October 25, 2014 | 1753 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2004 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Stephanie2378

I use this daily after using Ocean Salt on my T-zone. Leaves my face baby-soft! I hate the scent of lavender but it IS calming and tolerable since the end results are phenomonal. I have VERY sensitive skin yet I NEVER react to this product. I don't mind the packaging because the packaging wouldn't make my skin look or feel any better, the PRODUCT is what I'm buying. I have had several complements on my skin since using LUSH products and have had my skin described as flawless (It can't get any better than that) several times. I would jump off a cliff if this product was no longer available.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2004 8:58:00 PM More reviews by lekatzen

I am so , eh, about this. It smells nice but it really doesn't feel like it's getting my skin clean. Especially not after reading the ingredients. Sample first!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2004 11:10:00 PM More reviews by sweetandsappy

This stuff did wonders for my skin but it left a huge mess in the bathroom. Soon it kind of "melted" and didn't cleanse as well. For that reason I did not purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2004 2:45:00 AM More reviews by kolokithaki

I love this and use it several times aweek. It doesn't feel harsh on my skin, yet leaves it glowing! A small pot lasts forever as you only need the tiniest amount. The lavender smell is lovely. My main criticism would be the packaging-which although practical-has to be hidden as it's so ugly! Have repurchased before and will again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2004 6:46:00 PM More reviews by glamourmama

So I have tried practically everything from LUSH, but AOBS had never really caught my attention. Sure, I had heard lots of raves about it, but thought it was definately not for my combo/oily skin. I assumed it was for dry skin and would leave me greasy, plus, I didnt think I needed another 'scrub'. Well I FINALLY ordered some of this. It got here today and I immediately went to the bathroom to wash. I didnt have a whole lot of makeup on, just some tinted moisturizer and powder so I didnt worry about it not removing all my makeup. I wet my face with one hand, scooped some out of the tub with my dry hand and rubbed it together. I applied it all over my face, rubbing it it good. Then as I was rinsing, I noticed that there was some kind of 'film' or so I thought, that wouldnt rinse completely off. (I am used to stripping cleansers). I patted my face dry and........HOLY CRAP! My skin is soooo freakin soft, with no residue at all. No flakes, no shiny spots, no grease, no makeup left. Just smooth SOFT skin. And I never get soft skin on my face!!! This stuff is amazing!!! It's not so much of a 'scrub' like I thought, it just has a couple bits in it that you can feel rubbing on your face; so it's not harsh at all. I hope the tub lasts a long time, but I definately plan to repurchase when this runs out. Yet another score for LUSH! *ETA* I think my skin is reacting to this :( I really wanted to love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2004 8:04:00 AM More reviews by Rebecca35

I must say this is a great product once you get the hang of using it. I do think this is more for people with dry skin that can take a good exfoliation otherwise it may irritate sensitive skin. it makes my skin glow and I use it all over!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2004 7:26:00 PM More reviews by tourmaline2777

I really like this cleanser/exfoliator. I use it in the morning and I love the way it makes my skin feel silky and smooth. I have oily/combo skin and Aobs has never left my face oily. I would not recommend it for sensitive skin or for make up removal. I will buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2004 5:49:00 PM More reviews by sugarandspite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i feel very oldfashiondy when i use this scrub since it just looks like mud & herbs. i hate the plasticy container it comes in, but i guess it's practical. the smell reminds me of fresh farm beauty, and it is a very gentle scrub, i could use it every day.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2004 10:45:00 AM More reviews by little_miss_makeup

WOW!. This stuff's amazing. I've always been a bit anti-Lush. The overpowering smells coming from the shop door as you walk past have always put me off venturing inside (apologies to those who love it) but after being bowled over by one of the bath bombs (given to me as a present) I decided it might be worth a second look. Along with a couple more bath bombs I purchased this and can't believe how good it is. Its a cleanser with mild exfoliating properties and made from natural ingredients. I use it a bit like Dr H's cleansing cream - a kind of rolling and pressing motion which seems to work well for me- and of course it's much cheaper which is a big plus. The downside is that you sometimes need to use a make-up remover first as it's not that effective on stubborn make-up like mascara etc.. and the packaging is kind of crap, like the flimsy tubs you get at a the deli-counter in the supermarket. My only other reservation is the shelf-life of these types of products. With no preservatives to keep them 'fresh' I'm a bit concerned that my pot won't keep long. especially in a steamy bathroom... This aside the 'pros' this has on my skin far outweigh the cons and I will be re-purchasing. UPDATE- this started turning a greeny colour at the bottom of the jar this week and smells a bit iffy- think its gone off?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2004 8:47:00 PM More reviews by moongrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

AOBS, how do I love thee? This is a very unique, sweetly scented, and nearly edible facial cleanser. I like to dampen my face, rub a little on, and let it dry a bit as I relax in the bath. It's great since you only need the tiniest amount to scrub yourself silly so the pot lasts for half of ever.