April 17, 2014 | 1845 users online

Mascara - Yves Saint Laurent - Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2007 1:16:00 PM More reviews by peachykeen01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Considering all the raves and the $28 price tag that this mascara came with, I expected it to be HG material. I think I actually prefer my Maybelline Lash Stylist to this! It thickens better with less coats and the black is more intense. This is more of a natural look mascara IMO, I had to apply to coats to get the look of 1 with Lash Stylist. It does hold a curl better though, and I like the scent, and the tube is pretty. Not worth the price though, so I will not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2007 1:27:00 AM More reviews by alixnaiq

I love the smell of this mascara and it does plump up my lashes in a natural way, but it smudges slightly after a few hours, even when I don't apply any to my bottom lashes. Perhaps it's the humid climate where I live, and I know it's only water-resistant, but considering that I paid SGD$36.60 at duty free, I expected something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2007 8:27:00 AM More reviews by greekgal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful packaging but the mascara needs fine tuning! It clumps....I'm going back to Lancome!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2007 12:05:00 AM More reviews by ahbelle

I got this at the luxasia sale for sgd15 only. Not sure if its near expiry date or wat, its not as wet as a new marscara. The fragrance is overpowering. I got this in a dark green colour which was suitable for work as the green is not too obvious. Not much clumping. Would not recommend as can get better drugstore ones given the high retail price.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2007 4:52:00 AM More reviews by ImBossy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is decent but it totally clumps when layered. I have drugstore mascaras that clump very little /not at all and cost a fraction of the price. If youre a one coat type of woman then yeah this is pretty good. Thats not me so while I see the potential of this product It's not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2007 9:56:00 AM More reviews by hol_eliz

best mascara on the market hands down. but with that said, the life expectancy of this mascara is short lived. because of the pow it delivers to your lashes, and the consistency of the product, buildup on the brush is a major problem with faux cils. I would say typically with everyday use it only lasts maybe 2 months tops. BUT don't let that discourage your decision to buy it- for someone who wants LOTS of volume this is the mascara, plus they come in beautiful other shades like greens, blues, purples, even a burgundy-winey color. Definitely check it out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2007 2:21:00 AM More reviews by coutureisqueen

It is a pretty hefty mascara, it adds a LOT in one swipe! Instant thickness and length, and very VERY black. The only problem I have with it is that it clumps pretty easily, after I use it I HAVE to comb through with a spoolie. I only reach for this on days when I have time and patience, but it is well worth it on those days. Ooooh, and I must say I LOVE the packaging! It's so classy, gorgeous, and beautiful! I'm honored to have it in my mascara drawer :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2007 3:50:00 PM More reviews by jehovah_nissi111

So I like this mascara - I think that for the money it produces pretty good results. It really does lengthen my lashes. I haven't found anything else that does this. I have noticed a couple of my eyelashes hitting the ground here lately. I really hope it is not from this. My only gripe is that it doesn't last long. I get tons of compliments on my lashes - people say they look fake. I do love the fact that they don't look clumpy or 60ish. They just lengthen and put a little curl on the end. It gives a really clean and finished look to you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2007 6:20:00 PM More reviews by mcorreia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Great effect but... When I first bought it, it started drying in less than 2 weeks (I use mascara every day but God helped me if I had to re-purchase mascara every 2 weeks!!).Very expensive of course.
Just gave it another try but this time i'm not wearing it everyday.
Anyway, great false lash effect, it does more for lenght than for thickness imo; love how dramatically black this one is; very glossy too and WON'T make your lashes crispy, very much on the contrary!
Update, Ocotber/2007: ok i won't re-purchase this one! While the 1st tube i got was too dry, this one was too runny/liquid. Now it's a little bit better because it's starting to dry; the curling isn't great. I can get the same for much less $$$
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2007 2:13:00 PM More reviews by doctorelle

After reading the reviews and after a friend told me about this mascara, I went to Holt Renfrew to try it out. It was $40.00 (CDN), so a little on the expensive side. The packaging is pretty, and the only reason why I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 is because I think the colour of the tube (gold) is a little tacky. If it was black, it would look so classy! The mascara smells wonderful, like roses, and the brush is not too big, not to small (I, myself, am a fan of a big mascara wand). The overall effect is great; my lashes look long and thick and bold. The downside is, it smudges a bit. I like this mascara and I will get it again but I will also keep my Benefit BADgal lash mascara.