Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

on 2/26/2007 4:10:00 PM

I have the Definicils Pro (in deep brown)-- this one has a nice curved brush. My lashes are already on the long side so with this mascara the effect is rather dramatic... for me it's best as an evening mascara. My one complaint is that it doesn't add a lot of volume.

on 2/25/2007 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I only had a sample of this. It made my lashes long but they are very stiff and no volume. I did not like this product at all

on 2/24/2007 3:38:00 PM

For the money this is my favorite mascara. It lifts, separates and lengthens my lashes without getting clumpy. I wish it lasted a little longer, but I do LOVE it!

on 2/24/2007 3:09:00 PM

Just tried this in a sample size and it clumped so badly I had to wash it off. A definite no for me. I'm so glad I didn't buy it.

on 2/22/2007 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Pretty much like every other mascara I've tried.
Not terribly impressed.
Lashes stick together just like everything else.
And my search for my favorite mascara continues...

on 2/19/2007 5:48:00 PM

LOVE this mascara. This give the best definition without using a lash comb and it never clumps. I love it because it makes my lashes look super long and I have medium length Asian lashes.

on 2/5/2007 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I started using this just over a month ago, and it has become my every day mascara. It doesn't really add any length to my lashes, but it doesn't clump, smudge, flake, or get in my eyes like other mascaras tend to. As with almost every mascara I've ever used, there are a few clumps, but my handy Sonia Kashuk metal lash comb kills those without trouble. In the end, I'm left with dramatic black lashes that don't look unnatural or spidery, and last the whole day, which is exactly what I'm looking for a mascara.

More than a year later, and I still find that this is the mascara that I keep coming back to. It's definitely a keeper.

on 2/4/2007 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ok this is my first review ever, ive been reading all you reviews for a while now n based on that decided to buy Defnicils. It was my first high end mascara ever n was amazed at first by the results. What i loved most about this mascara is that the bristles are very had and so i can feel them actually controlling my lashes n therefore giving the perfect separation. The length i get out of this is also not bad at all. But i realised lately that i need a bit more curve out of a mascara, and while i still don't know how to use the GWP fatale mascara i got and get very clumpy way-over-made-eyes with it i can still c it has a better curling effect than defnicils. Going to explore more lancome mascaras next but would definately repurchase defincils again if i dont find what im looking for.

P.S. can an expert fatale user please pos a how-to-use tip for all of us out there struggling to make it work, heard too many good things to just give up on it. Thank you

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think this is a fabulous mascara! My eyelashes are pretty long and not too thin, my main mascara concerns are smearing, flaking, and looking too spidery. I have tried every mascara under the sun. Seriously. Before I found this I was rotating maybelline full n soft, diorshow and diorshow waterproof. I liked all of them, but all of them smeared on me. I nearly died of shock the first day I used this, because in the evening I was getting ready to wash my face, looked in the mirror, and realized this mascara had actually stayed on my lashes and did not migrate to my face. Hurrah! I dont know why this took me so long to try, the price is a little steep, but for me it is worth it to finally find a mascara that is more waterproof than any waterproof mascara I've tried. It also lenghthens, slightly thickens, and holds a curl. The only thing is it is a little bit clumpy, but thats ok by me.

I don't think this is clumpier than any usual mascara, say, L'Oreal Voluminous. But for me its selling point is that this stuff will NOT SMUDGE after a day of wear, in light rain or if you are doing something that requires a lot of "looking down" (reading, etc.). It is also easy to remove, unlike waterproof mascara, and lengthens and defines the lashes very well. Only complaint is that it doesn't condition the lashes much and it's fairly expensive. But full day budge-proof wear, makes lashes look beautiful, I am for sure repurchasing.

Popular Mascaras