Chanel No.5

3.5

on 10/8/2004 11:18:00 PM

My brother laughed when i told him if he likes chanel no.5. his like " it smells like a grandma" LOL.

on 10/5/2004 8:56:00 AM

Some MUA reviewers don't like this fragrance, as it reminds them of their grandmothers. What is wrong with their grandmothers, I feel concerned? Well, I am a grandmother myself and I adore this warm, aldehydic, classic scent (however, not every day, it is a fragrance for special occasions). My love for Chanel #5 has very little to do with the fact that I am a grandmother - I liked it as a young girl and woman and always felt so happy and secure, when my mother wore it. This fragrance always makes me feel the woman (grandmother!) I am and hope to remain.

on 10/5/2004 2:49:00 AM

I'm sorry but this stuff smells realllly bad.. I know it's a "classic" but it reminds me something my grandmother would wear!

on 9/29/2004 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

When I was a teenager (30 years ago) I didn't want to be trendy, I wanted to be unusual. So I developed a taste for scotch while my friends were quaffing Boone's Farm and I started wearing Chanel No. 5 while they were wearing Love's Fresh Lemon. My mother never wore scent, so maybe this was also an act of youthful rebellion. :-) I still wear Chanel No. 5 (although I wear others more now) and it still smells wonderful to me. (I'm still drinking scotch, too; am I in a rut?) At first it's a sweet floral, but it dries down to a nice powdery finish on my skin, and it lasts all day. In my youth I felt terribly sophisticated when I wore it; now it feels comforting, like old cashmere. I'll wear it with jeans, but when I have to wear a little black dress I have to wear Chanel No. 5. It's perfect.

on 9/19/2004 5:43:00 AM

Smells like CLASSIC and not on the good way. Too strong and powdery. Gives me a headache but it is not an annoying fragrance. Just could not wear it myself.

on 9/14/2004 9:46:00 PM

This Chanel classic is not for me. It is quite a simple froral featurong Ylang Ylang, rose, jasmine, with a bit of a powdery finish. I think it is the Ylang Ylang which makes it smell like toilet freshener on me, (a bit like the L'occitane Ylang Ylang range does actually). Saying that I have noticed it as a wonderful scent on others and been surprised to hear it is No.5! On me it smells like cheap + stinky Coty L'aimant!

on 9/14/2004 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I absolutely cannot live without this fragrance.
It is simply beatiful and expresses my personality perfectly.
It is timeless, classic, chic and graceful - something you don't find in modern fragrances.
I am tired of generic bathroom-cleaning product type perfumes and I find looking to the older more established perfumes delivers results all the time.
I will never be without this fragrance.

on 9/14/2004 1:12:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

A bare bones powdery floral. A nice uncomplicated fragrance to spritz on lighly after taking a hot bath on a chilly night. I suspect that if this same scent was a recent concoction by Avon, Revlon or Coty (rather than an old one by Chanel), it would have ten reviews and nine of them would be absolutely scathing....

on 9/11/2004 6:03:00 PM

I am firmly in the camp of those who love this classic fragrance. Now, I'm no perfume expert, and
I tend to lean heavily toward the older fragrances anyway, but this scent, to me, speaks volumes of grace and class. At first spritz I can pick out no specific notes in the EDT, but after about an hour this beautifully crafted, yet otherwise indistinguishable floral concoction reveals a soft
sandalwood base.

Professional, understated, confident, timeless.

I absolutely love Chanel #5. It is sheer luxury! It's vibrant, elegant, sophisticated and feminine. I love the softness of the vanilla, rose and jasmine. It is a fragrance I would wear to bed. It makes me feel a bit sexy, a bit girly and so comfortable.

Popular Fragrances