LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

on 2/21/2005 10:53:00 PM

I love this stuff! The smell is wonderful and fresh and herby. Very strong lavender but more complex. It lasts a long time too because you only have to use about a pea-sized amount each time. I like to add a dab of shower gel (Lush's Bnever) to it to make it easier to use, but even without that it's pretty easy. My skin feels and looks amazing! It's so silky soft and the tone is excellent! I noticed a difference the first time I used it.

on 2/11/2005 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Wanna love it, gotta hate it. Smells to me like stale beer (I hate beer). Getting it out of the container is ridiculous (it's packed in there hard) and when you do finally get it out, it's crumbly and difficult to spread around. I rub and rub and rub since it mostly just falls off (yes...I'm using water with it), then when I rinse, it feels like a film is left behind. When I use toner afterwards, the cotton pad comes off covered in makeup and dirt, so it's just not cleaning my face no matter how long I scrub it for. I usually like LUSH products, but this one blows.
UPDATE: OK...I've finally used up the container, and I have to admit when I'm wrong. It has made my skin very soft and glowy. While it still smells like ass soaked in beer, I've gotten used to using it and now that I don't have it, I really miss it! :P

on 2/7/2005 10:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

AOBS was the first Lush Item I ever tried. I'm so glad I did. This has replaced St. Ives as my HG scrub. How intensely it exfoliates depends on how hard your scrub and how much water you mix in with the product.

I have to agree, the packaging sucks, especially for travel. The product can be a bit difficult to use the first few times, until you learn what application method works best for you.

on 2/1/2005 8:11:00 PM

Not the best LUSH product in my humble opinion. First of all, I'm not too fond of the scent, since lavender tends to cause me bad migraine. :-(

It was a bit too thick and to gritty for my liking. But I must admit that it does leave the skin very soft.

The packaging definitely sucks. I won't buy it again as I already have an HG facial scrub (the one from Evian Affinity). continued >>

on 2/1/2005 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is very gentle and moisturizing for my flakey, dry sensitive skin. I always forget that I have it though, and neglect to use it often.

I like that it is mostly natural ingredients and that there are no harsh detergents in it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Well, this product did not serve my skin any justice. I am EXTREMELY sensitive to natural scrubs but that is it, and my skin is oily. I should have known better from the start but I couldn't resist the lavender smell and the cool "deli-inspired" packaging. I spent $8.00 CDN on it, I went and visited a LUSH store to purchase it. It made me break out HORRIBLEY! However, I will use it as a body scrub, no point of it going to waste.

Nice smelling scrub. But I think its a little bit too harsh. I'd buy again if I couldn't find a better scrub.

on 1/12/2005 2:46:00 AM

this product is great for normal skin, abit too over exfoliating, but none the less its great.
makes my skin really smooth and moisturised feel afterwards

packaging is crappy, but definately a re purchase!

on 1/2/2005 1:18:00 AM

Angels on Bareskin comes in a rather flimsy plastic tub which I think is a pretty poor move on LUSH's part. Package it in small mason jars instead -- no harm done to the environment and they are reuseable. Plus, a mason jar would keep Angels on Bareskin far better protected than the stupid plastic tub does. Aah, I digress! Cleanser-wise Angels on Bareskin is the BEST I EVER TRIED. It left my skin soft and supple, and clear! Instantly clear! But because of the packaging and the texture (clay) of the cleanser, it gets ruined far too quickly with water and such. Also, it is a natural product without preservatives and it expires FAR too quickly for my liking (try one and a half weeks!) So be warned before you buy this cleanser -- you will have a tortuous relationship with it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

If you love the smell of lavender, this product is for you. I have oily/combination skin that needs daily exfoliation, and this super gentle, wonderful smelling scrub cleanser does it all. I splash my face with water, take a tiny pinch of AOBS, mix it with a drop or two of water in the palm of my hand, and then rub in circular motions around my face. Hasn't broken me out yet, but then again, this is recently purchased. I store it in my bathroom drawer, and I hope it will last me quite a while since a little goes a long way. Will buy again and again!

*UPDATE: Irritates me and makes me red. Discovered that I am most definately reactive to lavender oil. Will not purchase again and am wondering what the heck to do with the remaining 90 g I have left of it.