Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

2.8

Active: Salicylic Acid (2%), Other: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance 07/2013

on 3/7/2005 11:02:00 PM

even though there are a lot of bad reviews of this product, i have combo skin and i don't find this too drying as long as i use a moisturizer. Before i would use neutrogena's oil free moisture for combo skin. after awhile my skin started to break out and i never knew why. this was how my skin was for about 3 to 4 years!! and i always thought it was this darn cleanser!! but i learned it was from the moisture..anyway sorry babbling..but this removes my makeup at the end of the day and seems to soften my skin. gets off all the oil and residue, however can be a bit drying thats why i good moisturizer is needed..not a light moisturizer or heavy one..but one that is just right.

on 3/4/2005 9:05:00 AM

Hmmm. A lot of people don't like this product, mainly because they say that it is drying. However, I have super oily skin and I use this 1x per day at night before I go to bed and I have had nothing but good results. I NEED some drying out. The key? This product is for you if you have OILY OILY skin and if you don't over do it on the washing.

on 2/24/2005 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

DO NOT BUY THIS. If you don't have acne, this will dry you out, it's not for you. If you have acne, this will make you have more acne, it's not for you. Who is this for?

on 2/21/2005 9:48:00 PM

made me break out so badly in high school. I think it lead to a series of horrible skin reactions like flaky skin, more pimples, ughh...so nasty.

on 2/19/2005 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to like this product so bad. However, I should have known better, since the overall rating is pretty bad. This product did not dry out my oily skin, but it did make me breakout like never before. I would not recommend this product, it made my face worse.

on 1/24/2005 6:39:00 AM

Do not recommend this for people who do not have at least moderate acne. It made me break out really badly and I suspect it was due to the harshness of the product. A bit disappointing after reading some reviews on it but oh well, my own fault for buying it!

on 1/22/2005 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

YUCK, dried me out even when I am having an oily day. Didn't clear up breakouts, irritating. For that matter, there hasn't been a single neutrogena item I've ever liked! So just assume yuck all down the list - I've tried a lot of them.

on 1/15/2005 1:18:00 PM

This stuff is what the dermatologist reccomended, however, I didn't really care for it. It smells kindof gross and I really don't think it 'does' anything for the skin.. I used it long enough to give it a chance to work , but it didn't. I wouldn't waste my time. THe only thing good was the pump applicator. Very easy to use!

on 1/13/2005 8:59:00 AM

I know alot of people don't like Neutrogena cleansers in general but this is my HG cleanser. I have had adult acne for years. A dermatologist I saw many years ago recommended Neutrogena cleansers. I have tried many other cleansers over the years because I get tired of using the same thing all the time but I learned the hard way to stick with this cleanser. It clears up my face quickly from the other cleansers I try that don't keep my acne at bay, and it keeps my skin beautiful, clear, and smooth when I use it regularly. It doesn't dry out my maturing skin either. The only drawback is the ugly packaging. Orange liquid cleanser in a clear bottle. Yuck. I'm a sucker for a pretty package which is why I'm tempted to try new things but the effectiveness of this cleanser makes the packaging easier to ignore. This is one product I am not going to try switching anymore.

on 1/12/2005 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great cleanser for my combination skin in the summer months. It's very foamy and does a great job of clearing the excess oil off my skin. It's too drying for winter use though. A little goes a long way. A bottle lasts me 2 summers.