Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

3.9

AQUA (WATER) . PARAFFIN . STEARIC ACID . CERA CARNAUBA . TRIETHANOLAMINE . CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) . C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS . NYLON-12 . STEARYL STEARATE . PHENOXYETHANOL . HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE . EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX . DIMETHICONE . PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) . TITANIUM DIOXIDE . TOCOPHERYL ACETATE . METHYLPARABEN . ADIPIC ACID/DIETHYLENE GLYCOL/GLYCERIN CROSSPOLYMER . PANTHENOL . VP/ EICOSENE COPOLYMER . BEHENIC ACID . SORBITAN STEARATE . PEG-40 STEARATE . ALGAE EXTRACT . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE . BUTYLPARABEN . ETHYLPARABEN . ISOBUTYLPARABEN . PROPYLPARABEN . [ /- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) . CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 75470 (CARMINE) . CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77019 (MICA) . CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) . CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) . CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE) . CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE . CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) . CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) . CI 77000 (ALUMINUM POWDER) . CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) . CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) . CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) . CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) . SILICA . “3YY07-1“ . ]

on 7/6/2007 7:47:00 AM

i recieved this eagerly awaited mascara in the post this morning and couldnt wait to try it from all the great reviews its had. however, i was very dissapointed! it was 'too wet', smugdy and clumpy and you cant build it up like you can with lancome's hypnose. hypnose is a far superior mascara that gives more length, definition and volume. i definatley wont be repurchasing.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

the one mascara that beats out even my beloved definicils...
28 USD or not, this mascara rocks!! worth the price.
indeed, the best one.

on 7/3/2007 8:21:00 AM

By far the BEST mascara on the market. I have tried them all and this is the only one that does what it says on the box! It never flakes and always lengthens my lashes to their maximum. I have tried other mascaras, but always regret not going back to this one. Definately worth the price!

on 6/25/2007 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the best mascara I´ve found, the only one that actually lives up to its claims. Every now and then I can`t help myself and fall for some other mascara, just to know if they´re any good, and NO, they aren´t. So, this is an HG for me, meaning that I´m absolutely hooked on this product and more importantly it makes me significantly better looking for my lashes are naturally fair, thin and quite short. With this mascara I like to play out my eyes and keep the rest of my face quite natural, just a hint of some light peachy blush and lipstick (the sort of 60´ look, if anyone gets what I mean). The only thing I hate is the price and the fact that it dries up so quickly, but what can you do, this is the best!

on 6/20/2007 7:59:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

Purchased this mascara because of all the poitive reviews on the MUA, but it turned out to be a disappointment. It clumps and smudges, and I got the raccoon eyes 10 minutes after applying this mascara! And although I just purchased it a few weeks ago, it's already half-dry. Will never buy again.

on 6/16/2007 2:53:00 AM

One of the best mascaras I tried. I bought Diorshow & Ysl at the same time & compared them.
DIORSHOW-lashes look stiff,I need 3 coatings to see the dramatic effect they are claiming,lashes look spidery & it smeared at the end of the day.
YSL- very dramatic lashes,one coat is enough for me to see those lashes.I just dont like the rose scent & I think its kinda harsh.

I will definitely go back to Shiseido lengthening or Awake side long lash

on 6/9/2007 6:52:00 AM

Althought this product is pricey and I seriously dislike spending so much on an item I'm supposed to replace every 3 months, I can't deny the fact that Faux Cils is an excellent mascara that for once lives up to the hype. I have short and sparse lashes, probaby from years of abuse, and this mascara really does make them look thicker, longer and more abundant. The packaging is so sleek and chic it could probably be considered for the next Bond. The brush is fairly chunky and large, but wiping the end off on the rim of the tube prevents mistakes and wasted product. I use this at night, and Lancome Hypnose during the day for still-glam-but-not-as-much-so lashes.

This mascara makes my lashes super long and plump. It really works. It does clump if you don't use the right application. Gorgeous lashes you will ever have.

on 6/7/2007 5:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Honesty here.... for a long time I lauded Diorshow and Tarte's LCL as being the be all and end all of mascara. I still think they're good, but now I have seen the glory that is faux cils. First off, the tube is to die for. Long and sleek and gold. And it smells like lilac or rose or some flower but it says MONEY! Now, for the test. I have very long lashes but they are blond and not as thick as I'd like. So I need my mascara to lenghten and thicken without clumps 'cause I don't own an eyelash comb and never will. Faux cils does all that and more. Well, not more but doing that alone says something, right? One coat thickens and another coat gives me so much length and it is black. This never clumps, never and only very occasionally flakes. The package says to wipe down the brush every week but like hell I'm gonna do that to a mascara that costs as much as dinner at Chili's! I do apply my coats really quickly though as waiting is not good and then you will get some clumps. Basically, I think mascara is that one product where you need to seek out the best and spend whatever it takes and if you haven't tried faux cils, do it now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I jumped on the bandwagon & purchased this mascara due to all the hype here on MUA. I love mascara! It's one of the only makeup products that i can not live without. I can defintely live without this this mascara though. It's pricey to begin with so I was hoping for miracles. While the gold tube is very classy and glamourful, the mascara itself was a huge disappointment. It clumps terribly and smears and smudges. My next attempt was to wipe away as much mascara off the wand as possible but it still clumped and smudged. I will not be purchasing this mascara begin and I'm majorly bummed.