October 25, 2014 | 1400 users online

Mascara - Yves Saint Laurent - Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2007 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Evanescence_rox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG mascara. I'm telling you that this stuff is AMAZING. I saw it on someone and asked what they had used, thats how i started using it. I don't have great eyelashes. They aren't tooo short but they aren't long at all. They are also very straight and no mascara has ever been able to hold a curl. Ever. Until now. Since i've been using this mascara I have been able to achieve the effect I have always wanted. I think 2 must haves with this mascara are an eyelash curler!! And a comb mascara. At first you'll find that the want is very full with mascara. This is when you'll need the comb the most. A few weeks in and a bit of patience when applying and there will be no need for a comb, yet occasionally, when i lose control and apply a bit too much, I comb it all better :) This stuff holds curl SO amazingly. By the end of the day, i still have the almost exact newly curled look! Tis amaze. If I have to complain about anything it would be how difficult this stuff is to remove! Takes quite a bit of effort. And at one point it was overflowing even though I never pump my mascara :S
But still, this is amazing and has made me enjoy wearing and applying make up again :D

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2007 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Ravenus

This has probably been a product staple of mine for the past 7 years or so !
Likes : gives good volume to medium to sparse lashes (yes even the problematic bottom ones !), intense black , no clumping (if you comb through afterwards and can apply 2 coats for maximum benefit any more than that and it will look clumpy ) . If you twirl the brush when applying your mascara I find that this mascara holds a slight curl .
Consistent coverage it dresses up your eyes and give you that
good clean polished look to your eyes !!! :-)

Dislikes : smudges a little , but I have found this is very dependent on the type of eye-cream you use . Those with a very oily base tend to dissolve the mascara and so it smudges more , those gel-based eye creams etc tend to hold things in place and the mascara doesn't smudge at all ! This mascara dries out quite quickly , the first 2 weeks are pure bliss , but after that you have about 6 weeks of good use before the tube wants to dry up on you ! Do not pump the wand with this mascara and some people like to try to make this last longer by thinning the formula out , however , I Find that that interferes with the performance of the product , so I suggest just wiping the wand (once) every few days , of excess product , and use what remains on the brush , which tends to work quite well and gives you that consistency within the 6 week period !!!! ;-)

Also this mascara does tend to be quite tenancious when trying to remove it !!!

However , I find that if you just rinse your eyelashes with plain water before using eye-makeup remover , this works well and also saves you tugging at your eyelashes and eyes (as this mascara can also sting if it gets in your eyes !!!)

I hope this helps !!! However if anyone knows of a good mascara which gives that Hollywood starlet look ie. super definiton , Please let me know , I see it everywhere on magazine covers but don't know how to get that look !!! Thank you in advance !!! :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2007 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Irelandfrvr

I hate the fact that i spend so much on mascara...but the #5 egplant shade is just too gorgeous to pass up..i use it in conjuction with fast lash for a dramatic night out..it makes my eyes just pop....i love the scent...and the packaging..just wish it was cheaper...thats all...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2007 10:22:00 AM More reviews by odanit

This is my favourite mascara so far. I have short sparse Asian eyelashes but this mascara gives them drama. It is a very deep black. I do notice a bit of flaking and smudging though. However, eye makeup always smudges for me.

I do find the mascara a bit too thick and goopy initially and then dries out significantly as others have stated. However, I use an age old trick that the cosmetic counters use: put a bit of gentle lotion (like Cetaphil) into the tube and mix it with your mascara (by swirling the wand around - do not pump the wand!). It will moisturize and thin your mascara as well as condition your lashes. This YSL mascara is my very expensive HG mascara so I try to maximize its life!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2007 1:16:00 PM More reviews by peachykeen01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Considering all the raves and the $28 price tag that this mascara came with, I expected it to be HG material. I think I actually prefer my Maybelline Lash Stylist to this! It thickens better with less coats and the black is more intense. This is more of a natural look mascara IMO, I had to apply to coats to get the look of 1 with Lash Stylist. It does hold a curl better though, and I like the scent, and the tube is pretty. Not worth the price though, so I will not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2007 1:27:00 AM More reviews by alixnaiq

I love the smell of this mascara and it does plump up my lashes in a natural way, but it smudges slightly after a few hours, even when I don't apply any to my bottom lashes. Perhaps it's the humid climate where I live, and I know it's only water-resistant, but considering that I paid SGD$36.60 at duty free, I expected something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2007 8:27:00 AM More reviews by greekgal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful packaging but the mascara needs fine tuning! It clumps....I'm going back to Lancome!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2007 12:05:00 AM More reviews by ahbelle

I got this at the luxasia sale for sgd15 only. Not sure if its near expiry date or wat, its not as wet as a new marscara. The fragrance is overpowering. I got this in a dark green colour which was suitable for work as the green is not too obvious. Not much clumping. Would not recommend as can get better drugstore ones given the high retail price.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2007 4:52:00 AM More reviews by ImBossy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is decent but it totally clumps when layered. I have drugstore mascaras that clump very little /not at all and cost a fraction of the price. If youre a one coat type of woman then yeah this is pretty good. Thats not me so while I see the potential of this product It's not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2007 9:56:00 AM More reviews by hol_eliz

best mascara on the market hands down. but with that said, the life expectancy of this mascara is short lived. because of the pow it delivers to your lashes, and the consistency of the product, buildup on the brush is a major problem with faux cils. I would say typically with everyday use it only lasts maybe 2 months tops. BUT don't let that discourage your decision to buy it- for someone who wants LOTS of volume this is the mascara, plus they come in beautiful other shades like greens, blues, purples, even a burgundy-winey color. Definitely check it out!