BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 5/6/2009 10:28:00 AM

I think two major overhall changes would vastly improve this product:
1. If it came in a more convenient and sanitary package with about half the amount of product in it.
2. If it was cheaper!!
I do really like this as a highlighter for my brow and cheek bones, but there are a tone of alternatives that give the same glowy sheen and don't have the afore mentioned problems.

on 5/6/2009 4:56:00 AM

I really love this highlighter for many reasons. First of all it's versatile (as so many other reviews have said) so it's a lovely staple to have in the drawer. Secondly, it has a really natural shimmer too it, not the chunkier sort of glittery/metallic look you often get with highlighters. The packaging is kind of weird to get used to, but with a bit of practise all is well once more in the world...I've not got down to the last of it, but I can imagine it'll be a pain to get out the last drops when that time comes. For now though I dot it along my cheekbones and sometimes in a little triangle under my eyes just to give them a boost. However, my favourite trick is to use the teenist tiniest little drop on my cupid's bow - it makes it look totally gorgeous!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really like this product. After I apply my foundation, i dab a little under my eyes and in the corners with my ring finger. (Your ring finger is the most gentle finger) and i pat it under my eyes until it has blended in. And i do the same where I want a little highlight. Such as the bridge of my nose, my cheeks, or forehead. It gives a whitish, pink healthy glow. It gives the appearance of being fresh and radiant. I really love it. It reflects from under my eyes so any appearance of dark circles after my foundation is applied, is gone. :)

on 5/4/2009 12:32:00 PM

This has been a staple of mine since the beginning of high school. I like to use something to draw attention to my cheekbones since they have a tendency to disappear with my round face shape, though I also use this on the bridge of my nose and brow bone. This comes off especially well in photos and I'm not without it when I am someplace where my picture will be taken. Also, quite expensive but lasts for ages as you really don't need a lot of it.

on 4/30/2009 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Pro:

I like this product. It gives me this natural grow when I walk out into the sun, making it look healthy.

Con:

Sometimes it looks like you have oily and shiny skin at the end of the day. The brush suck!!! Why did they put it in a nail-polish type bottle? So I ended up using like a foundation brush for it instead. Kind of expensive for a little bottle of highlighter.

on 4/28/2009 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

The packaging is horrible, so be prepared to use another makeup brush to brush off product and apply.
I love applying this to my cheekbones. When I have this on I don't even have to do eyemakeup! It's a fresh enough look for me.
The reason I wrote that I wouldn't buy this again is because this thing will last a lifetime! I've had it for half a year and it looks like it wasn't even used yet!

Beautiful pinky toned highlighter.

on 4/25/2009 11:18:00 AM

I got this from Sephora, and I love it. It's amazing for highlighting or you can put in your foundation - either way it will create a nice, dewy look. The packaging is okay, i like the brush that it comes with, but my friend told me it reminded her of a huge nail polish. I do regret getting this instead of Moonbeam though because I do have a yellow undertone, and i just think that moonbeam would be easier to wear for my complexion. I wouldn't really buy THIS one agian, instead i'd get moonbeam :) I do recommend it though.

on 4/25/2009 12:57:00 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Both Highbeam & Moonbeam are bottled magic! XOXO!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product has so many uses. I mix it in with my liquid foundation for a nice glow, I apply it on the tip of my cheekbones to make them 'pop' & I recently started mixing this into my lotion for an all over shimmery glow. This is a product that I will make sure I never run out of.

on 4/11/2009 9:26:00 PM

Since I'm on a Benefit kick right now, I decided give in and purchase a bottle of High Beam. The look was great when I tested it. I used it to highlight my brow bones and cheek bones to wake up my complexion a bit without wearing any makeup. Unfortunately, I got a few small zit-like bumps on my brow bones and cheek bones - wherever I applied the product. My skin is normally clear and if I do get a blemish or zit, they don't show up in those places. This is going back. :(

Popular Highlighters