April 16, 2014 | 2159 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2004 3:33:00 AM More reviews by LittleNesha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used to use this in mid-high school, and it dried out my skin HORRIBLY. I thought acne products were supposed to make your skin flaky & make zits turn into hard scabs though, so I continued to use it. I also continued to break out. My best friend also used this, and before she started using it she had flawless skin. Now she has zits. I am convinced that this product is just Dial liquid soap in a different bottle. Totally wrong for acne-prone skin. If you have zits you need to kill the bacteria, not dissolve all oil & parch your skin like a dry lake bed.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2004 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Stewie_5

I always heard that this was the best and it was always recommended in magazines but it did nothing for me. It didn't help with breakouts at all and kind of irritated my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2004 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Mayfaire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wouldn't even give this one lippie. It was the worst facial product of any kind I've ever used. It is extremely drying and 2 days after I tried it I broke out like I never have before. Little red zits all over my face that took over a month to heal. I even had to call in sick to work it was so bad. DO NOT BUY OR USE THIS STUFF--EVER!!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2004 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Sarita360

This does absolutely nothing to clear up my acne. Feels like my skin is not clean but at the same time it's too drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2004 3:57:00 PM More reviews by katherine11289

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like Neutrogena Oil-Free Cleanser. I tend to have oily skin and this eliminates the oil fantastically. Although others may say that the cleanser is drying, try using only in the morning or only in the night. I use mine only in the morning and wash my face with another cleanser at night, thus my skin doesn't become dry.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2004 10:18:00 PM More reviews by smellslikeleaves

Pretty useless. I have combo acne-prone skin and tried this product; it didn't help clear up my breakouts, and it dried out my skin terribly. Avoid like the plague!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2004 10:04:00 PM More reviews by lushfan89

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this once at my friends house. It didn't absorb oil, but other than that it was average and inoffensive. It was fairly gentle. Probably anyone could use it without any sort of allergic reaction.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2003 2:47:00 PM More reviews by cirque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Neutrogena really hypes this up, but I found it harsh and irritating. Cleansers are supposed to be gentle, but get off the grime.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2003 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Hedd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combo/oily/sensitive skin-this product was too drying. Made me break out bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2003 8:50:00 PM More reviews by SensitiveFace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Works well, but very drying. Wondering if they couldn't have had it work AND not be so drying.