December 19, 2014 | 1439 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Musa15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this foundation in in the counter, I have been matched to NC30 before (in studiofix) but always thought it was way to orange and dirty looking, plus it oxidized like crazy probably adding to the dirty look. I really hate StudioFix I can't wear it once without having completely clogged pores around my cheeks and cystic acne the next day. THIS time the lady matched me to NC25, I found that this shades really complimented my skin tone (lesson is trust your judgement over the MA's and just find another one that will hear you out). Well, unto the review:
I wore this for about 9 hrs and the finish was flawless even though I was peeling really badly from Retin-A, I mean I really had that airbrushed look even though the MA hardly worked it into the skin. I couldn't stop looking at my face I felt so beautiful and flawless, it would actually surprise me to look into the mirror, I kept thinking this is what a foundation SHOULD be. I usually get oily around my nose and cheeks and without powder this did not happen.
I am ordering this online and should receive it soon so I will update, if I experience breakouts or whatnot, although I REALLY hope I don't as this could be my HG.
EDIT: I am in LOVE! the staying power of this foundation is crazy, and it really makes my blush last the whole day. I'm still praying I don't break out **fingers crossed**
EDIT: after about 1 month of wearing every single day, I haven't had not one break out, which is miraculous. I love this formulation!
I use smashbox primer underneath, and I really love the result.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by desertmom4

I ended up returning this fndtn today. I was on the fence about returning it as I so wanted to love it, but I have come to the realization that this fndtn is not better than my current HG ( EL DW). I was hoping this fndtn would be just as good, if not better than EL DW, as the color choices are much broader, as well as more yellow than EL DW. I am NC 30/35 for referrence.

I was told this fndtn runs a tad dark, so I was matched to NC30, which imo was a great match. It is very yellow based, perhaps a tad too "yellowy" for my skintone. I have light redness on my cheek area as well as my chin ( not rosacea), and after I applied this fndtn I noticed some of the red wasn't completely covered...it sorta shone through.

I have tried many diff application styles to see if perhaps I was not applying it with the correct tool to give me that flawless med/ full coverage look. I've tried the 168 ( which my MAC SA said that is the best brush to use w/ this fndtn), my Sephora #55 brush, as well as my BoE large fluffy fndtn brush, the results were always the same in the beginning ( nice looking flawless face), but towards the end of the day the results were the same ( patchy areas of pooled fndtn on my cheeks as well as non-existent fndtn around my nose / chin). I also used it without a primer as well as w/ a primer. Did I mention I have normal / dry skin? I do moisturize daily as well as exfoliate ( AHA junkie), but to no avail my end results were always the same...overly yellow looking skin w/ patches of pooled fndtn and redness showing around nose / chin. This was not long wearing for me as I had hoped it would be. I honestly think this fndtn is better suited for oily / combo skinned ppl.

Pros: comes in a hygenic pump bottle
didn't notice any fragrance ( for those sensitive to scents)
you can B2M the bottle when empty ( lol)
the price @ $30 isn't too steep for the amount you get compared
to other dept store m/u
leaves a semi-matte / semi- glowy finish

Cons: hard to blend ( gotta work fast as this sets faster than EL DW)
didn't wear all day for me and my normal / dry skin
found it to be a tad too yellow for my skintone ( NC 30/35)
felt a lil heavy on the skin, unlike my EL DW

I will not be purchasing this fndtn again, as like I said I returned mine...but if you oily, this just may be the one for you :) I'll stick to my EL DW.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by kellypi07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow! That's all I have to say about this foundation. Before, I wasn't too fond of MAC foundations because Studio Fix gave me little bumps around my jaw. However, I decided to give this a try. First of all, it does not make my sensitive skin break out which is always a good thing. Second, it really does stay on! I'm a senior in high school, I put my make up on at 6am and don't take it off until 9:30pm and I have gym class in the middle of the day as well. When I take my make up off the foundation looks pretty much the way it did when I first put it on. Oh, and wana hear something crazy? After gym class one day I decided to blot off the sweat from my face. Usually there's foundation that gets blotted off as well, but when I blotted my face off with this foundation only sweat came off... amazing! It also looks nice in photography, it gives me that flawless look. The finish is a natural finish - not dewy nor matte. I apply this foundation with either my Sigma F50 duo fibre brush or the MAC 188 brush. Both brushes make this foundation look great. Some people have said that it oxidized their skin, but I didn't find that to be the case at all. You just have to try it out for yourself - take a sample home and see how it works for YOUR skin because you may end up loving it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by katieqr0918

This is approaching HG status for a liquid foundation for me. I have been wearing for a week and it really is the only foundation that lasts on my oily/combo face all day long. Even EL Double Wear breaks down on my nose by lunch time... while this MAC does get shiny on my nose by lunch, it doesn't really break down... I always touch up with powder at lunch but with this foundation, I don't absolutely have to... but with other foundations, I have to. It can get a little cakey looking if I put too much on.... but one pump is more than enough to cover my entire face.

I have to use a damp Beauty Blender sponge to put it on... I tried a brush and it looked awful... but the Beauty Blender works perfect. It looks a little fake first applied but it dries down to a really nice finish.

As for color match... I bought the NW20 online. It's a decent match, a little too light, but it works. but I need to try to get to a MAC counter and be color matched... the closest MAC counter to me is about 2 hours away so it will be awhile before I do that.

All in all... unless things change as I continue to use this, this foundation has edged ahead of my other nearly HG liquid foundations, Bobbi Brown's new Natural Finish and Revlon Colorstay.

