Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

2.8

Active: Salicylic Acid (2%), Other: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance 07/2013

on 1/13/2005 8:59:00 AM

I know alot of people don't like Neutrogena cleansers in general but this is my HG cleanser. I have had adult acne for years. A dermatologist I saw many years ago recommended Neutrogena cleansers. I have tried many other cleansers over the years because I get tired of using the same thing all the time but I learned the hard way to stick with this cleanser. It clears up my face quickly from the other cleansers I try that don't keep my acne at bay, and it keeps my skin beautiful, clear, and smooth when I use it regularly. It doesn't dry out my maturing skin either. The only drawback is the ugly packaging. Orange liquid cleanser in a clear bottle. Yuck. I'm a sucker for a pretty package which is why I'm tempted to try new things but the effectiveness of this cleanser makes the packaging easier to ignore. This is one product I am not going to try switching anymore.

on 1/12/2005 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great cleanser for my combination skin in the summer months. It's very foamy and does a great job of clearing the excess oil off my skin. It's too drying for winter use though. A little goes a long way. A bottle lasts me 2 summers.

on 12/30/2004 12:04:00 PM

I had an awful experience with this product. It smells awful and left my skin SO dry. It's really harsh, and overpriced. I would not recomend this product!

on 12/19/2004 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have never dared try Neutrogena cleanser before, fearing it would be too harsh. The products I was using weren't working though, so I decided to give it a try one day because everyone I know who uses Neutrogena has perfect, flawless skin. I am very pleased with it so far. Even though my skin usually reacts badly to these things I haven't had any irritations. I use it with the Skin Clearing moisturiser.

on 12/18/2004 6:19:00 AM

Overall I had a pretty neutral experience with this product. I used it this summer after moving to the beach where the humidity is fierce. It removed my makeup well. My face was a tad tight after washing but would be back to normal in about 15 minutes, which really suprised me after reading about some horror stories. I have sensitive combo skin that is on the oilier side in summer and drier side in winter. It didn't seem to improve my skin at all though. I would purchase again for humid sumer days if I can't find anything better before next summer.

on 12/8/2004 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this for over 5 yrs on and off (been switching around other brands as well). While it didnt really stop my pimple problem completely, i dont think it has actually cause me breakout so far. It actually worked for a bit, but result doesnt last long. Usually if I stopped use this for a long time and come back again.. then I would see clear result right away. But if I keep using this for months, then I really dont see much different other than new pimples pop up once a while. I usually use 1 plump only when washing face, but the newest bottle that I got seems like doesnt "make" too much bubbles on my face at all, so I need to plump like 2 to 3 times till I think it is actually enough. But something I do noticed is this cleaner doesnt really clean much actually. I have tried to use it to remove makeup, though it didnt work. Now after I put it on my face, messaging around to make more bubble, I then would add scrub on my face as well to work both together at the same time and then raise my face with warm water. I found this actually work a bit better on my skin. But anyway, I'm gonna switch to another brand again after I'm done with this tube :D

on 12/7/2004 8:53:00 PM

This was a horrible product. I believe it made me break out even more, and it definitely dried my skin out terribly. Will definitely not repurchase.

I tried this product about 2 years ago, when I was quite clueless about skincare. This stuff dries your skin out like MAD, and it makes your face so dry it itches and feels like its going to crack! Not a good cleanser!

on 11/6/2004 7:35:00 PM

This facewash is one of only two products I use to keep my face looking great. I have slightly oily skin, and I don't ever break out anymore. My skin's tone looks fantastic. I wash my face once a day and that's it!

Fantastic, I dont have many pimples anymore! Will buy again.
Been completlement on my clear skin because of this