November 24, 2014 | 1905 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2007 6:19:00 AM More reviews by themarshmalo

I really like this! I've been using it for months for my hair. I have very long, thick, straight hair that I blow dry every day, so I try to protect it. I DO use this with Paul Mitchell Quick Slip, so perhaps the softness of my strands can be attested to THAT. But, I think it does the job and it's cheap. Nexxus has something similar but I refuse to pay $15 for a spray.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2007 1:06:00 AM More reviews by squiggles37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I haven't noticed much difference when using this, except that my hair smells a lot nicer. The pump is a little awkward, but it has a wide spray range which allows for more distribution of the product in less time. I feel like this makes my hair feel a little sticky, but maybe that's because when I straighten my hair, the flat iron doesn't steam out all of the product. Anyway, it's something I could live without.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2007 7:34:00 PM More reviews by HotttestBlde

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is average. I like the VO5 Miracle Mist better. Yes, the Tresemme comes in a larger container; however, the VO5 delivers superior results. I won't repurchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2007 12:39:00 AM More reviews by allsmiles123

I was told by a hairdresser that it's important to use this type of spray when using a flat iron because it absorbs the heat before your hair does. Well, I blow dry and flat iron my hair daily and the last thing I need is more damage to my hair, so I decided to pick up this product. I spray it all over my hair but concentrate moreso on the ends. The product hasn't changed the effects of my other hair products so that's a plus. I've also noticed that my hair has been softer. Because I don't want to fry my hair, I'll continue to use this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2007 2:36:00 PM More reviews by witchcurlgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just wanted to drop a line to the poster below. I was shopping this weekend, and almost bought the Nexxus spray. Then I picked this up, read the ingredients and saw that they are exactly the same. So I spent $3.99 on this instead of $12.99 on the Nexxus.

The product worked well. It made my hair smooth when I ironed it, and its been holding up well. The spray has helped my style stay looking good for a few days.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2007 3:13:00 PM More reviews by ksdjfklsdjf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use this because I wanted something that would protect my hair while hairdrying and straightening it. It made my hair soft and shiny. I stopped using it now...although it claims to protect your hair i couldnt see any real difference because it still looked a little damaged. I do believe it helped keep frizz down and minimized the damage somewhat though. Im now going to try a similar product called Heat Protexx by Nexxus...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2007 5:09:00 AM More reviews by chitown73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've gotta say, rarely am I ever impressed with a drugstore hair product, but this stuff is terrific!

I have very fine, straight, long, layered, dark brown hair which I color every six weeks with a semi-permanent color to hide my handful of gray hair. Because I blow dry my hair every day with a large ceramic round brush for volume, and occasionally use a curling iron, my hair is prone to split ends.

I just switched salons and got a new hair cut, and the stylist used a heat protecting spray, which gave my hair such volume and shine without the usual dry ends. The stuff she used was $18 at the salon (it was an obscure fancy brand and I don't remember the name), and was a little beyond my budget, so I decided to see what I could find at the drugstore before investing too much money.

I looked at the VO5 that another lady mentioned here, and as she said, the ingredients are identical to the Tresemme. If my memory served me right, they are also basically the same ingredients as the stuff my stylist used. At the regular price, the bottle of Tresemme is larger and cheaper than VO5, so I went with Tresemme because it was also on sale.

Before applying my volumizing mousse, I sprayed about a dozen pumps of the heat protector on and combed it through from root to ends with a wide-toothed comb. Then I went about my usual routine of drying my hair upside down until 80% dry, and then sectioned off the hair and finished drying it using my ceramic round brush. The results were as good as, if not better than, what I got in the salon. All day long my hair stayed fluffy, soft and shiny. No more crispy ends.

Now, to be fair, I haven't tried using this product with a flat iron, so I don't know how well it will work with one. But my dryer gets super hot, and the ceramic brush heats up really hot too.....to the point that I get that "steam" that rises up when the product is burning off, just as you get when using a flat iron. I know that in any case, whether using a curling iron or flat iron it's really important to make sure that your hair is 100% dry and cooled down first so that the cuticle is smooth before you iron it or you will lose the moisture inside the hair shaft......or at least that's what the stylists tell me.

Anyway, after a week of using this stuff I am really pleased and will continue to use it! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2006 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Banana_Babe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Eh, it's just ok for me. It smells good, but I'm not sure what else it does for your hair. After heat styling, my hair looks the same whether or not i used this. Kind of annoying waiting for it too dry, and the little spray nozzle broke, so I had to transfer to another bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2006 9:09:00 AM More reviews by MarianNorris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm only giving it a three because apparently it works for a lot of others but not for me...otherwise I'd probably give it a 1. I took it right back to Wal-mart after using it once. It made my hair gummy feeling and didn't see where it detangled AT ALL...although that's not what it's supposed to do anyway but I hoped. My hair is very fine and this stuff made it hard to blowdry as my hair kept sticking together making my brush get stuck...the last thing I need is my brush breaking my already dry ends! I grabbed a bottle of Suave Kids detangling spray and found it much better..I have written a review on that product...still searching though...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2006 1:47:00 AM More reviews by selmasoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I watched as a professional hairdresser fixed my daughter's hair for her prom last year. Needless to say, after she was finished with her hair and using a similiar product, she had BEAUTIFUL Jessica Simpson hair. She told her to use a "heat protectant spray" on her hair while she used a curling iron-(or flat iron)-in it from now on. I purchased TRESemme Instant Heat Tamer Spray and it really does protect your hair from any furthur damage and seems to make your hair stay in place...it just looks better overall. Highly recommended and at a great price too!