eos Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

3.4

Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Beeswax (Cire D’abeille), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Natural Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Linalool

on 3/6/2011 11:11:00 PM

it smells nice and all, but it doesnt moisturise my lips. instead it makes my lips even more dry! will not repurchase!

I see quite a few people talk badly about this product, but I really have to disagree. Sure, it's a little expensive, but there's so much product, it'll last you forever. I got mine some time last April, and I still have quite a bit left after using it quite religiously since then. The dome's just gone a little flatter. I also really like the cute packaging and flavor. It does roll away sometimes, but I find it makes up for that by being so easy to spot amongst my makeup with it's odd shape and bright color.
Now let's talk about the actual product quality. I find that this is the best lip balm I've ever tried and I've tried Blistex, Chapstick, Burt's Bees, etc. I was really skeptical at first because when you put it on, it feels like there's not much there and it's not very moisturizing. But, when I put it on for bed, I found there was an INCREDIBLE difference in the morning.

My lips have always been pretty terrible. It was pretty rare that my lips that my lips actually looked normal and not crackly, peely, and dry. This product has worked miracles. Whenever my lips look bad, I just put this on before bed and they're perfect in the morning. Haha, I feel like such a Proactive comerical, but it's true, this product is fantastic.

on 3/6/2011 7:14:00 PM

The most overrated product I've ever used. Sure it smells yummy, but it does not do its job as a lip balm. There seems to be virtually no product getting on my lips, so my lips end up drying up even more after using it. Its little ball shape is cute though, but it always rolls off into some nebulous area so I lose it for a couple of days.. Doesn't matter though, I'll just stick to my Burt's Bees.

on 3/6/2011 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I heard about these on the boards and really wanted to see what all the hype was about. That was until I saw the price o_O Wow! So a few months passed and Rite Aid finally had them on sale and their coupon. I really liked them in the begin. Great taste, felt nice and worked great under lipstick. Then I started to get tiny blackheads around my lips and this was the only new I using, I ended up giving to my youngest daughter who loses everything and it has since happily disappeared :)

on 3/6/2011 3:48:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Overall as a lipbalm this didn't do that job. I felt like this wasn't moisturizing at all. If anything, it made my lips feel more dry and I needed to keep reapplying which didn't help.

Also, I've had an allergic reaction to this product. My lips were swollen and had stinging grashes around the edges. So I decided to just use it as sort of a waxy balm for my dry hands, and they became itchy and developed little rashes too!! Once I realized this was the culprit, I threw it in the bin.

The only good thing I have to say about this is that it smelled really good, and it has cute packaging.

on 3/6/2011 2:08:00 AM

This smells really nice and the packaging it cute. That is the only thing that is good about it. When I started using this my lips were fine, no dryness, no flaking. This dried them out. I read some reviews on here where people said the same thing and I somehow doubted that to be true. Well I am paying for it now because I can't seem to get my lips back to their original (moisturized) state from before I started using this crap. I really like the way it smells and looks, so it's a shame that the actual product sucks.

on 3/5/2011 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I have 4 other EOS balms--Honeysuckle Honeydew, Medicated Tangerine, Sweet Mint, and Lemon Drop, and this is my favorite hands down. The smell is amazing and the color of packaging is adorable! Will be repurchasing over and over again. My full review on it:

on 3/1/2011 9:52:00 PM

at first i thought the packaging was cute so i bought it but it became in convenient i can't put this in a coat, jeans, pants, sweater pocket because its so awkward looking!
i can only put it on a shelf, table or maybe in a purse.
the balm itself smelled good and didn't have a gross taste incase i were to swallow it. but after a while it got really sticky and gross and did very LITTLE moisturizing

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love these! I bought the lemon drop one, since it just looked all cute, sitting there looking at me while I was checking out at Wal-Mart with some bamf pajama pants. So I thought, "Hey! Why not? Cute pants, cute lip balm, I'm all good."

Now, my lips become extremely chapped in the winter, and I find myself using this one a lot, it's already starting to look pointed after only two weeks of use :) It is rather moisturizing, maybe not as much as I need in the winter months... but for the summer I feel this would be extra awesome. I ended up buying the summer fruit, lemon drop and honeydew one! Might I mention the honeydew one smells WAY better than this one... this one does have a weird aftersmell... it doesn't bother me much but I can see it bothering some people with more sensitive noses.

Also, I never did notice until I started reading the reviews on this, it is rather waxy feeling, but that's a good thing in my opinion, sheild my smackers from the winter wind! I live in Chicago, it's cold @_@

on 2/28/2011 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I have tried 3 different flavors of EOS Lip Balm and this is hands down my favorite. For me, for some odd reason, this one seemed to be more lighter and creamier then the other two i tried. This one absorbed really well and the scent is amazing..not too over powering though.. definitely a staple before i go to bed ^^

Popular Lip Treatments