MAC #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

4.5

HAIRZ

on 1/6/2009 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I use this brush to apply bronzer. I love how it doesn't pick up too much product and the flawless finish it gives my makeup. Even though 187 has a ton of uses, I don't really reach for it too often. It's a nice brush to have, but not a must have for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Awesome brush. I really don't like wearing liquid foundation as I don't like to look like I'm wearing makeup. That's until I used the 187 brush. Before I used sponges and the coverage was uneven and so hard to blend.

This brush lets me get great natural coverage! Love, love, love!

on 1/3/2009 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Okay I went on a make up brush haul and got a MAC foundation brush, stippling brush, concealer brush and contour brush. I love the brushes but the stippling brush's (#187) hairs fell out a bit but it's got happening anymore. The GOSH Duo Fibre Lightweight Stippling Brush is the business though seriously it's the crap.
x

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Holy Grail brush right here!!! I *LOVE* this for applying my liquid foundations with. Since I've been using this brush to apply my foundation, I've gotten so many compliments on my skin *believe me, my skin is awful without foundation* I've told people that I've just been using a different technique, then the sponge or the foundation brush, and already 2 people I know decided to buy the brush just to apply liquid foundation with. It's good for blush too, but really try it with liquid foundation and you'll never want to go back to a really foundation brush again

**EDIT** Have to take back my HG status for this brush. It was good, but liquid foundation, but I found a much much better brush for stippling with. It's not as dense, as I know wish it was. I've got back to using a wet sponge for my foundation, it's simpler and gives a nice smooth finish + looks more natural.

Another complaint, is that the white part of my brush started going blue---and that blue was going on my face with my foundation! I couldn't get the blue dis-coloration out, no matter what I did, so, it's perfectly useless for me now, but my DH is using it to apply his shaving gel on now, so at least it's not gone in the bin.

on 1/2/2009 7:22:00 PM

If you do not know/understand what raves are all about, buy it and you will know. In Europe it is very expensive (50euros), so I didnít easily gave that money, but now that I did I am so glad, and I will give it again. Applying foundation with it Ė dream. You save your product, and face looks airbrushed. Fantastic!!!! Must have.

on 1/2/2009 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

people make a biiig deal for this for liquid foundation. i like it for powder products more.
when using crea/liqud, it can get streaky, especially around the nose area where it gets harder to blend out.
but it's AMAZING for blush, it applies sheer so it's easy to build and makes it look so fresh. good blush brush and for overall setting powder

on 1/2/2009 12:26:00 AM

This brush can be used for so many things. I love this brush. I use it mostly for liquid foundations. I use the small one for blushes. I really think you get your moneys worth with this brush.

on 1/2/2009 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This brush is awesome. You get a sheer application of foundation, yet great coverage as well. Very nice, but very pricey.

on 12/31/2008 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Meh. To be completely honest i don't really see what all the hype is about this brush. I tried it with liquid foundation today and it was too sheer for me. I prefer my Tarte kabuki brush (i wish i could make a law that everyone has to own this brush). So i've been using the 187 for a blush brush. It does a nice job, but isn't anything that a regular blush brush couldn't do. Maybe i would be more impressed with it if i used it with a darker or super pigmented blush. I use orgasm which is the perfect shade for my skin tone and is really hard for me to overdo so i dont' really worry about using a light hand with it.

on 12/31/2008 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

Holy moly! This brush is good. I never thought a brush could make my life so much easier. I love it, love it, love it. Applies foundation like a dream. So worth getting!

***** 5/19/09 UPDATE ***** Just bought another one! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I have one for powders and another for liquids. If you don't already own it, go out and get one.

Popular Makeup Brushes