Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 7/12/2010 1:51:00 AM

This has so far been the best primer I have used (packaging combined with price). It has great staying power. However, I have noticed for the summer and those days when you sweat a lot, unfortunately, the staying power definitely goes down. I would say if you have dry lids, like I do, this product will work great for you. However, if your lids tend to get greasy, I would say skip out on this one.

on 7/11/2010 9:28:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Absolutely love it. I have pretty oily eyelids so my eyeshadows would always crease and smudge, especially if I am wearing heavier makeup like going out at night. I hated how my eye makeup would go from being very pretty in the beginning of the night to a mess at the end, so I decided to get this primer after hearing the reviews from Youtube gurus. And I am so happy I bought it! Worth every penny paid for it, it keeps my eyeshadow from creasing and smudging all day long and allows for smoother application. I will repurchase it and definitely recommend it!

on 7/11/2010 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is a huge disappointment. First, I don't like the squeeze tube. I think it should have an applicator or a wand like UDPP. To apply this I had to squeeze some out on the back of my hand and apply it with an eyeshadow brush. Second, this made my eyes burn like crazy and tear up so badly that they ran down my face. On the plus side, my eyeshadow didn't budge, which is why I gave it two lippies. I cannot recommend this product.

on 7/11/2010 8:46:00 PM

I was torn between this and the Urban Decay primer potion, because they both had the same purpose and reviews and everything, except this packaging seemed more... easier to use, plus it was a dollar cheaper... lol isn't much of a difference but... what the heck, i'll try it.
So i was in NYC while i picked this up, and one morning i decided to use it just to try, it did apply smoothly, but kinda liquidy and greasy. but after i was all done with my shadows it was fine, so i forgot about that. When the day ended, i looked into the mirror thinking, wow, my shadow stayed on the whole day, forgetting that i used this product in the morning. I was really surprised that my shadow lasted through 100 degree weather, through all the sweat, through the pool (i didn't go under water), and through a quick shower. Then i remembered that i used this in the morning, and was pleased that it actually works!
So overall i'm happy with my purchase... it is quite expensive though, but... it seems like its gonna last a long time. =)

Oh and plus, the package was actually a lot bigger than i expected it to be.... so its not actually that tiny... lol thought i'd add

on 7/11/2010 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Great for eyeshadow hold; however, it did apply greasy onto my lids.

EDIT:
I highly recommend Urban Decay primer potion over this. It's not as greasy and has better consistency.

on 7/10/2010 11:04:00 AM

I have this, UDPP, & UDPP Sin. Out of the three, this is my least favorite. It does hold my eyeshadows allll day without creasing, but for some reason I like the consistency of UDPP better. The packaging on TFSI is wayyy better than UDPP though!

on 7/9/2010 9:20:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Makes eyeshadow bolder at first but throughout the day/night it made my eyelids greasy and did not work well.

on 7/8/2010 9:09:00 PM

This stuff is basically a miracle in a pretty little blue tube. I've never had much luck with eyeshadow - I'd put it on in the morning and by lunch it would all be in one big line in my crease. I've been wanting to try a primer for a while but was hesitant to spend the money on UDPP or Shadow Insurance, but after picking up L'Oreal De-Crease on sale ($5) and having it do nothing at all, I finally decide to just take the plunge. I chose Shadow Insurance over UDPP mostly because of the packaging, but I'm so glad I did because this stuff ROCKS. The texture is nice and silky and a tiny bit on each eye is all I need to get a good base. Once applied, it's totally invisible. I've been using it for about a week now and it keeps my eyeshadow looking perfect for 12+ hours, even in the disgusting 100+ degree heat wave we've been having in my area. Depending on the eyeshadow I use I might get a tiny little creasing in the inner corner of my lid, but that's after 10 to 12 hours and has only happened with eyeshadows that I know have less staying power to begin with, plus it's so minor it's not noticeable unless you're right up in my face, so I'm not going to dock any points for that - especially considering that the same shadow would last about 3 hours, tops, without Shadow Insurance. Overall I love it and really couldn't be happier with my purchase.

on 7/8/2010 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

My first primer (Would have bought UDPP but i have not found it in Australia) and it definitely held my eyeshadow for the whole day! However you must work fast or the colours become unblendable and the primer will dry. My main problem with this primer is that fact that it doesn't intensify colour which is what i really look for. Lately i've been using shadestick type products in a light bronze colour :)

on 7/8/2010 2:09:00 AM

Like the packaging, very convient for travel packing. The finish is very satin but either I use a bit too little or it dries a little fast. I don't really notice much difference in e/s color when I use it but it really holds the colors down. I put it on in the morning and by the time I finish the gym in the evening, my eyes are still there. Def a repurchase IF no one makes something new to tempt me.