LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

on 5/4/2005 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this product was nothing i expected, and did not resolve in water at all. it was not exactly cleansing, but still felt oddly ok.

after about 2 weeks time now, i love this thing! to resolve this in water, i crush a peanut size ball in my palm with very little water using my thumb, then it becomes workable paste. and this makes my skin soft and clearer.

i would not reccommend this if you have oily skin. i have sensitive normal to dry skin, and still this product feels pretty oily. good way of oily, not sticky or greasy at all.

ADDED: i would not buy LUSH's 'fresh' items any more. this angels got rotten in 2 month time. and i got a new aqua marina from the shop and found out the expiry date sticker was amended by the shop owner.

CANNOT TRUST lush items any more especially this kind of fresh items. BEWARE!

I had such high hopes for this product, and they were utterly crushed. When I first opened it up, a waft of fresh herbs was a pleasant surprise. The scent is calming and refreshing at the same time, and is the only reason why I gave it a 2 instead of a 1. Beyond that it was too difficult to use!

The ingredients are Ground Almonds, Glycerine, Kaolin, Lavender Oil, Rose Absolute, and Lavender Flowers so there wasn't really a soluble vehicle to hold it all together as a paste, even when I filled my hands with water and tried to mix the stuff together. I felt as if I was just taking the almonds and herbs and scraping them against my skin instead of applying a cleanser. My face was bright red as if I had just scratched it up!

Not to mention one single use took a large portion and at $10 for a little plastic tub that becomes an expensive habit real quick! I attempted to use this 3 times before returning it to the store and exchanging it for a couple of their cleansing bars (much better, by the way!).

on 4/25/2005 1:50:00 PM

Nothing special about it. It's kinda oily.

on 4/22/2005 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the best cleanser I have found for skin. It keeps my skin clean, clear and glowing. The almond bits are a great gentle exfoliant.

The package leaves a bit to be desired...and it is important to keep out any water, otherwise the product will get moldy and be ruined.

on 4/18/2005 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This has done a lot for my skin- it has made it look a lot clearer. Plus I love the lavender scent.

on 4/12/2005 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Ok, so the packaging is crap. We all know that. However, one should never judge a book by it's cover.... which actually applies twofold with this product as, at first sight, it looks pretty awful. Grey, grainy gunk with little pip-like bits stuck in it. However, this gunk will soon become your best friend if you, like me, happen to suffer from psychotic skin that likes to be exceptionally greasy yet flaky at the same time. All flakes are gently sloughed off (as opposed to sand-blasted off with nasty sharp particles) and grease is kept to a minimum afterwards. You are left with a squeaky clean, but not tight, sensation that lasts a lot longer than many of AOBS's more expensive and less impressive counterparts from other brands. Highly recommmended.

on 3/31/2005 5:45:00 PM

This product is AWESOME. It smells heavenly (It's full of fresh lavendar), and it's very kind to my skin. My skin literally glows after I'm done with it.
The only con? It is kind of hard to get used to using... you have to mix it with water yourself and then use it. But you get the hang of it fast.

Go into lush and ask them for a sample, you'll love it!

on 3/2/2005 1:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been using Angels on Bare Skin for several years, and it's my HG facial scrub. It's gentle enough for me to use in the winter, when my skin gets dry, but it's still effective in the summer. I love its all-natural recipe: almonds, lavender buds, and a little glycerin. Sometimes I just pat a little bit on, and rinse it off; sometimes I apply it more thickly and leave it on for a minute or two, as a mini-mask. Cleansing, smoothing, and soothing. I'm devoted to Angels.

on 2/21/2005 10:53:00 PM

I love this stuff! The smell is wonderful and fresh and herby. Very strong lavender but more complex. It lasts a long time too because you only have to use about a pea-sized amount each time. I like to add a dab of shower gel (Lush's Bnever) to it to make it easier to use, but even without that it's pretty easy. My skin feels and looks amazing! It's so silky soft and the tone is excellent! I noticed a difference the first time I used it.

on 2/11/2005 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Wanna love it, gotta hate it. Smells to me like stale beer (I hate beer). Getting it out of the container is ridiculous (it's packed in there hard) and when you do finally get it out, it's crumbly and difficult to spread around. I rub and rub and rub since it mostly just falls off (yes...I'm using water with it), then when I rinse, it feels like a film is left behind. When I use toner afterwards, the cotton pad comes off covered in makeup and dirt, so it's just not cleaning my face no matter how long I scrub it for. I usually like LUSH products, but this one blows.
UPDATE: OK...I've finally used up the container, and I have to admit when I'm wrong. It has made my skin very soft and glowy. While it still smells like ass soaked in beer, I've gotten used to using it and now that I don't have it, I really miss it! :P