December 21, 2014 | 1258 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2004 5:29:00 AM More reviews by protobiont

It left my skin feeling so dry! Also, it left the slimy stuff on the surface of your skin. Didn't do anything for my acne either.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2004 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Poemi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It did keep pimples away, but it was quite drying, and as the years went by it made my face flakier and flakier- but I guess I just have dry skin. i'm sIre it must be good for those with oily skin. I really hate that awful pump bottle though! You can't travel with it unless you want to get cleanser all over your stuff! Yuck!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2004 12:50:00 PM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

This is the worst cleanser I've ever purchased in my entire life. It was so drying, my skin was kinda of peeling off. Ewww gross! Not to mention it smells funky! I'm sticking to my Shiseido cleansing fluid which is AWESOME!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2004 4:22:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first tried this cleanser when I was in grade 9; It cleared up my pimples on my forehead very quickly, and gave me clear, smooth skin. Then, I think I ran out of it, and tried Phisoderm's "Clear confidence" facewash, and then the acne started coming. By the time I tried to switch back to Neutrogena, my face (lower half of my face) had erupted really badly, and all this did was dry it out. (at that point, I had to use Proactiv to get rid of my acne)Now, I use the regimen found on acne.org, however, I don't use the cleansers listed on that site, since I have so many cleansers I need to use up from before (this neutrogena cleanser, St. Ive's cleansers, biore.. etc...)

I tend to use this at night before I go to bed and in the morning when I wake up; the two times in the day when my skin is oiliest. recently though, I've been using it in the afternoon too, it doesn't dry out my skin the way it used to (4 months ago). So, I guess I'd buy it again just because it doesn't break me out. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2004 5:13:00 PM More reviews by jenica89

Don't use this! SOOOOO drying your face will feel stripped.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2004 1:15:00 PM More reviews by KaiteKins

I have combo skin and well this stuff just sucks. It dried out my chin, under my eyes, and around my nose. Also if any thing it made my acne worse. This is a TERRIBLE product and I warn everyone to STAY AWAY!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2004 6:06:00 PM More reviews by STsalim

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My sister-in-law recommended this product for my acne because she had gone to the best dermatoligist in Houstan and all he did was tell her to go buy Oil-Free Acne Wash (hence the "Dermatoligist Recommended" sticker on the bottle). True, the first time I used it, this prodcut dried out my skin, but I always put an oil-free moisturizer on my oily skin after I wash it. And since then I haven't had a zit! I guess if you have dry skin, use a cream cleaser, instead of a gel. But I will definately rebuy, and will start using almost the whole Neutrogena skincare line!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2004 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Cheeekie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have purchased this cleanser many times. Makes the pores on my forehead invisible. Pretty good for cleaning the pores on and around nose too. Very good at removing all traces of makeup. I have combo skin so this works great for my t-zone.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2004 1:37:00 PM More reviews by whitegoldswordllm

overdrying and causes flaky skin. It made my face feel so tight that it is irrating to open my eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2004 6:14:00 PM More reviews by CulturedPearl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awful. I broke out and my skin got worse. It was dry and scaly and started peeling. I have oily skin and my skin can take strong products but this is unbelievable. Don't even think about combining it with anoter product like another brand's toner or spot treatment. That is a recipe for disaster!