November 27, 2014 | 1408 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2007 4:23:00 AM More reviews by livadia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a great cream for the body. (I reserve my comments for use on the face as I have oily facial skin and have never contemplated using this on my face.) This is a thick and odourless cream, and I mean it has no smell at all, unlike some of the 'fragrance-free' products out there which actually smell nasty. That said, this cream is a god-send for all of us with eczema; it moisturises without any irritation. Texture-wise, this is good as well as it absorbs quickly so that despite its initial richness, it never feels sticky (and I live in a tropical climate). This has been my weapon against those nasty itchy, dry, red patches known as eczema and I have literally moisturised eczema on my knees away over the past 1 year with this, without resort to any steroids. The packaging can be better though; the tube is un-economical as so much gets stuck in it in the end, and the tub is rather unhygienic. The price is mid-range, for something that relies on simple ingredients (albeit those that work) like Mineral Oil and Sweet Almond Oil, it should be cheaper. But until I find a product that works as well, I am sticking to this.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2007 5:49:00 AM More reviews by fruitsmoothie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

for people with combo/oily skin, i wouldn't use this because it contains mineral oils in it. i think it's better to use it on the body instead of face! i experienced the same problems as others; such as clogged pores.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2007 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Figure88

Cetaphil + my face do not get along! Nothing has caused me more breakouts than their face wash and lotion. After my experience I realized that while the product wrecks my face it does wonders for the rest of me! I buy the moisturizing cream religiously and use it for a foot cream, on rough patches of skin, as a hand cream, and as my general body lotion. Nothing make my skin smoother and softer than this fabulous product. It doesn't smell, leaves me feelin' like I have baby skin, and is super cheap. I have rolled with La Mer and this stuff is basically the same only WAY cheaper. This will continue to be a staple...it rocks!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2007 8:57:00 PM More reviews by gzheng

I bought this after seeing such great reviews here and I do not regret. Although the cream looks really thick in the tub, when rubbed onto the skin, it just smoothes out and vanishes. Not thick at all for my combination skin. The smooth texture really surprised me. I often put this under foundation or even mix it with my makeupforever foundation for a tinted moisturizer.
Although the big tub is quite unsanitary, I kind of like the idea of scooping moisturizer out of a tub. But of course I transfer a small amount into a smaller container to keep the rest clean since I know this gigantic tub will last me almost forever.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2007 3:41:00 AM More reviews by AndreaLeigh

Bought this derm-recommened moisturizer for my face, and it was way too heavy and caused breakouts. I'd bought the large tub, so I decided to try on my body. It makes me itch, so bad that I'm leaving claw marks on my skin when I use it. This is going in the trash.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2007 6:48:00 AM More reviews by coconnell

can't get enough of this stuff - literally!!! i've moved to london and can't buy this anymore. luckily when my last big tub was running out (a good 4-5 months after buying it) my parents were coming out to visit and i coaxed my dad into smuggling a tub over for me :)

i have skin which can be quite oil but dry all at the same time (i didn't realize that was possible! it feels really dry after being cleaned and sitting around with nothing on, yet also seems to get shiny throughout the day.) since i've got pretty sensitive skin which likes to pop up spots at any given opportunity, i wanted to go with something nice and mild.

not only does this stuff solve my facial moisture woes, i can use it all over, too. i have the most mild case of eczema on my elbows (they tend to build up dry skin and form little, disgusting bumps. eeew!), arms and sometimes legs. this stuff eases all that to the point that i can tell within a day if i'm using a different moisturizer.

if i could go around smothering this on every person i saw with any square inch of dryness, i would! instead i'll have to settle for dousing myself in it and recommending it to everyone i know!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2007 10:56:00 PM More reviews by happymerlot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I got the one in the tube, hoping it would have more hydration than the LRP toleriane cream, and for less money. It really feels almost exactly like it, except that it caused stinging and itchiness that lasted for a couple days, and some tiny blisters on my cheeks (those went away quicker, thankfully). For most people, this seems to work just fine, but my skin is very sensitive and dry, and a little acne prone. I recently read the skin type solution and learned that some people have sensitivity to propylene glycol (the #3 ingredient in this product), which is a moisturizing agent that most people can use with no problem. So, always check the label!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2007 10:14:00 PM More reviews by chelsea_lynne

This would be good as a body cream. I tried it on my face, and it made me break out. For some reason, all of Cetaphil's products don't work for me. I have combination/sensitive/acne-prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2007 7:27:00 PM More reviews by uplate6674

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I use it on my psoriasis patches. It's thick, rich, and completely unscented. I know the tub isn't the most hygenic packaging, but I love it because I just have to barely touch the cream to get a little bit on my fingertip, then apply it to my skin. I can control exactly how much I use with no product waste, as there would be with a tube or pump lotion. It is a body cream, not a facial moisturizer (unless you have eczema, psoriasis, or a similar condition on your face). I like this a lot better than other lotions I've tried. Eucerin is too sticky and Aveeno has an odd, albeit faint scent. This is odorless and slick.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2007 7:35:00 PM More reviews by ChloePuff

I bought the one in the tube and am very happy with it. I only use it at night, because it's richer than the lotion, but with this and a good eye cream, I'm all set for bed. I like that it really absorbs into the skin, not leaving it too greasy. Gentle moisturization and cheap!