently in my routine.
Of course, I think it is too expensive, but with the improvements I have seen, I don't regret buying it. The only thing I would enjoy would be some sort of holder/base. I know the full-sized Clarisonic has a base, but I wouldn't want anything larger than this. I'm just never really sure where to place this. I already mistakenly put it on the rack in my shower, which left a few small rust marks I cannot remove.
Overall, I would recommend this to just about anybody.