September 3, 2014 | 1320 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2004 6:28:00 PM More reviews by MFAligo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THose with sensitive skin...STAY away from this product. I started getting cystic acne on my usually normal skin after using MAC foundation so I ran out to the store to buy a good acne wash to return my skin back to normal. My skin is extremely sensitive and I thought I've always trusted Neutrogena to be safe. This time my skin ended up dry, flaky, and rashy on all areas of my face EXCEPT the areas where my acne flared up. SO then I had dry, bumpy, red patches of skin and I've never had dry skin. I wish I had checked the reviews of this product before I used it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2004 10:52:00 PM More reviews by mspeel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cleanser really isn't a bad one...It's just the smell I could not stand anymore. I used it for approx. six months and never had any bad reactions to it. Which surprises me with all that has been said about it here, because I do have very sensitive combination skin. Also acne prone. Overall It cleans well and is a bit drying but if your skin is oily to begin with isn't that a good thing? I switched to Biore's version also with My prefered BHA (Salicylic Acid) it was even more drying and it too smelled pretty bad. So still looking for my HG cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2004 12:58:00 AM More reviews by tshinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this product back in 1995 and the memories of it have scarred me for life. I only used it for three days or so and it made my face into a dry, blistered, painful mess. My acne got worse and I was sore and red for about two weeks. After the redness and pain subsided from using this horror of a product, my skin was flaky and dry and breaking out with huge cystic ance all over my chin. Never, ever again. As a word of advice for those considering using this product, I say stay away. Run if you have to!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2004 12:41:00 AM More reviews by ashsmash

This stuff is terrible. It made my skin break out quite a bit. It also made my skin so dry I looked like a reptile. I would stay away from this one. Also smells terrible, and stings like crazy if you get it withing 10 km of your eyes. I wouldn't even suggest trying this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2004 8:36:00 PM More reviews by loving_life

this is the worst face wash I have ever used. It dried out my sensitive skin. Even washing my hands with it is not worth it! It did nothing for my breakout except make it flaky/dry/irritated! DON'T BUY THIS!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2004 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Short_and_sweet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

SHORT-LIVED GOOD RESULTS, FOLLOWED BY DRYNESS.

BAD.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2004 6:02:00 PM More reviews by chobit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i didn't like this cleanser at all!! first of all, it's too drying! secondly, it did nothing to help improve the breakouts!!! i would rather use a regular cleanser than this~~ the smell is nasty too.. ughh!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2004 2:19:00 PM More reviews by katlynel

I guess I am in the minority, but I have no complaints about this as a daily cleanser (though I got a store brand knockoff, so maybe it's better than the Neutrogena version?). It seems to clean without worsening my acne, though I wouldn't say it necessarily improves it either. I don't find it drying, or irritating to my mild rosacea. I don't love it, don't hate it. It cleans well and seems a bit drying -- I use it in the shower, and to remove my makeup at the end of the day. I do wish it didn't bear such an unfortunate resemblance to antibacterial hand soap, as it smells and looks just like it (and my boyfriend keeps getting mixed up and washing his hands with it!).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2004 12:33:00 PM More reviews by wingedtwilight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the face wash my derm recommended I use in the morning. Neutrogena in the morning, Cetaphil at night. I know a lot of people hate it, but I love this face wash. I used to use the Beyond Belief foam wash you could buy at Sally's but it just ran out so quickly. This product has more lasting power, and I can buy it in double packs for ten dollars. It did dry me out just a tad at first, but when combined with the gentle Cetaphil and Retin-A at night, it got rid of my baby acne for good. Now I have smooth, clear skin. My T-zone is very oily, and this really helps me get that deep-down clean feeling.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2004 5:12:00 PM More reviews by kytten

I used it for a whole month and boy I broke out like 5 pimples aday!! I do NOT Recommend this.