August 22, 2014 | 1708 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2007 12:15:00 AM More reviews by operapearls

I have combination skin that is dry and cracking one day and the next oily and broken out. I have added this cream to my nightly routine and i have to say that it is a miracle. I have sensitive allergies and I love that this cream is scent and irritant free. I've used it during a break out, and it didn't clog my pores at all! In fact, I believe it helped the break out heal! I read some of the other reviews that the cream made their skin feel greasy. I've learned that the phrase "a little goes a long way" is especially true with this product. You don't need nearly as much as you think.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2007 10:23:00 AM More reviews by maryyelizabeth

A moisturizer shoudn't burn your skin like this one does. It's terrible, thats all I can say.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2007 7:58:00 AM More reviews by NatSalypod

This is way too rich for my skin and made my face feel hot every time I put it on!!! Very greasy and a non pleasant smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2007 6:40:00 AM More reviews by xpinkcouturex

it does moisturize but it doesn't really sink into my skin, it just stays on top and feels greasy... but probably a good hand moisturizer for those with really dry hands

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2007 2:53:00 PM More reviews by aznbebebabe

Since being on Accutane, my skin is very dry, rough, and tight. This is saving my skin.

Used in conjuction with the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, this is a HG combo for me right now. I use this cream all over my face both morning and night. My skin just drinks this stuff up.My skin is finally soft to the touch again. It was so rough and bumpy for awhile. This isnt greasy to me even when I use it in the morning. I put this cream on after cleansing, then put on my SPF 50, then mineral foundation. My skin looks perfect all day.

So not use this on your face if you are oily or even slightly oily, this cream if for people with dry, sensitive, tight skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2007 7:44:00 AM More reviews by haseena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading reviews, i thought this would be perfect for my dry & sensitive skin. So i bought it just before my trip to a cold climate. I was loving how it went on smooth & left my skin moisturized amidst the dry, cold weather. I was in love, because my skin was so plumped up after application. HOWEVER, to my horror, a little about a week after using this, I had a terrible allergic reaction to this! At first it just started with red bumps all over my cheeks, then my face started swelling like a balloon and my eyes were so puffy! I looked like a puffer fish :( It was such a nightmare, I had to use huge shades to cover my eyes & most annoying thing was i was on holiday! I will never use this stuff ever again. Please girls, do a patch test before using this stuff or you'll end up like me. I thought this is the safest moisturizer around but i definitely was so wrong!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2007 11:36:00 PM More reviews by seesheer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As a result of the beginning of winter AND hormonal birth control, my skin has been significantly less oily and pleasingly smooth and relatively acne free. However, around my mouth and nose I've been experiencing horrific dryness, something that did not go away no matter how much moisturiser I slathered on. I tried masks and creams and nothing relieved the itchy feeling and wearing even my greasiest foundation to cover up my red skin was just disastrous and flaky. Then, I remembered that I had a little sample packet of this hidden away in my bathroom draw.
Instant relief. I remember breaking out from this stuff before, but now that my skin has gone into disaster mode, I could not be any happier to be using it. I no longer resemble some kind of ridiculous pie crust-human hybrid.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2007 1:14:00 PM More reviews by loveableqtpie212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

at first, I absolutely loved this product. I would use it as a night time moisturizer during the winter. It was great at moisturizing but then I began to get clogged pores on my cheeks, which is very unusual for me. After I stopped using a diff moisturizer that I thought was causing the clogged pores, I came back to this cream, and guess what, it was this cream causing the clogged pores the entire time. I stopped using this cream, but I left it in the bathroom to use as a body cream. Recently I noticed that my mom's skin was beginning to look very bad, full of clogged pores. My mom is in her late 40's and I've never seen her with one blemish/clogged pore before, so I asked her if she was using the cetaphil cream on her face, and she was. I told her to stop using it, and her skin is getting alot better. All in all it does a very good job at moisturizing, but beware that it can be very poor clogging, so I would not use this daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2007 7:48:00 PM More reviews by blueprint

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I am a happy convert to this from Eucerin Q-10 anti-wrinkle cream and Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base. I've tried both the tube and tub version, and I inexplicably prefer the one in the tub. Anyway, I am Asian w/ combo skin, and this cream really does the trick - it doesn't clog pores at ALL, not heavy (just don't slather it on), no greasy residue, no scent, and is very moisturizing. I use it AM and PM, with or without makeup. (Sometimes I skip AM, and my face still feels moisturized from the night before.) I've actually started using it everywhere and it makes all the skin that I apply it to really soft and smooth. I cant stand when lotion makes my skin kind of sticky after applying, and this doesn't do that as long as I don't get too crazy. All in all, great staple.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2007 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Jessie39

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loved this for the first few days--until my face broke out. Hoping it wasn't the lotion, I waited until the breakout cleared and tried again--breakout again! My skin is very sensitive and another reviewer noted a chemical in this that may be the trigger.