December 17, 2014 | 1671 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by AudGreene

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

You know how every now and then, there's a seemingly random product that unexpectedly blows your mind? Well, this was one of those products for me.

This has become my HG mascara after many, many tries and failures (DiorShow, Great Lash, Definicils, etc. - if it's famous, I've tried it). It includes all of the features of my perfect mascara, listed below in rank of importance:

- LENGTH, LENGTH, LENGTH. To me, there is nothing more gorgeous than mile-long lashes. If you're one of those folks who like their lashes at a natural length, High Impact isn't for you.

- NO SMUDGE. I can wear this on my tops and bottoms for the whole day, and it will be in the same place I applied it 16 hours ago.

- THICKNESS WITHOUT CLUMPS. I apply 3 coats to build the perfect volume (not weirdly thick), and it never clumps. With this product, my lash comb is unused, and I'm thrilled about no longer having to separate my lashes with a treacherous safety pin.

I'm surprised this product hasn't gotten the attention it deserves. It is the only Clinique item I own as well as my stranded-on-a-desert-island-with-only-one-makeup-item product.

The product's only flaw is that after 4-5 months, the tube cracks, and the mascara dries out a bit. But if you go through mascara quickly like me (every 3-4 months), this shouldn't prevent you from trying this incredible product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2009 12:01:00 PM More reviews by dominicangirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm typically a Maybelline girl when it comes to mascara, and I usually hate high end brand mascaras. However, I got a sample of high impact when I purchased my acne solutions, so I tried it out.

The brush is very good, it reaches all my lashes, even the tiny ones. It's very good sized - not too big, not too small. There is a scent to the mascara but it's not overpowering and too chemically. The formulation is very good also -- usually mascaras feel hard and crunchy on my lashes, but this one makes my lashes so SOFT! The formula is really smooth and non-clumpy, it applys like a dream. Never have a had a mascara have such a nice, smooth formula before. Needless to say, I experienced no clumping, and I get no flaking or smudging either.

In terms of length, it's decent. One coat of this gives a natural, but nice and polished look. The colour is a very rich black that doesn't look dull and flat like some other mascaras. It's very easy to layer this mascara; 2-3 coats gives really good volume and good length.

Overall, a very good mascara. No clumps/flaking/crunchy feeling/irritation of the eyes...and it provides good length and volume, and holds a curl well. Easy to take off at night too without tugging harshly on the lashes. This would make a GREAT daytime mascara, but you can also punch up the volume for night-time if you layer it. Quite possibly my new HG...?!

UPDATE:- I don't really use this mascara anymore...it irritates my eyes, flakes like crazy, gets clumpy...ugggh, knocking off 2 lippies.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2009 5:27:00 AM More reviews by parvastella22

I received this for a present and I didn't want to disappoint, so I gave it a try. The mascara doesn't blend well for me although it doesn't smudge or clump at all. It just doesn't deliver enough volume and thickness for me to really show a difference in my lashes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 12:39:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am usually a big fan of Clinique for simple, no-fuss cosmetics, including some of their other mascara formulae. So when I got a tube of this as a GWP, I had reasonable, if not high, expectations. It is the WORST mascara I've ever used. My eyes were itch-city (and I generally don't have an insufferable problem with eye makeup, despite being a bit sensitive) and the mascara quickly became smudge-city despite a concerted effort to keep from rubbing. The pay off was nothing to write home about: darkening and defining for a decidedly understated lash. But the worst -- hear me, Clinique? W-O-R-S-T -- thing about this 'scara was its effect on my lashes! My naturally long, thick lashes not only suffered the indignities of me clawing at my eyes by the end of the day, but they started to break off!!! ACK! I've never had this problem with any other mascara -- Clinique, MAC, UD, L;Oreal, Almay, Origins -- never! So this has gone straight to the waste bucket and I've gone down on one knee to pray that my lovely lashes haven't been permanently maimed. Total suck, obv. will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2008 8:42:00 PM More reviews by topcat92

I was bought this product by a friend and immediately I fell in love with the brush. Long and thin, it covers all my lashes in one swoop without being cumbersome at all. It separates my lashes well, there is no clumping with this mascara! I love the length it gives me and while it is by no means a false lash effect, it gives my short lashes the appearance of length and volume which I really like a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 7:12:00 PM More reviews by krw134

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another winner from Clinique for me. After trying a small tube that came with a GWP, I was hooked. It never clumps or flakes on me and does not irritate my eyes. It lengthens and gives volume with out giving me spider-lashes. It seems like High Impact is always included with GWP, so I've never bought it. However, would not hesitate to buy it if I should ever run out of minis.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2008 5:07:00 PM More reviews by legault

Smudges horribly - look like a racoon by mid-day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2008 1:24:00 PM More reviews by yshah0621

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great everyday mascara. Natural looking, volumizing, and pretty lengthening as well. Doesn't clump doesn't flake. The color payoff is also pretty strong.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2008 6:17:00 AM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara definately did not deliver high impact. It did give some length but no volume. If you are looking for a somewhat natural looking lengthing mascara, this would be worth a shot. Personally, I like a more dramatic look, so not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2008 9:39:00 PM More reviews by resco

This mascara lengthens lashes, but does not thicken them. If you are looking for both lengthening and thickening then I recommend, without a doubt, Diorshow mascara. Otherwise, this mascara delivers an excellent lengthening effect. Furthermore, the application runs along the lashes smoothly. However, since the formula dries quickly, I do not bother applying a second coat. As when I try to apply a second coat, I get clumps-- beware. Overall, I do recommend this mascara if your are looking long lashes and flirty peepers. One coat only!