October 23, 2014 | 1122 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2007 1:10:00 PM More reviews by sweetgreentea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination, acne prone skin. Most of the acne products I was using before totally sucked my skin of all of its moisture. I was left with dry, irritated skin. I bought jojoba oil based on the reviews here, and I'm so glad that I did. I am on my second bottle of it. I use just a little bit of it morning and night and my skin looks clearer, more even, and just plain better.Plus, it provides a really nice canvass for my EM foundation to set. It also works well in my hair and as an eye make up remover. I'm probably the only one who would think to do this, but don't try and use it to shave your legs. It gunks up your razor and then you feel stupid.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2007 12:17:00 PM More reviews by turboolivia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

such an awesome find!!! fertility hormones/meds wrecked havoc on my skin and hair, and this little bottle singlehandedly put the luster and balance back in both. i even use it on my face under my sunscreen, and as a styling product for the ends of my hair. no scent which is nice as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2007 6:30:00 AM More reviews by vitadistile

I have sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin. The area above my lip/beneath my nose is the driest part of my face. No matter the season, it will dry up, have painful cracks, flake with dry skin, and be red all the time. I have bought moisturizers, medicated creams, and anything moisturizing to help that area of my face. I finally red the MUA reviews about this oil and was skeptical at first. I had tried to use olive oil before, but it just sat on my skin and didnít absorb at all. Finally I gave in and bought a bottle of Desert Essence. Using some of the suggestions I read, I put a few drops in with my Cetaphil moisturizing lotion before I went to sleep. The next day my cheeks were completely smooth and the area above my lip was smooth, moisturized, and not red. I couldnít believe it. After using it for over 2 months, this is officially the BEST moisturizing product. Your skin literally soaks it up. Anywhere that I have dry spots on my face or body, I either just put the oil directly on it or mix it with some lotion and wake up with great results. Because of my combination skin, this stuff doesnít really do much for my acne-prone oily forehead, but for the rest of my face and body it works wonders.

The packaging for this product isnít great. It tends to drip if you donít wipe it up after you get some drops out. I transferred this oil into a dropper I bought from the Container store and it works much better and I can control how much I want to use.

For about $15-20, its totally worth the price. You get a relatively small bottle, but you only use drops at a time. Iíve only had mine for 2 months and Iím not even ľ of the way done.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2007 6:53:00 PM More reviews by blahiffy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't use oils too often, but whenever my skin feels dry from a new cleanser or mask I try, I rub some jojoba oil on my skin at night and it heals the very next morning. This oil literally saves my face in the winter, and it does not clog my pores. Although I seem to have a never ending supply of jojoba oil, I will definitely repurchase when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2007 3:18:00 AM More reviews by kannijay

I've been using this product for over a year now. Honestly, thank God I've ever found out about it.

My skin is very very very very very sensitive. I had numerous problems with any type of products whether they are drugstore or expensive department store products. They all are way too harsh for my skin. Don't ask me how I endured the pain all those years.

Anyhow, this is one amazing multi-purpose oil. I regularly use it as my makeup remover. It works wonder on waterproof mascara! My skin rarely breaks out unless it is a week before (ahem) that time of the month. I also use it on my son's super curly hair! (no more chemical brands for his hair. They all would dry his hair out at the end of the day) It keeps his hair moisturized and easy to detangle.

I once tried avocado oil as a replacement since it costs a little less. Oh my, was my skin so NOT loving it! Breakouts and bumpy skin was the result! So yes, I had to quickly switch back to my jojoba oil. 2 nights afterwards, my skin went back to its normal stage again. LOL LOL

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2007 9:39:00 PM More reviews by girlingoldboots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just ordered my second bottle of this great oil. I use it on my hair, mostly, as an overnight treatment and wash it out the next morning. It adds softness and conditions well. I also use it as an eye makeup remover since I use waterproof mascara. This product is a great "double agent". You can use it all over the body and it's natural. It comes in a 4 oz bottle and although it's not a huge amount, it lasted me about 6 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2007 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Christinae

A staple for my acne and scar prone combination skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2007 1:26:00 AM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

Breaks out sensitive skin if used pure (100% organic). Instead mix it with 10 tblsp 100% pure shea butter, 4tblsp olive oil, 4 tblsp coconut oil and 4 tblsp jojoba for a healing dry skin cream or put it on your scalp that will make you skin so soft and is better than any store bought product you have ever tried. Add a few drops of vanilla oil for a wonderful added scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2007 8:59:00 AM More reviews by jade777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only product I use to remove eye makeup, works especially well with stubborn waterproof mascaras. Makes lashes soft too. Also use it as a moisturizer during the dryer months. But it turns me into an oil slick in the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2007 5:24:00 PM More reviews by YaseenAliha

I love this stuff! I use this as a facial moisturizer at night. Its amazing. I have never broken out from it and it has totally balanced out the moisture levels of my skin.When i switch to something else, the breakouts start up right away. Don't be afraid to use it on acne. When i do break out, it cuts the life of the pimple in half. If your using any kind of oil as a moisturizer or even if your not you should get a facial once a month (more or less frequently as needed) and you'll see the difference it makes. Oh yea..I tried another brand but it wasnt as good. Desert Essence is the best. I pick mine up at Whole Foods.