July 25, 2014 | 1831 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2006 1:42:00 PM More reviews by dvf_diva

Love this product and is probably my fave mascara of all time!
I have sparse, thin lashes of medium length. It is the Definicils brush that does it for me -- it catches and surrounds each lash with mascara, so I don't always need to comb it down with my metal-tooth lash brush. Like the name says, it defines. I use something else if I want volume (like Fatale), but that requires a lot more work because it needs to be brushed out. But not my Definicils. This is something I can easily reapply at the office before heading out to dinner/drinks. Love it! I'd give it 5 lippies if it did not flake off as much, though a coat of Cils Booster beforehand can lessen that problem.
Next, I'm going to try their Pro package with the curved wand... continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2006 3:56:00 PM More reviews by skygirl78

I don't know why I keep trying to find something in Lancome that I like. I bought this mascara b/c the SA told me this is the best selling mascara in the world. So I bought it as I am on a never ending spree to find the best mascara. I hate this mascara. It is the absolute worst mascara I have ever tried. I have very short blond eyelashes and this did nothing for them. My husband keeps asking me what is wrong with my eyes as it just doesn't do anything. Oh well off I go still looking.......

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2006 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Goddess_Dreams

I have naturally long eyelashes, (not overly long but I’m happy with them). They are not overly thick either, but I’ve got plenty and I could never complain. Now, what this mascara does is really incredible however, it makes my eyelashes look as though they were photo-shopped to go into a fashion magazine! I love the way it separates and makes them look even fuller, thicker, longer and more voluminous – this mascara is fantastic. It goes on very clean, never smudging, flaking or clumping: (I hate it when mascara clumps). The ease with which I can remove this at the end of the day was a deal sealer for me. It comes off without any difficulty, without leaving any streaks on my face or remnants on my lashes. The price for this ‘miracle’ is well worth what you get in the end.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2006 1:16:00 PM More reviews by mah2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I do not understand all the hype with this mascara. I have read that this is the #1 selling mascara, so I finally gave in and paid the high price. This is no better than any drugstore mascara, in fact it's worse. It does give some seperation to the lashes, which make my thin lashes look thinner. It adds NO volume or length. Back to Belk it goes, I will stick w/ the much cheaper, better drugstore brands.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2006 7:53:00 PM More reviews by gal_26

Not worth the money. This is everything I hate in a mascara - it flakes, it clumps and it smudges.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2006 7:28:00 PM More reviews by amanda_joh

This product made my lashes instantly clump. They looked then and crisy like spider legs, which made them look short and its supposed to be a legthening mascara. If you want nice thick long curly lashes use maybelline full and soft one coat then curl. When they're a dry they'll still be soft so comb and curl again, then use Shiseido base and another coat of maybelline right after. You'll have long thich lashes that will hold the curl all day. It's amazing! I know definicils was a lengthening product not a thickening product but thick lashes look longer because it defines the entire length of the lash, so defined thickening is what you really want.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2006 1:11:00 PM More reviews by buttercup719

I bought this because of the positive feedback that I had heard from everyone, but I hate it. It is no better than anything I could have purchased at a drugstore. After only a few hours, it ususally ends up under my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2006 8:38:00 PM More reviews by laurencane

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product really lengthens as it separates. My eyelashes look full, long and distinct when I apply this mascara. My only problem is that for the price, the product does not seem to last long enough. About 1 month after I have opened it, I find the mascara to be a little dry and sticky--not as fresh as other mascaras tend to be after 1 month. By 2.5 months I have to throw out the tube because it is too dry. It is probably the best mascara I have ever tried, but that only lasts for about 1 month.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2006 7:37:00 PM More reviews by psyche_07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After all the great things I heard about this mascara, I really wanted to love it. Unfortunately, its performance is on par with cheap drugstore mascara that doesn't deliver the goods. Problems with Definicils are: lengthens my already long eyelashes into sharp, unattractive points; causes the lashes to stick together, magnifying the "pointy" effect, and making them *very* difficult to separate with a lash comb; does nothing for lash volume, as in, no noticeable thickening; looks totally unnatural; worst of all, within about an hour, it starts to rub off on the area around my eyes, eventually leading to a raccoon look. Very disappointing!! I mistakenly bought this product thinking the GWP mascara I had received was this product (turns out it was Elizabeth Arden mascara...which I love), but decided to go ahead and order it after reading the reviews. Definitely NOT worth the ridiculous price.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2006 2:57:00 PM More reviews by kristikat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the way the thin brush gets into the corners of my eyes, but it didn't do much to plump them up (even after several coats). I have since switched to Avon Super Full and couldn't be happier!