April 21, 2014 | 1897 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2004 11:41:00 AM More reviews by huili82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would give this a 5. I just got hold of AOBS today, and I cant wait to use it during bath. After I removed my make up, i picked up pea size amount and smooth them on my skin. And I went on to wash my body before i do mild scrubbing and rinse off. My skin is sensitive, so i was quite worried this might sting my skin abit, but it didnt, and no redness also. It left my skin feeling soft and smooth, not tight at all. You called it a scrub? I think not. It's more than scrub. Just one great product. 2 thumbs up! Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2004 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Tesseljoan

It isn't a spectecular looking or smelling product, but it works fantastically on my sensitive skin. I agree on the packaging though, it's terrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2004 12:01:00 PM More reviews by EmmiLou

Mmmm perfection in a cleanser!! This suits my combination skin to a t! It exfoliates, cleanses and moisterizes at exactly the right levels to be usable morning and night and is totally affordable for me. I love the fact that it contains lavender and rose extracts - both great for clarifying and soothing the skin. I would prefer this if it came in better packaging, however...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2004 6:38:00 AM More reviews by cat_italy

I think I love this cleanser: it's mild enough plus it does a gentle scrubbing. it smells wonderful and leaves my skin super silky, and I don't need to put a moisturizer afterwards.

I took one lippy off because now that i'm almost at the end of the product it has started smelling strange and even to separate in the container... strange... maybe it's gone off.

(But I already have a new one waiting for me in the shelf!!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2004 1:14:00 PM More reviews by porkypine

I love this scrub! It smells wonderful and I like the consistency of the mix-it-yourself paste. It's not too harsh, but works well to make my skin glowy and soft. I am not irritated by any of the ingredients. Of course, the packaging could be improved, but I'm not complaining.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2004 10:10:00 PM More reviews by cleanserholic

I bought this scrub after reading a review in the Lush catalogue. I used it for about two weeks and was very pleased with it until I started breaking out on my forehead. Thinking it was time for something new, I put the cleanser away for a few days and switched to a different cleanser. When I opened the tub again, the scrub had completely dried out and it was turning a violent shade of green around the bottom. I tried washing my face with it once more but it left my face tight and burning. I threw the rest away. What a waste!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2004 3:05:00 PM More reviews by mdfpaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great cleanser, but the packaging is terrible. Also, I personally cannot take the scent of this. Too bad because it works beautifully.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2004 2:23:00 PM More reviews by emilymakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best stuff I have ever used on my skin. Nothing makes my skin glow more. It is crumbly to work with, but the results are more than worth it. I don't know why some reviewers tried to use it to remove eye makeup - why would you put a scrub near your eyes?! The packaging is beyond awful, which is why i took off one lippie, but I dump mine into a plastic jar (from a beauty supply store) and the problem is solved. A tub lasts a year at least.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2004 8:00:00 PM More reviews by lushfan89

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product, I use it as a cleanser (and that's actually what it is, not a scrub). It is a bit hard to figure out how to use at first but since I started using it I have no breakouts at all. It does not make my face feel tight after using it. It is a bit expensive but well worth it!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2004 12:23:00 PM More reviews by bchamp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

"Angels on Bare Skin is a gentle facial cleanser for all skin types, made to an authentic recipe from the Middle Ages for the use of anyone with a romantic disposition and a wish to be carried off by a knight in shining armor"...quoted from LUSH. Instead of trying to perfect the correct ratio of water to scrub, and picking out the abrasive lavender buds, for the future, I'll satify my "romantic disposition", by sitting in a field of wildflowers, as the sun warms my skin. This might work for ultra sensitive skin types, but if you need to exfoliate dead skin cells, look elsewhere.