October 1, 2014 | 1841 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by j3nnyxoxo

I was a skeptic, yes I was. I eyed this product for awhile but was hesitant to purchase because..well it looks like a giant electronic toothbrush. But BOY, i'm glad i did! I have combination skin (more oily), a few dark acne scars medium size pores. I'm 22 but because of lack of sleep, i've been seeing very fine lines on the sides of my mouth and forehead.

I love the way clarsonic makes me feel like I actually removed ALL my foundation. This worked great for the fine lines! Seems to keep my oily-ness at bay throughout the day as well! My pores are significantly smaller and my makeup glides on in the morning :) At first, I did experience a small breakout...three small pimples but after one week, they're gone and my skin looks...CLEAN! I don't see any reduction for my dark acne spots but I didnt expect them to go right away. Hopefully, slowly but surely they'll go away :D Clarsonic is a MUST BUY for makeup wearers! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I reserved my judgement on this product until I used it for a month, now that QVC had taken the 2nd EZ pay from my account, I think it's safe to review it. I finally bought the Mia when it went for 3 E-Z pays on QVC approximately a month ago. I had wanted one for quite some time after reading reviews on here and seeing how well it sold on QVC. First, let me say that I do see an improvement in my 46 year old face. However, there are no "miracles". I can see a definite improvement in texture and my makeup goes on much better. In terms of blackheads, age spots, etc. I find that blackheads are much lighter and also "purge" easier, they have not disappeared completely. I daresay they never will, but perhaps with continued use they may even become less noticeable. A light age spot on my one cheek seems to have lightened a bit, but it still remains.

I don't know if the earlier you start using this, the better results you get over time or not. I enjoy using this, it feels as if you are massaging your face. I use it with Cetaphil cleanser and the normal brush and have been using it nightly, although I may reduce to every other night as I seem to be feeling a slight sensitivity in my cheek areas.

I would recommend it to other MUAers experiencing skin issues as I do think it definitely helps. It is an investment in your skin and not one to be taken lightly. I would say to purchase from QVC, and wait for it as a TSV with E-Z pay. They usually do this 2-3 times a year, because it is such a popular product. As Christmas time is nearing I can almost predict between now (Oct.) and the end of the year they should have it on TSV at least one more time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by RobsGirl4ever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've owned my Clarisonic Mia (pink) for about 3 months now. I looooove it and my only regret is that I didn't buy it sooner. I always watched, fascinated as they would fly out the door whenever presented on QVC or off the shelves of my fave beauty stores but wasn't sure if it was worth all the hype. So my sister & I each bought one and wow, I have to say that my skin has NEVER looked or felt cleaner and stays clear! It's amazing. I use mine with my favorite cleanser (usually Purpose Gentle Foaming Cleanser or Cetaphil daily cleanser and the results have been amazing. Having turned 30 last year (ahhhh, but hey, it happens to all of us & it's been fabulous so far) :) It's totally worth the price and I'm soooooo glad I went with the Mia over the full-size version because it's very easy to travel with (mine also came with 3 mini cleansers) and easy to charge and take in and out of the shower with me. I love it and couldn't be happier with it and my skin looks AMAZING and feels so good. My skin can be a little sensitive at times, but I actually prefer the normal brush vs. the sensitive. Which, by the way, the Mia uses the same brushes as the larger models. Love it, couldn't be happier. If you're thinking about it, go for it. For 1 minute in the shower or at the skin, this takes cleaning to a whole new level and feels amazing and it's worth every penny. You know you want one, go for it! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2010 4:26:00 PM More reviews by xmifaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this every morning with my cream cleanser for 2 weeks now. There seems to be less blackheads on my nose but I have not really noticed any other differences to the condition of my skin. I still have visible pores on my cheeks and redness so I avoid going over the red areas of my cheeks or it irritates. I find my face to be feeling quite dry afterwards but that's just my skin reacting to the unusually long and cold winter where I am living, usually my skin is normal/dry but last few months my skin has been extra extra dry and flaky so I have been using new products to sort out my skin problems. The Mia comes with the sensitive brush head and I just ordered the replacement delicate brush head so hopefully that will suit my skin better and I will update my review when I have used the delicate brush head for a few weeks. At the moment I would not yet recommend my friends to purchase this product but I will keep using for a few more months and see how it goes! I choose to believe in the many positive MUA reviews so hopefully my skin will improve with sonic cleansing. The machine is best described as a giant electric toothbrush for the face...many expensive electric toothbrushes are also sonic powered =)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Pitbullheart71

