September 20, 2014 | 981 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2007 3:18:00 AM More reviews by kannijay

I've been using this product for over a year now. Honestly, thank God I've ever found out about it.

My skin is very very very very very sensitive. I had numerous problems with any type of products whether they are drugstore or expensive department store products. They all are way too harsh for my skin. Don't ask me how I endured the pain all those years.

Anyhow, this is one amazing multi-purpose oil. I regularly use it as my makeup remover. It works wonder on waterproof mascara! My skin rarely breaks out unless it is a week before (ahem) that time of the month. I also use it on my son's super curly hair! (no more chemical brands for his hair. They all would dry his hair out at the end of the day) It keeps his hair moisturized and easy to detangle.

I once tried avocado oil as a replacement since it costs a little less. Oh my, was my skin so NOT loving it! Breakouts and bumpy skin was the result! So yes, I had to quickly switch back to my jojoba oil. 2 nights afterwards, my skin went back to its normal stage again. LOL LOL

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2007 9:39:00 PM More reviews by girlingoldboots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just ordered my second bottle of this great oil. I use it on my hair, mostly, as an overnight treatment and wash it out the next morning. It adds softness and conditions well. I also use it as an eye makeup remover since I use waterproof mascara. This product is a great "double agent". You can use it all over the body and it's natural. It comes in a 4 oz bottle and although it's not a huge amount, it lasted me about 6 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2007 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Christinae

A staple for my acne and scar prone combination skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2007 1:26:00 AM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

Breaks out sensitive skin if used pure (100% organic). Instead mix it with 10 tblsp 100% pure shea butter, 4tblsp olive oil, 4 tblsp coconut oil and 4 tblsp jojoba for a healing dry skin cream or put it on your scalp that will make you skin so soft and is better than any store bought product you have ever tried. Add a few drops of vanilla oil for a wonderful added scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2007 8:59:00 AM More reviews by jade777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only product I use to remove eye makeup, works especially well with stubborn waterproof mascaras. Makes lashes soft too. Also use it as a moisturizer during the dryer months. But it turns me into an oil slick in the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2007 5:24:00 PM More reviews by YaseenAliha

I love this stuff! I use this as a facial moisturizer at night. Its amazing. I have never broken out from it and it has totally balanced out the moisture levels of my skin.When i switch to something else, the breakouts start up right away. Don't be afraid to use it on acne. When i do break out, it cuts the life of the pimple in half. If your using any kind of oil as a moisturizer or even if your not you should get a facial once a month (more or less frequently as needed) and you'll see the difference it makes. Oh yea..I tried another brand but it wasnt as good. Desert Essence is the best. I pick mine up at Whole Foods.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2007 10:14:00 PM More reviews by unknownmake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this stuff when I get dry spots on my skin, I used to have psoriasis and someone rec. using Jojoba oil. I don't have it anymore (knock on wood) but I do have a small spot of it still on my knee.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2007 7:42:00 PM More reviews by mumsymum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product works for rosacea. It is not the least bit irritating. I apply it to my face and let it sink in before applying makeup. It is calming to the skin. I have many problems with products due to my severe rosacea. This one is a winner.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2007 8:31:00 AM More reviews by mautan17

very good skincare . it's very useful of your whole body . u can apply it as everything u want such as facial moisturizer, cleansing oil, hair treatment, body oil etc . The best of natural oil we must use

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2007 4:57:00 AM More reviews by dianew1960

I am 47 and have probably spent that much in the $$$$ thousands $$$$$$$$$ on A-Z products. Thank's to Trader Joe's & this $6.99 Bottle of GOLD OIL! Right now I use it nightly over my Skin Ceuticals B5 gel. I'm not looking to erase "LINES" - I EARNED every one of them :) Nor do I want to look like Im 18 again....I just like feeling good in my skin. The rest lies WITHIN ;-)

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No