April 19, 2014 | 1047 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by jenskimollero

I really like this stuff.. it can look a little muddy if you're not careful, but the best way to avoid that is to make sure your skin is completely dry (as in no moisturizer recently put on or no face washing/foundation for about 10 minutes). When used with a little MAC silverdusk it gives me a perfect glimmery glow, without being too yellow!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2007 2:26:00 AM More reviews by imsofly420

love it because it has no shimmer!! it seems like most brands have this notion that if someone wants to use a bronzer, they clearly must also want glitter all over their face?! i've never understood that one. but, yeah, very natural looking! you have to use a light touch and only put on a little on your brush at a time...duh...this is a bronzer not a blush. i hate when people blame the product when they don't know how to apply makeup. and, it lasts forever-i've had mine for like a year.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2007 3:50:00 PM More reviews by pepeleru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just finished reading everyone's reviews and wish I could use the 'light touch' to make this bronzer work! I end up look streaky and muddy, even if I use my own brushes!
EDIT: I have finally achieved that light touch and this bronzer is wonderful all over where the sun hits or as a contour colour. lasts ages and doesnt cause any breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2007 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Juicy376

I have been using Hoola for about 4 years now and adore it. I use it EVERYDAY and have found one box lasts me 2 years. :o) As with all bronzers, the idea is to give you a natural glow, not a full on tango tan. I love the fact that the bronze is BROWN and not ORANGE! I agree with others that it probably would make you look dirty if you applied to much, but what i do love is that its not sparkly or glitzy like so many bronzers are. I'm 21 not 12 for goodness sake! HAHA! I use Bare Minerals foundations or YSL Perfect Touch on spotty days and i find Hoola compliments both so well. I do like the "Warmth" that comes with the Bare Minerals, but its just a bit orange for my personal liking. I have quite pink undertones so i dont ever use a blush, i persoanlly think it makes me look like i've either got sunburn, im embarassed, i've been slapped or like ive been crying! So bronzer IS my blush as well.

The brush that comes with it is absoutly RUBBISH i invested in a decent blusher brush from the Benefit counter which is much more effective and doesnt give me gastly streaks across my cheekbones, however even after 2 years and washing the brush fortnightly those damn hair are still coming out and i keep going about my day with what look like giant eyelashes stuck to my cheeks! *rolls eyes*

I am fair, freckly, have pink undertones, have blue eyes and am an almost natural blonde. Nobody has ever told me that my makeup is anything other than that of a natural sun lover!

The only reason i *may* stray from using Hoola is that i am very tempted to try "Dallas" since i live in England, i feel this may be even better suited to my skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2007 4:24:00 PM More reviews by cbsallee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Although I have used this for many years...I do love bare minerals bronzer even better...a slight more natural if you want to use it for heavier bronze look.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2007 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Holly13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Even the salesperson at the Benefit boutique told me this is not a great bronzer for layering heavily on it's own, and warned me about the dirty face thing. It does, however, work beautifully as your base bronzer when applied evenly with a light hand, and then a different sheer powder sparkly bronzer on top. It builds very well if you want more color. If you use liquid or gel bronzer, you can tap it on without the Hoola coming off. It's an extra step that you may not want bother with, but I must say it gives me the most amazing look and seems to set bronzers on top that have more shimmer. It's very matte and will look like dirt if you over apply, but I recommend it as a base color for sure. It actually has a bit of coverage and gives a very, very natural color. I can skip powder and foundation. It lasts FOREVER. I've had the same box for over a year - maybe because I use it lightly, but no joke. I haven't even hit the bottom of the pan yet. Use a fluffy brush - the brush supplied is a good little brush, but unless you really tap off extra product might deposit too much for you (the result: dirty face.) I really recommend at least trying it on at the store. The layering trick gives me the exact look I want.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2007 10:32:00 AM More reviews by liu79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think that the key to using this is with a very light application. Overload can result in your face looking kind of dirty! However once you find the light touch and use it carefully it really is an excellent bronzer. I think it smells yummy too!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2007 2:15:00 AM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I must be bronzer dumb because I couldn't get this to work for me. I looked muddy, and dirty, and just plain ICKY! I think I'm just too pale for bronzer :(

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2007 9:39:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Shrug. I really like this,and am pretty pale. I don't feel it looks dirty on me, but I do not use the brush that came with it, as it is tiny and kind of sucks. I use a light touch, maybe that's why it doesn't look dirty on me so much. I like this more than most bronzers because it is brown, not ORANGE, and best of all, not shimmery at all.

Edit: ok, so I wrote this review before I understood skin tones beyond pale, fair, medium, dark,etc. This is a very cool toned bronzed, almost gray based. It makes me look kind of sickly if I use it as an all over bronzer, since my skin is on the neutral side. I like that there's a bronzer for fairer tones out there, but neutral and warm skin tones beware.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2007 1:37:00 PM More reviews by shopsnakegirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this. I am so very pale and this bronzer simulates a tan on my fair skin without looking fake or orange.