MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I do confess that I have a little bit of a paint pot addiction. While UDPP is a superior primer, I still can't stop buying paint pots. Most of them sit in my drawer of eyeshadow bases slowly decaying, but I find that I use this one quite frequently. It is the perfect fleshy tan color that blends right into my skin with an added brightening effect. It holds my eyeshadows nicely, but if I'm dealing with pigments there's nothing I trust but UDPP. For the traditional pressed powder eyeshadows, this paint pot does the trick and lasts for pretty long. I think that I will buy a second :)

I was excited about trying the MAC paints as everyone here seems to love them. The paint went on feeling heavy and 'grabbed/pulled' at my eye lids. When I tried to apply pigment afterwards, it did not blend well. I won't purchase a MAC paint pot again.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

I've been on a quest to find the best matte nude eyeshadow cream. and it was here all the time.. right in front of my nose.. absolute HG!!! and the product id an excellent base as well... but in the summer i go back to the nude colours but all year long it is the perfect to go shade and base,, adore this little gem!!!!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Again, I always put a 4 for the price of the product, becuase I know that MAC can be expensive but, they do have amazing products that I love.

I am an NC 42-45 and painterly is definately my go to paint pot for an everyday neutral color. It makes my eyeshadow seem more vibrant, not to mention imy eyeshadow doesn't crease. Like i said I use this for an everyday thing, if i'm trying to go for a smokey eye i use Groundworks

I recently got this and tried it on, I thought the texture was really hard but soon to find out it was just the first layer of it and you just had to rub it for abit longer to get the product.
This is EXTREMELY Pigmented and versatile.
I haven't tested the staying power but over the reviews i've read, I doubt it will be a disappointment.
Love this so far! Hopefully getting more paint pot soon!
Update 5/07/09- It creased within the first two hours but i think it was because I didn't know how to apply it properly. I like it but i wouldn't say I love it .. For the price, it is also very expensive for a teenager like me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this! It's great to throw on as a base, or to wear just for a little extra color with very little makeup. Doesn't crease all day, which is fantastic, and something I often have problems with.

Before I discovered this product my shadow used to crease or disappear by the end of the day. Since using this my shadow remains perfect all day. It also evens out the colour on my lid and up to my brow which is nice. I apply it using the ecotools shadow brush which is nice and firm and it blends out perfectly.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Amazing product! I Love MAC Paint Pots! I don't know how I ever got along without them. My eyeshadow blends over it like a dream and stays put all day long into the late evening, it's absolutely flawless until I take it off...and I live in a hot and humid climate! Simply one of the best products out there! It only takes a tiny bit for each use and one Pot seems to last me forever. I'm going to pick up the Soft Ochre shade next, it's similar to Painterly but Soft Ochre is a yellow beige which is better for olive skin tones and painterly is a nude (or more pinky) beige. Either way MAC Paint Pots are definitely on my HG product list.

Okay I hate this stuff. It looks nice the first 10 minutes its on but than becomes blotchy and part of it disappears. Now I don't wear eyeshadow so I don't know if it makes shadows look brighter, but i wear a pencil eyeliner on my top lids and they always wind up creasing and I end up getting all this liner in my crease. My eyelids aren't really oily but I end up with this oily mess a few hours later, on top of that I think that color oxidizes or something because it ends up turning this grayish color. Whatever I'm done with this, I just bought too faced shadow insurance so hopefully its better than this mess. BTW the only good thing I could say about this is that mine never dried out, even when I left the cap off for like hours lol

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am a huge fan of paint pots. This particular one is no exception to the rule. I use it almost daily over my UDPP. It evens out my skin tone, creates a smooth base for color, and ultimately crease-proofs my eyeshadows. Between the paint pots and my UDPP, I never experience any creasing when using this combination of products. I like applying this with either my finger to warm the product and apply it evenly, or my favorite way to apply it is with my 217 brush. The 217 brush applies an even, thin coat of product to my lid. The color is best described as a matte pinky/beige color that matches most skin tones that are light to medium colored. Some people complain of the product drying out quickly. I store my paint pots upside down so that the name faces up. I never have problems with my paint pots drying out. This paint pot sells for $16.50 at your local MAC counter or online at maccosmetics.com. This product is one that I will keep purchasing. I hope that they do not decide to ever discontinue this product because it is a HG product for me!

Top Rated MAC Products