eos Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

3.4

Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Beeswax (Cire D’abeille), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Natural Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Linalool

on 3/1/2011 9:52:00 PM

at first i thought the packaging was cute so i bought it but it became in convenient i can't put this in a coat, jeans, pants, sweater pocket because its so awkward looking!
i can only put it on a shelf, table or maybe in a purse.
the balm itself smelled good and didn't have a gross taste incase i were to swallow it. but after a while it got really sticky and gross and did very LITTLE moisturizing

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love these! I bought the lemon drop one, since it just looked all cute, sitting there looking at me while I was checking out at Wal-Mart with some bamf pajama pants. So I thought, "Hey! Why not? Cute pants, cute lip balm, I'm all good."

Now, my lips become extremely chapped in the winter, and I find myself using this one a lot, it's already starting to look pointed after only two weeks of use :) It is rather moisturizing, maybe not as much as I need in the winter months... but for the summer I feel this would be extra awesome. I ended up buying the summer fruit, lemon drop and honeydew one! Might I mention the honeydew one smells WAY better than this one... this one does have a weird aftersmell... it doesn't bother me much but I can see it bothering some people with more sensitive noses.

Also, I never did notice until I started reading the reviews on this, it is rather waxy feeling, but that's a good thing in my opinion, sheild my smackers from the winter wind! I live in Chicago, it's cold @_@

on 2/28/2011 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I have tried 3 different flavors of EOS Lip Balm and this is hands down my favorite. For me, for some odd reason, this one seemed to be more lighter and creamier then the other two i tried. This one absorbed really well and the scent is amazing..not too over powering though.. definitely a staple before i go to bed ^^

on 2/28/2011 4:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

The only reason I still use this is because due to its shape , it is really easy to find in my purse. The packaging is indeed cute but that's where the benefits of this product end.
The smell of this one in particular is not pleasant. I don't know what it is..its slightly tropical but then also really fake.
As for moisturizing properties- a big ZERO. It feels nice when you put it on, but then it just sits on top of your lips and after one sip of water it's gone and does not leave your lips smoother or one bit moisturized.
So yes, cute packaging, awful, useless product.

on 2/28/2011 4:20:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I give this product a 3.5. It's super cute and always starts a conversation but this particular scent is not that appealing to me. It's the one I originally wanted the most but turned out to be my least favorite. It gets rather addictive to apply this prodcut but I feel that could be because it actually dries your lips out. I want to love this product but I think I'm just in lust with its packaging.

on 2/25/2011 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have this in the red packaging. I'm not crazy about the taste/smell. I think I'd like it more if it was another flavor. If you like that fruity like mangoish taste( I can't really explain it), I would have liked the lemon probably better but overall it's okay.Probably good for your lips, what drew me in was it said gluten free and my daughter has celiac, so that was a plus.

on 2/25/2011 4:39:00 PM

I like it and I don't.

Packaging - Super cute, that's what drew me towards it!

Smell - I like the smell a lot! But once applied, I find that it fades super quickly.

Application - I thought it was going to be a whole sphere, kind of like the travel perfume rolly things. But when I put it on and it didn't roll around I was quite disappointed, cause I think then it would have been much cooler, haha. It glides on very nicely though!

Moisturizing - Not at all.. The feel of it is gone within five minutes or so, and my lips don't feel any moisture.

I would buy it again just because I want to own all flavours cause the packaging is damn cute!

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I really do like this product! The essential reason I bought this was the hype, not only over youtube and the web but in my school! I swear almost every period there would be a girl that would pull out her little egg lip balm and everybody would be amazed! My first impressions: I HATED it! It did nothing mousturizing for my lips and the smell made me sick. After a couple days of using it, just to see if I could get my moneys worth I started adapting to it. I think it's just me because when I bought SoftLips and Nivea Kiss of Smoothness for the first time I was like ehhh and now there my HG lipbalms. All in all the shape and bulkiness doesn't really bother me. It's convenient and easy to find in my bag, and it's easy to just swipe on my lips. But I do love this chapstick/lipbalm (:

on 2/23/2011 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is one of the products I was super excited to try. While the packaging is unique, and the rounded top does help to apply the product evenly, I'll have to pass on re-purchasing this balm again. The smell is very nice, and it tastes good, too (not that I recommend eating it, lol), but it just wasn't moisturizing. It feels waxy and thick to me, and it doesn't seem to sink into my lips like I'd like it to. Overall, this product is all hype. Color me disappointed.

on 2/23/2011 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Warning: Those with sensitive skin or really chapped lips, DON’T TRY THIS! I bought this for the packaging and convenience. The packaging is very cute and I thought it would be easy to dig out of my bottomless pit of a purse. I opened it and hated the scent. I thought “it kind of stinks but maybe I could get used to it; I might as well try it to see if it’s moisturizing.” Yeah, not moisturizing! It burned my lips so badly; I had to immediately wash it off. Ended up tossing it.

Popular Lip Treatments

Baby Lips Lip Balm
Beeswax Lip Balm
Prep + Prime Lip

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Best To Worst: EOS Lip Balm Review by kaylesTalk

Worth The Hype? | EOS Lip Balm VS. Nivea Milk & Honey Lip Care (Review) 2014 by thatgermangirl08