Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

2.8

Active: Salicylic Acid (2%), Other: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance 07/2013

on 2/21/2005 9:48:00 PM

made me break out so badly in high school. I think it lead to a series of horrible skin reactions like flaky skin, more pimples, ughh...so nasty.

on 2/19/2005 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to like this product so bad. However, I should have known better, since the overall rating is pretty bad. This product did not dry out my oily skin, but it did make me breakout like never before. I would not recommend this product, it made my face worse.

on 1/24/2005 6:39:00 AM

Do not recommend this for people who do not have at least moderate acne. It made me break out really badly and I suspect it was due to the harshness of the product. A bit disappointing after reading some reviews on it but oh well, my own fault for buying it!

on 1/22/2005 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

YUCK, dried me out even when I am having an oily day. Didn't clear up breakouts, irritating. For that matter, there hasn't been a single neutrogena item I've ever liked! So just assume yuck all down the list - I've tried a lot of them.

on 1/15/2005 1:18:00 PM

This stuff is what the dermatologist reccomended, however, I didn't really care for it. It smells kindof gross and I really don't think it 'does' anything for the skin.. I used it long enough to give it a chance to work , but it didn't. I wouldn't waste my time. THe only thing good was the pump applicator. Very easy to use!

on 1/13/2005 8:59:00 AM

I know alot of people don't like Neutrogena cleansers in general but this is my HG cleanser. I have had adult acne for years. A dermatologist I saw many years ago recommended Neutrogena cleansers. I have tried many other cleansers over the years because I get tired of using the same thing all the time but I learned the hard way to stick with this cleanser. It clears up my face quickly from the other cleansers I try that don't keep my acne at bay, and it keeps my skin beautiful, clear, and smooth when I use it regularly. It doesn't dry out my maturing skin either. The only drawback is the ugly packaging. Orange liquid cleanser in a clear bottle. Yuck. I'm a sucker for a pretty package which is why I'm tempted to try new things but the effectiveness of this cleanser makes the packaging easier to ignore. This is one product I am not going to try switching anymore.

on 1/12/2005 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great cleanser for my combination skin in the summer months. It's very foamy and does a great job of clearing the excess oil off my skin. It's too drying for winter use though. A little goes a long way. A bottle lasts me 2 summers.

on 12/30/2004 12:04:00 PM

I had an awful experience with this product. It smells awful and left my skin SO dry. It's really harsh, and overpriced. I would not recomend this product!

on 12/19/2004 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have never dared try Neutrogena cleanser before, fearing it would be too harsh. The products I was using weren't working though, so I decided to give it a try one day because everyone I know who uses Neutrogena has perfect, flawless skin. I am very pleased with it so far. Even though my skin usually reacts badly to these things I haven't had any irritations. I use it with the Skin Clearing moisturiser.

on 12/18/2004 6:19:00 AM

Overall I had a pretty neutral experience with this product. I used it this summer after moving to the beach where the humidity is fierce. It removed my makeup well. My face was a tad tight after washing but would be back to normal in about 15 minutes, which really suprised me after reading about some horror stories. I have sensitive combo skin that is on the oilier side in summer and drier side in winter. It didn't seem to improve my skin at all though. I would purchase again for humid sumer days if I can't find anything better before next summer.