Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

2.8

Active: Salicylic Acid (2%), Other: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance 07/2013

This made my pimples worse and dried out and irritated my skin. Definitely would not recommend.

I really love this product for removing all of my makeup at the end of the day and helping to reduce blemishes. I only use this wash once a day, at night, because as others have mentioned it can be a bit overdrying. I usually use Cetaphil face wash to cleanse in the mornings and after workouts, but the Oil-Free Acne wash is a must at night before bed! Some have complained that the wash broke them out when they first started using it, which could be the effects of the salicylic acid in the wash bringing all the gunk to the surface. Anyone trying a certain product to get rid of/prevent acne should at least give your skin about four to six weeks to see if it will help. Any less time, you won't be able to judge well because you haven't given the product sufficient time to show results.UPDATE: After using this for a few more months, it became quite obvious this stuff was possibly doing more harm than good. I've since switched to Purpose gel cleanser, which is very mild and doesn't irritate. Even if you have acne-prone skin, you shouldn't use harsh skin cleansers.

I really like this product....I have combination skin and yes, it did make my skin dry the first couple of weeks that I used it, but it tells you right on the label that it WILL dry your skin out...it has kept my face very clean and clear! I still do get pimples from time to time, but not as much as before i used this wash. and when i DO get a pimple, using this face wash clears it away FASTER! I use it once a day when i shower....

I love this cleanser. At 37 years old, I still get a breakout here and there, and this cleanser clears away any blemishes I might get within a few days. Smells great, too.

I have combo skin and this is too drying for me. It didn't help at all, it just made my skin worse.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

It was way too drying, if i run out of my regular cleanser and i have to use this, i cringe at having to use this cause i have it around. its extremely drying to my skin. However, it does get your skin feeling clean, gets make up off and it didnt break me out more so if you have oily skin this will probably work well for you :)

Love this stuff! It does exaclty what I want. It gets makeup off, cleans, and makes me feel refreshed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use this a couple of times a week in place of a scrub because my skin is sensitive to anything abbrasive. Makes me smooth and clear.

I have been using this for about 10 years. I have never found it to be too drying. However, I always follow with a moisturizer so that could be why. I like the pump bottle, the price is good, and it works. I sometimes switch to another product if I see something new, but I always end up going back to this, it clears my skin like nothing else. However, do not get this in your eyes, searing, burning pain!!!

I actually don't use this as a face wash, but to wash another area before and after I get a brazilian wax. This was a tip from my esthetician and it really helps me to not get ingrowns. Love it!