August 28, 2014 | 883 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Grace52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have mixed results with this. If my skin is more oily one day, it works. But if it's even a little dry, it looks horrible with it. You can't put too much on, or you'd be able to tell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Beckaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this so much, its so sheer and beautiful on top of liquid foundation, I have the palest shade in rose nude, which is a perfect match, it helps my foundation lasts hours and hours. I'm not much of a fan of the packaging I found that quite disappointing, kinda cheap looking but I can look over that, the wee sponge thing is pretty crap too so I replaced it with a better one and it fits perfectly. I think the wee mirror is a nice wee addition I didn't expect. all in all a amazing product that I will definitely buy again, I've bought it twice already and love it so will happily buy it again <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by brittbrat118820

Overall great powder. Applies so smoothly without being cakey or really heavy. I use this to set my foundation and it keeps me matte for most of the day. I apply this with my ecotools powder brush not the crappy applicator it comes with. Didn't break me out either. I took off 1 lippie for the limited color selection and packaging. I have the light shade and its a tad too light, but the medium looks to dark and my store only carries 4 colors but I'm not sure if there is more avaliable. I also hate the packaging; its so bulky with the flip out mirror and when you take that part out there actually isn't a lot of product. Its cheap though and pretty good product so I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by miyabi0619

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this pressed powder at 40% off so it only cost me $4.xx! Many people complain about the package but I'm not really bothered by that. I didn't even expect there's a puff and that notorious swirl-opening bottom. I use my own powder brush to apply the powder so I don't care about anything except the power itself only. The powder is fine. The color Beige (medium 2-2.5) looks a bit too pink in the package for my Asian skin tone but the powder is so sheer that it actually doesn't make my face too pink. I use it as a setting powder over the liquid foundation from the same collection "Dream Liquid Mousse"(medium 2.5: Natural Beige) and they work perfectly well together. I have oily skin and this powder keeps me shine free for a good 8hrs! I'm really surprised that I don't even have to touch up! Not sure if it still works so well during hot summer days but so far I'm loving this powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2010 4:23:00 AM More reviews by globetrkkr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've never been so annoyed at a product's packaging until I bought this powder. Honestly, I have no idea what they were thinking when they invented this swivel thing because it's not convenient at all. It's also flimsy and cheap looking (yes even for a drug store product). I've not picky or a complainer when it comes to product packaging and I buy drug store products all the time but this packaging really annoys me.

The actual powder is okay but nothing brilliant. It's very soft/fine and provides light coverage. It's supposed to be used as a setting powder and that's what I used it for. What I didn't like is that coverage is a little too light and it didn't help me with oil control. It also made the dry parts on my face even worse. The puff it came with is useless and fell apart after three weeks of gentle use, which was disappointing. i bought the darkest shade, medium 3-4, and it was a good match but they definitely need more shades to choose from. So, it's an okay product but even if they improved the packaging I still wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Tennyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Reference: I'm a NC37-42 (yellow based Asian skin) using Beige Medium 2-2.5.
+Pros: Great setting powder, a little bit of colour, Product long lasting, Matte-look(good for oilyskin)
-Cons:Packaging is silly, mirror should of been on top, i would like more colour selection. (perhaps medium yellow based-beige power)

=Verdict: Might repurchase, but i will be trying other products.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by lala01

LOVE this powder. For all those that dislike this product, just thought I should share that this is meant to be a setting powder-- not a foundation (though you can use it as your foundation in you choose), thats why its labeled as a "powder" not a powder foundation. Anyway, I have oily skin and this powder is the only setting powder I have tried that keeps my face in check for hours. I even took a nap today and woke up with a fresh face! Better than MUFE HD. btw, I use this over my revlon colorstay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 7:25:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really liked it. Nice cheap powder. Maybelline tests on animals and I have gone cruelty free so it's getting canned.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2010 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Apheo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

it was chalky and doesnt conceal well, but it does control oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by hellomelia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this product! It wont make your face look cakey at all.