January 25, 2015 | 985 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2004 8:45:00 PM More reviews by punkysus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think I would suggest this to people with medium acne and oily skin. This definitley got rid of my acne quickly. But I had to throw it out because it made the skin on my nose peel. I would love this product if it wasn't so harsh. But the smell is very bad, but it doesn't linger on your face.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2004 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Yelena1981

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Ugh, this cleanser is awful. It's strongly scented, harsh, and irritating because it has very strong detergent agents. It certainly didn't clear up any breakouts on me. All it did was leave my face red. This has been around for years, and I don't know of one person who's used this cleanser and had their face clear up.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2004 9:12:00 PM More reviews by bebe_sam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I ran out of my usual cleanser and there were samples lying around (my sis works in a derm clinic and bring home samples) and I thought I'd give this a try. The first few days this worked great but after that it my my skin extremely dry and tight as if I had a face lift or something. It was the most annoying feeling ever!, and my skin is oily. Will not buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2004 8:35:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I started using this 5 months ago along with the oil-free moisturizer for combo skin and they have been great for me! This doesn't dry me out at all and it removes make-up easily. Helps control my breakouts too. The smell takes a little getting used to (it reminds me of harsh detergent) but it doesn't bother me now. The price is excellent and it lasts a long time. The only problem I have with it is the pump bottle, which is impossible to take anywhere. Still, as long as this keeps working so well I'll keep buying it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2004 12:25:00 PM More reviews by baksino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this make my face so red afterward! *sob*. quite a fan of neutrogena, but not this one. i have very thin/sensitive skin, so maybe that's why.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2004 8:43:00 PM More reviews by DeadlyGlitter

My skin did become less prone to pimples while using this but I dont think its quite as effective as other acne products out there. Looking at other peoples reviews everyone seems to say it dried out their skin but this didnt dry out my skin AT ALL. Overall it was fairly effective. The packaging could be a little better because when I try to travel with it it leaks all over everything.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2004 5:29:00 AM More reviews by protobiont

It left my skin feeling so dry! Also, it left the slimy stuff on the surface of your skin. Didn't do anything for my acne either.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2004 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Poemi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It did keep pimples away, but it was quite drying, and as the years went by it made my face flakier and flakier- but I guess I just have dry skin. i'm sIre it must be good for those with oily skin. I really hate that awful pump bottle though! You can't travel with it unless you want to get cleanser all over your stuff! Yuck!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2004 12:50:00 PM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

This is the worst cleanser I've ever purchased in my entire life. It was so drying, my skin was kinda of peeling off. Ewww gross! Not to mention it smells funky! I'm sticking to my Shiseido cleansing fluid which is AWESOME!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2004 4:22:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first tried this cleanser when I was in grade 9; It cleared up my pimples on my forehead very quickly, and gave me clear, smooth skin. Then, I think I ran out of it, and tried Phisoderm's "Clear confidence" facewash, and then the acne started coming. By the time I tried to switch back to Neutrogena, my face (lower half of my face) had erupted really badly, and all this did was dry it out. (at that point, I had to use Proactiv to get rid of my acne)Now, I use the regimen found on acne.org, however, I don't use the cleansers listed on that site, since I have so many cleansers I need to use up from before (this neutrogena cleanser, St. Ive's cleansers, biore.. etc...)

I tend to use this at night before I go to bed and in the morning when I wake up; the two times in the day when my skin is oiliest. recently though, I've been using it in the afternoon too, it doesn't dry out my skin the way it used to (4 months ago). So, I guess I'd buy it again just because it doesn't break me out. continued >>