November 21, 2014 | 1723 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by PrincessMikki

This is.. A greasy tinted mouisterizer. It offers barely any coverage and does nothing to control oil. I'd much prefer my Too Faced BB Cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by gingerooney7

This stuff has altered my life! For real, in the nicest possible way! I completely and totally love it! I combine medium with medium/deep, and omg, I look amazing! It truly does blur imperfections, creates an amazingly sheer canvas, and lasts all day. Keeps me looking "fresh" nonstop. Cannot believe how much I love this! Makes my skin look soooo good, healthy, perfectly radiant, and does NOT look like I have foundation on. Could not be happier. Do not discontinue this product. Ever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by josette

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

What an excellent product this is. I have wanted to try a BB cream for quite a while and started with the Garnier BB Cream and was really dissatisfied with it due to the funereal floral Smell of it which lingered a long time after applying.
This Maybelline BB Cream is Excellent for the following reasons:
1] No odor
2] SPF 30
3] Moisturizing but not greasy.
4] Enough yet sheer coverage to even out my skin tone and blend easily.
5] No Parabens so I'm not having to worry about scary diseases.
6] Has a brightening effect yet without shimmer.
7] Very low price.

For reference, my skin is light/medium with yellow undertones [nc20 to nc25]. My own fault I purchased the 'Light' because Target was out of the 'Light/Medium'. So the color was too pale for me, but I will know better next time. The 'Light' would be good for someone who is nc15 or nw15.

To use this, I apply right out of the tube with my fingers. Then I use my fabulous Laura Geller Real Deal Concealer in light. Then I brush on my MAC Skin Finish Natural in 'light plus'.

I love this product because it eliminates so many steps yet my skin looks lovely yet natural.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2012 6:51:00 AM More reviews by MaryKate88

Sadly this isnt BB cream either, it's tinted moisturizer. I won't repurchase this item because it makes my skin a bit oily, provides very little coverage and though it doesnt break me out, it also does nothing special either. Too bad these western drug store "BB creams" really aren't the thing! Now I've switched to Misscha M perfect cover and its does a much better job (see my other review)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by majanet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

While this was my first time trying a "BB" cream, it's probably safe to say that I had used things in the past that shared similar qualities - light coverage, moisture and spf can be found in everything from drugstore products from neutrogena to the very successful Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer ( which was as close to full makeup as I got).

What I liked about this product - great spf from physical sunblock (titanium dioxide) in a formula very similar to the newer Neutrogena td face creams, with no chalky look or feel. The tint was perfect and the td likely is the big help for brightening and a little blurring, too. Skin felt and looked smooth - almost taut. Wears well. I'm very fair, and prone to rosacea flushing, so the fair shade worked well and toned the redness down a bit.

What could be better - maybe a little less taut? Dries very very quickly on the skin, so you must blend quickly. For me, this isn't as much of a problem, but for someone who has a longer routine, it could be a problem.

Overall: I'd buy it again - in fact, I already have.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Dekilah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The label claims it is 8 in 1 so I thought I would review it based on those things. I have it in "Light Sheer Tint."

1. Blurs Imperfections: I would say yes. It covers any minor redness, even that around my nose and chin. For any more obvious spots I might still use a concealer, but even most foundations require that.

2. Enhances: Maybe. To me that is a subjective thing and hard to really quantify.

3. Brightens: In a way, yes. I feel my face looks a bit smoother and the color is nice on me, definitely not the flattening effect I get with some foundations.

4. Adjusts to skin tone: I think the fact that it is a "sheer tint" makes this true. I apply by stippling on and then buffing a bit and it blends right in.

5. Smoothes: similar to #1, yes, I feel it smoothes out my skin tone.

6. Hydrates: Yes, as in it does moisturize. I would consider the moisturizing effects light, but the do last. I do not get that dry feeling even after 8+ hours of wearing.

7. SPF 30 Protects: I assume it does this. I tend to avoid long sun exposure, but I like the fact that it has sun screen in it and that was a significant factor in my purchasing it.

8. 0% Oils/Heavy Ingredients: I guess. It does not make my face feel oily and it does not feel heavy on.

One thing I will mention is that the sunscreen (titanium dioxide) is a physical barrier sunscreen which is the type that people with sensitive skin often use (versus chemical barrier types which cause reactions in some people like myself).

I recently wore this as a foundation with a powder over top for two 8+ hour nights while I was running around managing an art event. It stayed well, and gave me light, even coverage which was perfect.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Argogirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I put Neutrogena sunscreen lotion on my face every morning after I wash it so I thought why not substitute that with something with more coverage? I was skeptical about it matching my skin tone but Medium-Deep was perfect for me! (I am somewhere between J.Lo and Halle Barry in skin colour)...it doesn't cover a lot, but it does 'blur' inperfections, and I still use coverup and bronzer as I've always done, except starting with this instead of a plain ol' sunscreen just gives me a nice 'base'.

Upon reading everyones' reviews however, I'm curious to try out other bb creams as this is my first time using one. Maybe the other ones are better. But I never expected a miracle product...I didn't expect it to replace foundation, I just expected it to be a glorified moisterizer with a bit of skin help (which it is).

I didn't break out with this (and I have skin issues) and since using it I have gotten many compliments on my skin...from "you're glowing" to "have you had sex today?"...it made me look that radiant!

Works for me! But I'll try others after I'm done this batch just to see what else is out there as I'm new to this whole BB cream world...

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2012 1:59:00 AM More reviews by suzanimal

I suppose I have high expectations from BB creams because I thought the Maybelline BB cream was a WASTE of money. It was merely a tinted moisturizer. Very light coverage and did not even out the skin tone as BB creams should do.

For people with oily or combinatiion skin, stay away from this "BB" cream. It will create an oil slick on your face.

If you want to use is as a summer tinted moisturizer, then this is a decent option. A BB cream it is NOT.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by kxtreme16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been wanting to try BB Creams in forever, and I thought this might've been a good place to start! And I don't regret it one bit. it makes my skin look radiant and I honestly do feel it's helped even out my skin. But I took off a lippie because it's packaging was kind of poor, there isn't that much product to begin with and it feels like the product always spills out too quickly. This product is almost like a fancy tinted moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by lindanail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff!!! I've tried a couple BB's- Garnier and Smashbox, but they didn't do much for my skin. I put this on over my Smashbox primer (which I always use) and this just diffuses my imperfections and makes my skin look better. It's like a soft focus lens. It doesn't have a lot of coverage, so I pat on a little concealer on a couple of spots and brush on CoverGirl Simply Powder Foundation on top. That combination gives me all day coverage and my husband told me my skin looked nice.