Okay, I will admit it first..I am 39. I have taken pretty good care of my skin since my 20's, but I had noticed that I was duller, with fine lines creeping in, the odd pimple here and there..after some research, I purchased the Mia. Not cheap, by any means, but if I am spending 90 bucks a month on Lancome skincare, this was a bargain, right?
All that considered, YES.
I have had teriffic results in a month. I had initial purging, but overall, my skin is brighter, more even-toned, and it's like a facial massage every night. My serums and creams soak in much better, and I have noticed not only an increase in luminosity, but my fine lines have softened. My hubs has even said he wants to try it, and that's pretty big, LOL. I agree with other reviewers- on young skin, maybe not as dramatic. On 35 or older, with the beginnings of wrinkles or sun damage- definitely worth a try!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 8:59:00 AM More reviews by MakeupArtistMiriam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received my Clarisonic Mia about 3 weeks ago and I LOVE it!

I can already see the difference in my skin. My complexion looks clearer, and there are no more dry patches, so it is much easier to get a smooth makeup application. It looks balanced and healthy, and I haven't had any breakouts lately!

I also love the Gentle Hydro Cleanser that was included - it cleans my oily/combination skin with NO harsh detergents, leaving it feeling clean but not stripped dry, as many skin cleansers designed for my complexion type often do!

The sonic vibrations of the brush head feel soothing, and I love that the bristles come in different strengths for different skin types. I am using the Sensitive brush head, with the Gentle Hydro Cleanser.

I highly recommend the Clarisonic Mia!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 6:37:00 PM More reviews by needtoread

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've had the Mia for 4 months now. I've never had any problems with my skin, but I'm a big believer in taking meticulous care of one's skin. I had been using Kirkland facial wipes to clean my face and I didn't expect to be able to remove any additional makeup. I was surprised that the Mia removed a little more makeup after using the wipes. So I still use the facial wipes and finish up with the Mia (and a mild cleanser that I purchased at Whole Foods). I had waited to write my review because I wasn't sure that the Mia was making a difference. However, I do think there's a subtle improvement in my skin. I had noticed on both sides of my face (on my cheeks - sort of near the ears) that the pores had become much more noticeable. No amount of washing or glycolic acid seemed to make a difference. Now after using the Mia for a few months, the pores are much less visible - I think the cleaning from the Mia is deeper and more thorough.
So, I would recommend this as an addition to one's cleaning routine. It's not absolutely essential, but I like it and am glad that I purchased it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 5:35:00 AM More reviews by nortybunny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using my mia for about 10 days now. It did break me out for the first few days. I was pretty worried and a bit scared but now my skin is liking it. It has made my skin clearer and smoother.

I still have blackheads on my nose but it's a lot less than before. I only use it once every evening. I tried to use it twice daily but it was a bit much for my sensitive skin. I am touching my face now. lol It feels very soft. :)

I will update again in a month or so. :)

5 Oct 2010: the weather is changing right now. I can't use it every night because it makes my cheeks feel very tight. I think I am going to use it 2 times a week or maybe once a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by kcarro

I purchased the Mia back in March, and overall I have seen an improvement in my skin (less breakouts, blackheads are easier to remove, skin is slightly brighter.) It really does take off makeup and remove impurities better than any product I have found. I have sensitive skin that unfortunately gets the occasional cyst, so I didn't use the cleansers that came with the Mia. I use another cleanser that I know works for my skin. I do love the way it lathers up! It is expensive, but if you have sensitive skin, I think that it is worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by meghantherookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love my Clarisonic. I have the pink one.
I just trust that my skin is being cleansed really, really well and I love having that peace of mind.