April 20, 2014 | 1640 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Tennyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Reference: I'm a NC37-42 (yellow based Asian skin) using Beige Medium 2-2.5.
    +Pros: Great setting powder, a little bit of colour, Product long lasting, Matte-look(good for oilyskin)
    -Cons:Packaging is silly, mirror should of been on top, i would like more colour selection. (perhaps medium yellow based-beige power)

=Verdict: Might repurchase, but i will be trying other products.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by lala01

LOVE this powder. For all those that dislike this product, just thought I should share that this is meant to be a setting powder-- not a foundation (though you can use it as your foundation in you choose), thats why its labeled as a "powder" not a powder foundation. Anyway, I have oily skin and this powder is the only setting powder I have tried that keeps my face in check for hours. I even took a nap today and woke up with a fresh face! Better than MUFE HD. btw, I use this over my revlon colorstay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 7:25:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really liked it. Nice cheap powder. Maybelline tests on animals and I have gone cruelty free so it's getting canned.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2010 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Apheo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

it was chalky and doesnt conceal well, but it does control oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by hellomelia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this product! It wont make your face look cakey at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by dh494

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i wasn't even looking for a powder per se, because i have fairly dry/flaky skin. stumbled upon this in good old duane reade and remembered the positive MUA reviews! this is a fantastic product! provides just the right amount of coverage, doesn't look powdery and doesn't oxidize after 6+ hours. a dream, indeed.

previously used laura mercier, extremely heavy coverage and powdery finish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 12:25:00 AM More reviews by DianaBlackbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would have never picked this out on my own because I'm not too fond of cheap drugstore brand powders because of having past horrible experiences. I got this in a swap and decided to give it a try since I've read so many good reviews on here about it. I have to agree with everyone who swears by this. I normally use studio fix powder after applying the foundation for fix ups later in the day. The thing is studio fix powder leaves your face even greasier if you have oily skin. I dont know why it does that but with maybellines it makes my face so matte. It doent have much coverage since its powder and not foundation so if your light almost any light shade will do because its pretty translucent, I'm nc20 and fair light 0-1 works well on me. Its only been a couple of days but if this powder keeps it up I will be switching powders for good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by jolie0216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product but HATE the packaging - the whole swivelling compact deal is so STUPID & inconvenient.......if this powder was just packaged in a regular compact, it would be total love..........but its not a big enough deal to keep me from re-purchasing.

the powder itself is great in my opinion......it's pretty sheer & light to me, but it works great to set my MAC foundation, and is basically just a great mattifier for my oily skin. I do need to check my face & retouch once every couple of hours, but I do have very oily skin, so that is normal for me & i don't blame it on the powder not lasting -my face is just super super oily!! A must-have for oily-skinned girls who need to maintain a matte facial appearance all day......plus its cheap as all get out, and does a good enough job i dont feel at all compelled to hit up the mac counter & ask for a powder.....this stuff is effective & makes my oily face look GREAT (never though i'd be giving a maybelline product such a positive review, but they got it right with this one!!)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Meghan0307

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is honestly the best drugstore powder! It does NOT make your face look powdery at all, and it mattifies your face for a long time! The packaging is great, there's a little sponge & mirror underneath. This is def comparable to the mac mineralized skinfinish natural! You need to try this amazing powder!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by LCMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: My first impressions on this foundation was that I hated it when I got it in a really light colour, but I was given one that was more suited to my colour and I really like it! Its got a great coverage and it leaves the skin looking clear and matte. I don't like the compact however, it's so annoying.