Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

First of all, its super oily. My lids were super oily when i used this product! It separates and I got this super greasy stuff all over my face.

It also doesn't hold my eyeshadows like it's supposed to. It was pretty greasy and since my lids are a little oily to begin with, this didn't really keep my eyeshadows on well.

i still think urban decay is better. however, maybe people with dry lids would like this product better.

on 6/25/2010 1:30:00 AM

This stuff works for me. It keeps my eyeshadow looking vibrant for 10 hours, and there's no creasing or fading when using this product. I like that it goes on clear and matte rather than shimmery or frosty like creamy bases. The packaging is genius because you know exactly how much product you have left and you can actually use it all up without cutting up the packaging and depotting it, unlike eyeshadow bases that come in lipgloss-like applicators. My only gripe--and it's a big one--is that the product tends to separate after a few months' use. I hate having to wipe off the initial oily discharge that comes out.

on 6/24/2010 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Eye liner & eye shadow does not budge or crease. This is a great primer, but isn't that strong on the under eye for concealer or eye liner. However, I still love it! <3

on 6/20/2010 11:21:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this a few days ago and I've only used it once so far, but I love it! Much prefer it to Urban Decay's Primer, the packaging is better and easier to apply, and a little goes a long way.
I hate to compare to UD's, but I feel that this leaves my lid looking more matte, since they are very oily, and UD's would not remove the streak of oil at all.
Holds the shadow pretty good, I don't know yet for how long it stays or if the lid eventually gets shiny again. Will come back and edit after I've used it more.

on 6/19/2010 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This primer is good but not the best one for me, maybe it's because i have a oilly lid. I think I shall try a udpp next time, and udpp is more suitable for oilly lid

on 6/18/2010 4:19:00 PM

I just got a sample of this product and boy do i love it! It so smooth and easy to blend onto my eyelid, and my eye shadow stays on forever! I accidently fell asleep with my makeup on & the next morning my eyeshadow was still in place! Love this stuff, I'll be buying a full sized one when I run out of my sample :)

on 6/18/2010 4:10:00 PM

Great eye primer which delivers - the eye shadow stays put all day.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is the third eye primer I have tried and it is by far the best. I used Urban Decay and Smashbox and neither of them could compare. The packaging is so much easier to feel how much is left and to dispense it. This goes on very smoothly and does not crease at all. I was able to wear eye shadow and liner for 12 hours in 90 degree Southern heat without a single bit of it straying. My eyes still looked gorgeous and my eye products still looked freshly applied. I am completely sold on this primer and will not be using anything else.

on 6/16/2010 1:11:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Makes shadow stay on much longer and does NOT crease. SO much better than Urban Decay Primer Potion. Doesn't dry out the skin (UDPP made my eyelids dry and a bit wrinkled looking), the packaging is MUCH more convenient, and product doesnt dry out in the packaging. And one tube lasts forever! Definitely a beauty must-have!

on 6/16/2010 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think this product works pretty well! :D

After using shadow insurance, my mac eyeliner and eye shadow usually last about 6-7 hours on my oily lids -- and in humid weather!

But I think it only works is if I apply an extra layer of loose powder on top of my lids after applying this eye primer... it really helps things stick. without this extra layer of loose powder, this primer does nothing for me. but using loose powder itself without the primer does nothing either. so they have to be used in combination for some reason...

however, I find it works terribly with under eye concealer! It actually makes the concealer "ball up" and in turn, a mess. so I highly recommend this product as a primer for eye makeup only.