April 23, 2014 | 1892 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2006 5:49:00 PM More reviews by ErCar

I know this gets a bad rap on the hair board, but I actually like this very much.I have lived off of Vo5 Miracle Mist for the last yr. I've literally gone through about 10 bottles of that stuff and I love it. But I went to the drug store last week to buy more and saw this on the shelf. Since it was bigger and only a dollar more I thought i'd give it a try. It has a pleasant smell and it sprays more evenly than the Vo5. After blow-drying, my hair wasn't stiff or crunchy at all (which I am always nervous about) but shiny and soft. I've used it twice now with the same results. However on the boards someone posted that they had good results with this at first and then it completely dried out their hair, so I will up-date this review when I have been using it longer.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2006 4:49:00 PM More reviews by pinkbaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like TRESemme products usually, mainly their shampoos and conditioners, but their "Instant Heat Tamer Spray" did absolutely nothing for me. I thought at the very least it would make my shinier or softer, but it didn't. Don't waste your money! The only reason I gave it a two was because it was cheap and I did like the spray bottle...probably not very good reasons.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2006 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Mayerpod

This SERIOUSLY does NOTHING. Save your money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2006 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Ms_Stressa

I am one of the few who didn't have a good experience with this product. I got it because it was recommended in Shop Etc. magazine, and it seemed like a real bargain. Unfortunately, it didn't do much to protect my hair during drying or flat iron use, and it left my hair feeling 'crunchy', no matter how little product I used. I ended up tossing it and switching to V05 Miracle Spray. At least it wasn't expensive, so no big loss.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2006 5:58:00 PM More reviews by pinup_chick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't think this stuff actually does anything to prevent heat damage, but it smells nice and makes a decent leave-in conditioner/detangler. I'd buy again because it's cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2006 2:14:00 PM More reviews by cwalters1218

I use this when I flat iron my hair or before I blowdry. I love the way the really fine mist seems to coat every strand. Only drawback was the spray nozzel..it's a little akward to use at first but it gets more comfy after a little while. Seems to do a great job protecting my hair from the heat. It makes it shiny and smells great...hair feels soft afterwards too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2006 12:39:00 AM More reviews by kinipela

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't use this as a styling product but just as a protector.

The smell is fine, nothing special and my color-treated hair is not as dry and brittle.

For the price...YIPPEEEE...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2005 11:59:00 AM More reviews by camaro9510950

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow this product is wonderful. My friends told me to get it after I had tried everything to bring back the shine and smoothness to my hair. Not only does it smell great...it has a really great spray nozzle like a fine mist so when I style it looks like I walked out of a salon...I couldn't believe it but this did the trick. My hair was so damaged...long colored blonde...I flat iron..but after honeymooning in Key West snorkeling...the weather sun salt did a number. This was wonderful ..my hair is the healthiest its been in a while. I am buying this again!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2005 9:58:00 AM More reviews by l0ve

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This made my hair SO shiny. It smells really good too and the sprayer is very easy to use.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2005 2:44:00 AM More reviews by sadbabykitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I had been using VO5 miricle mist for a while, so i figured i would give this a shot since it comes in a larger size bottle and was around the same price. And all i have to say is that VO5 is diffinatly way better.