eos Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

3.4

Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Beeswax (Cire D’abeille), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Natural Flavor, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Linalool

on 3/10/2011 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This totally works for me :) During the cold winter months my lips are at battle. It gets so chapped/dried that I haven't worn lipstick or gloss for months...that's how grossly chapped they were (notice I said were?). I've wasted money on all kinds of products for chapped lips, down to home-remedies. Nothing worked. I've been using this for a just about a week now, and no more chapped lips for me. My lips are so smooth that I am starting to where my NARS glosses again :) Smells nice too, which I love! I even bought 2 more for my young daughters and they love it too!!! The odd shape kind of throws it off...reason for the 4 lippies. Other than that I think I found an HG lip moisturizer~~~ !

on 3/8/2011 12:19:00 AM

The packaging is really cute, and I like the fruity scent. It doesn't have the heavy, waxy feeling of some lip balms. It's also good to find a lip balm that doesn't contain petrolatum. However, I wish it were more moisturizing.

on 3/7/2011 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hearing all the hype, I decided to give this balm a try. I need to hydrate my lips every night when I go to bed, or I wake up with cracked, painful lips. I hate the smell of this balm, which has an overwhelming odor of grapefruit. And the moisture lasted all of about 10 minutes. I will not repurchase.

on 3/6/2011 11:11:00 PM

it smells nice and all, but it doesnt moisturise my lips. instead it makes my lips even more dry! will not repurchase!

I see quite a few people talk badly about this product, but I really have to disagree. Sure, it's a little expensive, but there's so much product, it'll last you forever. I got mine some time last April, and I still have quite a bit left after using it quite religiously since then. The dome's just gone a little flatter. I also really like the cute packaging and flavor. It does roll away sometimes, but I find it makes up for that by being so easy to spot amongst my makeup with it's odd shape and bright color.
Now let's talk about the actual product quality. I find that this is the best lip balm I've ever tried and I've tried Blistex, Chapstick, Burt's Bees, etc. I was really skeptical at first because when you put it on, it feels like there's not much there and it's not very moisturizing. But, when I put it on for bed, I found there was an INCREDIBLE difference in the morning.

My lips have always been pretty terrible. It was pretty rare that my lips that my lips actually looked normal and not crackly, peely, and dry. This product has worked miracles. Whenever my lips look bad, I just put this on before bed and they're perfect in the morning. Haha, I feel like such a Proactive comerical, but it's true, this product is fantastic.

on 3/6/2011 7:14:00 PM

The most overrated product I've ever used. Sure it smells yummy, but it does not do its job as a lip balm. There seems to be virtually no product getting on my lips, so my lips end up drying up even more after using it. Its little ball shape is cute though, but it always rolls off into some nebulous area so I lose it for a couple of days.. Doesn't matter though, I'll just stick to my Burt's Bees.

on 3/6/2011 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I heard about these on the boards and really wanted to see what all the hype was about. That was until I saw the price o_O Wow! So a few months passed and Rite Aid finally had them on sale and their coupon. I really liked them in the begin. Great taste, felt nice and worked great under lipstick. Then I started to get tiny blackheads around my lips and this was the only new I using, I ended up giving to my youngest daughter who loses everything and it has since happily disappeared :)

on 3/6/2011 3:48:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Overall as a lipbalm this didn't do that job. I felt like this wasn't moisturizing at all. If anything, it made my lips feel more dry and I needed to keep reapplying which didn't help.

Also, I've had an allergic reaction to this product. My lips were swollen and had stinging grashes around the edges. So I decided to just use it as sort of a waxy balm for my dry hands, and they became itchy and developed little rashes too!! Once I realized this was the culprit, I threw it in the bin.

The only good thing I have to say about this is that it smelled really good, and it has cute packaging.

on 3/6/2011 2:08:00 AM

This smells really nice and the packaging it cute. That is the only thing that is good about it. When I started using this my lips were fine, no dryness, no flaking. This dried them out. I read some reviews on here where people said the same thing and I somehow doubted that to be true. Well I am paying for it now because I can't seem to get my lips back to their original (moisturized) state from before I started using this crap. I really like the way it smells and looks, so it's a shame that the actual product sucks.

on 3/5/2011 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I have 4 other EOS balms--Honeysuckle Honeydew, Medicated Tangerine, Sweet Mint, and Lemon Drop, and this is my favorite hands down. The smell is amazing and the color of packaging is adorable! Will be repurchasing over and over again. My full review on it:

Popular Lip Treatments

Baby Lips Lip Balm
Beeswax Lip Balm
Prep + Prime Lip

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Best To Worst: EOS Lip Balm Review by kaylesTalk

Worth The Hype? | EOS Lip Balm VS. Nivea Milk & Honey Lip Care (Review) 2014 by thatgermangirl08