Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

Other than Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser occassionally, this is the only product I (now) use to cleanse my face. So I guess the name cleanserholic doesn't really apply anymore! After using many other cleansers and more often than not becoming disappointed with them, I chose the bar dermatologists (my mom used to work for them) have been recommending for years. Dove Bar keeps my skin fairly clear and always very soft. This is very good for removing makeup or loosening ingrown hairs. Don't let the drying effect put you off--as you use it more often, it goes away.

on 2/4/2004 3:32:00 PM

Probably will always go back to this soap......I itch badly from every soap except Dove and Aveeno, and I find Dove to be much more aesthetically pleasing. I hope it is ALWAYS around.

on 1/29/2004 10:49:00 PM

My mother used to work for dermatologists and she told me Dove unscented was what they usually recommended to patients with skin problems. We always had Dove in the house amd used it as a soap, hand and face wash too. I used Dove when I was younger but later on switched to a Dove liquid cleanser and then some from other companies. When I recently tried using Dove Nutrium and Dove unscented, they dried my skin out considerably.

When I was interested in trying Dove again I read a review that said the original formula is more gentle on skin then the unscented. I have now been using it for a week and I am very pleased. I love lathering up with the white, fresh-smelling bar and the clean feeling that comes afterward. My skin is very clear now.

I give it four lippies because it too dries out my skin and I must apply a lot of moisturiser, however this is not the same for everyone.

on 1/29/2004 6:48:00 PM

How can you go wrong with this fabulous, gently cleaning, and moisturizing bar? It's just so dirt cheap, I always go back to it after my boutique soap obsession clears. After trying hundreds of fancy soaps, this cheapo soap is a true HG. It may not have the fancy scents or cute packaging, but it's truly the most moisturizing, wonderful soap out there. Actually, I also love the Oil of Olay bar too.

on 1/28/2004 2:23:00 AM

THIS CRAP LEAVES A FILM AND DOES NOT CLEAN ANY DIRT OR ODOR

on 1/22/2004 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I use this to tamee my makeup off, I love it! Nothing beats the sensetive skin bar. I highly recommend this its gentle and leaves my skin soft and clean. And its soooo cheap! The price is great!!! try it!

on 1/16/2004 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love it...smooth clean feeling after shower.

on 1/7/2004 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I think this works best as a body soap. Classic.

on 12/31/2003 4:33:00 PM

When I really feel like splurging I git myself this at Aldi cuz its cheap there. It works good on me and my husband, he has dermatitis the dr said. Its my HG of soap

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i had been wary of this because i thought it would make me break out but i decided to buy it since it was so cheap and it got pretty good reviews. after 1 or 2 showers with it i was addicted, i never even want to shower with the expensive cleansers and shower gels i used to use. i now love the scent too and no other cleanser left my skin so soft. it rinses clean but really moisturizes. this is my hg soap!