Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 4/28/2004 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this since I was 14 and started to wear make-up. I have since tried various other cleansers (Clean & Clear, TBS Tea Tree Oil etc.) but none can compare to the softness and cleanliness that this simple bar has left my skin feeling. Need proof that it works? In my pictures I am only wearing undereye concealer! I never have had the need to wear foundation all over. I love this stuff, and I know I don't need to try anything else anymore.

on 4/28/2004 2:35:00 AM

At first I love this soap because it makes me feel so soft n moisturized n I love the scent not too strong. Eventually after couple of weeks I begin to notice that my skin had build ups that makes my acne worst n dries out my skin. Because I had combo acne prone - sensitive skin, I have to say that this soap is quite good but not good enough for me, because so far I haven't got any allergy reaction from the soap but I didn't use it long enough though. Worth to try coz it's so cheap n you can use it as face soap too.

on 4/10/2004 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was recommended this by my derm. At first, I thought ..a bar soap for your face?.. but really, this is ultra gentle. I have "can take anything" skin, so i might not be the best judge of how gentle things are. But I have used other cleansers and i felt that they were drying. But with dove white bar, there is really no tightness afterward...great for the body too.

on 4/6/2004 1:04:00 AM

This is the only soap I can use. I have eczema-super dry skin and this is the only soap that doesn't make me super itchy or dry. It's also good to get off face makeup before your face cleanser!

Dove's White Beauty Bar is a staple for me. It's so gentle and provides such a soft and perfect lather. It's very moisturizing. and it smells divine! When I want my skin to feel oh-so-clean, I use my Dove.

on 3/25/2004 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Update: I had to stop using this. After about a month of us it really dried out my face. At first the soap worked wonderfully, but after about a month or so it all went downhill. Granted my face is on the drier side of normal, but this gave me the "my skin is too sizes too small feeling" all the time, and I had major dry patches going on. Perhaps this soap is better suited for someone with oilier skin. I am still giving it a 4 though because it seems to work well for lots of other people and I can still use it on my body.
For years I washed my face with J&J Head-to-toe baby wash, and it had always worked wonderfully. However, as I am getting slightly older my skin is getting more on the normal-to-dry side of things rather than normal to oily. Hence my investigation of the Dove Beauty Bar. I am a big fan of very simple no frills face cleanser and this fits the bill.
Dove beauty bar gently cleanses my face, removes any makeup I may be wearing, doesn't clog my pores, moisturizes gently (no tight dry feeling), and in general is just a great soap. I will most definitely repurchase. continued >>

on 3/22/2004 9:28:00 AM

Best soap ever, constantly recommend by doctors. Great smell, makes your whole bathroom smell great. Very moisturizing! Love it!

on 3/21/2004 12:06:00 PM

All dove soaps meet my requirements for: no itchy skin..no clogged pores..no overpowering frangrance....non-drying, yet not oil-stimulating either.

on 3/21/2004 12:03:00 PM

Always works for me........no itching, sensitivities, does not clog my pores. All dove soaps are great.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I remember using this bar when I stayed over at a friend of the family's. It made my skin soft and less tight-feeling when I got out the shower. However, it left a gross film on it, too. I recently visited my grandmother in Puerto Rico and she literally has stacks of this in her bathroom cabinet, like they're going to pull them off the shelves tomorrow morning. I used one, this time with a body puff, and had clean, smooth skin. Love it. P.S. If I'm waxing and get little stickies on me [not globs], I can lather this up real good and be smooth again!