October 24, 2014 | 1841 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by snowbird53

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Was able to find these at Bed Bath and Beyond of all places. LOVE this product! Pink Truffle is a better and brighter version of Clinique's Pink Toffee Buttershine. I also purchased this in Fig Jam, and the color is a beautiful browny red.

They go on smooth and with quite a bit of pigment. They feel wonderfully moisturizing, and I think they will be great this winter when things get cold and dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by mighttango

I am disappointed. I purchased Berry Smoothie. I do like the color intensity and how the tint lasts, but would not call this a lip butter by any means. My fav lip butter is Chapstick Naturals, which goes on smoothly & lasts longer that the expensive Revlon version. You could almost nix the Revlon, and just use lip liner with Chapstick Natural product. Wanted to love this, but sadly do not. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this is "Berry Smoothie". The color is a mauvey light berry color. It is a lot like MAC's "Syrup" lipstick. This is extremely slick and smooth, and has a lot of slip going on. I think I will go back and get a few more!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by enchanted_xx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked up Raspberry Pie today and I love it. I couldn't get over how smooth it was-very comparable to Milani's HD lipcolor.
One thing I hate about lipsticks is when they look great, but look like crap once you eat/drink or do anything. This particular shade (I can't speak for the others) leaves a super gorgeous natural-looking stain after you eat. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by mascaralover123

I have the color strawberry short cake.
it is the only one i have tried so far, but I will for sure buy more of these when i can catch them on sale.
I think the color pay off for what these are, is wonderful. great for every day color. these are also just as pigmented as a lipstick, they feel so nice on my lips. I do think they are a little Over-hiped, but they are fabulous.
I will be buying more, but probably only two or three.
the packaging is also really cute, but kind of hard too see through the packaging, because it usually has the same color as the lipstick, so it's difficult, but there is tons of swatches other places.
I would give these an 8/10.
just because of the packaging, it is cute, but kind of difficult too see through, and in some places they are kind of expensive.
will for sure buy more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

These are really nice! Such a ride range of shades. The lip butter is luxurious and feels more like a high end hybrid of a lipstick and tinted balm. I think the price is only a tiny bit high so reasonable. I like that there are so many different shades offered but some of them give of way different color pay offs. The tube is pretty and sturdy but it makes it impossible to see the colors thru the top if you are just choosing in in the store. Great swatches online though. Hope these lip butters stick around! The only think I didn't like was I find it a little hard to apply them neatly from the tube sometimes, especially with the darker colors. Will buy more shades, I'm kind of obsessed with them!They make my lips feel softer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked up two colors: Pink Truffle & Red Velvet. I absolutely *love* Pink Truffle. It's the perfect nude lip color on my skin tone for fall. [I'm around an NC30-35]. I can never apply too much. The texture and feel is great. It keeps my lips moisturized, but if your lips are REALLY dry, I would suggest putting on a lip balm beforehand. It feels light and smooth on the lips and no funny taste. I could definitely buy this again. Red Velvet is a beautiful color for night time looks and shows up quite natural on my lips. It's not entirely dramatic but can still be pulled off in that manner.

My first thought of them being marketed as a lip butter made me think that they were going to be like LIP BALMS. No this is not correct. They may provide enough moisture for some, but for others who suffer from very dry lips may not want to substitute this for lip balm.

Overall, great lipstick! Revlon definitely knows how to make lip products!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by AlyssaRose

This has been extremely moisturizing for my lips. When mid-October rolled around, I noticed my lips getting chappy and rough. This product has completely reversed this issue. There are tons of shades, so I have an option for every day of the week if I wanted to. But, I would buy this if it only came in clear, just for the moisture factor.

I am a sucker for packaging, and I appreciate the quilted tube with the clear top. It's not tacky at all. I do with that the black base that says "REVLON" was about a quarter inch longer. It would make it easier to grip the base to take the cap off. Not a big issue, but it's a little detail that they may have overlooked.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by TLord

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have dry lips most of the time and prefer wearing something very moisturizing like Fresh Sugar lip treatments, Boots Sheer Temptation lipsticks or Clinique buttershines. Mostly I just wear a clear balm though. I'm always looking for an alternative to the more expensive moisturizing lip products I currently wear and was anxious to try these lip butters out. I picked up Fig Jam, which is a very dark brown with some red, and Sugar Plum, which is a very purply pink. I'm very reserved in what color lipsticks I wear. I usually wear sheer, subtle shades of brown and would love to find a natural plummy brown, if such a thing exists. First, these butters were much more pigmented than I anticipated. I like sheer color, and for me, these left too much color. I like a hint of color, not full on lipstick. This was more like a full on lipstick to me. And they were not NEARLY as moisturizing as the other lip products I use. To get the hint of color that I would like, I would only be able to swipe it once, lightly. But then, I don't get the moisture I want. So after putting on just a couple of swipes, these were way too dark and pigmented for my liking and still not as moist as I would prefer. As far as the colors, I know it's all personal preference but I did not like either one. Fig Jam was way too reddish brown and Sugar Plum was way too purple. I was so excited to find a Sugar Plum at my local Walgreens because I'd read on someone's MU blog that Sugar Plum was a MLBB shade for them. I was hoping it would be the plummy brown I've been looking for. Honestly, I don't see how anyone's lips can be anywhere near that shade. I had bright purple pink lips after just a couple swipes. These butters weren't very moisturizing, but they were not very drying either. The colors did last quite a while on my lips. I'd say maybe four hours or so. But by then any moisture was gone. If you are looking for a lipstick that isn't too drying and wears for a while, then these would be great. But in my opinion, these really should not be classified as "butters". I think it was a little misleading for them to use that name, which is why I rated it three lippies. If you are looking for true moisture, these are not for you.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by BreannNicole

I went a little crazy with this product and have in total six. They haven't been easy to find either. I love these! they remind me a lot of clinique chubby sticks. Same consistency staying power and they leave a stain. Raspberry pie is by far my favorite. It's very pretty and long lasting due to the stain it leaves behind. Fig jam Is another favorite its kind a slight brown tone that isn't over powerful.Red velvet is a gorgeous red that I think anyone can pull off. Because we all know red can be difficult to pull off. Sugar plum is a very pretty its a pink nude that. I was thinking it would be more of a purple than pink. But this makes a perfect nude lip without being too pink. The two I'm not a fan of would be peach parfait and cherry tart. Peach I expected subtle but not that subtle.It was more of just glitter on my lips its okay but a little to sheer for my likings.As for cherry tart I was expecting a bright pretty fun daytime red. It's far from it and the worst one I've purchased so far. All it does is give my lips a gloss no color or anything.I will definitley continue buying this product for everyday wear because I feel they are perfect for just that. Everyday use. The rasberry pie and red velvet can be great for a night on the town or everyday fun. These two are definitley the stars.