October 30, 2014 | 1684 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2007 10:56:00 PM More reviews by happymerlot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I got the one in the tube, hoping it would have more hydration than the LRP toleriane cream, and for less money. It really feels almost exactly like it, except that it caused stinging and itchiness that lasted for a couple days, and some tiny blisters on my cheeks (those went away quicker, thankfully). For most people, this seems to work just fine, but my skin is very sensitive and dry, and a little acne prone. I recently read the skin type solution and learned that some people have sensitivity to propylene glycol (the #3 ingredient in this product), which is a moisturizing agent that most people can use with no problem. So, always check the label!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2007 10:14:00 PM More reviews by chelsea_lynne

This would be good as a body cream. I tried it on my face, and it made me break out. For some reason, all of Cetaphil's products don't work for me. I have combination/sensitive/acne-prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2007 7:27:00 PM More reviews by uplate6674

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I use it on my psoriasis patches. It's thick, rich, and completely unscented. I know the tub isn't the most hygenic packaging, but I love it because I just have to barely touch the cream to get a little bit on my fingertip, then apply it to my skin. I can control exactly how much I use with no product waste, as there would be with a tube or pump lotion. It is a body cream, not a facial moisturizer (unless you have eczema, psoriasis, or a similar condition on your face). I like this a lot better than other lotions I've tried. Eucerin is too sticky and Aveeno has an odd, albeit faint scent. This is odorless and slick.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2007 7:35:00 PM More reviews by ChloePuff

I bought the one in the tube and am very happy with it. I only use it at night, because it's richer than the lotion, but with this and a good eye cream, I'm all set for bed. I like that it really absorbs into the skin, not leaving it too greasy. Gentle moisturization and cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2007 4:59:00 PM More reviews by radsgirl

Bought this at Sam's Club for about 9 bucks. Very nice for my itchy legs with eczema. Soft, soothing, no fragrance. Great for after shaving.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2007 12:15:00 AM More reviews by operapearls

I have combination skin that is dry and cracking one day and the next oily and broken out. I have added this cream to my nightly routine and i have to say that it is a miracle. I have sensitive allergies and I love that this cream is scent and irritant free. I've used it during a break out, and it didn't clog my pores at all! In fact, I believe it helped the break out heal! I read some of the other reviews that the cream made their skin feel greasy. I've learned that the phrase "a little goes a long way" is especially true with this product. You don't need nearly as much as you think.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2007 10:23:00 AM More reviews by maryyelizabeth

A moisturizer shoudn't burn your skin like this one does. It's terrible, thats all I can say.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2007 7:58:00 AM More reviews by NatSalypod

This is way too rich for my skin and made my face feel hot every time I put it on!!! Very greasy and a non pleasant smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2007 6:40:00 AM More reviews by xpinkcouturex

it does moisturize but it doesn't really sink into my skin, it just stays on top and feels greasy... but probably a good hand moisturizer for those with really dry hands

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2007 2:53:00 PM More reviews by aznbebebabe

Since being on Accutane, my skin is very dry, rough, and tight. This is saving my skin.

Used in conjuction with the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, this is a HG combo for me right now. I use this cream all over my face both morning and night. My skin just drinks this stuff up.My skin is finally soft to the touch again. It was so rough and bumpy for awhile. This isnt greasy to me even when I use it in the morning. I put this cream on after cleansing, then put on my SPF 50, then mineral foundation. My skin looks perfect all day.

So not use this on your face if you are oily or even slightly oily, this cream if for people with dry, sensitive, tight skin.