I highly recommend... If you have oily or combo skin, this could be the best foundation you ever use.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by tbennett81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product now for 2 weeks & I'm so in love with it! It's by far thee best foundation I've ever used. I'm fair, & have dry-combo skin. I've alway had difficulty trying to find a foundation that doesn't dry my skin out, that stays on for a long time with virtually no touching up, great coverage but doesn't feel like I'm wearing a ton of makeup. THIS IS IT!!! It's water-based so it doens't clog your pores! My skin is also sensitive & prone to break outs/black heads if my skin is irritated. It's truly a great new product from M.A.C. & I highly HIGHLY recomment it!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by nygrlnca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for the past week and so far it's awesome! I have problem skin: old acne scars, oily, huge pores, redness, dry patches from Retin-A, and an impossible skin tone to match. HOWEVER, this is by far the longest lasting foundation I have ever used. It was 113 degrees in LA and my foundation stayed in place all day.It barely oxidized, kept my oilies at bay, and smoothed out my huge pores. So far I haven't broken out either! The only issue I have is that I am an NC44 in Studio Fix and ProLongwear comes in either NC42 or NC45. I ended up getting the lighter one and warming it up with powder. I ended up getting the concealer as well :) Love this product!

Update: It turns out that this does oxidize a bit and NC42 on my NC44 skin looks pretty good with a little blush. You really have to make sure you wash your makeup off with a good cleanser though. The concealer matches my skin perfectly too!

Edit: It eventually broke me out so I had to discontine wearing :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

This is a fabulous foundation. It truly lives up to the claim of being long lasting, and transfer resistant. When it comes to foundations, I have a few that are HG's- Revlon Colorstay & Estee Lauder Doublewear (& a few others I love).... Needless to say, I really didn't need to purchase this but any foundation with the word 'long lasting' always interests me. Since I ordered this online, I did some research and found that the colors ran a bit dark (and pink :x)- while I'm normally NC20-25 in MAC foundations, I opted for NC15. NC15 is a smidge to pale for me, however, I am an avid foundation mixer. I love mixing this with a drop of my ELDW which is a little pink, both color neutralize and create my shade :) ....application of this is a breeze, it doesn't dry to fast and it blends amazingly well! As for coverage, I would say medium to full, depending on how many layers you prefer...... Now, the long lasting claim? I'm happy to say that after 10 hours of wear (with a setting powder) this did not budge! with ELDW and Revlon CS, I generally need to always touch up my nose and chin after 6hrs- with this, I was as matte as when I first set the foundation earlier in the day :D .....I know MAC foundations have come under scrutiny for being to orange, un-blendable and breakouts- but I think they really have come up with a great formula!

Personally, the only MAC foundation which broke me out was studio sculpt (which I disliked) ....but so far, I haven't had any breakouts with this. When removing, this is pretty hard to come off- which shows how strong it is. Color-wise, NC15 to me, has a neutral undertone and no pink tones from what I can see. Another plus? the pump! it makes application so much easier....All in all, I'm very pleased with this and glad I impulse purchased it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by makeupisthebest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally found my HG foundation!!!! for now at least :P I love it I was using the M.U.F.E Mat Velvet + before this when I ran out of that I decided to go ahead and try this since I read alot of good reviews about it. I'm sooooo glad I did It looks soooooo good on and does exactly what it says its supposed to I have very oily skin and I'm lucky if a foundation lasts more than 3hrs without becoming oily this one seriously lasts me all day and I haven't had any transfer on any clothing or anything thats a plus cuz the m.u.f.e was everywhere this. LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Lovemymakeup

I got a sample of this sat and have been using it everyday ,
Pros : med coverage , stays on all day , doesn't transfer to clothing , stays put all day for me it's usually 7am -10 pm , doesn't oxidize , washes of easily and hasn't broken me out ;)

Cons : the shades run a lil lighter but not to make a big diff , I'm NC 30 in studio sculpt , studio tech and NC 35 in studio fix and I bought NC 30 in this ;) It's a lil sticky the fist couple of hrs but I set it with my bare essentials mineral veil ;) gets a lil oily if u sweat at any point during the day but when u return to a cool temp it goes back to looking just freshly applied ;)
Will deffinetly keep buying so glad it's a permanent item along w the concealer !!!!! Way to go MAC !!!!!!
Update : 5/5/11
I'm almost done w my 2nd bottle and I'm still lovin this foundation I'm applying it w 109 brush and 1 pump is more than enough;) still lasting 15 +hrs even in the hot & humid Texas weather ! This is all I ever use on my clients for their weddings , prom, or any special event !!!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by briii

I originally went in to Mac to purchase my Studio Fix powder and saw that they had a new foundation. I was extremely curious about it so I asked the MUA to put it on half on my face so I could see how it looked. She matched me at NW20 which is a perfect match for my pale skin (: as soon as she put it on I loved it. The way it made my skin look was amazing! I decided to get it and I am so happy I did. I have had this foundation for a couple weeks now and Sunday was the ultimate test for it. My nephew had a birthday party at a train museum where it was over 105 degrees and we were outside the whole time. I was there from 10:30 am to 4:30 pm. I was so surprised at how well this foundation held up on my skin. With me sweating like a pig all day and wiping the sweat off it still pretty much stayed put. I did have to retouch my nose once but it's not a big deal to me. I set this lightly with Studio Fix powder and my face looks flawless (: ohh and NO BREAKOUTS!!! MACs Studio Fix fluid broke me out horribly so I am very happy that this one hasn't. This is definitely a great foundation. I am so happy I found it (8

UPDATE: I was really in love with this foundation but this morning I woke up with teenie tiny skin colored bumps around my mouth and chin area. I've never had them before and they're so annoying. You can't see them unless you look up real close in direct sunlight but I can definately feel them. This has been the only new face product ice been using so it has to be the foundation. I'm so sad that this happened to me becausei was really loving this foundation. Unfortunately I dont want to use it if it's causing the bumps :(