September 20, 2014 | 1881 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by gurluwant2love24

This is the closest eye shadow primer I think I'll EVER like compared to both UDPP, TFSI, etc. Number one, I have super super OILY eyelids that will crease no matter what. I crease a tiny bit using this, but it's easily removable just to "blend the crease" out with a blender brush once it appears, other than that I'm good to go.

Here is how I think these SHOULD be applied to get the most effect out of them with the least amount of creasing:

Make sure you have a brand new pot, because that will make the biggest difference. Do NOT use your fingers to apply, as it will only add excess oily to your eyelids to promote the creasing to happen. Use a simple eyshadow or concealor brush to apply and make sure it's washed daily after every use. Once it has dried put powder over your lids, then apply shadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2009 2:59:00 PM More reviews by dagjshaw

I bought this to copy an Angelina Jolie eye I saw on expertvillage.com. I put vanilla all over the lid, then Painterly up to the crease followed by a cats eye with black eyeliner. I love the neutral look it gives me and it's perfect for this look. Only think I don't like is it can look cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by annak5506

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was hesitant to buy this as I bought delft and didn't like it. I am so glad that I made this purchase. Its a great primer for eyes and I like it better than prep and prime eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Lk21

This is my favourite everyday base to use. Since I don't like to wear eyeshadows on a regular basis, this is perfect for a natural look. It conceals the darkness that I have on my lids, and I top it off with MAC's Brule eyeshadow, which sets it. I even use MAC's Phloof! eyeshadow sometimes, if I want to look more "awake".

I highly recommend this for anyone who wants to try out a Paint Pot, but doesn't know which one to use. These things are like butter! So easy to spread, and they last all day and don't crease.

I plan on getting more shades in the future for sure! And they're not that expensive :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2009 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Kittemans

I like this product but the thing is you can't use it for bright colors. So then i just use UDPP. But for everyday natural's it's a perfect fit!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2009 12:36:00 PM More reviews by lollidolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good product. It dries to a silky finish and the color is almost a perfect match for me. It's just a little more orange than my skin tone but I don't use it alone so it doesn't have to be a perfect match. The thing I dont like is it makes my eyelids crease. I have rather large eyes and alot of eyelid space and it gives me a crease right in the middle. I fix it by putting the tiniest bit of eye cream on them and its fine. I do like that my eyeshadow lasts alot longer. Overall It is a good product and I will continue to use it with some tweaking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this for EVERY makeover that I do. It keeps colors true, from creasing and fading throughout the day.

It's a good eye base for almost every skincolor. It blends beautifully and dries to a soft poweder finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by mdjmsj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a definite HG for me! I use it as a base for all of my eyeshadows, especially my Fyrinnae pigments (because of the slightly sticky consistency). It makes them long lasting, holds the shimmer/glitter without making me look like a disco, and minimizes fall out. Plus, the colors look gorgeous and vibrant, even when applied dry using the patting method. I'm a NW15 and this is a nice match for my skintone. It is just a neutral, slightly rosy shade that is close to my skintone. Applies well, creamy and easy to blend. I like the little screw top jar too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 4:50:00 PM More reviews by rebeccaae

I really really like this product. I'm fair to med and this is almost a perfect matte match for my eyelids. It's so useful.. on it's own, like a said, it's almost a match but makes your lids look flawless and therefore, you, more awake! It also make a great base for shadows and really helps them stay strong and last hours longer. I bought this for that reason but now that i've been using it - i think i might try some other colors just to use as shadows on their own.

The textrure is smooth and applies very easily with your finger (this warms it and makes it apply evenly.. I just love MAC these days, constantly impressed!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2009 9:06:00 PM More reviews by cherrim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite product to use as an eyeshadow base or just to wear alone. It evens out the color of my reddish eyelids, smooths out the skin, and loose pigments adhere quite well. My eyelids are slightly dry. I find it is easy to blend with this as a primer (unlike UDPP which I find interferes with blending). No creasing all day if used as a base. The finish looks convincingly natural when I'm trying to go for the no makeup look.