April 21, 2014 | 1907 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by AlexandriaLouise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a small sample in my Seventeen magazine and fell in love with it! At first, I was just going to use it because I had never heard of it before and it was free, of course. I used it for a job interview I had and it looked amazing. I went as soon as I ran out to get an actual tube of it! I can't say if it actually BLURS the imperfections but my skin does look better and I got a lot of compliments. I have acne and it makes it look it's not even there. It does even out my skin tone and smoothes my skin. I'm so happy with it. I might try another beauty balm, just to see how another would work, BUT later on.
My makeup routine with it is this:
1st- My acne moisturizer (Clean and Clear Advantage)
2nd- BB Cream
3rd- Concealer (Cover Girl Fresh Complexion Liquid)
4th- Pressed Powder (Revlon ColorStay)
I'd say give it a shot, it's worth it! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by KimLoveLe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Even though this is advertised as a BB cream, it is a safe to say that this is more like a sheer tinted moisturizer.
Feels very light and does not offer that much coverage. Compared to other BB cream's, this one is lacking in many aspects, BUT, it is a nice quick fix for those who are in a rush in the morning because it does give your skin a dewy brightened look.
It is also very light on your skin and does not feel like you have makeup on at all.
If you're looking for fuller coverage, this is definitely not the product you want to get.
All in all, I like this product when I'm looking for a quick fix in the morning or during the middle of the day, as it requires almost no blending (it goes on exactly like a tinted moisturizer), but when I'm looking for a product that will conceal my dark circles + blemishes, I would go for something else.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by 1Dmakeupmandy

I got a sample in a magazine and I loved it. I will be going to the store and getting some.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this stuff. I tried Garnier's BB cream and finally tossed it due to itchy irritated skin and heavy fragrance.

This stuff is completely different! For one thing it doesn't have a heavy scent. Next it seems to moisturize AND soothe my skin. Next it doesn't oxidize like Garnier did.

I got the Light version and it makes my skin look fantastic! It is a tinted moisturizer but it blurs my freckles age spots and redness like a full out foundation BUT it feels like I have nothing on my face!

Super comfortable, looks fantastic on and seems to have good wear. I will update if this changes but I finally think I found my HG foundation in this inexpensive tinted moisturizer.

I even like the packaging. It is an unbreakable opaque squeeze tube ideal for travel. Or the purse. I hate heavy glass jars with or without pump dispensers and this is just such an improvement.

One last point. I'm 56 and this stuff made me look younger! I did half my face and the difference is amazing. Usually foundation makes me look better but not that much younger. This did. I don't know why. Don't care either. Just don't discontinue this stuff ever!!!

Well done Maybelline! You hit it out of the park on this one.

UPDATE: Well it's been a couple of weeks, and I'm even happier with this tinted moisturizer/BBCream. No irritation and I have very reactive skin. It doesn't oxidize, and people keep saying I look wonderful. It doesn't work well over my spf moisturizer by OLAY, --the sensitive skin complete one. When I layer it, it looks disco ball shiny. By itself the BB cream doesn't so now I'm just using it on my morning naked face which certainly takes one more step out of my routine.

As others noted before me, this does work as a nice moisturizer, and leaves my skin feeling good. I do think it is mildly better but 2 weeks is too early to tell. Just that when I take it off, the age spots and freckles are fading a bit, and I'm seeing less redness I think, but it may just be my skin improved recently anyway. Who knows.

I hope they NEVER discontinue this. Oh and btw it lasts all day long. I set it with face powder on my T Zone to take care of any oiliness as the day wears on but honestly I probably don't need to. Just habit.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Lucyxgx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this bb cream it feels nice on my skin and doesn't smell much. The extra bonus is it is SPF 30!! Xx

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by kayakp

i love this stuff so far! i apply it with a flat top brush and then dust on some powder and it gives me a medium coverage. my only problem is i have oily skin and i love in flordia so the lasting power sucks on me. however, if i blot my skin through out the day with an oil absorbing sheet it instantly becomes like new again. this is so much easier then doting a ton of concealer on my face and feeling like a cakey mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 6:59:00 AM More reviews by Toya28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised at the low reviews. I love this stuff! I think people are expecting the coverage of a foundation and thats def not what you'd get. I use this everyday with a little Nars concealer under my eyes and its been great. This is the only BB cream at the drugstore that is dark enough for me

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by viviansweethart

I received a sample of this in a magazine and was excited to try it out. First off, I want to say that it smells awful. IMO, I think it smells like pee. It looks like foundation but it's sheer. It has decent coverage. I would buy this product but the smell is a miss for me. Perhaps, I will look into other bb creams.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by dazzlelight21

I've been looking for a tinted mosturizer for a while now; one that would provide light coverage, just enough to cover little imperfections. I decided to try this out (I purchased the colour Fair-Medium.)
I really like the lightness of this BB cream; it feels like I'm wearing no makeup and looks very natural with my skin tone. I use a MAC 2 brush to blend the product on my face, evenly. The consistency is nice; not cakey at all. I also love that the product is oil-free.It really evens out my skin tone and covers small blemishes with its light coverage. I think this is going to be a great add-on to my makeup collection!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by LeroyDuncan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this BB cream after trying the Garnier one and hating it.
The packaging it comes in is simplistic and does the job well, but does sometimes leak out when you open it after a small period of time, but on the plus side this means you never have to fight to get the product out as is common with most squeezy bottles.
The price of this BB Cream is good and the average for most Maybelline products (6 at the time I bought it).
I have used this product multiple times over the summer making this an easy thing to review.

COVERAGE
The coverage of this BB Creme is very light as you would expect with a BB Cream but I was surprised how well it does even out the skin tone. This product also works well with concealer so if you do need some extra coverage, you can have it. This light coverage was perfect for me during the summer as I could wear it on hotter days where I didn't want to suffocate the skin on my face. The great thing about this product is, you can use it as a base for foundation to make the foundation last longer, you can also mix it with some foundation for a Medium coverage, making this a very versatile product for you to own.

FINISH
This product has a light dewy/satin finish but can be mattified with powder if need be.

COLOUR RANGE
I feel like the range of colours is a bit of a pitfall with this product as the colours are vague at best ranging from Light, Medium and Dark, as I have a very fair complexion I found the light one to be too dark for my skin, but with a small amount of blending you can use it without any obvious seams.

LASTING POWER
This BB Creme lasted me anywhere from 6-10 hours meaning you may want to take it with you (which isn't difficult as it is travel friendly) to make some touch ups during the day.

BENEFITS AND EFFECTS
This product does indeed moisturise your skin, I did worry that this would mean that it would make my oily T-Zone prominent on my face, but it didn't, this light moisturisation meant when I used it as a base for foundation, *I didn't break out as easily (or at all as of yet).
It is true to it's word and does indeed even out the skin tone and even when I took it off after regular use my skin did seem softer and brighter.

SUMMARY
A great product to own for it's versatility, I use this most days now in one way or another, as base for a foundation, or as a lighter option to foundation. For the price I see no reason for you to buy it and I would highly recommend it to anyone who uses makeup :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No