Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

3.9

AQUA (WATER) . PARAFFIN . STEARIC ACID . CERA CARNAUBA . TRIETHANOLAMINE . CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) . C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS . NYLON-12 . STEARYL STEARATE . PHENOXYETHANOL . HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE . EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX . DIMETHICONE . PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) . TITANIUM DIOXIDE . TOCOPHERYL ACETATE . METHYLPARABEN . ADIPIC ACID/DIETHYLENE GLYCOL/GLYCERIN CROSSPOLYMER . PANTHENOL . VP/ EICOSENE COPOLYMER . BEHENIC ACID . SORBITAN STEARATE . PEG-40 STEARATE . ALGAE EXTRACT . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE . BUTYLPARABEN . ETHYLPARABEN . ISOBUTYLPARABEN . PROPYLPARABEN . [ /- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) . CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 75470 (CARMINE) . CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77019 (MICA) . CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) . CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) . CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE) . CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE . CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) . CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) . CI 77000 (ALUMINUM POWDER) . CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) . CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) . CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) . CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) . SILICA . 3YY07-1 . ]

on 6/7/2007 5:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Honesty here.... for a long time I lauded Diorshow and Tarte's LCL as being the be all and end all of mascara. I still think they're good, but now I have seen the glory that is faux cils. First off, the tube is to die for. Long and sleek and gold. And it smells like lilac or rose or some flower but it says MONEY! Now, for the test. I have very long lashes but they are blond and not as thick as I'd like. So I need my mascara to lenghten and thicken without clumps 'cause I don't own an eyelash comb and never will. Faux cils does all that and more. Well, not more but doing that alone says something, right? One coat thickens and another coat gives me so much length and it is black. This never clumps, never and only very occasionally flakes. The package says to wipe down the brush every week but like hell I'm gonna do that to a mascara that costs as much as dinner at Chili's! I do apply my coats really quickly though as waiting is not good and then you will get some clumps. Basically, I think mascara is that one product where you need to seek out the best and spend whatever it takes and if you haven't tried faux cils, do it now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I jumped on the bandwagon & purchased this mascara due to all the hype here on MUA. I love mascara! It's one of the only makeup products that i can not live without. I can defintely live without this this mascara though. It's pricey to begin with so I was hoping for miracles. While the gold tube is very classy and glamourful, the mascara itself was a huge disappointment. It clumps terribly and smears and smudges. My next attempt was to wipe away as much mascara off the wand as possible but it still clumped and smudged. I will not be purchasing this mascara begin and I'm majorly bummed.

on 6/3/2007 6:24:00 PM

Nice mascara. It is kind of greasy and needs a little time to dry, but once it does it looks lovely. Full, long lashes. The only reason I will not purchase it again is because it has fragrance & irritates my eyes (what idiot thinks perfume in eye make up is a wise choice?) Good choice for someone who can handle the sent.

on 6/3/2007 8:07:00 AM

Perfect Day Time Mascara.Long lashes,seperates and good volume.
Does dry out pretty quick,lasts only about 2,5 months.Even with cleaning the brush on a regular basis!
Do not recommend for Night Time.By the time you would like to apply a second coat,the masacra is alreay dry and it gets messy.
For a natural great look it's a perfect day time mascara

on 6/2/2007 5:34:00 PM

Absolutely cannot live without this. HG.
I have tried to find replacements because of its price, and how quick it dries out. (Basically you need to replace it every 1 and a half months to 2 months max) but this is the living proof of you get what you paid for. Nothing even comes close to this.
Best mascara ever made for VOLUME.

on 5/30/2007 3:53:00 AM

So far, so good for me. Very nice length and fullness. Reminds me of my old Diorshow but without the clumping. Yet, anyway. Part of my happiness may be that it was at Costco for 15 USD. So if you spy it at Costco, I think you could do worse with your money.

on 5/29/2007 6:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE this mascara. Its fabulous. I can layer it for a VERY dramatic look but one coat is fabulous for everyday (might be a bit much for some people?).

No matter how many layers or how quickly I use it it never flakes or smudges.

I've tried other mascaras but (with the exception of infinicurl and Px false lashes) I've never found anything that worked as well and everything else is a bit too high maintenance. This is great to put on quickly when I'm trying to get out the door as quickly as possible in the morning.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

My HG mascara. I'm telling you that this stuff is AMAZING. I saw it on someone and asked what they had used, thats how i started using it. I don't have great eyelashes. They aren't tooo short but they aren't long at all. They are also very straight and no mascara has ever been able to hold a curl. Ever. Until now. Since i've been using this mascara I have been able to achieve the effect I have always wanted. I think 2 must haves with this mascara are an eyelash curler!! And a comb mascara. At first you'll find that the want is very full with mascara. This is when you'll need the comb the most. A few weeks in and a bit of patience when applying and there will be no need for a comb, yet occasionally, when i lose control and apply a bit too much, I comb it all better :) This stuff holds curl SO amazingly. By the end of the day, i still have the almost exact newly curled look! Tis amaze. If I have to complain about anything it would be how difficult this stuff is to remove! Takes quite a bit of effort. And at one point it was overflowing even though I never pump my mascara :S
But still, this is amazing and has made me enjoy wearing and applying make up again :D

on 5/26/2007 6:05:00 PM

This has probably been a product staple of mine for the past 7 years or so !
Likes : gives good volume to medium to sparse lashes (yes even the problematic bottom ones !), intense black , no clumping (if you comb through afterwards and can apply 2 coats for maximum benefit any more than that and it will look clumpy ) . If you twirl the brush when applying your mascara I find that this mascara holds a slight curl .
Consistent coverage it dresses up your eyes and give you that
good clean polished look to your eyes !!! :-)

Dislikes : smudges a little , but I have found this is very dependent on the type of eye-cream you use . Those with a very oily base tend to dissolve the mascara and so it smudges more , those gel-based eye creams etc tend to hold things in place and the mascara doesn't smudge at all ! This mascara dries out quite quickly , the first 2 weeks are pure bliss , but after that you have about 6 weeks of good use before the tube wants to dry up on you ! Do not pump the wand with this mascara and some people like to try to make this last longer by thinning the formula out , however , I Find that that interferes with the performance of the product , so I suggest just wiping the wand (once) every few days , of excess product , and use what remains on the brush , which tends to work quite well and gives you that consistency within the 6 week period !!!! ;-)

Also this mascara does tend to be quite tenancious when trying to remove it !!!

However , I find that if you just rinse your eyelashes with plain water before using eye-makeup remover , this works well and also saves you tugging at your eyelashes and eyes (as this mascara can also sting if it gets in your eyes !!!)

I hope this helps !!! However if anyone knows of a good mascara which gives that Hollywood starlet look ie. super definiton , Please let me know , I see it everywhere on magazine covers but don't know how to get that look !!! Thank you in advance !!! :-)

on 5/23/2007 9:43:00 PM

I hate the fact that i spend so much on mascara...but the #5 egplant shade is just too gorgeous to pass up..i use it in conjuction with fast lash for a dramatic night out..it makes my eyes just pop....i love the scent...and the packaging..just wish it was cheaper...thats all...