Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 3/25/2004 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Update: I had to stop using this. After about a month of us it really dried out my face. At first the soap worked wonderfully, but after about a month or so it all went downhill. Granted my face is on the drier side of normal, but this gave me the "my skin is too sizes too small feeling" all the time, and I had major dry patches going on. Perhaps this soap is better suited for someone with oilier skin. I am still giving it a 4 though because it seems to work well for lots of other people and I can still use it on my body.
For years I washed my face with J&J Head-to-toe baby wash, and it had always worked wonderfully. However, as I am getting slightly older my skin is getting more on the normal-to-dry side of things rather than normal to oily. Hence my investigation of the Dove Beauty Bar. I am a big fan of very simple no frills face cleanser and this fits the bill.
Dove beauty bar gently cleanses my face, removes any makeup I may be wearing, doesn't clog my pores, moisturizes gently (no tight dry feeling), and in general is just a great soap. I will most definitely repurchase. continued >>

on 3/22/2004 9:28:00 AM

Best soap ever, constantly recommend by doctors. Great smell, makes your whole bathroom smell great. Very moisturizing! Love it!

on 3/21/2004 12:06:00 PM

All dove soaps meet my requirements for: no itchy skin..no clogged pores..no overpowering frangrance....non-drying, yet not oil-stimulating either.

on 3/21/2004 12:03:00 PM

Always works for me........no itching, sensitivities, does not clog my pores. All dove soaps are great.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I remember using this bar when I stayed over at a friend of the family's. It made my skin soft and less tight-feeling when I got out the shower. However, it left a gross film on it, too. I recently visited my grandmother in Puerto Rico and she literally has stacks of this in her bathroom cabinet, like they're going to pull them off the shelves tomorrow morning. I used one, this time with a body puff, and had clean, smooth skin. Love it. P.S. If I'm waxing and get little stickies on me [not globs], I can lather this up real good and be smooth again!

on 3/12/2004 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

The best all-year round soap for dry, itchy skin on body and face.
Thank you, Dove!

on 3/6/2004 11:36:00 PM

I'm still amazed that a 3 (aus) dollar soap can be so effective. it has a fresh, powdery, smell that i love (those strong, citrusy/floral perfumes in bodywashes really get sickly after awhile) and it lathers up very well. The soap is deep cleansing and not drying at all. After a few days of using this on my face, i have blemish free, clear skin without a slick of shine. It clears up any spots on my chest/back, cleanses skin perfectly and leaves it feeling nourished. i never knew that plain old soap could work a thousand times better than the upmarket cleansers

on 2/17/2004 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Recommended for my combo, breakout prone skin by my dermotologist. Works great, especially for those using skin treatments.

Other than Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser occassionally, this is the only product I (now) use to cleanse my face. So I guess the name cleanserholic doesn't really apply anymore! After using many other cleansers and more often than not becoming disappointed with them, I chose the bar dermatologists (my mom used to work for them) have been recommending for years. Dove Bar keeps my skin fairly clear and always very soft. This is very good for removing makeup or loosening ingrown hairs. Don't let the drying effect put you off--as you use it more often, it goes away.

on 2/4/2004 3:32:00 PM

Probably will always go back to this soap......I itch badly from every soap except Dove and Aveeno, and I find Dove to be much more aesthetically pleasing. I hope it is ALWAYS around.