Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

2.8

Active: Salicylic Acid (2%), Other: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance 07/2013

on 12/8/2004 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this for over 5 yrs on and off (been switching around other brands as well). While it didnt really stop my pimple problem completely, i dont think it has actually cause me breakout so far. It actually worked for a bit, but result doesnt last long. Usually if I stopped use this for a long time and come back again.. then I would see clear result right away. But if I keep using this for months, then I really dont see much different other than new pimples pop up once a while. I usually use 1 plump only when washing face, but the newest bottle that I got seems like doesnt "make" too much bubbles on my face at all, so I need to plump like 2 to 3 times till I think it is actually enough. But something I do noticed is this cleaner doesnt really clean much actually. I have tried to use it to remove makeup, though it didnt work. Now after I put it on my face, messaging around to make more bubble, I then would add scrub on my face as well to work both together at the same time and then raise my face with warm water. I found this actually work a bit better on my skin. But anyway, I'm gonna switch to another brand again after I'm done with this tube :D

on 12/7/2004 8:53:00 PM

This was a horrible product. I believe it made me break out even more, and it definitely dried my skin out terribly. Will definitely not repurchase.

I tried this product about 2 years ago, when I was quite clueless about skincare. This stuff dries your skin out like MAD, and it makes your face so dry it itches and feels like its going to crack! Not a good cleanser!

on 11/6/2004 7:35:00 PM

This facewash is one of only two products I use to keep my face looking great. I have slightly oily skin, and I don't ever break out anymore. My skin's tone looks fantastic. I wash my face once a day and that's it!

Fantastic, I dont have many pimples anymore! Will buy again.
Been completlement on my clear skin because of this

on 10/31/2004 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Eh. It absorbs oil. My derm recommended this to me for my acne-prone, oily face. The smell is a bit weird and it didn't really do anything for my face.

on 10/18/2004 6:08:00 PM

When I used this product, it left my face a harsh red for THREE DAYS. I had originally used it because I wanted nice skin for my cousin's party. Gee, that worked out REALLY well, what with me showing up with the face of a lobster and all. I am NEVER buying this again. Terrible product.

on 10/14/2004 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I think I would suggest this to people with medium acne and oily skin. This definitley got rid of my acne quickly. But I had to throw it out because it made the skin on my nose peel. I would love this product if it wasn't so harsh. But the smell is very bad, but it doesn't linger on your face.

on 10/11/2004 2:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Ugh, this cleanser is awful. It's strongly scented, harsh, and irritating because it has very strong detergent agents. It certainly didn't clear up any breakouts on me. All it did was leave my face red. This has been around for years, and I don't know of one person who's used this cleanser and had their face clear up.

on 10/5/2004 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I ran out of my usual cleanser and there were samples lying around (my sis works in a derm clinic and bring home samples) and I thought I'd give this a try. The first few days this worked great but after that it my my skin extremely dry and tight as if I had a face lift or something. It was the most annoying feeling ever!, and my skin is oily. Will not buy.