August 21, 2014 | 1039 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2006 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Banana_Babe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Eh, it's just ok for me. It smells good, but I'm not sure what else it does for your hair. After heat styling, my hair looks the same whether or not i used this. Kind of annoying waiting for it too dry, and the little spray nozzle broke, so I had to transfer to another bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2006 9:09:00 AM More reviews by MarianNorris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm only giving it a three because apparently it works for a lot of others but not for me...otherwise I'd probably give it a 1. I took it right back to Wal-mart after using it once. It made my hair gummy feeling and didn't see where it detangled AT ALL...although that's not what it's supposed to do anyway but I hoped. My hair is very fine and this stuff made it hard to blowdry as my hair kept sticking together making my brush get stuck...the last thing I need is my brush breaking my already dry ends! I grabbed a bottle of Suave Kids detangling spray and found it much better..I have written a review on that product...still searching though...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2006 1:47:00 AM More reviews by selmasoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I watched as a professional hairdresser fixed my daughter's hair for her prom last year. Needless to say, after she was finished with her hair and using a similiar product, she had BEAUTIFUL Jessica Simpson hair. She told her to use a "heat protectant spray" on her hair while she used a curling iron-(or flat iron)-in it from now on. I purchased TRESemme Instant Heat Tamer Spray and it really does protect your hair from any furthur damage and seems to make your hair stay in place...it just looks better overall. Highly recommended and at a great price too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2006 7:57:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After this won the cosmo mag beauty award, and has been raved about by hair stylists I had to try it. Yes, you do need a barrier between your hair and heat. Something to lightly coat the outer layer like this will help. It won't be a miracle, but it does help stop damage. It works for most hair, but all you can do is try it and see if it works for you. My results are great, so I'm sticking with it until they decide to stop making it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2006 6:32:00 PM More reviews by TheLauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Some of you have been commenting on the merits of this product versus V05's miracle mist. I just wanted to let you guys know that other than fragrance the two products are the same. The ingredient lists for both read exactly the same and they are both made by Alberto-Culver USA. If one works well for you the other one should as well so just pick which one is either cheaper or smells better!
I currently have the V05 version but since they're the same I'll go ahead and give this product my praise. I straighten my hair almost every day, and I started noticing my bangs getting that crispy, fried look so I knew I had to use some sort of heat protection product. Well, this stuff really works. I don't notice that it makes my hair any easier to style but I just spray it on my dry hair right before straightening it to protect it. Now, months after purchasing it I haven't had any more problems with dry, over-heat-styled hair. It's great stuff!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2006 8:18:00 PM More reviews by diggity

Works well. Nice, light smell and SUPER cheap. I just prefer serum or creams as pre-heat treatments. They seem to work better with my hair type.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2006 4:09:00 PM More reviews by mousquerader

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is good. I like how the mist is very light and controllable. I never straighten my hair without it since it helps to keep my hair straight all day. It smells good, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2006 10:56:00 PM More reviews by spooky_natalya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

cheap, and effective! really made a difference when blow drying my hair and that ultra fine mister is great! it's like it gets ever single hair, i can't live without this, it really put a stop to frizzies and gave me a nice gloss. made my hair way more managable too!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2006 10:42:00 AM More reviews by tualmarebelde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I blow dry my hair everyday and this product left my hair very dry and crispy! has anyone else had the same experience?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2006 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Nelly126

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! It's my HG. I have tried practically every leave in/heat styler possible from drugstores and high end products. They all seem to work like a charm the first 2-3 uses and then they coat the hair and it does not work any longer. This product has worked for me and given me beautiful results with EVERY use. I have waist length curly hair. I use this for blow drying my hair and as a leave in also in letting my hair air dry. I just towel dry my hair, spray the heat tamer, detangle my hair and then start the scrunching process. My hair air drys into beautiful curls, shiny, healthy and super soft. I receive compliments all the time while my hair is straight or curly and I owe it to this product. Give it a shot. Leaves the hair super soft, weightless and not feeling as if there is any product at all on it. Which is a huge plus in my book.